• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/S3OS705FAYA

https://youtu.be/nZIkZFPK_tw

RZ7287E.png

Denying the greatness

Just T

Big Order: 6

So the pregnancy was imagined then was that whole episode...you know what it doesn't matter. And now Daisy is a system or something who knows.

Netoge: 7

Yikes, wonder how the next episode will turn out.

Thoraxes

Best openings of season:
Kiznaiver
Flying Witch
Kumamiko
Anne Happy

Best endings of season:
Kumamiko
Shounen Maid
Luluco
Missing Asterisk ED Ai no Uta. Really fantastic Rasmus Faber stuff.

Also since everyone is divided on Sawano stuff, I really like the Kabaneri ED.

I'll have to listen to more of them from this season though.

I'm talking songs only though. Animation is another thing entirely.

The music for that Detroit Smash scene sounds exactly like the music that's pulled out for the "hype" moments in Haikyuu, such as this track.

After listening to both tracks, I still lean more on MHA's track. That piece during the Detroit Smash scene, how can I put it, has more of an orchestrated "oomph" to it that helps convey the grandiosity of All Might's (and Deku's) heroism in that scene.

I haven't seen Haikyuu, so I can't exactly comment on which scenes that track is used, but the example you provided with feels more...reserved and quiet in comparison, it just doesn't give off the same energy that I feel from MHA. I can understand how it can be used for a hype track, but I can't say that both sound exactly the same.

Pooya

train 6

the writing is really bad but it's still watchable, I like that characters get out of their poorly written problems quickly and move on to the next scene actually, 5 minutes "we're weak", 5 minutes later "we're strong", glad that's over lol. If this was attack on titan they would still be stuck in that tunnel for 2 more episodes until finally they get out and just then they try to figure out a way to kill the big thing. yeah, it's bad but it moves at a good enough pace with some decent action that I'm willing to watch.

lost 8

this anime used to be dumb and fun, now it's dumb and boring. 12 episodes, right? I can't see how this can be satisfying in the end.

It really doesnt :/

I think anyone who hasn't pre-judged that everything relating to MHA must be the most amazing thing in the world and totally unique will be able to make a fair judgement.

I'm not even saying this is bad music - it's effective at what it's supposed to accomplish in the show (though I don't find it very memorable outside it) - just that these are essentially the same two soundtracks.

Ascheroth

After listening to both tracks, I still lean more on MHA's track. That piece during the Detroit Smash scene, how can I put it, has more of an orchestrated "oomph" to it that helps convey the grandiosity of All Might's (and Deku's) heroism in that scene.

I haven't seen Haikyuu, so I can't exactly comment on which scenes that track is used, but the example you provided with feels more...reserved and quiet in comparison, it just doesn't give off the same energy that I feel from MHA. I can understand how it can be used for a hype track, but I can't say that both sound exactly the same.

How about this then?

Also, you should watch Haikyuu.

I think anyone who hasn't pre-judged that everything relating to MHA must be the most amazing thing in the world and totally unique will be able to make a fair judgement.

I'm not even saying this is bad music - it's effective at what it's supposed to accomplish in the show (though I don't find it very memorable outside it) - just that these are essentially the same two soundtracks.

What are you trying to insinuate my guy 💆

pbayne

"Sha la la la"-Flying Witch's OP is definitely great and i love that stupid little dance the characters do.
JoJo's OP is great too, well the song, the visuals are a bit bland compared to the other JoJo OPs. Anne Happy's was pretty fun also.
And its amazingly cheap, cheesy and dime a dozen, but i love 12-sai's OP.

Narag

What are you trying to insinuate my guy 💆

Some composers have this quality about them. Sawano does for sure and even someone like Masamichi Amano has a "sameness" to some of his tracks. It's less criticism and more acknowledgement of style, I'd think.

Some composers have this quality about them. Sawano does for sure and even someone like Masamichi Amano has a "sameness" to some of his tracks. It's less criticism and more acknowledgement of style, I'd think.
Well yeah i agree on that id guess you could call it a "style"

Yuuki Hayashi can do different musical styles. You just have to look at his work for Kiznaiver. It all depends on what the director is looking for out of him.

The Flying Witch OP is good stuff. Wasn't fond of the animation at first because the green outline looks ugly, however, visuals and song gel really well together. Just a happy 'lil OP.

Just like when Haikyu played, MHA has the best soundtrack of this season. You can feel the emotions and energy when you hear the ost. It's just amazing!

Kiznaiver for best OP.

Sawano has crossed the line too many times.

Taruranto

MISAKI WE HAVE TO GO BACK #8

That's it, Okada? I was expecting orgies. Murder rituals. Human sacrifices. Ancient demons.

Instead I got Misaki story about how much she wanted to fuck her cousin.

Some characters appear to be at least particularly Genre Savvy, which I kinda refreshing.

Some speculation:
since Misaki doesn't have any trauma, so she can't approach the village without an "anchor", so to speak. Reiji was this. After she left the village she stayed in the area but not in "real world", similar on how Silent Hill and Hanuda project various layers of reality around them. The real question is, how did she know about the second tour? Also will Hayato/Speedstar go for Yuno for Mitsumune?

Just like when Haikyu played, MHA has the best soundtrack of this season. You can feel the emotions and energy when you hear the ost. It's just amazing!

I think I would disagree I didnt and still dont find Haikuu soundtrack memorable as well as heroAca's either, and especially not anything Id listen to seperately. Only highlight song of heroAca is that one track in ep3 training montage that has some vocals to it.

Fall season had Haikyuu, which I would say HEavy Object, Owari no Serafu ost + the other tracks ost for it, and Comet Lucifer osts were the better three osts of the season, as well as an assortment of songs from Concrete Revolution.

Kiznaiver Episode 7 “A Battle Touching Upon the Identity of the Pain that's Seven Times the Pain of One-Seventh of a Pain”

Yuta still the best though his lines whenever the guys want to get close to him, please stop. Still putting him on that chair scene when everyone was close up to him was amazing.

Yuta is also still great as he at least seems most realistic thinking for others feelings.

Episode was kind of embarassing at times though the best so far, Friendship is amazing.

Cornbread78

Lost Village ep.8
That explained nothing we needed/wanted to know. At least Lovepon got in her "execution" request yet again. Everything else is moving slowly at this point, but those stone arrows...

Defuser

I can never understand Gaming side of GAF's hard on for Sawano. I can't remember any of his songs from all of the shows he have done except for ping pong circulate and Lose your way.

I can never understand Gaming side of GAF's hard on for Sawano. I can't remember any of his songs from all of the shows he have done except for ping pong circulate and Lose your way.
To be fair i had a hard on for him when attack on Titan came out and still consider that his best work from what I've heard.

I think I would disagree I didnt and still dont find Haikuu soundtrack memorable as well as heroAca's either, and especially not anything Id listen to seperately. Only highlight song of heroAca is that one track in ep3 training montage that has some vocals to it.

Fall season had Haikyuu, which I would say HEavy Object, Owari no Serafu ost + the other tracks ost for it, and Comet Lucifer osts were the better three osts of the season, as well as an assortment of songs from Concrete Revolution.

Of those you mentioned, I would agree with Seraph but the two other did not left any impressions on me. While they aren't better then Haikyu fall had a few great standouts ost with Noragami, OPM and Seraph as you mentioned.

This season has no real big standouts for me apart from MHA in term of ost which is a bummer.

pbayne

Clannad 4-5

"Don't worry man, you're doing fine."-Tomoya confirmed for worst wing man ever.
Speaking of soundtracks, you can hear music they must have ripped straight from the VN in this, just has that ring to it.
Im really enjoying the comedy in this, its pretty sharp so far. Lol at the love confession/misunderstanding scene and Tomaya rolling with the transformation.
Sensei putting Nagisa and Tomoya on the spot was a really fun scene. I loved how they framed the two of them together too, with Nagisa completely in light casting a shadow over Tomoya until he steps up to help her. I know they eventually end up together, so it nice to see little bits of foreshadowing like that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kiznaiver Episode 7

That was one of the best instances I can think of for an anime series dealing with a doomed yuri storyline. Mainly because it was centered around actually dealing with some very heavy emotions that do not vanish into the ether. Yet this never delved too hard into the melodramatic because this series knows when to ease the tension or outright change the mood. This in all honestly is the kind of series we need more of in anime.

Ascheroth

Asterisk #20

Nice action, shitty kidnapping finally subplot over, but sadly this has the added downside of being able to hear Floras voice again.
I'll also repeat that AR-D and RM-C are just the best.

Kiznaiver #7

Amazing. I abolsute love how this show knows exactly when to lighten the mood or switch it entirely. Things never get max melodramatic, but the events still have a lot of weight.
This was an absolutely great conclusion to Makis arc and I really like how everyone has grown closer to each other.

And sice we were talking about soundtracks earlier, I prefer Hayashis work here to MHA (I still like that as well though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom