• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

Kiznaiver 7

Meh wasn't too hot on this arc at all. Had some fun moments though, like Yuta's derpy run. Oh well, at least Tenga is getting his episode next week.

L.O.R.D

My Hero Academia - 1

hLzPFVv.jpg

and here where my heart just broke :(

also, lots of "kakkoii".

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Favorite OP for this season
Space Patrol Luluco (Season 3 was too much for me!)
Kabaneri
Twin Exorcist (I don't watch the anime, but i like the OP)
Kiznaiver
Joker Game

Fav. ED
Kumamiko
Joker Game
My Hero Academia
Diamond Is Unbreakable
Tanaka wa itsumo Kedaruge

Diamond is Unbreakable 8

That was greaaat! Yukako is a nightmare fuel, and Koichi suffering was hilarious and scary at the same time.

Tanaka-kun 7

You know, the fact she's all kuu/dandere like Tanaka makes his sister awesome. One of the few times I don't mind the brother complex since it doesn't seem to be creepy in the general anime sense, just a sister who really loves her brother.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't know why people were giving Narag beef on the previous page for not remembering an OST. I can't remember most anime OSTs - including MHA's.

Jex

[Kiznaiver] - 7

This week's episode was good. Who knew Trigger/Okada would be giving us this kind of series?

I especially in enjoyed when the episode took time out of its schedule just to let the whole thing breath:

kewlmyc

Mayoiga/Lost Village 08

THE MYSTERY DEEPENS.

Kiznaiver 07

Nothing to really say other than this show continues being the best thing this season. Also what's up with yuri pairings and premature death?

I'm enjoying Kiznaiver and all, probably the best thing out of Trigger (Little Witch Academia aside), but...

Tanaka-kun and Tonkatsu DJ are in this season too. Those two have my top spots this season.

John Blade

Just re watch Jin Roh today and still liking the movie. Kinda sad that you don't see those style of movie recently. Just wish they make another anime in this franchise but I guess it won't happens because no one will want to watch it today.

Just re watch Jin Roh today and still liking the movie. Kinda sad that you don't see those style of movie recently. Just wish they make another anime in this franchise but I guess it won't happens because no one will want to watch it today.

what other story is there to tell? The movie was a pretty self-contained story.

No, there's an editor on every anime. Just to take examples from this current season, Kiznaiver has Hiroshi Okuda as editor and Kuromukuro has Ayumu Takahashi.

Ah ok, I thought I had seen plenty editor titles but my bad memory and the video put that to question.

Though it makes sense, someone has to put together the actual video in the end.

That still makes me wonder, are (some of) the shots purposely drawn out a tad longer to give the editor some room to play with? I'd imagine you want to avoid that to keep production costs as low as possible, although it probably isn't much extra work in certain kind of shots.

So, since I've seen this "How does an Editor Think and Feel?" episode from every frame a picture, that got me thinking that there is no such editor role in anime, right? I mean an editors job is basically baked into the storyboarding process.

You still have to put all the different animation cuts together and if they're doing both the film and sound editing then they have to add soundtrack, voice tracks, sound effects etc. They can also do some colour correction between cuts, adjust some lip flaps and other similar things as well depending on the situation.

Ah ok, I thought I had seen plenty editor titles but my bad memory and the video put that to question.

Though it makes sense, someone has to put together the actual video in the end.

That still makes me wonder, are (some of) the shots purposely drawn out a tad longer to give the editor some room to play with? I'd imagine you want to avoid that to keep production costs as low as possible, although it probably isn't much extra work in certain kind of shots.

It's from an American perspective, but this blog post from Brenda Chapman, director of Prince of Egypt and original director of Brave before Pixar kicked her out, talks about how animation editing works and how it differs from live-action editing.

John Blade

Sigh....I did watch the two live action movie and yea....the pacing isn't great and make the movie feel very slow than it need to be. I guess if they bring in another director to help it might make the movie much more streamline to watch.

Also, is they any update of the Korean director who is trying to remake Kerberos Panzer movie? I guess it's a retelling of Jin Roh?

I'm enjoying Kiznaiver and all, probably the best thing out of Trigger (Little Witch Academia aside), but...

Tanaka-kun and Tonkatsu DJ are in this season too. Those two have my top spots this season.

I'd probably give it to Tanaka-kun as well (haven't seen Tonkatsu DJ yet) so far. Kiznaiver has moments that elevate it but I don't find the structure behind it very compelling at the moment.

I'm consistently surprised how well Tanaka-kun takes on things that weren't funny elsewhere and delivers on them while integrating them smoothly with the central concept; which is itself a spin on the lazy character who hates to make an effort. The direction of the show is deft and quite refreshing as well; it seems like it might have a lot in common with Non Non Biyori, but I have yet to watch that.

You still have to put all the different animation cuts together and if they're doing both the film and sound editing then they have to add soundtrack, voice tracks, sound effects etc. They can also do some colour correction between cuts, adjust some lip flaps and other similar things as well depending on the situation.

Yeh, I had a bit of a brainfart not considering most of this :/

It's from an American perspective, but this blog post from Brenda Chapman, director of Prince of Egypt and original director of Brave before Pixar kicked her out, talks about how animation editing works and how it differs from live-action editing.

Aight, thanks. Gonna read that.

me etc etc

Clearly duckroll just watched it.

Promoting old movies is so passe

What's next promoting Schindler's List?

Everyone should watch Schindler's List

I'd probably give it to Tanaka-kun as well (haven't seen Tonkatsu DJ yet) so far. Kiznaiver has moments that elevate it but I don't find the structure behind it very compelling at the moment.

I'm consistently surprised how well Tanaka-kun takes on things that weren't funny elsewhere and delivers on them while integrating them smoothly with the central concept; which is itself a spin on the lazy character who hates to make an effort. The direction of the show is deft and quite refreshing as well; it seems like it might have a lot in common with Non Non Biyori, but I have yet to watch that.

Tanaka-kun is probably doing as well, imho, because the french-themed soundtrack and fantastic ost in general are doing wonders. Not to mention the solid performances by the VAs, the writing, and the character artstyle.

Sterok

Kiznaiver 7

Yuta has become really well developed these last few episodes. He's up there with Tenga and Nico as reasons I watch this. The emotions portrayed continue to be great.

Haifuri 7

More life on the ship when they're doing nothing. Then, a sudden rescue. Does the Harekaze even have the manpower and equipment to rescue 500+ people?

duckroll

Kiznaiver - Episode 7

It's really impressive to see a good show get better and better with each episode. There's a level of depth to the character development here that is not often seen in shows like this. Instead of characters actually changing to react to the plot, the development here is the audience having a deeper understand of the true nature of the characters as they open up. Yuta hasn't really changed at all as a person since the first episode, and his mannerisms and quirks remain the same. But as more light is shone on the nature of these mannerisms and quirks, knowing his mentality and what makes him tick, we get a greater appreciation and understanding of why he is the way he is and how he approaches a problem. Probably the best thing Mari Okada has written so far!

Cornbread78

Clannad 4-5

"Don't worry man, you're doing fine."-Tomoya confirmed for worst wing man ever.
Speaking of soundtracks, you can hear music they must have ripped straight from the VN in this, just has that ring to it.
Im really enjoying the comedy in this, its pretty sharp so far. Lol at the love confession/misunderstanding scene and Tomaya rolling with the transformation.
Sensei putting Nagisa and Tomoya on the spot was a really fun scene. I loved how they framed the two of them together too, with Nagisa completely in light casting a shadow over Tomoya until he steps up to help her. I know they eventually end up together, so it nice to see little bits of foreshadowing like that.

There is a LOT of symbolism in that scene for the rest of the anime.

pbayne

Looking at the Red Turtle on the OT side, holy god its looking good, really glowing reviews so far. Plus i had no idea the film has no dialogue at all. Getting so excited for it.

Qurupeke

Re:Zero 7

I'm on board. At first, I didn't really feel this arc and it seemed to drag, but damn, it started to deliver since the end of episode 6 and I really appreciate the whole setup of the arc now.
The stuff with the witch was really unexpected, it sucks that Subaru can't reveal anything about those resets. And considering that there's an entity that has control over time and/or life, it's kind of scary.

Rem and Ram the best, the loli continues to suck, sorry!

Kiznaiver 07

Damn this show has really hit its stride because that was a good episode. It's hilarious that this is the same person writing Maiyoga.

My favorite part was when the group was all happy and bubbly with each other and the next scene is just Sonozaki alone in a dimly lit room.

Also standing outside someones else yelling their name and asking them to come out and play is not a good tactic to make friends, that is for enemies

phaze

Ohta-kun is going to get cucked divorced eventually 07

After almost dropping it at some point, I've gradually warmed to this show and this episode was probably the one I enjoyed the most. Sister is another great addition to the cast (though I hope they won't go over the board with her ) but even Tanaka-Ohta dense interactions were killing me instead of putting me to sleep. Good ep.
---

OPs: Kiznaiver >>> Re: Zero =>Bungo >MHA

EDs: Kiznaiver >Bungo >>>Re: Zero

Kiznaiver 07

Nice to see how Maki has come to be the person she is today and why she is the way she in in regards to her friend.

Oh and MetroidPrimeRib is totally wrong that is exactly how one of my friends would get my attention when I was a kid.

phaze

But no one here is watching it so you wouldn't know.

It's testament to the exquisite taste of this thread that most people here don't waste their time on another subpar shounen but prefer instead to devote their efforts into studying impact frames in Hundred.

OP1 was better by the way.

Qurupeke

Kiznaiver 7
This was an excellent closure to Honoka's character arc. I'm really curious about how her character will act now. And I can't believe that Yuta has turned out to be one of the best characters of the show. Every episode since the start keeps making his character better and better.

Also, I liked the whole thing with Maki and Ruru. I didn't expect the story to be like that, their relationship was portrayed perfectly though. Ruru was a very interesting character and despite her little screen time she certainly left an impression to me with her bold decisions and her cheerfulness. She was certainly a very strange person.

Other than the Maki stuff though, the show continues to deliver as far as the group is concerned. I really like how close to each other they seem now, contrasting to the first couple of episodes.

Oh and next episode seems to be about Tenga and love. Is it happening!?

Narag

It's testament to the exquisite taste of this thread that most people here don't waste their time on another subpar shounen but prefer instead to devote their efforts into studying impact frames in Hundred.

OP1 was better by the way.

Shounen's best consumed in one go because week to week is for suckers.

Taruranto

Empire of Corpses

This shit was bad. The kind of bad it gives a bad name to anime.

Let's not exaggerate here, it's just a bad movie like many. Hollywood produces probably twice as much bad stuff.

When I think of anime that give anime a bad name stuff like Bakemonogatari or Fate/Pedo come to mind.

I've been following One Piece weekly for so many years that I can't imagine there is an alternative anymore

Ah, I see how this works. I watched Naruto and Bleach instead, so I lost the will to live and dropped them before the conditioning could take hold.

---------------

Macross Delta 1

Well, if nothing else, this song is probably never leaving my head. Ikenai borderliiiine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom