• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

RIP Cosmic.

lol wat:

https://imgur.com/gallery/mGmXI

AmZMSzf.jpg
oINZaby.jpg

lol @ Warmachine Yayoi.

Concrete Revolution Episode 20

Why the Americans have to be involved in a plot like this :( Also I almost thought they were trying to do a concrete revolution version of Wolverine :( :( :(

-

Next week will be great, super robot.

jgminto

Another one down, eventually everyone before Cornbread will be gone and this thread will only be about harems and hokey melodrama anime. Those sure are some skeezy posts to get banned for though, jeez.

Qurupeke

Kabaneri 6
-Bad CGI. It was used for a lot of things and at times it looked atrocious.
-They foreshadowed the Colony titan as a big menace, but it went down pretty easily without doing much damage. I liked the reveal at the end though.
-The show continues to look less and less good, even when I don't include the CGI. It had some cool shots here and there, but it's still underwhelming. I hope they kept the rest of the budget for the finale at least.
-Samurai guy is the best. Damn, it was obvious, but I really hoped they'd give him that sword.
-Mumei is pathetic but it seems we're done with her drama phase.
-Ikoma is kind of cool. He's basically the anti-Eren.

Clov

The eye of the AT is a point where the armour is weak and the pilot resides right behind it, I suppose a bullet that penetrates the AT could also ricochet inside the AT cockpit and do additional damage. But really the reason they explode is just because 'it looks cooler' and probably 'we don't have to draw the destroyed ATs' (less continuity to worry about)

I see; that makes sense in both an in-universe sense and an animation production one. Still, that's a pretty silly weak point to have; they ought to reinforce the lens enough so at least a pistol can't break it! Or maybe they have, and Chirico is just rollings 20s like MetroidPrimeRib said. :p

Kabaneri 6

-The show continues to look less and less good, even when I don't include the CGI. It had some cool shots here and there, but it's still underwhelming. I hope they kept the rest of the budget for the finale at least.

Once you start throwing more and more animators at each episode because there's less and less time to get one done before airing, it's hard to pull back from that.

Luluco 08

What the FUCK. How is this show real? I'm scared. With how this keeps escalating Trigger might actually be doing something amazing. Man if you thought the Kill la Kill episode was on the nose lmao. You win Imaishi.

Aki-at

Seemed like a cool guy.

Pretty much why I avoid any controversial subject on GAF, I'm mainly here for the game news, anime and indie gafs game development thread.

Kuromukuro 07

Now that's some good drama episode.
Btw i think that sensei is pretty "un-PA Works" character, but i guess that's "necessary evil" for otaku pandering lol.

Wanderer5

Space Patrol Luluco #8

I just, oh my god, I am dying here.

Holy shit.
Freaking love LWA.

It been paying off well to have faith with Trigger for this season.:p

Clov

Space Patrol Luluco 08

So, I guess the
Studio Trigger Cinematic Universe
is a thing now. Where will they go next?
Ninja Slayer's planet? Inferno Cop? I don't feel like there's much point to Inferno Cop, since Over Justice basically IS him, but it would be pretty fun anyway.

Jintor

luluco 07

not enough justice gun morphing, 0/10. still best ed

to be serious though, it wasn't quite as funny as the previous episode. but this time they didn't bother 'pretending' they weren't referencing anything!

Kabaneri 6

That doesn't seem like an apt title. His actions when he noticed the approaching Kabane felt rather reminiscent of Eren to me. "Oh shit, dozens of Kabane approaching, better slit my wrist and scream out, too, so that I can make absolutely sure every Kabane this side of the sea will come for us!"

As so often, it conveniently works out for him anyways as he has the perfect opportunity to collapse the ceiling and just so happens that only so few Kabane make it through so he can just barely handle them.

That happens rather often within this show. After he turned to a Kabaneri and decided to free the train and save all the passengers, suddenly, rather few Kabane remain of the previous masses just pouring towards the train at insane speed.

So many 'oh shit, how can they handle this' moments turn out to be nothing. This anime simply fails to instill a real sense of threat with it's Kabane. Doesn't help when the we get some off-looking CGI kabane colony wobble after the train.

Wanderer5

Space Patrol Luluco 08

So, I guess the
Ninja Slayer's planet? Inferno Cop? I don't feel like there's much point to Inferno Cop, since Over Justice basically IS him, but it would be pretty fun anyway.

It been hinted that there could be a crossover with Inferno Cop.

Space Patrol Luluco S03E02

What on earth is being said over the OP!?!

I was hoping for some more of the
LWA cast
but this was fun, now come on and get to
Inou Battle
planet!

TimmiT

Space Patrol Luluco 08

So, I guess the

Either Inferno Cop or Kiznaiver seeing how those are the only two Trigger anime left that weren't based on another work.

Or Sex & Violence with Machspeed I guess.

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolutio 20

Neat theme on the story and I liked how Jiro continues to be partially wrong for more and more things. It seems that the Ultima is being foreshadowed a lot as the final "villain".

Eumi

I can't believe I'm enjoying watching Trigger masturbate for 7 minutes a week. And people thought Kill La Kill was depraved...

Ascheroth

Rip cosmic

Kabaneri 6

-Bad CGI. It was used for a lot of things and at times it looked atrocious.
-They foreshadowed the Colony titan as a big menace, but it went down pretty easily without doing much damage. I liked the reveal at the end though.
-Samurai guy is the best. Damn, it was obvious, but I really hoped they'd give him that sword.
-Mumei is pathetic but it seems we're done with her drama phase.

Did anyone really expect the quality to stay at the level of the first episode(s)?
Tbh I didn't find the CGI to be all that distracting.

Lulucop Season 3 Episode 2

So this is the reference season?
Man, I can't wait to see what they have in store for season 4.

Kuromukuro #7

Yet again a great episode. The revelation at the end of last episode leads to the expected drama and doubts and its handled very well.
Also,
I wonder if 'missing' means captured by the oni. I wouldn't mind Agaki to be alive, but hopefully Kaya is just dead. What an absolute dumbfuck.
My favorite scene was when Kennosuke was down and didn't know how to confront Yukina, Koharu just whipped out a tablet and showed him how to use Google. Lol.

Kagewani II 08

This is my disappointment of the season. They are trying to do some connected story but none of these episodes feel connected, if anything they are disjointed. Just do Monster of the Week!!!!

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 20

Entirely unexpected subject matter even though I'd seen this a couple times in other anime set during this time recently. Urobuchi did good.

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 20

In terms of actual content, this ties with Nakashima's episode as the most mundane and kinda boring narrative. It's predictable and plain. Not poorly executed, just hoping for a bit more. Design wise it was pretty rad. The final form at the end was hilarious and fit the theme they were going for perfectly. I really liked the little bits of info they dropped in the episode about the larger scheme of things in the world, but aside from that this was a bit of a bore.

Next week looks super fucking rad though. Super robots + Ken-O. Mmmmm.

Luluco 8

Liked this more than the previous, perhaps due to most (all?) of the jokes not being contingent on knowledge of LWA; the setting is simply borrowed. Also, any excuse to see those gorgeous backgrounds.

I've been catching up with Diamond is Unbreakable and it's been great so far.

Anyway I know this question has been asked a lot but what are the good anime that should be seen this season?

I've been catching up with Diamond is Unbreakable and it's been great so far.

Anyway I know this question has been asked a lot but what are the good anime that should be seen this season?

Besides what you're already watching, the shows to check out this season are:

Concrete Revolutio
Kiznaiver
Kuromukuro
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom