• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It might also explain the Escaflowne kickstarter to a degree.
No...Escaflowne would have happened with or without the Kickstarter, and it has no real bearing on how that project is turning out.

I did enjoy myself with the first part. I was warned elsewhere though it features akame ga kill level tonal whiplash though. So part two will be interesting. Interesting to see another show with a double length starter.

Yeah, pretty much this. I even put about 4h between episodes because while still decent, the first didn't leave me all that impressed. I didn't want episode 2 to end.

I watched them back to back, I had heard here a little bit about it so I was expecting that twist to come at some point. Boy does it elevate the quality of the whole thing. And that ending?? You could kind of think of the first half as satire towards the whole "genre" of parallel worlds in anime, like the protag
constantly expecting some amazing power to come from within, or expecting that some beautiful girl was the one who summoned him into this world.
All the tropes get squashed on the second half. Or rather,
sliced.

Thoraxes

Presumably Funimation will be at some point in the future, given that they have the license for it now.

Man, they still have a lot of Bandai titles they haven't released yet.

I'm looking at you, Outlaw Star blurays.

I'd be all over Lucky Star in a heartbeat though.

Cornbread78

Why do people who pile 50" tvs on top of s carriage think they can walk out the front door? I was watching anime on my phone and still stopped the crackhead.

I think I asked yesterday, but does anyone have an extra Crunchy pass hanging around?

Clov

Man, they still have a lot of Bandai titles they haven't released yet.

I'm looking at you, Outlaw Star blurays.

I'd be all over Lucky Star in a heartbeat though.

Where's my Code Geass dual audio BDs?!

BibleThump

Lucky Star was announced the year after those licenses, as part of a bunch of anime they licensed from Kadokawa (including all of Haruhi, the Steins;Gate movie, and that Strike Witches OVA). The licenses you're talking about are from Sunrise, who apparently have a lot of trouble getting materials in on time. I'm personally expecting the Kadokawa licenses to release before the Sunrise ones are out.

Wanderer5

That final episode was actually good, even the goofy designs worked for once. It doesn't make up for the rest of the season though.

Unfortunately... First season remains the best really, and it has been downhill since.

This episode was pretty neat through indeed, with the focus on the boy.

Kotetsushin Jeeg - 1

CfKe11jXIAAM-AV.jpg:large
CfKe4H8XEAEWXE_.jpg:large

CfKe89qXIAAEr1n.jpg:large
CfKdMdfXEAErtmS.jpg:large

The sign of a good super robot pilot.

Ah yes. This stuff right here? This is good Super Robot stuff.

First off, we have a JAM Project OP, which is always a good thing. Second, we've got our badass protagonist, who has no idea what's going on but isn't about to let some giant wood monster ruin his good day.

I don't even care that the MC is automatically good at piloting Jeeg on his first try. He's in the robot and he's ready to ROCK. Can't wait to see what Jeeg's gonna throw at that thing.

One of my issues with the P3 movies is that in the first 1-2 films they seemed to have been going for a romantic route, but then dropped it all together lol

I still think it is heavily romance route, it just switched to Aigis and Junpei's stories. Since they are better foils to the MC.

Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 3 13 END

You mother fuckers.

YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!

Now watch the english dub of this superior ghost stories anime.

Why do people who pile 50" tvs on top of s carriage think they can walk out the front door? I was watching anime on my phone and still stopped the crackhead.

I think I asked yesterday, but does anyone have an extra Crunchy pass hanging around?

The fuck do you work?

Also, I have a weird feeling that Re:Zero is this season's Heavy Object; people turned off by tropey first episode stuff that is left behind in lieu of being a good show that a few people love and dedicatedly watch.

I like the first episode and the pace at which it's moving. Gonna get to the 2nd arc/best arc nice and quick.

I tried to watch Re:Zero but I'm just burned out from these 'modern day people go to fantasy world' shit. I just want a regular dungeons and dragon anime about an orc, an elf, a human and a dwarf/goblin having adventures together.

Make one of them moe I don't care. The goblin.

Jintor

I tried to watch Re:Zero but I'm just burned out from these 'modern day people go to fantasy world' shit. I just want a regular dungeons and dragon anime about an orc, an elf, a human and a dwarf/goblin having adventures together.

i want it

I'd suggest watching a little further because it's really not even about that; it's about his power and more of a "try and solve what's going on every time I wake up again" type thing. The "stranger in a strange land" shit pretty much becomes negligible after the first episode.

But don't force yourself if you're not feeling it; I'd rather you spend your time enjoying something you like then cluttering up this thread with more dumping on shows and chortling past our raised pinkies.

Thoraxes

Lucky Star was announced the year after those licenses, as part of a bunch of anime they licensed from Kadokawa (including all of Haruhi, the Steins;Gate movie, and that Strike Witches OVA). The licenses you're talking about are from Sunrise, who apparently have a lot of trouble getting materials in on time. I'm personally expecting the Kadokawa licenses to release before the Sunrise ones are out.

I didn't know if you were making that distinction or not, as far as the original holders go.

But yeah, even though Kadokawa stuff still takes forever, i'd expect it sooner than Sunrise stuff for the most part.

Thankfully Gundam is being handled well.

Coming soon to Kickstarter.
noooooooo
Where's my Code Geass dual audio BDs?!

BibleThump
I want those too!

The fuck do you work?

Also, I have a weird feeling that Re:Zero is this season's Heavy Object; people turned off by tropey first episode stuff that is left behind in lieu of being a good show that a few people love and dedicatedly watch.

I like the first episode and the pace at which it's moving. Gonna get to the 2nd arc/best arc nice and quick.

Doubtful, since the writing is already not on the same tier as Kazuma Kamachi writing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So can anyone tell me how far is the GATE manga or light novel from the anime? Cause I could always go for more.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Too early to tell. Still, it's crazy that they're essentially going ALL IN on this. I mean, for crying out loud they had a 4+ hour stream late last night dedicating to the premiere.

THey probably gonna back hard on toonami aswell

Speaking of D&D type of shows/manga, it only adds to my disappointment that Bahamut didn't stick with the fun fantasy bounty hunters aspect and went for the angels and demons crap.

Doesn't every high level D&D campaign end up going there too?

I guess it depends on who your dungeon master is?

Ours, before we disbanded due to two of us moving away, we were doing cool shit like going to investigate a town full of crazy fanatics, we had to barricade a cabin and escape from one of the windows into a cave, where we had to fight a Cthulu like-creature.

My goblin cut off his head and I used it to trick the villagers by sticking it out from a corner and using high bluff.

So fun. I miss playing that shit.

Cornbread78

The fuck do you work?

Office by day, retail by night.

Hopefully, because H.O was good entertainment! Pretty soon, every show is going to be rejected automatically at the first sign of a trope, lol.

I'll finish watching the second half of the Re:Zero when I get home.

Just T

Re:Zero: 1

The first half wasn't anything special but still entertaining, things turned up in the second half though. However, the actions of the MC were sort of puzzling.

I have to commend whoever is translating Mayoiga on Crunchyroll. The English subtitles have just the right amount of goofiness to accentuate the stream of insanity constantly coming out of everyone's mouths. One episode in and there's already so many quotable lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom