• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Danball Senki W 4
JufW7Uxl.png
Took like 48 eps to hit a weak one but here we are. It's mostly due to how by the books it was.

edit: oh tail hair shows up. A+ ep

SkyOdin

So here's a rec request from my buddy I work with in a genre I know nothing about, lol.

He's looking for a Mecha anime to watch. He's seen all the Gundam's and various othersincluding Cross Ange on my dime, lol. He actually liked it so there, lol. He doesn't mind harem/ecchi crap, and he hates really highbrow philosophical crap. Any good ideas out there?

Here are a few recommendations:

Gun X Sword: An all-around great mecha show with a focused plot and some cool characters. If you are a fan of the various stuff that used to air on Toonami back a decade ago, then you will like this, since it is similar in tone.

Fafner: Consists of an original series, a movie, and then a sequel series. It starts off confusing and way under-budgeted, but as the first series goes on it picks up in quality. It has a great mix of character development and a really terrifying and alien enemy. It is roughly a descendant of Evangelion, and to be fair, it might qualify as "philosophical crap" at times, but I think it is a fun show. Starting with the movie, it actually gets a great animation budget and has some amazing fight scenes.

Majestic Prince: The great mecha palette cleanser. It was somewhat overlooked because it was released alongside Gargantia and Valvrave, but it was secretly the best show out of the three. It is a pure honest mecha show with a set of cool main mechs, goofy and fun main characters, shamelessly evil villains, and a lot of really awesome battles. Pure fun.

KIZNAIVER Episode 3

Reasonably enjoyable show remains enjoyable.

I feel like the actual plot hasn't really kicked in, but that's fine. It's enjoyable to watch these idiots trying to make sense of their predicament.

Line_HTX

BAKUON!! 04

xgDKOKU.png

Poor Raimu-senpai, forgotten on the ferry and the port destination.

Hijiri's butler is too much, simply replacing one Ducati with another, lol.

I didn't realize that whenever Rin yells, Toyama reverts a little back to her Karen-desu voice. Excellent choice here, haha.

Them hot springs, mmm~

Line_HTX

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 03

Now I see where that unique speaker that's in the episode previews came from. That gaijin engineer probably knows everything! ROFL

6impcDc.png

Mumei is a vampire, oh my. At least she lightened the mood by making funny faces.

Ikoma, what're you dooin'?

Koutetsujou no Cabinetmakeri 03
Mumei isn't his sister, obvs

Samurai dude and all the adults were right all along. Can't blame them, this is the whole plot of Batman vs Superman.

Just tell them that you had a mom

Qurupeke

Attack on Ghouls 3

Alright, I get it. Mumei is perfect, everyone else is trash. I really hate when there's a character that excells in everything, for no apparent reason. She's an one man army, knows a ton of things, she's perfect with children. And then there are characters like the royal guard samurai, who are just there to be jumpy about everything and then proved to be wrong.

The show continues to be enjoyable, even if this was a slow episode. I'm still not sure what the overall goal is, but for now, they just have to go to that shogunate it seems. Also, I was about to say that there are no drawbacks on Kabanes and they should make an army of them, but the need of blood seems pretty important...

TUSR

Banned
Attack on Ghouls 3

Alright, I get it. Mumei is perfect, everyone else is trash. I really hate when there's a character that excells in everything, for no apparent reason. She's an one man army, knows a ton of things, she's perfect with children. And then there are characters like the royal guard samurai, who are just there to be jumpy about everything and then proved to be wrong.

The show continues to be enjoyable, even if this was a slow episode. I'm still not sure what the overall goal is, but for now, they just have to go to that shogunate it seems. Also, I was about to say that there are no drawbacks on Kabanes and they should make an army of them, but the need of blood seems pretty important...

Preview is out for Episode 4 if you think there are no draw backs.

They also cannot live without humans if they need blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSR0uJONmlY

Quasar

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 3 - Well that escalated. I half expected an alien like scene. Mumei continues to be badass.

phaze

Kabaneri 03

There were some really cringeworthy moments in this, on par with the worst of AoT. All the more so since Eren's vengeance rants > Ikoma's.

The pointless cliffhanger doesn't bother me a whole lot but the decision to cut away from Ikoma's zombie fit and cut back when he already pinned hime (what's her name again ?) to the ground was baffling and robbed the scene of any tension.

zzzz episode overall.

Qurupeke

Preview is out for Episode 4 if you think there are no draw backs.

They also cannot live without humans if they need blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSR0uJONmlY

Yeah, there are drawbacks, I wasn't sarcastic. And considering there is a cooldown period, it's not like the whole "transformation" is invincible either.

Oh, the foreign engineer narrates the preview. lol

I've never seen so much discussion about cliffhangers until this week.

Where were you on Erased? :p

Netoge 04
Uncrating and keys, hat fortress, sexting.

Inconceivable, the power of cyber.

You don't get to use the OP in an episode unless it's like a final boss or something! Well, the song is pretty low effort imo so it's okay.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, there are drawbacks, I wasn't sarcastic. And considering there is a cooldown period, it's not like the whole "transformation" is invincible either.

Oh, the foreign engineer narrates the preview. lol

Where were you on Erased? :p

He's actually so good, glad he showed up as a character.

I was here for the first 5 episodes and the destruction of shippers.
Netoge 04
Uncrating and keys, hat fortress, sexting.

You don't get to use the OP in an episode unless it's like a final boss or something! Well, the song is pretty low effort imo so it's okay.
The Universal logo before Netoge kills me everytime.

Quasar

He's actually so good, glad he showed up as a character.

I was here for the first 5 episodes and the destruction of shippers.

The Universal logo before Netoge kills me everytime.

Yeah. So very weird to see a american logo on anime. Of course seeing 'a comcast company' is also very weird.

blurr

what sequels would anime GAF like to see that probably won't happen anytime (soon)?

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu
5. Haruhi show on par with Disappearance

Kabaneri 3

Agree with phaze that the crosscutting at the end didn't really help. Sticking with Ikoma for the blood craving reveal might have been better, assuming that's what's happening to him. Also if Mumei was aware of the issue, it might have been a good idea to communicate that to Ikoma before now.

what sequels would anime GAF like to see that probably won't happen anytime (soon)?

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu

More:
Innou Battles in Every Day Life
Humanity Has Declined (not sure where they'd go but this is a great show)
Beautiful Bones
Trinity Seven
The Eccentric Family (Probably a 'careful what you wish for' situation but I can wish for a
'Benten kills that creepy old Tengu' arc can't I
)
Severing Crime Edge (I liked the way that every other character started to
become genuinely afraid of Kiri rather than the old saw of 'but he'd never hurt me', it was a rare example of a hidden power actually negatively affecting relationships
)
D-Frag!

What can I say I like silly

Edit:
Devil is a Part Timer S2.

How could I forget this?

Quasar

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu

Devil is a Part Timer S2.
Tokyo Ravens S2.
Spice & Wolf S3.

Theres tons of stuff I'd like. Mostly adaptations of really long series that only got 1 season of anime.

Love Lab
Eccentric Family
Servant x Service
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Yozakura Quartet
Space Dandy
Hackadoll

I'm no doubt forgetting some but many of my favourite series either ended conclusively or well enough.

Cornbread78

I'm in for:

SNAFU 3
Log Horizon 3
SAO 3
D-Frag 2
White Album 2.5
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou 2
Cross Ange 2
Spice and Wolf 3

I can keep going, lol

phaze

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu

Yozakura Quartet
Shigurui
Love Lab
D-Frag
Baron Ashura's Tale
Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas
It doesn't really need a sequel but I wouldn't say no to more Mononoke.

pbayne

Outlaw Star-it was ended in such a way leave room for a sequel but nothing ever came of it. I think Sunrise had plans for it at one point too.
Beck-Cant see it happening at this point.
Hajime no Ippo or One Outs
And a recent one but Gatchamnan Crowds, even with their flaws i think they're pretty creative and id like to see what else they can do.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu

1. Devil part timer
2. Sekai Seifuku: Svezda
3. Oregairu
4. Log Horizon
5. Humanity Has Declined

Jintor

Hmmm

1. Nichibros
2. Shirobako movie about making a movie
3. My Little Monster s2
4. Log Horizon
5. Galko (probably will happen, enough material)
6. Part Timer s2

...?. Soul Eater: Resonance, but not because I thought the manga ending was 'brilliant'; I just thought the anime ending was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom