• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

White Album ep.7-9
WTF is this shit... His childhood friend is crying because he hasn't hung out with her and she misses him. The middle school girl he is tutoring kisses him when he falls asleep. He's getting it on in the car with his girlfriend's manager because, as she put it earlier, she is his GF's replacement since he can't see his GF anymore during her rise to stardom. Then he professes his love to another girl that was friends with him and his girlfriend previously. I don't get this at all. Too many girls and it's not even a harem, lol.

White Album 2 is so much better than this shit, lol

Quasar

I'll never get people that profess to be Macross fans and then complain that it's become too silly. Like what series did they ever watch that wasn't always campy as fuck?

I dunno. I never much thought it was campy. Melodramatic sure.

As for Delta...I'm just getting bored. I'd rather be rewatching Frontier or Plus at this point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought at the core of SDF there was a compelling, classical sci-fi story about an offshoot of humans that lost sight of their humanity, a theme that was tackled again Gurren Lagann and then Gargantia. The characters were also believable even if the context wasn't, which is more than I can say for many Gundams.

Hundred 5

Motherfucker gets a full view of owls right in the open, and then has a completely different cat land on his face within a minute. Truly a man of legend.

Fuck the pain away.

edit: LMAO HE HAS ANOTHER CHILDHOOD FRIEND WITH THE MOST M NIGHT SHYAMALAN WRITTEN TWIST, truly fuck my pain away. Fucking masterpiece.

Danball Senki - 24

I hate to just leave my thoughts on this episode with a mere meme reaction gif but I want to watch episode 25 right away so I'll just summarize them with this:

giphy.gif

Narag

I thought at the core of SDF there was a compelling, classical sci-fi story about an offshoot of humans that lost sight of their humanity, a theme that was tackled again Gurren Lagann and then Gargantia. The characters were also believable even if the context wasn't, which is more than I can say for many Gundams.

Yes. Believable.
jpDZr4fl.png

Cornbread78

My Bride is a Mermaid ep.20
images

Holy shit, holy shit, I just blew water all over the counter, lol. This fucking episode was hilarious. Lunar's dad I'm full moe girl cosplay, sailor school uni with panty shot and all... I can't even, I still laughing at thise two stupid father's
using a girl game to try to understand their daughter's feelings and even dressing up for it. Masa-san!
This show still has the stupidest shit happen that makes me die laughing.

White Album ep.7-9
WTF is this shit... His childhood friend is crying because he hasn't hung out with her and she misses him. The middle school girl he is tutoring kisses him when he falls asleep. He's getting it on in the car with his girlfriend's manager because, as she put it earlier, she is his GF's replacement since he can't see his GF anymore during her rise to stardom. Then he professes his love to another girl that was friends with him and his girlfriend previously. I don't get this at all. Too many girls and it's not even a harem, lol.

White Album 2 is so much better than this shit, lol

Hehe...it only gets better from here.

Shounen Maid 1

The premise - a young boy dresses up as a maid to clean his uncle's house - is certainly a bit eyebrow raising, but there's actually a sincere heart at the center of this that makes it work. The episode did a good job presenting Chihiro's bewilderment at losing his mother and his place in the world. While it's not the most pretty show, there was some good framing with interesting camera angles and sensitive lightning in the emotional moments. Chihiro being an extreme neat freak who can't stand the sight of dust is used to good effect. I don't find all the comedy especially funny, but it's warm-hearted enough to get me on board.

Cornbread78

Let's just say that he isn't exactly done messing around yet.

I hate how they just cut the away from the car when he was with the manager. Was it just kissing or did he did in for more like she wanted?

Either way, I did feel bad for the dude, until that awkward confession scene. WTF was that all about, lol?

Narag

I'll never get people that profess to be Macross fans and then complain that it's become too silly. Like what series did they ever watch that wasn't always campy as fuck?

I do think there's probably a case to be made for people that went from like maybed SDF->DYRL->Plus especially since SDF & Plus were probably a lot of NA viewers only exposure. It's funny nonetheless. Idols in my macross? where's the space vampires, bro

Big Order 3

These people are hypocrites and Eiji isn't anywhere near as creative with his power as he should be. Dude needs to do something to wipe that shit-eating grin off smug white hair dude's face.

And just checked the manga. Turns out it's not going as fast as I thought, though still likely to cover everything.

Narag

kewlmyc

My Bride is a Mermaid ep.20
images

Holy shit, holy shit, I just blew water all over the counter, lol. This fucking episode was hilarious. Lunar's dad I'm full moe girl cosplay, sailor school uni with panty shot and all... I can't even, I still laughing at thise two stupid father's
using a girl game to try to understand their daughter's feelings and even dressing up for it. Masa-san!
This show still has the stupidest shit happen that makes me die laughing.

Glad you're enjoying it. Best romantic comedy.

Danball Senki - 27

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

I thought Kaidou's red eyes in the OP was just alluding to him being evil. I didn't think he was actually a freaking CYBORG.

fertygo

believeable is my ass, if SDF is believeable so does Indian tv drama

blurr

Oshiete Galko-chan 1-12 rewatch

To think a show can discuss on a girl's private matters and play on stereotypes with humor and such charm while not coming off as brash or absurd - give me my season 2.

I think the last time I've been so charmed by characters in a light comedy, it was Lucky Star.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
believeable is my ass, if SDF is believeable so does Indian tv drama

Well indian tv drama just might be more believable than Gundam.

Usually, when I watch Gundam, I get the feeling of "why would you EVER do that?" quite often, something that didn't come up as much in SDF Macross. Everything Riddhe does gives me this feeling, for example. I remember writing this about Unicorn:

Myself said:

Or how about anything Sochi does in Turn A? I can excuse G Gundam because it's a wuxia story but why does the robot show that practically invented real robot have such bizarre caricatures for people?

Ichijo puts Minmay on a pedestal and disregards Hayase who's right next to him, but makes the sensible choice in the end.

Minmay is a spoiled, self-centered child drunk on her own popularity and self importance, but she's confronted with her own privilege eventually.

Hayase is a no-fun-allowed officer at first but the toll of war and conflict and continual, unavoidable proximity to Hikaru eventually softens her demeanor.

Claudia is a well-adjusted mature women with an realistic relationship and pragmatic attitude toward matters of romance.

Like, these are people you could meet in real life. Where would you ever meet someone like Kira or Banaghar or Heero? Relena? Full Frontal? Gundam characters are puppets dancing to a mad piper's tune, more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom