• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Cerberus ep.7
Hiiro is a useless clown still, but at least we are finally getting down to his secret, or their theory of what is going on.

Any Gundam psychopaths willing to look over my list and let me know if I'm missing anything crucial here? In short, I want to watch MSG from start to finish. I don't want to watch compilation movies, unless the movie is the superior version (Endless Waltz, I've heard). I want to to skip the worst entries (SD Gundam Force?), as well as the most unrelated entries (Gundam Build Fighters), at least for now. Which brings me to that list, which is chronological, and has the watch order marked in the tags. The watch order is chiefly chronological as well, but with a few deviations.

Did I get everything? Did I pick the right versions? Anything in there better off removed?

This list includes some of the real dregs of the franchise like 0083, Wing and 00, but doesn't include G-Reco, which is the best Gundam title of the 21st century. That seems like an obvious oversight.

Your order seems mostly fine if you're committed to watching it all. But if you're already willing to cut some titles, I think some more fat could be trimmed.

Hamst3r

This list includes some of the real dregs of the franchise like 0083, Wing and 00, but doesn't include G-Reco, which is the best Gundam title of the 21st century. That seems like an obvious oversight.

Your order seems mostly fine if you're committed to watching it all. But if you're already willing to cut some titles, I think some more fat could be trimmed.

Hmm. G-Reco has one of the lowest scores and 00 has one of the highest scores out of all the Gundam entries on MAL though. So I gotta confirm, is G-Reco actually good or more so-bad-it's-good? Wing is one I'd watch purely for its notoriety as being the Gundam all my friends were watching during high school while I was ignoring anime. As for 0083, I could certainly cut that if it's never going to be referenced later on in the series.

Hmm. G-Reco has one of the lowest scores and 00 has one of the highest scores out of all the Gundam entries on MAL though. So I gotta confirm, is G-Reco actually good or more so-bad-it's-good? Wing is one I'd watch purely for its notoriety as being the Gundam all my friends were watching during high school while I was ignoring anime. As for 0083, I could certainly cut that if it's never going to be referenced later on in the series.

G-Reco is directed by the original creator of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino. Tomino has an... idiosyncratic style of direction and writing very apparent in G-Reco that is not to everyone's tastes.

G-Reco is not good unless you're in it to laugh and be bewildered by Tomino. You don't sound like you have the Gundam Stockholm syndrome needed to enjoy it.

Cornbread78

Hundred ep.7
Meh, this episode was too normal after Hayato felt into drill hairs cleavage at the beach. At least he got a
proposal to marry her from her brother
lol. Oh well, looks like it's going to get all serious next week.

Assassination Classroom 3-4

Alright, these two episodes clicked with me in a greater way than the first two. I really like the attitude of the murderous kid, and I like giving them an actual assassin teacher.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 3-5

These continued to interest me, and the foundation of the story feels very epic and solid.
The arrow execution of the loyal cavalry captain was straight out of The Malazan Book of the Fallen(Deadhouse Gates), one of my favorite series and my greatest wish for an anime adaptation.

00 having a high MAL score is one of those things that proves how bad most MAL scores are, and that most users on there don't really have great taste.

As far as G-Reco specifically goes, it depends a lot on your sense of humor and how seriously you want to take Gundam, as well as how much you value tonal consistency. But it's a pretty bizarre show that it's really impossible to judge second hand.

I personally really enjoyed it, despite its massive flaws (such as the quirky direction, nonsensical ending in which the final episode felt like it had about 25 episodes worth of plot condensed into about 15 minutes, and the massive numbers of new factions being introduced every episode), but it's a pretty offbeat show that I think is completely fair for someone to watch and say "this sucks".

But I'll always recommend someone to at least check out something crazy but unique like G-Reco over an aggressively mediocre show like Gundam 00. There's at least more of a chance of someone getting genuine enjoyment from the former, while the latter will probably just wind up feeling like a waste of time no matter what.

Hundre Ep. 7

xjr89rD.jpg
0PML9Gu.jpg

SH8vrLK.jpg
bQGI4MB.jpg

zjnqaJL.jpg
HNTtxmD.jpg
wASX0k0.png

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It was definitely contrived, however that was kind of the point. Towards the beginning of the episode we saw Sonozaki being pressured by the mayor to get results, which is what motivated her to pull strings and arrange for the movie proposal and documentary filming to cause Maki severe emotional pain. That's why Katsuhira told Sonozaki that he was disappointed in her, because of how she's deliberately manipulating the Kiznaivers' weak points for the sake of the experiment.

and people like this show? ok

Mailbox

Hundred ep.7
Meh, this episode was too normal after Hayato felt into drill hairs cleavage at the beach. At least he got a
proposal to marry her from her brother
lol. Oh well, looks like it's going to get all serious next week.

Ugh, totally forgot today was a Hundred day...
Thanks for reminding me

and people like this show? ok
Is that a problem?
Nothing hosannainexcelsis wrote in that post suggests anything made poorly or anything bad, so what exactly is the problem?

jbug617

Banned
RS has some cheap blurays and dvd on sale
http://www.rightstufanime.com/sales-and-promos/5-Dollar-Deals

$10:
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Bluray
Glasslip Bluray
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Season 1 Bluray
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia Bluray
Nyan Koi Bluray
Uta no Prince-sama 1000% Season 1 Bluray
The Severing Crime Edge Bluray

$7.50:
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Complete Collection DVD
K-ON!: The Movie Bluray

$5:
Girls und Panzer Complete TV Series DVD
Fate/stay night Complete Collection DVD

More in the link

Joe Molotov

$10:
Glasslip Bluray
Nyan Koi Bluray

$7.50:

$5:

More in the link

Leviathan is a good show that no one watched.

K-ON!! 12

I was a bit worried when a summer training camp was mentioned, but fortunately instead of the two beach episodes that were in the first season we got a vastly superior rock festival episode instead.

Cornbread78

White Album ep.16-18
Oh my. So much drama and everyone is so miserable it's kind of sad really. I think boyfriend has finally given up and admitted
that he is not her boyfriend anymore since he is banging her manager still because she is not around
and hey now he is kissing the
other idol
lol. Poor dude is lonely man, lol. Shit, this anime even makes me feel all anxious and shitty, wtf.

It does have some legitimate issues in terms of pacing, but it really is one of those love it or hate it kind of shows. It's storytelling is a bit unconventional compared to a lot of the more recent Gundam shows, mainly due to Tomino, but I thought it was overall a pretty entertaining show in an interesting setting and fun characters.

manfestival

Does anyone know why sometimes there are scenes where the screen is dim in anime? Many times it seems like heavily animated moments but I dont understand the benefit of the darker screen

Cornbread78

Nagasarete Airantou ep.4
These ninja chicks are hilarious as they try to scare my girl, but get puked instead. At least the MC threw a nice uppercut like a man, lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Fuck, and he was gonna fix the situation judging by ending. Fuck tennis.

The official announcement

http://re-zero-anime.jp/news/#news-61

The period from May 22 to June 5, "the French Open Tennis 2016 relay" will be broadcast by TV Tokyo six stations net. Along with this, TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, is scheduled to be broadcast in this period in the TV Aichi: Episode 8 "Re different world life start from zero", Episode 9, the first 10 episodes, the day of the relay in some circumstances it might have to broadcast time each change, or a broadcast pause. Please note.

So either a broadcast time change or a complete delay of the show until a further date.

$10:
Glasslip Bluray
Nyan Koi Bluray

$7.50:

$5:

More in the link

Glasslip
Utapri
Hakkenden

are all must buys.

Huh, the Ace Attorney anime may be bad to average, but I do like its ending. It almost made me forget that Maya is the worst.

Maybe she'll be better in the new game.

Not that enjoying new game will be easy with it being digital only. Fucking Capcom.

Jintor

K-ON!! 12

I was a bit worried when a summer training camp was mentioned, but fortunately instead of the two beach episodes that were in the first season we got a vastly superior rock festival episode instead.

oh hey i rewatched this last night! I was actually pretty surprised at how effectively they conveyed the vastness of a summerfes without having to do toooooooo much animation. A lot of cheating shots though, lmao.

I'm also mad because I missed out on a rock festival in Osaka on Saturday when I was already IN Osaka :T :T :T

oh hey i rewatched this last night! I was actually pretty surprised at how effectively they conveyed the vastness of a summerfes without having to do toooooooo much animation. A lot of cheating shots though, lmao.

Yeah, KyoAni didn't invest as much effort into the crowds here as they did in the Hyouka school festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom