• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ushio and Tora has been so boring this season. The only enjoyable part of the show beforehand were the fun character interactions but now it's all "boohoo Hakomen no Mono is too strong blah blah blah" and none of it is enjoyable.

Kinda feels like they're stretching the end for a big climactic battle. I dont know, maybe he'll get the broken glass eyes again?

Just T

Ushio and Tora has been so boring this season. The only enjoyable part of the show beforehand were the fun character interactions but now it's all "boohoo Hakomen no Mono is too strong blah blah blah" and none of it is enjoyable.
I'm still enjoying it but not as much as the first season, really dislike the whole memory situation that's going on but besides that it's been some highs and lows.

Bokurano Episodes 5-8
download.png
Okay, this show is basically if Evangelion had a less attractive more troubled cousin that no one would want to hang out with.

Some of the mechs also look BattleBots rejects...
download_1.png

It's a giant mirror...saw....thing...

pbayne

Dropped it after two episodes. Pacing is horrible and people have told me the extent of content they cut was huge, but there's not even an attempt to catch the viewer up to speed.

I might pick it up again eventually but...eh that memory loss story line killed a lot of my goodwill for the series.

Line_HTX

Aniplex USA ‏@aniplexUSA 7m7 minutes ago

If you're coming to @AnimeExpo this year, then you don't want to miss this! #SAO #AniplexPanel

Ci7y_8RUkAAHukJ.jpg:large

I certainly hope that Kiritobread called off work well in advance and is gonna attend the panel.

EleGiggle

Thoraxes

This will be great for anyone who missed out on Aniplex of America's previous release of the series! The show looks pretty great on BD.

They also announced a domestic BD of Dokyusei. I'll have to watch the film first before I decide to buy it, but I've heard good things.
Honestly, all of the SHAFT blurays from AoA I've purchased have had damn near flawless quality. They just look so good.

I'm really excited to finally pick up Madoka. Figured this was going to happen after volume 2 went out of print.

Well I didn't keep the tally but I've seen that sentiment voiced more often; though that was before the last episode.

Doesn't stop you from posting in Marvel threads. To think you'd betray Kaneki-sama for some capeshit ...

Kidding obviously, take care of your stuff. Good luck !

Oh crap you reminded me to catch up on Tokyo Ghoul's manga lol. I wonder if a lot has developed considering I haven't read a chapter in 2 to 3 months.

Yeah thanks man.

Clov

Honestly, all of the SHAFT blurays from AoA I've purchased have had damn near flawless quality. They just look so good.

I'm really excited to finally pick up Madoka. Figured this was going to happen after volume 2 went out of print.

I don't think any of AoA's BDs have had poor video quality; they're pretty much the best the North American industry offers. I guess that's just what you get when you have all the authoring done in Japan.

I'm not too surprised by BD box set; Madoka is one of their most popular titles, and I knew they wouldn't keep it out of print for long. I expect something similar to happen for Fate/Zero in the future.

Cornbread78

Netoge ep.7
A little jump on the ecchi in this episide and it was still pretty fun, but that ending. We are going to go through a
hacker
episode now. Just keep it fun, damn....

Crocodile

Luluco 8

This was kind of amazing. I wonder when Luluco will figure out Nova doesn't give a shit about her. I'm curious where they go for next week's season finale!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: DIU 8

This was even more amazing! I've seen that "plan" Josuke et co. hatched up in a million different things and it NEVER works out. If only they had genre savey :( :p

Either Inferno Cop or Kiznaiver seeing how those are the only two Trigger anime left that weren't based on another work.

Or Sex & Violence with Machspeed I guess.

I agree with Clov, no Sex & Violence with Machspeed plz *barf*

I hope it doesn't come to that. It's time for the franchise to have another great anime.

At least it's targeted at kids this time, so there won't be any shitty otaku pandering.

A show squarely filled with "otaku pandering" or a show specifically targeted for consumers a 1/3 of my age are both unlikely to be shows I enjoy so *shrug*

Hell I feel I'm more likely to enjoy the former as there could still be stuff in there I enjoy, maybe a lot of stuff. When has Digimon ever been a show known for "otaku pandering" anyway?

Narag

Kabaneri 6

The fused colony was a conceptual abortion that should have never made it onscreen and I'm not a fan of Mumei turning into a moron to facilitate growth for Ikoma.

That said, everyone was acting like how they should have in the second part of the ep and the cannon sequence was good fun. Dare I say the show is back... on track?

Thoraxes

I don't think any of AoA's BDs have had poor video quality; they're pretty much the best the North American industry offers. I guess that's just what you get when you have all the authoring done in Japan.

I'm not too surprised by BD box set; Madoka is one of their most popular titles, and I knew they wouldn't keep it out of print for long. I expect something similar to happen for Fate/Zero in the future.
I'd be in for Fate/Zero if they ever decided to do another set for it, or a reprint.

And yeah about the video quality. But, even among the various AoA sets I have, the IQ has been a step above the other sets I got from them, like Mahouka and Kill la Kill. I guess I'm talking about a comparison of 100% versus 98% here really, to give a sense of scale of difference I'm talking about.

I'm just happy to buy Madoka. I'll have to remember to pick up the movies too.

A show squarely filled with "otaku pandering" or a show specifically targeted for consumers a 1/3 of my age are both unlikely to be shows I enjoy so *shrug*

Hell I feel I'm more likely to enjoy the former as there could still be stuff in there I enjoy, maybe a lot of stuff. When has Digimon ever been a show known for "otaku pandering" anyway?

Danball Senki is a show targeted for kids and I feel like it's one of the most enjoyable super robot shows a mecha fan could watch.

That along with Majin Bone being freaking amazing has made me start to see children's anime in way more positive light than I ever have before.

I'd be more interested in children's shows if they weren't so damn long.

Some are honestly very easy to binge-watch despite their length.

Majin Bone did a great job at keeping the plot constantly moving and making me want to see what would happen next. There was never a moment where I felt like things were grinding to a halt.

I can't remember the last time I had watched a 52 episode show in the span of one month.

Same goes for Danball Senki. Things escalate so much in that show that it's very difficult for me to put down.

Danball Senki is a show targeted for kids and I feel like it's one of the most enjoyable super robot shows a mecha fan could watch.

That along with Majin Bone being freaking amazing has made me start to see children's anime in way more positive light than I ever have before.

If you're already a cartoon fan, there's no reason to be dismissive of kids' cartoons. There's a lot of good ones out there!

Cornbread78

Big Order ep.6
Damn, Iyo is thirsty as hell, lol. I was surprised they didn't go over the top with the nude part, but hey, she wants his baby at some point. Fish gun mother fucker!

Diamond is Unbreakable 8

This episode wasn't as well directed as is the norm for this show. Not to say it was bad, but the show has established a high bar for visual creativity that this episode didn't quite live up to. But any deficiencies in the direction were made up for by the larger-than-life personality of the genuinely crazy Yukako Yamagishi. She puts all other yandere to shame.

pbayne

[

Tri is definitely some pandering bullshit. Not only in the obvious sense(tons of fan service shot of the girls and guys too tbf) but also trying to exploit peoples nostalgia in place of having an actual worthwhile story or addition to the franchise.

Fruits Basket 17-18

Back to back excellent episodes and both opposites ends of the spectrum. One being more emotionally charged while the other was pure comedy, yet they were both linked by a theme of people opening up to their feelings.

I love how this show devotes time to every main/side character and reaches an emotional connection without being melodramatic. Kisa finally opening up and speaking it was very sweet and cute.
And then 18 was jam packed with creativity, great use of blending live-action footage and characters breaking the fourth wall. Similar to Kisa, seeing Saki let her hair down and accept being comfortable enough to smile with her friend, a magical moment,
So good show continues to be good.

TUSR

Banned

If you're coming to @AnimeExpo this year, then you don't want to miss this! #SAO #AniplexPanel

I certainly hope that Kiritobread called off work well in advance and is gonna attend the panel.

EleGiggle
Looks like I'll have to go now.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

EleGiggle

Oh god this would be nightmare
dream
to go to.

Clov

I'm just happy to buy Madoka. I'll have to remember to pick up the movies too.

The LE for the two summary movies on BD has already gone out of print, so I'd hurry if you're planning on picking up the SE. Their domestic release of Rebellion is still in print in both editions, though I don't know if the Japanese LE of it is anymore. The import set of it is really nice; easily my favorite packaging out of all the anime BDs I own.

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs 7

Huh, really liked this ep for the character stuff between Kunikida and Dazai. Seeing their partnership in action was great and I don't think the ending exchange of words could have worked without that strong bond.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 7

First strong episode of the show as Laura struggles to figure out what kind of individuality fits herself. One definitely needs to stand out as an idol in a crowded industry, but go too far and it looks like you're doing something crazy for the attention. The dress she came up with was actually pretty good, though cowgirl would've been sweet too. Her food choice makes it even more obvious she's Ran's successor. She does have a nice family history. Meanwhile, Principal Evil still wants to pick on Yume for some reason. Who cares if she's not S4 material yet? By definition the majority of students aren't that good, so why think about kicking her out for not being the best of the best?

Kuromukuro 07

Yeah I like this. The emotional drama going for this show makes it a rather interesting watch, since it slows down the pace of things. Yukina's reaction to this whole situation is more than understandable. Big things are happening here, and not just that. People are dying, this is basically war. To have a high school girl be a part of this against her will just because she was at the wrong place and time sucks. She is going to have to grow up and realize that people depend on her now. I just wonder how they will do it. They can't keep dragging her into the mech.

Some are honestly very easy to binge-watch despite their length.

Majin Bone did a great job at keeping the plot constantly moving and making me want to see what would happen next. There was never a moment where I felt like things were grinding to a halt.

I can't remember the last time I had watched a 52 episode show in the span of one month.

Same goes for Danball Senki. Things escalate so much in that show that it's very difficult for me to put down.
Danball Senki feels about half its length because it's constantly moving forward with little in the way of meandering or sidequesting.

It's not really a problem of the lengths not being justified, but rather the logistical problem of finding time to watch long ass shows, and putting new long shows ahead of the ones I already haven't finished.

Narag

Understandable. I'm due to make a list of all the half-watched shit I have so I can do some "house cleaning" as it were myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom