• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The brothers of Osomatsu being depicted as hot for merchandise purposes always strikes me as odd considering the show portrays them as undesirable. Like two sets of different characters.

The brothers of Osomatsu being depicted as hot for merchandise purposes always strikes me as odd considering the show portrays them as undesirable. Like two sets of different characters.

That seems pretty common for fujos and I guess anime fans in general

Gintoki - Lazy, picks his nose, made a kid play Russian Roulette once
Matsus - a bunch of neets with desirable character traits like narcissism, idol obsession and being Totty
Jotaro - Rude to women, unemotional, violent, tries really hard to be cool

the answer is actually voice actors

Cornbread78

I sure did and at a few other sad moments as well.

Admitting stuff like that is no problem for me since getting this attached and emotional is the main reason why I'm watching anime in the first place.

Your Lie in April still makes me emotional.

It's a shame there isn't more stuff out there like Your Lie in April and Clannad.

Have you watched Full Moon Wo Sagashite? That is another real tear jerker..

Szadek

It's a shame there isn't more stuff out there like Your Lie in April and Clannad.

Have you watched Full Moon Wo Sagashite? That is another real tear jerker..
Not yet, but it's on my plan to watch list. I don't need another tear jerker right.
I still have a lot of catching up to do with other genres anyway.

The next big anime on my list I want to start is Berserk, As recommended I going skip episode 1.
Although, the anime might have to wait for a while since there are other series I haven't finished yet.

That seems pretty common for fujos and I guess anime fans in general

Gintoki - Lazy, picks his nose, made a kid play Russian Roulette once
Matsus - a bunch of neets with desirable character traits like narcissism, idol obsession and being Totty
Jotaro - Rude to women, unemotional, violent, tries really hard to be cool

the answer is actually voice actors

Who would go for Gintoki when theres
tumblr_o6gemuPlyd1us5zbco7_r1_400.gif

Joe Molotov

Sketchbook ~full color's~ is on CR now it seems. if only mr. jeff was alive to see this

I should watch this, but I kept getting it confused with GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class, That show annoyed me because it had the main girl with the glasses that hung down below her nose and as a glasses wearer, I found this impossible to watch without pushing my own glasses up every 2 seconds.

Narag

I should watch this, but I kept getting it confused with GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class, That show annoyed me because it had the main girl with the glasses that hung down below her nose and as a glasses wearer, I found this impossible to watch without pushing my own glasses up every 2 seconds.

This has so many cats though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You'd think they'd wear those skintight variable suits all the time just for protection.

Jarmel

Banned
Joker Game-6

This just isn't written well. There are so many leaps of logic that the show assumes you'll roll with.

There's never any real tension. We're six episodes in and I've never felt that any of the principle cast was in danger at any time.

Edit: I think the best description for this is fanfiction.

Russ T

Banned
I only have factpinions.

Your Lie in April is near perfect! Clannad is ugly as sin. I'd probably be able to like it at least a little if it wasn't so visually repulsive!

diaspora

Just watch both seasons of Yahari and it was surprisingly good. Hachiman's relationship with his sister was sweet without being creepy or incestuous.

Cornbread78

Your Lie in April didn't really do anything for me, Anohana and Clannad were better

I'm surprised I haven't watched Anohana yet. It's next on my list along with Guilty Crown.

Just watch both seasons of Yahari and it was surprisingly good. Hachiman's relationship with his sister was sweet without being creepy or incestuous.

Yes, very much so!

Now, you can't leave without declaring a "team"

#team Yuki
#team Yui
#team Iroha
#team Sensei
#team Tatsuka

zulux21

Your Lie in April isn't really better than Clannad. Well, I guess the character designs are better.

it goes
Clannad < You lie in april <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< clannad after story

clannad after story actually hit me with feels.
you lie in april did nothing for me. Really the end was far more of a FINALLY! moment instead of a sad moment >.>

meanwhile the first half of Clannad is just bad, so it loses to you lie in april which was decent all the way through but nothing special.

you lie in april would have been much better at about 12 episodes with a lot of the main characters drama cut as it really didn't do anything for me and it drug out the main female stuff.

Didn't really expect you to like Kiznaiver that much.

And naw Maiyoga is better

Mayoiga is ugly and frequently has clunky/flat direction, plus it hates all its characters. That makes it increasingly unpleasant to watch. Episode 6 didn't even have any cat puns, and if I can't even count on a reliable supply of those I'm not going to be able to get any enjoyment out of the show. Kiznaiver, on the other hand, is attractive, features some really good direction, and actually likes its characters. So it's pleasant to watch.

Luluco is typical Imaishi garbage with flavorless "humor".

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kiznaiver 5
Dang, now that is what i call being agressive. The escalation to that scene was great. Both of them just talk normally, and then snap!
Bullies getting their desert was good too.

Not a single decent teachers in this series.

Sakamoto desu ga 4
Sakamoto play Bach using wack a croc arcade machine. BASED!
Hmm, didn't see Sera in his underwear, which is one of my favorite gag in the manga. Not sure if i miss it or it was omitted from the anime

Joker Game is a big let down so far. The show doesn't feel half as clever as it seems to want to be. It's like they start with the eureka moment(s) first and sloppily fill in the gaps. It can be grating at times but I'm sticking with it in the hopes that it improves.

Of what I'm watching this season, my enjoyment from highest to lowest thus far:

Hero Academia
Re:Zero
Sakamoto
Assassination Classroom
Kabaneri
Kiznaiver
Concrete Revolutio
Joker Game

manfestival

halp gaf I need your advice on some anime

Just finished watching cyborg 009 vs devilman on netflix and it was freaking awesome.
The art style and action was great. I know nothing of either series but it was still highly enjoyable.

Where should I go to get more of that kind of each?

halp gaf I need your advice on some anime

Just finished watching cyborg 009 vs devilman on netflix and it was freaking awesome.
The art style and action was great. I know nothing of either series but it was still highly enjoyable.

Where should I go to get more of that kind of each?

For Cyborg 009, you can try the 2001 TV series, which is actually directed by the director of Cyborg 009 vs. Devilman. Only the first half is available in English, unfortunately. For Devilman, I believe the Devilman: The Birth OVA is well regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom