• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

I didn't have ice cream, but I did have Loaded Chips and Queso with some Iced Tea.

I actually liked Monica Rial's voice for Miach. It's a vastly different role than her usual loud snarkiness like Renge Houshakuji or Stocking. I'm glad she didn't change her tone because this voice range on this super messed up character was quite chilling.

I almost lost it with her dialogue in the pool though, whew...

blurr

been super busy with work but once things clear up a bit, I want to watchbet with someone for Haruhi TV series and Disappearance :)

Clov

Friend, have you watched Belladonna of Sadness or Midori? Pro-tip, if you haven't watched Midori, don't watch Midori. :)

I have watched Belladonna, actually! Definitely depressing, though I love how surreal it gets. Really hoping that I'm able to see the 4K restoration, since it's playing at a theater near me next week. If not, the Blu-Ray is out on July 12th!

It's that you can always justify bad writing by
raping
your female characters.

While I enjoyed Harmony quite a bit and found it well written overall, this point did stand out as unnecessary to me. While it at least isn't shown on screen and is only mentioned in dialogue, it did feel cheap in a way.

No details yet, but it looks like there's a new Digimon multimedia project titled Digimon Universe that will include a TV anime.

Really excited about this. It's been too long since there was a new Digimon anime. Here's hoping there will be some good staff working on it and that it will manage to reach the level of some of the greats in the franchise.

zulux21

been super busy with work but once things clear up a bit, I want to watchbet with someone for Haruhi TV series and Disappearance :)

for them to watch it?
also are you gonna require that they watch all of endless 8 or can they just watch episodes 1, (maybe 2) 7 and 8 :p?

Really excited about this. It's been too long since there was a new Digimon anime. Here's hoping there will be some good staff working on it and that it will manage to reach the level of some of the greats in the franchise.

it's only been like two years since they last announced a new digimon tv anime.

granted it then became an OVA series...
but still :p

Line_HTX

While I enjoyed Harmony quite a bit and found it well written overall, this point did stand out as unnecessary to me. While it at least isn't shown on screen and is only mentioned in dialogue, it did feel cheap in a way.

That was probably one of the few parts where I thought it didn't belong because you already knew beforehand that she was a refugee, so it can be inferred that terrible things happened when she was captured.

I almost thought there was going to be some serious yuri going on with the stuff she said while in the school pool though, lol

duckroll

Here's a counterpoint. Was what she described intended to be shock value for the audience/Tuan (unlikely given that we already suspected as much) or was it simply a form of catharsis for her, coming to terms with the nature of her consciousness, before accepting a return to a state without an individual self?

Line_HTX

Here's a counterpoint. Was what she described intended to be shock value for the audience/Tuan (unlikely given that we already suspected as much) or was it simply a form of catharsis for her, coming to terms with the nature of her consciousness, before accepting a return to a state without an individual self?

I think in her own way, since Miach knew she was messed up that it was catharsis because it's who she was this whole time she was aware of herself.

Actually, now that I think about it, why did she want to return to that state of mind again?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
qSwtied.jpg

is this real?

lol, of course not!
this is what she draw.
5clGndc.jpg

Jintor

K-on!! s24 -Finale- (but not end)

I fucking lost it. That last song is heartbreaking.

It really was a genius decision to reorient a pretty standard 4-koma into this incredible combination of nostalgia, adolescence, friendship and moving on in life.

It really was a genius decision to reorient a pretty standard 4-koma into this incredible combination of nostalgia, adolescence, friendship and moving on in life.

"Daisuki tte iunara
Dai daisuki tte kaesu yo"

[tears everywhere]

Jintor

Pretty sad I won't be here for the kids in my art club graduating (from middle school, they only became third years in April). The graduation in my first year was heartbreaking, this year's less so - didn't really know that cohort as well.

John Blade

Watching Golgi 13 and liking it so far. Why didn't I have watch this show as this might make me a manly man. How that guy have the same emotion even when he have sex with a ladies? I want to be like him....

Theonik

If it's the most recent anime series then it's pretty good. My first try at Golgo and it was pretty funny how ridiculous those clients demands are.
This dude is still drawing to this day all the way from the goddamn 60s
You'd think he'd run out of ideas by now.
The TV series is OK. It's the Dezaki movies that are really the must watches though.

Deadly

The movie makes the last episode even better.

Cornbread78

Seikon no Qwaser ep. 4
LOItqUA.jpg

It's been a couple weeks since I last watched an episode of this and my verdict stays the same; this show is terrible... The newest character to the cast is an evil/good goth loli that likes to call her own girl a b!tch and made her into her own personal dog.... like, WTF? I'll watch 1 episode every few weeks, but this is trash to the max...

Seikon no Qwaser ep. 4
http://i.imgur.com/LOItqUA.jpg?1[img]
It's been a couple weeks since I last watched an episode of this and my verdict stays the same; this show is terrible... The newest character to the cast is an evil/good goth loli that likes to call her own girl a b!tch and made her into her own personal dog.... like, WTF? I'll watch 1 episode every few weeks, but this is trash to the max...[/QUOTE]
Qwaser is well done smutty trash thank you very much. Hoods Entertainment did good work for the ecchi genre on this.
[quote="Taruranto, post: 204086140"]
I actually like 3.33, because it was its own thing rather old Eva rehashed with a glasses character to sell more merchandises.

Then again, I was never much into Eva, or Rebuild in the first place. I watched them, but didn't think too much about it.

After all, those of us with superior tastes prefer Utena.[/QUOTE]
This is pretty much how I felt. Eva is a nice mecha series with some movies I enjoy and that's about it. 3.33 was entertaining for me and that's all I could ask for.

Never seen Utena. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jintor

i'm still stalled at the end of utena s2.

it's incredibly cool but it just doesn't have that one-more spark most other series I can be bothered to watch has...

Theonik

i'm still stalled at the end of utena s2.

it's incredibly cool but it just doesn't have that one-more spark most other series I can be bothered to watch has...
The ending of the black rose Utena arc is pretty stronk. You should watch a bit more S3 build right up if you get started.

Aki-at

so what should would be as funny as prison school? I really enjoyed that show much more than I expected that I would

I found the first season of Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san pretty hilarious. It's pretty short though (10 mins episodes of 12) and didn't find the following season anywhere near as funny.

Funfact, both Prison School and Azazel-san share the same director.

Voice actress Yuko Mizutani, best known for voicing Sora in Digimon Adventure, has passed away at 51 due to breast cancer.

RIP :(

This is such devastating news to me personally.

Jintor

K-on: The Movie -Rewatch-

I must've been asleep or something when I watched this the first time because I barely remembered any of it. I think I misled myself into thinking the movie was actually about the London Trip when in reality the movie is, very very obviously, a continuation (or a background coda) to the themes explored in the S2 finale.

I'll go through it in more detail on a later rewatch probably, but for now I'll just say I thoroughly enjoyed it - probably moreso than the first time I watched it - and that it's really refreshing that they hired so many properly-accented speakers for the England segments even if all delivery was kinda all over the shop. (Funnily enough the only english people who have actually relevant dialogue also have mediocre delivery. One in particular sounds like an english textbook CD)

pbayne

I remember watching the K-on movie dubbed and it runs into the same problem as some other dubs when they go to London of "We're both speaking English, but for some reason can't understand each other"-its pretty awkward.

Jintor

I remember watching the K-on movie dubbed and it runs into the same problem as some other dubs when they go to London of "We're both speaking English, but for some reason can't understand each other"-its pretty awkward.

should've made everyone in england speak french

/edit weren't they dubbed into american? there's your answer then, can't understand those crazy english accents

Clov

That's actually a really interesting way of looking at it; I hadn't thought of that before at all. It makes sense for her to come to terms with her life and trauma, since the nature of her plan would
cause anyone with WatchMe (I think the film said 80% of the world's population) to lose their selfhood, which would include Miach herself.

I think in her own way, since Miach knew she was messed up that it was catharsis because it's who she was this whole time she was aware of herself.

Actually, now that I think about it, why did she want to return to that state of mind again?

I'm pretty sure it was because she hated the society she was placed in, and it seemed fake compared to the life she was living beforehand. She wanted to provoke the activation of Harmony to make everyone with WatchMe like she originally was as a way of destroying that society. The way I saw it, Miach herself would just be collateral damage in her own plan, as Harmony effects anyone implanted with the WatchMe system.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 461 – Hagoromo and Hamura

This was actually interesting seeing the post Divine Tree world and young Hagoromo Hamura. The Sage jutsu part is interesting too since it implies it trumps the eye jutsus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom