• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything really, I guess would like something that's not merely "good", but different and ambitious. Sort of like From the New World. I don't mind stuff that's bad, but still manages to be interesting and entertaining, like WIXOSS.

Majin Bone
Gundam Build Fighters
Danball Senki
Hyouka
Kino's Journey
Shin Mazinger Z (Called Mazinger Edition Z on Crunchyroll)
Eureka Seven
Gurren Lagann

ibyea

Banned
Locke - Lion
Claire - Misaki
Sawyer - Jack
Jack - Valkana
Charlie - Mitsumune
Charlie's brother - Speedstar
Shannon - Maimai
Boone - Icebound Judgeness
Ben - Dahara
Juilet - Koharun
The Smoke Monster - Lovepon
Dozaemon - Hurley
Ana Lucia - Nyanta
The Pilot - Yottsun
Paulo & Nikki - Manbe & Pii-tan

Hahaha! This is good. I would personally make Mikage as Sawyer.

ibyea

Banned
All this Japanese Zootopia furry fanart...
Gus-smiling.gif

I heard there is a lot from S. Korea too lol.

Ascheroth

So, even though I do occasionally post in the thread, I have been out of the anime loop for a while. I think the last series I finished was Yuri Kuma Arashi, Shingeki no Bahamut, and Shounen Hollywood early last year.

Since college is essentially over for me, I actually have time to watch stuff now. What's come out that's good, or at least interesting since then? All I've heard about is Erased btw.
I don't think I've seen Death Parade mentioned yet.

pbayne

Giant Robo 4

Its odd how ineffective Robo has been so far. His most important role so far has been to signify a fear or paranoia over a nuclear threat because he's pretty much a fall guy in the plot so far. Though i guess that's due to Daisaku's immaturity and being unable to use him properly.

The most fun in the series so far is still seeing how creative everyones power is.
Taiso went out like a boss.

Sölf

Jeez you weren't kidding, I got interested and binged it, so that's where the gif of the heavily defined guys giving thumbs up comes from.

School Rumble S2 - 2 and 3

Brilliant couple of episodes, I couldn't help but laugh through out as over dramatic death after death kept coming, plot twists after plot twists and then the final bit with the butler and the kid he saved. What a great show.

Almost makes me forget I cracked my phone's screen ;_;

Btw there is an OVA that takes place between S1 and S2. It's basically S1 -> OVA -> S2 (Ni Gakki) -> S3 (San Gakki - but as said, only the last 2 episodes are animated, just switch to the manga after you finish S2 for another ~7 volumes of glory).

Aki-at

Sölf;202469089 said:
Btw there is an OVA that takes place between S1 and S2. It's basically S1 -> OVA -> S2 (Ni Gakki) -> S3 (San Gakki - but as said, only the last 2 episodes are animated, just switch to the manga after you finish S2 for another ~7 volumes of glory).

Oh right, thanks! I didn't know and thought it was a OVA set after S2 so I'll definitely go back to it and then the manga after that.

Man Eri is such a cruel temptress and Harima's interactions with her never fail to deliver. I almost kind of wish the show was about her and Harima instead (And her crossdressing butler and maid)

Cerberus Episode 5 – The Sense
Che4QDiWwAEMFKQ.jpg

Hiiro has so many of my favorite anime traits in him lol. Very funny episode especially the beginning part when he is on the sand dune -> sand trap.

his dragon mode was epic, hope he can control it someday

Mailbox

Sankarea 07

" I, the quintessential childhood friend, will not let this walking corpse beat me in the battle for Chihiro's affections. Who happens to be super-into zombie girls. And also my cousin. Whom I like because of reasons." I don't think I've seen a childhood friend as dead on arrival as here yet.

And I swear, her conversation with her mother and the behavior of her father is probably some hint that they're not cousins but a brother and sister.

You haven't watched the second season of Chunibyo, have you?

Quasar

Erased turned bad after a while.

Rakugo and Haikyuu was where it was last season.

Last year generally sucked so there is not much you missed: Owari, Haikyuu S2, Hackadoll, Somera-chan, Sound Euphonium maybe Subete ga F ni Naru would be shows worth checking out if they tickle your fancy. And if your fancy is well animated action then One Punch Man and FS/N: UBW.

I dont really agree with your characterisation, and I'd also mention Shirobako. Hell I'd generally just point people to the last couple of gaf annual top 10s for stuff to watch.

Sölf;202469881 said:
The S3 thing is the same as in the manga - but you are basically missing everything except for the last few chapters. It just makes no sense to watch that after S2.

The manga ending was also bad.

phaze

Yep ill never forgive what he did to Kaneki
I did walk into that riposte. lol

You haven't watched the second season of Chunibyo, have you?
I only watch good KyoAni anime.

Like Kyoukai no Kanata.

I dont really agree with your characterisation, and I'd also mention Shirobako. Hell I'd generally just point people to the last couple of gaf annual top 10s for stuff to watch.
I'm not overly fond of Shirobako but still would have probably mentioned it, had he not mentioned Yuri Kuma, signalling his break started with spring season at the earliest. (I'm pretty sure he was around still bit later than that.)

Big Order 03

First half of the episode was edgy shit that was boring and not what I was promised but the last two minutes were some top grade trash. The double team of ribbon pregnancy and muscled brown girl who eats rocks might make me actually stick this out

I was wondering something about Ajin season 2. Will the kodansha x crunchy collab stop netflix from having the streaming rights of Ajin next season? I hope not because I liked netflix dub.

The first season of School Rumble is the only good one.

Season 2 had quite a few good episodes as the aforementioned ep2-3.

However, quite a large part of it grew stale and I could've done with 80% less 'let's put the entire cast in some random setting and call it a day!" episodes.

Season 2 had quite a few good episodes as the aforementioned ep2-3.

However, quite a large part of it grew stale and I could've done with 80% less 'let's put the entire cast in some random setting and call it a day!" episodes.

Yeah, there were some good episodes in it, but the comedy grew stale and School Rumble was never worth watching for actual serious character drama or relationship stuff.

Jarmel

Banned
The biggest surprise for me today is finding out Masaki Kajishima is an actual director. I thought the dude was a writer/illustrator and that's it. Turns out he actually does animation/storyboarding/direction.

It's a total 'lol wut' moment for me.

Aki-at

School Rumble is too damn good.

I'm not a fan of the ending though.

I thought it couldn't be that bad so I read the last couple of chapters.

What the hell, who wrote this, Kojima? It's Metal Gear Solid 4 all over again for me fffffff.

Definitely watch the 'S3' OVAs.

It's the biggest twist on School Rumble, yet. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Alright since you were bang on the money I'll watch that and call it time on the series if the rest of season 2 isn't as good.

Wasn't expecting the ending of the manga to be so... Out of tune with the rest of the series, guess the author must have gotten tired/drained of the series by the end.

Sölf

Yeah, well, I never denied that. :p

I also don't like the manga ending, as it came just so out of the blue and was just pure nonsense. Nevertheless, I liked pretty much everything leading up to it. We also got School Rumble Z which basically more or less confirms the one and only OTP!

Sterok

Sailor Moon Crystal S3 5

Uranus and Neptune really like being antagonistic for no reason. Not very endearing. Also, Usagi knows who Uranus is, Mamoru and Chibi-Usa know who Neptune is, yet no one is talking about it? Well, at least that's no longer an issue. Good that Usagi and Mamoru are clearing things up with each other before it gets stupid. Ami continues to be the best, getting several cool moments in a row (though not as Mercury), finding the enemy's monster facilities, and drawing out Haruka and Michiru. And finally, Setsuna decides to make her move.

Cornbread78

Cerberus ep.5
I think DTL and I are the only two here watching this hot mess. The MC is overconfident in his non-existing abilities. I mean, at least he's not taking the bitch route, but it's annoying to watch. Then he's useless heroin with no personality is not doing anything to help she's completely useless. They could at least have her help somehow other then beaing the dumb, stupid, blue haired girl, come on now.

FluxWaveZ

Gintama' - 250

I'm back to watching this show regularly, and I'd just like to say that I love Dark Lord Hasegawa. Went from the most pathetic character to one of the most threatening.
The accompanying theme and the distorted, evil inner monologue are just great. Gintama's full of memorable, one-off moments like these. Love this show.

Alright since you were bang on the money I'll watch that and call it time on the series if the rest of season 2 isn't as good.

Wasn't expecting the ending of the manga to be so... Out of tune with the rest of the series, guess the author must have gotten tired/drained of the series by the end.

Nah I was just condescendingly referring to that ludicrous tonal change as 'twist'. I mean it still is one I guess but more in the sense that one cannot fathom how School Rumble turns to that towards the end.

Aki-at

Kabaneri - 3

Wonder how Ikoma is going to get out of this! Also though the character was in his early 20s but the show's timeline places him in his teens. Still really enjoying this show.

Yeah, there were some good episode in it, but the comedy grew stale and School Rumble was never worth watching for actual serious character drama or relationship stuff.

All that stuff seemed pretty awkward for me, Eri and Makoto's fallout in the first season felt so out of place.

EDIT:

Nah I was just condescendingly referring to that ludicrous tonal change as 'twist'. I mean it still is one I guess but more in the sense that one cannot fathom how School Rumble turns to that towards the end.

Oh... Yeah from what I got by reading a synopsis a
previously joke character developers a serious destabilizing mental condition and the main heroine is whisked away to another country.
This is like Ctrl Alt Del but in anime format.

I'll never get people that profess to be Macross fans and then complain that it's become too silly. Like what series did they ever watch that wasn't always campy as fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom