• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

I think I'm gonna hang up SAO after episode 15 like most people seem to have suggested.

1-14 is a pretty interesting (if not the most imaginative) premise and manages to decently explore some interesting implications from it. I'm starting to think about where they could have gone in the aftermath though. I went through the show imagining the aftermath showing a bunch of survivors going through war veteran-like PTSD symptoms. Maybe show some wanting to return to the game because their lives had more purpose and they mattered more in SAO than in the real world.

Ahahahahahahaha. Hahaha. Ha.

I'm sorry.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I think I'm gonna hang up SAO after episode 15 like most people seem to have suggested.

1-14 is a pretty interesting (if not the most imaginative) premise and manages to decently explore some interesting implications from it. I'm starting to think about where they could have gone in the aftermath though. I went through the show imagining the aftermath showing a bunch of survivors going through war veteran-like PTSD symptoms. Maybe show some wanting to return to the game because their lives had more purpose and they mattered more in SAO than in the real world.
But you havent even seen his sister yet!

Pfft.

pbayne

No, stop having interesting ideas. To the Light Novel salt mines with you. Thatll beat that creativity out of you lol.

We need them to do the exact thing again, only with a different girl and a slightly different setting. Rinse and repeat.

Great idea.

It's a shame Reki Kawahara had quite different plans from episode 15 and onward.

jbug617

Banned
Aniplex is releasing a box set for Madoka TV series this Summer.
$119.98- http://www.rightstufanime.com/Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-TV-Box-Set-Blu-ray

Details
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Box Set Blu-ray contains episodes 1-12 with a package illustrated by character designer Takahiro Kishida, a 4-page insert, clear cases with 2-sided wraps.

Special Features: Trailer Collection, Textless Opening and Ending, Ending theme song "Magia" music video by Kalafina.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese with English subtitles.

Cornbread78

You'very seem the best, but watch the rest. It's worth it for the experience and ya know, Sinon.

Ok, back to the string of hate posts, lol.

BTW, work sucks, TGIF.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
RIP Cosmic.

Another leaf falls from the tree…

cBj1LTf.png

Qurupeke

Re:Zero 1-3
I'll post some impressions before I catch up on this. I'm a bit underwhelmed this turned out to be pretty typical as far as light novels go, maybe a bit more serious than usual. It has some interesting ideas that go beyond the usual stuff but still the basic structure is awfully familiar. The "witty" main character, the mysterious heroine, the humor of the show and the constant real world references, the fact that the main character seems to ensemble a pack of underaged girls going by the OP... In any case, I don't think it's bad, actually I liked it quite a lot, but I hoped it would deviate a bit. I like the concept and the protagonist's struggles, most of the characters are great so far and the fights have been excellent.

I guess it was worth it just for Elsa though. She checked all the boxes on how to make a perfect antagonist. She's just soooo good.
And the best thing is she survived the fight with Reinhardt, so I will have the pleasure to see more of her.

Clov

phaze

Really excited about this. It's been too long since there was a new Digimon anime. Here's hoping there will be some good staff working on it and that it will manage to reach the level of some of the greats in the franchise.

I await your rants when it inevitably backfires.

In the end, we all fall to the ban eventually.

RIP

"In the long run, we're all banned."

The General Theory of Posting on Neogaf.

RIP Cosmic. Your KlK thread introduced me to Gurren when I was but an anime duckling. Thanks for that again.

I've been catching up with Diamond is Unbreakable and it's been great so far.

Anyway I know this question has been asked a lot but what are the good anime that should be seen this season?
Look what the cat brought in.

Re:Zero 1-3

The "witty" main character, the mysterious heroine, the humor of the show and the constant real world references, the fact that the main character seems to ensemble a pack of underaged girls going by the OP...

So you're saying it's like Monogatari ...

While I don't hold Re: Zero to be some mold breaking enterprise, I found, as opposed to some other people who voiced a distinctly different sentiment, the second arc to be much superior. For me it has a more intriguing premise and a much more enjoyable and interesting cast of characters combined with some character relationships evolving from their initiatory phase and some character issues coming to the fore.

Ascheroth

So you're saying it's like Monogatari ...

While I don't hold Re: Zero to be some mold breaking enterprise, I found, as opposed to some other people who voiced a distinctly different sentiment, the second arc to be much superior. For me it has a more intriguing premise and a much more enjoyable and interesting cast of characters combined with some character relationships evolving from their initiatory phase and some character issues coming to the fore.

Are there really that many who prefer the 1st arc?
I really liked it as an introduction/setup type of thing, but I agree that the second one is pretty much superior in everything.

kewlmyc

I suppose someone somewhere would be excited for this.

I wouldn't be opposed if he wants to try again with a bigger episode count or expanding the final episode unto its own series. Charlotte had some promise, but had way too much shit going on for a 13 episodes series, and it doesn't help they wasted 3 or so episodes on something that could have been a montage.

phaze

Are there really that many who prefer the 1st arc?
I really liked it as an introduction/setup type of thing, but I agree that the second one is pretty much superior in everything.

Well I didn't keep the tally but I've seen that sentiment voiced more often; though that was before the last episode.

I know it's been a while but I've been busy with college stuff plus high school graduation is coming up for me.

So yeah I want to catch up to some anime.

Doesn't stop you from posting in Marvel threads. To think you'd betray Kaneki-sama for some capeshit ...

Kidding obviously, take care of your stuff. Good luck !

Danball Senki W - 41

Final fights and twists were great, but I kind of feel like the show blew its load a bit early with the Sigma Orbis fights and OP2 being used as an insert song.

The stuff here, while still freaking awesome, just never gave me that sense of HYPE as the other stuff did.

Anyway, this was the conclusion to the main story, so I'll probably articulate more on my thoughts on it later after I'm done with episode 42 and the movie.

I wouldn't be opposed if he wants to try again with a bigger episode count or expanding the final episode unto its own series. Charlotte had some promise, but had way too much shit going on for a 13 episodes series, and it doesn't help they wasted 3 or so episodes on something that could have been a montage.
It's probably just a visual novel thing like with Angel Beats. Hell, Charlotte was already structured like a visual novel even in animated format.

kewlmyc

It's probably just an visual novel thing like with Angel Beats. Hell, Charlotte was already structured like a visual novel even in animated format.

Maeda is too used to working on VN that he can't reduce his ideas down to a 13 episode format. Angel Beats showed us this, then Charlotte somehow made it worse.

Maeda, just focus on the Angel Beats VN. You released only 1 of a several part VN series. Get back to work.

Danball Senki W - 42

First half of this episode was a recap and the rest was basically an intro to Danball Senki side of the movie.

Just as advertised in the beginning of this episode.

jgminto

Ushio and Tora has been so boring this season. The only enjoyable part of the show beforehand were the fun character interactions but now it's all "boohoo Hakomen no Mono is too strong blah blah blah" and none of it is enjoyable.

Russ T

Banned
Ushio and Tora has been so boring this season. The only enjoyable part of the show beforehand were the fun character interactions but now it's all "boohoo Hakomen no Mono is too strong blah blah blah" and none of it is enjoyable.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've really not been into it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom