• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Outlaw Star-it was ended in such a way leave room for a sequel but nothing ever came of it. I think Sunrise had plans for it at one point too.
Beck-Cant see it happening at this point.
Hajime no Ippo or One Outs
And a recent one but Gatchamnan Crowds, even with their flaws i think they're pretty creative and id like to see what else they can do.

Not sure too much of a point of Bck season 2, even the god damn manga ends on what practically is a cliffhanger

PbaIuAI.gif

what sequels would anime GAF like to see that probably won't happen anytime (soon)?

Kanon After Story ;p

+ a lot of the stuff already mentioned like more Lucky Star, Haruhi, The Eccentric Family and D-Frag

Oh, and more Hidamari Sketch, but that's probably going to happen.

sonicmj1

what sequels would anime GAF like to see that probably won't happen anytime (soon)?

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu
5. Haruhi show on par with Disappearance

Flowers of Evil season 2 is never going to happen, because that show is too incredible to exist.

Super Lovers Episode 4
tumblr_o6ebizuPHj1qbxqfpo2_540.png
tumblr_o6ebizuPHj1qbxqfpo1_540.png

The anime puts all the lovely effects in the most lovely scenes. Was looking so forward to that one, but also later with Ikuyoshi and then the one after Aki gives Ren a bad talk and then Ren goes to find comfort in Haru but ends up providing comfort for Haru.

Ill definitely reread all the manga once this ends its so good.
ChNiNSXUcAAwria.jpg

Tuck

Attack on Ghouls 3

Alright, I get it. Mumei is perfect, everyone else is trash. I really hate when there's a character that excells in everything, for no apparent reason. She's an one man army, knows a ton of things, she's perfect with children. And then there are characters like the royal guard samurai, who are just there to be jumpy about everything and then proved to be wrong.

Well, they weren't entirely wrong. That last scene ends up justifying their paranoia.

Tbh they probably should have structured it differently. The villagers spent the entire episode being paranoid when there wasn't really any reason to be, based on the information available to them at the time. Mumei and the MC were perfectly sentient, calm and passive, and clearly not typical zombies. So everyone acting like they were felt forced and silly, and made them all look like idiots. Had the MC (Who I keep wanted to call lenka for some reason...) gone nuts at the beginning of the episode, rather than the end, the rest of the villagers would have been far more justified in wanting hem dead.

Concrete Revolution Episode 17

I guess no win for either superhuman bureau or even the public safety folks and jiro crew, since well Devilo and Devila went to space.

Jiro smiled for once.
ChNsSF1XEAAcMdH.jpg

Cornbread78

Kanon After Story ;p

FxEjqeV.gif

I could just give you a big back hug right now, lol

Hmm:
1- Hyouka 2
3- SNAFU 3
4- Barakamon 2
5- Grimgar 2

Yeah, I could take these, but only Hyouka if they stopped the whole pretentious crap and just go for it. Ya know, go all in and not the whole fake out crap because they wanna be cute about it, lol .. I get it subtlety, subtlety, subtlety.... lol

1. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere

Oh hells yeah to this one as well. Tori x Horizon was cute, but this didn't sell well at all did it...

FxEjqeV.gif

I could just give you a big back hug right now, lol

Yeah, I could take these, but only Hyouka if they stopped the whole pretentious crap and just go for it. Ya know, go all in and not the whole fake out crap because they wanna be cute about it, lol .. I get it subtlety, subtlety, subtlety.... lol

Oh hells yeah to this one as well. Tori x Horizon was cute, but this didn't sell well at all did it...
Horizon sold really really well.

Each season had avg sale of 20k discs.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 17

Another good episode. A bit slow towards the middle, but finishes nicely. A bit akin to the Kaiju episodes in terms of themes.

Didn't learn as much about Emi as I thought we would, but it seems like she's not particularly well liked by other beings like her.

Also, weirdly uncensored breasts in this episode...

Cornbread78

Strike the Blood ep. 21-END:
CzchGHl.jpg

(yeah, I get that comic now after the 10 or 15th time she said it)

Now that ending was something else. I mean, like always, the wrong girl won in the end as they continue to push the overused narrative that
childhood friends are useless and will never get a shot
lol. Also,
the whole Himeragi x Koujo's baby coming back from the future to help them destroy the magical beast
was weird and felt out of place. I mean, I figure they were just closing the loop on everything to confirm the future ship, but man, but it was just an odd way to do it... The ending with
Kojou waiting outside the school for her (for the first time ever) was cute enough as an ending
The series wasn't as much as a harem as I thought it would be as they really only tried shipping the one girl and everyone else was just there as a potential blood host, lol. The action scenes were often short, but decent and the mini arc type stories were pretty good. I just wish that there was a central plot through a 2 cour show, but instead, we just had those mini arcs throughout.

Clov

Me:
1. Oshiete Galko-chan
2. Nichibros
3. Lucky Star
4. More Oregairu
5. Haruhi show on par with Disappearance

Lucky Star actually has a sequel of sorts already, though it's more like a spin-off. It's called Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku, and it's about this otaku girl and her sister. Episodes are around five minutes long or so. It has some occasional brief cameos from the main cast. Of course, I'd love a continuation of the main series too; Lucky Star with KyoAni's current production values would be a lot of fun!

As for other series I want to see more of, I'd like another season of Shigurui, if only to explain how
that one major character loses his arm.
I definitely would like another Flowers of Evil season, as unlikely as it is to happen.

There's also a bunch of series that I want more of but know they would be better left alone. Sometimes it's best not to have too much of a good thing, otherwise you might lose what made it special in the first place.

Strike the Blood ep. 21-END:
CzchGHl.jpg

(yeah, I get that comic now after the 10 or 15th time she said it)

Now that ending was something else. I mean, like always, the wrong girl won in the end as they continue to push the overused narrative that
childhood friends are useless and will never get a shot
lol. Also,
the whole Himeragi x Koujo's baby coming back from the future to help them destroy the magical beast
was weird and felt out of place. I mean, I figure they were just closing the loop on everything to confirm the future ship, but man, but it was just an odd way to do it... The ending with
Kojou waiting outside the school for her (for the first time ever) was cute enough as an ending
The series wasn't as much as a harem as I thought it would be as they really only tried shipping the one girl and everyone else was just there as a potential blood host, lol. The action scenes were often short, but decent and the mini arc type stories were pretty good. I just wish that there was a central plot through a 2 cour show, but instead, we just had those mini arcs throughout.
Seems like you missed the fact that the ending
shows that those two girls are his daughters from the future and are from two different girls in his harem. So no childhood friend does not lose she wins at some point or at least gets the D from him and a baby out of it.

and now, the classic kick to the balls..... Thanks.

and besides, Horizon had much better idols anyhow...

http://i.imgur.com/9K7WKQP.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]

All the Horizon music is so well, the OST, and all the character image songs. I loved the one from that gif, and then also in second season too bad many of the good songs were CD exclusive they would have been so good if they had been used in the anime. Sadly the fandom is small so I cant even link them on youtube. I listen to them all the time.

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 17

Wow.

<3 BONES
<3 Concrete Revolutio
<3 Hironori Tanaka
<3 Masaki Tsuji

That was really well done. Can't wait for Narag, Hosanna, and Jex to watch this. :D

Wanderer5

Luluco #5

Holy crap they went all out with this episode lol. Some cool action and shots here.

So much badass from Lalaco (godspeed heh) and Over Justice, and the latter has a really cool gun form. And lol that tall building must be really connected to the ground for the ship to be able to pick up a good chunk of the city with it.XD Also Life Fibers making a appearance!;P

On a different note on things, I feel really bad for Luluco that her parents were fighting and even shooting at each other, before her mom ditched them.:(

Cornbread78

Seems like you missed the fact that the ending
shows that those two girls are his daughters from the future and are from two different girls in his harem. So no childhood friend does not lose she wins at some point or at least gets the D from him and a baby out of it.

Oh $hit, how did I miss that!
I didn't think the second professor looking girl was his as well
. Yay, go team! Now I want to know how the parents survived without
Asagi getting absolutely murdered by Himeragi, lol

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 17

Another amazing example of how humans and most superhumans aren't that different on the grand power scale. Devilo's speeches were amusing given how he wasn't saying much of anything that didn't seem like common sense but it became something immensely powerful when it was coupled with Devila's appearance to give it gravitas and for how it was spoken directly to everyone at the end, including the viewer.

This is probably better than the first cour's Earth-chan ep.

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolutio 17

Seemingly another boring episode, it turned out to be pretty awesome. Devila was nice. And they left her breasts uncensored, I didn't expect that!

Yeah, I could take these, but only Hyouka if they stopped the whole pretentious crap and just go for it. Ya know, go all in and not the whole fake out crap because they wanna be cute about it, lol .. I get it subtlety, subtlety, subtlety....

Yeah that's be nice and I'd be down for it too. KyoAni loves to tease us though, so I doubt it'd happen aha.

Ushio to Tora - 31

This episode had so many WHY moments for me. Everything from jumping out of a helicopter mid air, agreeing to help someone snag a submarine just because of the look in their eyes, to Negare's reasoning.
At least the episode provided plenty of nutty faces.

Space Patrol Luluco Ep. 5

Hells yes that was a great episode this show is ramping to infinity in the way I like my silly

On a different note on things, I feel really bad for Luluco that her parents were fighting and even shooting at each other, before her mom ditched them.:(

Same here,
I can't help but wonder if Nova isn't involved with Mom also just from the way she just accepted him stopping her hitting Luluco. Poor Luluco, it wouldn't surprise me if he was Space Spy Agent CR :(

Narag

Kagewani -II- 5

The Kagewani hunter subplot has never worked out that well for me and this isn't much different but I have total trust in the show to make it come together like everything did in the first season.

I don't understand this at all. There was no "fake out crap" in Hyouka.

Oreki and Chitanda's relationship was made perfectly clear by the end. There was no need for a confession scene or anything for them to go: "all in".

Also, pretentious? Really? A show that's pretentious would be something like Earth Maiden Arjuna. Hyouka was a show primarily about character interactions to make the little romantic aspects it had feel natural. It wasn't trying to preach anything or make a point.

LULUCOP S2 - 01
I don't want to close my eyes.
I don't want to fall asleep, cause I'll miss you baby;
and I don't want to miss a thing.
Even when I dream of youeaaaah!!,
the sweetest dream will never deau, cause I'll still miss you baby;
and I don't want to miss a thing.

This is the show us weeb trash deserve.

LULUCOP S2 - 02
#TRIGGERED

these guys really like mom villains, don't they? She's even got a life fiber cape.

and the return of YEAART! This really is Trigger/Gainax Greatest Hits: The Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom