• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you read them on light/white backgrounds? They are just invisible to me. Same thing with pure black on dark backgrounds..

The only time that happens is when Im in card game anime but then I already know the cards and attacks and the score is elsewhere on screen so usually there is no need to read them.

I cant remember that being a problem in one punch man either.

Dude, you have to use
Spoiler Tags
not just tell people there are spoilers in the text, lol.

Spoiler Tag that please
Hey, just do it! LOL

I did it because you said please, but now I'll forever imagine you disregarding "One way only" signs because they don't physically stop you :p

Cornbread78

I did it because you said please, but now I'll forever imagine you disregarding "One way only" signs because they don't physically stop you :p

Spoiler culture is serious business bruh.

If it was an OT just for ReZero, you would be all set without spoiler tags, but community thread requires them.

You have done well young padawon.

pbayne

Fruits Basket 8

Kana and Hatori's relationship achieved a lot of genuine emotion in such a short space of time. I wonder why Hatori doesn't feel more bitter towards Akito, considering he partially blinded him and caused the split with Kana. I know Akito is probably looking out for the family(and i think its hinted he's a bit mentally unstable), but still the things he did were bordering on unforgivable.

Kare Kano 16

Guess i skipped one and a half episodes of re-cap.
Didn't expect the parents to get a whole episode. Mr.Miyazawa truely is best dad.
Lol at Yukino and Arima phone scenes. They were very sweet but it was almost "we have to remind people this is the main couple".

jbug617

Banned
New Handa-kun visual
CiG38mwUoAA36li.jpg

Sup AnimeGAF, I'm back... well sort of. Haven't been on here for a while due to college (finals next week whoo) and Overwatch beta. Overwatch is fucking awesome. Anyways I haven't been watching anime that much since Erased ended (well no anime watched since then actually) and last night I decided to catch up on on Kiznaiver since I've seen it's ads spam my Facebook.

Kiznaiver 01-05

I'm actually surprised so far that I've enjoyed this as much as a I did since its from Studio Trigger. Though I've enjoyed some Trigger works (My Little Witch Academia), Kill la Kill really alienated me from them so when I learned this show was done by Trigger as well I had negative expectations going in, glad to see said expectations have been proven wrong. The show is very similar to another anime I've enjoyed Kokoro Connect. Hopefully unlike Kokoro Connect, Kiznaiver wraps up with a satisfying ending and isn't cut short due to VA stupidity.

.....The show is very similar to another anime I've enjoyed Kokoro Connect. Hopefully unlike Kokoro Connect, Kiznaiver wraps up with a satisfying ending and isn't cut short due to VA stupidity.

I've seen a lot of love for Kokoro Connect and it's on my ever growing queue, was there some sort of drama with the voice actors that led to it getting cut short or not getting a sequel?

I've seen a lot of love for Kokoro Connect and it's on my ever growing queue, was there some sort of drama with the voice actors that led to it getting cut short or not getting a sequel?

Unfortunately, the series had alot more material to cover from its source material however a couple of VAs pulled a horrible prank on an unsuspecting person who wanted to get into the anime/VA industry via an audition but instead said audition was faked and the person was humiliated and the story rapidly spread online.

Edit: Link to story summary

Unfortunately, the series had alot more material to cover from its source material however a couple of VAs pulled a horrible prank on an unsuspecting person who wanted to get into the anime/VA industry via an audition but instead said audition was faked and the person was humiliated and the story rapidly spread online.

Edit: Link to story summary

Wow that was a bad idea made worse by a non-apology, if an idea that seemed cool at the time gets pilloried later it's best to re-evaluate even if no-one in the room saw the issue at the time. Still the allusions at the end to a twitter spat between band members and cast seems to suggest it wasn't a very happy production. Ah well I can at least enjoy what was made

blurr

Kiznaiver 01-05

I'm actually surprised so far that I've enjoyed this as much as a I did since its from Studio Trigger. Though I've enjoyed some Trigger works (My Little Witch Academia), Kill la Kill really alienated me from them so when I learned this show was done by Trigger as well I had negative expectations going in, glad to see said expectations have been proven wrong. The show is very similar to another anime I've enjoyed Kokoro Connect. Hopefully unlike Kokoro Connect, Kiznaiver wraps up with a satisfying ending and isn't cut short due to VA stupidity.

oh snap, very compelled to watch Kiznaiver now

phaze

Gundam Wing 05

Man this show is pretty bad. And not even in a fun way, really. Everyone is a moron and its frustrating to watch, compound that with me having no idea why anyone is doing anything and every scene with Relena (queen dumbass in a kingdom of idiots) makes me want to want to stop watching.

You'll be pleased to know that compared to how these characters will behave 25 episodes later, at this point in time they're the personification of logic and intelligence.

You have done well young padawon.

lol

I'm pretty sure DeadRockstar dates back to an age 50% of this thread is unfamiliar with.

I've actually asked about this show in the past, and I've always been curious about it. I will put this on my list, thanks!

Yeah, FMP is another good mecha. The MC is especially funny the way he applies his military training to everything he does in high school, driving the main girl crazy. It's spin-off Fumoffu (Which is Kyoani's first anime as a matter of fact) is especially hilarious in that regard.

Getter Robo Armageddon 12-13
14481330833821esjz.gif

I see you enjoyed
GIANT PLANET SLICING AXE and SHINE SPARK INTO GETTER ROBO MULTIVERSE at the end.
:p

Will get some Penguindrum in tonight.

Line_HTX

Aliens ! Is the answer I guess.

Amagami SS + 13 END

- Stalker didn't get an episode to herself. Absolutelydisgusting.jpg

- Miya is the biggest pervert and bully in this show. It's a wonder she's not locked up yet.

- Maybe it's cause her damn laughter is freaking addicting and adorable.

Overall, an improvement over the first season I'd say, the already established relationships made it possible to avoid some, though not all, writing excesses of its predecessor and the quicker pace also helped.

Arcs ranking: Tsukasa > Kaoru > Nagasaki=Rihoko>Haruka>Sae

waifuGirls ranking Tsukasa > Kaoru = Nagasaki >Rihoko=Haruka>Sae

I'll allow this. After all, Junichi can just have both of his classmates at once for best end, am I right?

:lol

Line_HTX

Kiznaiver 01-05

Seiyu stupidity? What happened?

lol

I'm pretty sure DeadRockstar dates back to an age 50% of this thread is unfamiliar with.

This is what my sporadic posting and haphazard application of forum etiquette have afforded me. Forever branded a young delinquent.

-----------

Diamond is Unbreakable 6

Okuyasu's voice being a tad older than I imagined him sounding keeps making me laugh once per episode.

Cornbread78

If Her Flag Breaks ep.8
OeNRw4v.gif

Well that took an interesting shounen turn right after playing out the harem aspect a little bit. This show is at it's best when it is lighthearted and fun, but again, it's got a flip side that keeps popping up from time to time...

pbayne

Dennou Coil 24

Daichi my man of forever for judo tossing those guys.
Also RIP Densuke.
What that bullying sub-plot is brought up now? Man that was such a blink and youll miss it line in the early episodes. Also I feel like an idiot for not noticing it sooner, this show is about cyber bullying(not the main focus but still.) There have been a lot of those little moments of "oh that thing in the first half was building to this". Definitely feels like a show that you'd gain a better appreciation of in a second watch in regards to those moments.

Only 2 to go and jeez so much to still get wrapped up.

Episode 25

WHATTHE THAT TWIST buhdjdjd *flips table*

phaze

I see you enjoyed
GIANT PLANET SLICING AXE and SHINE SPARK INTO GETTER ROBO MULTIVERSE at the end.
:p
Very much so.

Dennou Coil 24
Also RIP Densuke.

;______;

Getter Robo Armageddon 12-13 END
So yeah, this was pretty great. I'm not really sure to which moment I'd give precedence, the out of nowhere "let's blast a fucking wormhole in space", the sudden energy axe that cleaves planets in two or whatever the hell it was that transpired at the end (seriously) but all of those together combined with the relentless pacing made for a very memorable finale. Eerily reminiscent in its constant escalation to GL, in the "fuck physics, fuck Newton. Oh fuck Oppenheimer too" way but what spanned most of the second arc of Gurren here takes mosly place in last 25 minutes ... And yes I'm aware Lagann came later. It's been generally pretty fun to just to see, from where certain influences on GL stemmed from. Giant Drills, Getter Energy, Gattais even the focus on evolution as one main plot points.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the show overall as the middle of it was hmmmm middling and thoroughly at that and Imagawa's departure did the story no favours but hell the first and last three episodes justify the entire endeavour.

jonjonaug

The spots where GL ripped Getter off are more obvious in the manga and in New Getter (which combines plot elements of the original Getter and Shin Getter manga). I'd recommend checking out New Getter if you want more nutty robot action, then read the manga if you're up for it.

Aki-at

Welcome to the NHK - 05

I couldn't help myself but laugh at Satou as he tried to act so cool for becoming such an otaku to his old classmate. The relationship between the two seems a bit self-destructive too, some warning signs already showing between his flashbacks with her. His interactions with Misaki on the otherhand seems slightly more positive but between him lying (And what an amazing story he came up with on his feet "explaining" what gal games are) and pushing her into a corner with lewd dreams his still got a long way to go.

Lol i know exactly what you mean. This may be reading way to much into it but i think those scenes are supposed to look awful since it follows Satou and Yamazaki's conversation about how difficult it is to make an anime/game, so its a bit of a meta joke by the anime staff maybe, because i don't think the show has those kinds of animation problems for the rest of the show.

Yeah the jump in quality between 4 to 5 is pretty amazing, maybe they just wanted to get back to animating Mizaki lol.

Aki-at

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 4 and 5

I didn't quite get the same impact with
Nina chimera
as the original series but this seems more like an ultra long fast paced recap at this point.

Sterok

Joker Game 6

Like last episode, entertaining enough, but not a particularly good mystery given that we're given too few clues to figure out anything meaningful.

pbayne

Dennou Coil End

I-hmmm, the more i think about it, the more i like it. Throughout the show i really enjoyed it but there was always a feeling of something intangible that stopped absolutely loving it, and couldn't put my finger on what it was. Then the last few episodes happened and for me, yes it had some rushed moments, maybe a bit too much exposition towards the end and i didn't care about
Souske's plan at all
, but id forgive it for giving such a satisfying conclusion.
Seeing Isako and Yasako both finally properly say goodbye to their respective loved ones and their blossoming friendship was a very beautiful way to end the series.
And i enjoyed the open-ended nature of a some of plot points, not every little thing needed to be resolved or explained.

In all the technical areas the show is an A+. My jaw dropped regularly any time a chase scene or battle between the kids happened, the animation is consistently incredible. Well thought setting and technology thats very subtly built up. Really fun cast of characters, that all mostly get moments of development or depth(i would have liked something more for Fumie and Daichi though). Everything builds very naturally in the narrative and plot and the show manages to change tone quite well, especially when it turns more horror orientated at times.

Its a bit of an oddity having this kind of sci-fi premise be so kid-oriented almost. So it maybe doesn't immediately have the thematic depth of a Lain or GiTs but then i don't think it tries to and thats something i liked about it, though here are subtle themes running throughout.

So yeah really great series that i think would only get better on subsequent watches.

Oh and that last scene(gorgeous scene)
with Densuke, he's still gone.
I think it's maybe an extension of what Haraken said that the illegals are born from lost emotions and the line between reality and the other side is lot closer than they think, so that the girls bond with Densuke was so strong that they were able to glimpse a remembrance of him without their glasses. Or at least that's my theory for now.

Ascheroth

Danball Senki #33

WEjlh6A.jpg

My reaction during this episode
More new tiny toy robot upgrades, new finishing functions, and a matchup for the finals that is going to be insane.
It also featured a tiny toy robot with twintails, but as expected it could not win against the opponent tiny toy robot with a cape.

Szadek

Finished Your Lie in April
Absolutely amazing. Loved almost everything about this anime.
The best part of the show are the main characters,Kousei and Kaori, cloesly followed by the visuals and the music.
Even the most side characters really grew on me.
Easily a 10/10 for me.

Nina chimera
as the original series but this seems more like an ultra long fast paced recap at this point.
Yeah, the are rushing the old stuff to get to the new one asap, after that they slow down.

Dennou Coil End
*snip*

Yeh,
Souske's
involvement is Dennou Coil's biggest plot weak point imo, though it's fortunately not hugely important. Still, all that felt needless and the character motivations were rather questionable.

But damn was I happy that the mystery pertaining to Yasako and Isako delivered.

Gundam Wing 06

I can't take this show seriously. You have a scene where Trowa is dressed up like a clown at the circus (for some reason?) and a girl is throwing knives at him and she gets upset cuz he isn't scared when she told him not to move. Nobody acts like a real goddamn person. Nobody even acts like their role. Heero doesn't kill Relena because...he doesn't know why, other then because she's a main character. What reason does he have to not kill her? None. Why is Relena so attached to him? Why does Duo care what he's doing? Who fuckin' knows because he's an unlikable asshole that can't go two minutes without pulling out his gun or threatening to kill someone. Yep, sounds like great company to keep, but everyone in this show is an idiot so it doesn't surprise me. Does this show suck? Yes.

Squishy3

Nina chimera
It's because they're rushing through the stuff that was already covered in the original series to get to the diverging point, which is at OG FMA spoilers:
Hughes' death.

Cornbread78

Finished Your Lie in April
Absolutely amazing. Loved almost everything about this anime.
The best part of the show are the main characters,Kousei and Kaori, cloesly followed by the visuals and the music.
Even the most side characters really grew on me.
Easily a 10/10 for me.

Real talk now; did you cry at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom