• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I forgot to post this yesterday.

But guys, Hundred is still ART.

It literally gets better every single week.

The argument over who gets to rub oil all over Claire was priceless... Excellent writing for sure.

6P9AD3W.gif

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 8-10

I found each of these eps excellent in its own way. I loved the guerrilla type warfare of a few against many in the 8th ep, the behind enemy lines of the 9th, and the castle intrigue of the 10th. Really I enjoy the fact that all the main players are highly capable and intelligent, and the focus of strategy from Narsus. This is really clicking for me now.

Total side point, I find in pretty much every anime I watch, they randomly have incredibly key scenes after the end credits and before the preview. They could go 8 episodes without and then suddenly there's a scene at the end in the 9th. It's incredibly irritating. Thankfully I've just gotten in the habit of checking. Anyone know why they do this, and does anyone else hate it?

THis season sucks ass outside My Hero Academia
Theres atleast JoJo P4 aswell but yeah.
couldnt get into Kiznaiver only watched half of Re:Zero which was actually pretty fun

Talking about My Hero Academia...

It's not a huge sample or anything but I think it's pretty spot on. I wouldn't put Mayoiga 2nd though.

Who cares about Japan when France has the superior taste ;)
iJAZEJql.jpg

My Hero Academia reaches 1million views on ADN, which is apparently a French anime streaming site.

Its the best the service has had even beating out One Punch Man (within the same time period, google translate is wonky for that)

http://adala-news.fr/2016/05/lanime-my-hero-academia-depasse-les-1-million-de-vues-en-france/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BokuNoHero..._hero_academia_reachs_1_million_views_on_adn/

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Clov

Armored Trooper Votoms 36

Wait... Chirico shot an AT in its eye with his pistol, and it just falls over and explodes? That's just silly.

pbayne

Clannad 1

Time to fulfill this blood oath...
From the little bits i remember of what i saw before, i can see all the set-up for the characters in the episode a lot easier. Its actually a lot funnier than i remembered it being. Lol why is his friend so punchable. And Nagis'a dad is awesome. I don't remember unborn, future girl?...wtf idk.

Dunno im warming to it, maybe ill like it this time around.
Or starfish girl arc will have me tearing my hair out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't wait to watch Saekano S2 with firehawk in the summer.

convo

Glad MHA is doing well outside japan, the anime won't be adapting much of the later chapters since there really weren't that many chapters when they started production, so i won't be super into it for now.
I do very much hope for more seasons but i guess something satisfying to me would take two more years worth of chapters to get me enthusiastic.

Cornbread78

Claymore ep.5
Clare, damn your life sucked. Interesting backstory episode that explains a lot on why she took in the boy and her stoic disposition.

they literally reanimated every single scene and re-recorded every single line of dialogue, lmao

you can accuse kyoani of what you like for e8, but to accuse them of being lazy is downright incorrect

/edit oh and they don't. this is another consequence of you fucking up the episode order somehow. I don't even know how you managed this because no episode order ends it in the middle of e8

From what I've heard the purpose of repeating all 3 episodes was to
help the viewer reflect on Yuki's exhaustion of the entire arc, of which she has been solely conscious.

I forgot to post this yesterday.

But guys, Hundred is still ART.

It literally gets better every single week.

Wake me up when the MC actually pairs up with the lead female(s), anime or otherwise.
High School DxD and Mushoku Tensei raised my standards for indulgent Light Novels.
EDIT: Sorry for double post.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't wait to watch Saekano S2 with firehawk in the summer.
Would rather watch more SAO~

I'm sorry you've become such a broken anime viewer.
There's skill in making a dumb harem though. It's not just a matter of just having a harem and a hapless hero!

Wake me up when the MC actually pairs up with the lead female(s), anime or otherwise.
High School DxD and Mushoku Tensei raised my standards for indulgent Light Novels.
EDIT: Sorry for double post.
Naw man, it's all about the journey.

The argument over who gets to rub oil all over Claire was priceless... Excellent writing for sure.

6P9AD3W.gif
Of course, the best part is that Emile also has her own psycho lesbian fangirl. Art.

Erigu

As far as I know, novels 1-4 got fully covered by the anime
Sure, I was talking about the previously serialized material that should be included in the new book. One of those stories has already been adapted, but the rest is "new".

like you said not enough material is out for another full season. Unless they went the OVA/film route, which has happened with their previous works.
Or added original stories (10.5, was it?), but yeah, that seems unlikely...

pbayne

Oban Star Racer 1-2

Is this an anime? It was made in France. But is labeled as anime? And has a MAL page...I dunno ill send it to the lab and wait for expert analysis...

Big nostalgia hit for me, i love Molly's character and just the whole show too much to be impartial to it. And actually it holds up way better than i thought it would.

If anyone wants a synopsis its a show based around the one cool thing from Phantom Menace, pod-racing essentially. Only with way cooler ships, races, locations, and has really nice animation and has a genuine sense of speed.

Cornbread78

Nijiiro Days ep.1-2
Holding up my end of the deal here.
Sone decent comedy mixed in with the bros banter back and forth. That karaoke episode was pretty damn funny and a good representation of how a group of friends often handles those moments; with utter humiliation in a harmless way, lol.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oban Star Racer 1-2

Is this an anime? It was made in France. But is labeled as anime? And has a MAL page...I dunno ill send it to the lab and wait for expert analysis...

Big nostalgia hit for me, i love Molly's character and just the whole show too much to be impartial to it. And actually it holds up way better than i thought it would.

If anyone wants a synopsis its a show based around the one cool thing from Phantom Menace, pod-racing essentially. Only with way cooler ships, races, locations, and has really nice animation and has a genuine sense of speed.

Japan-France Co-Production.

zulux21

Is the dub for the Rurouni Kenshin series decent or should I go with sub?

both the sub and the dub are quite low quality. The dub is a bit better to me because I don't like how kenshin is voiced in japanese at all, but both have a ton of low quality voice acting in them.

Kenshin is near the top of series I hope they bring back with a full manga adaption mostly because it would be nice to own a version of kenshin that doesn't have bad voice work. that and the arcs after they went to filler in the original series are pretty good.

Oban Star Racer 1-2

Oban Star-Racers was directed and written by French folk, including Thomas Romain who presently works at Satelight, but the animation was done by Hal Film Maker, a Japanese studio.

Oban Star Racers has the distinction of being the only racing anime I've ever liked mainly due to the extremely heavy handed with the mystical stuff, the racers and the character development.

Jarmel

Banned
Well this is confusing, is there a Season 4 of FMP coming or not?

Edit: Well this is the ANN story about the announcement but if we haven't heard anything since can we discount this?

Yea it's coming, whether I like it or not. Gatoh is probably working on it right now considering the upcoming Amagi novel keeps getting delayed into oblivion.

Nobody knows who's doing it. It very likely won't be KyoAni, that's pretty much it. Don't expect anything until Fall 2017 at the earliest, probably 2018.

Can't really fault anyone for that.
I think it's pretty good for what it is - a 50 episode adaption of a 30 chapter manga. ..But then you'd also have to ask yourself why you would even make a 50 episode adaption of a 30 chapter manga.
The original content usually fits in very well and sometimes even enhances the material, but it also means the main plot is slowing to a crawl.

You think the MHA anime is slow? Well, let me tell you something. As of 6 episodes, Twin Star Exorcists has not even entirely covered the first 3 chapters of the manga. That's right. And with how things are looking, I wouldn't be surprised if they used chapters 4 and 5 as a season climax. Yeah, you haven't read that wrong.

I'd recommend checking out the manga if you're even remotely interested, it's a pretty good battle shounen with some comedy and romance (but not necessarily romantic comedy). It also doesn't have the mascot.

but the manga isn't over, why are you saying 30 chapter manga like if it was done

JulianImp

I've hopped onto the Monogatari nendo train. Help.

Also, having read through most of Kizumonogatari (raw) makes me think the movies are going to have several scenes that'll be quite shocking, and a couple that might rival toothbrush Karen. Let's just say I used to not care all that much about Hanekawa, but after Kizu... wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom