• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see how this works. I watched Naruto and Bleach instead, so I lost the will to live and dropped them before the conditioning could take hold.

I'm talking the manga. I have followed the Big Three weekly since about 2007 (and have never missed a week) and I've been reading Shokugeki no Soma since around chapter 40 and My Hero Academia since the first chapter. I give up on figuring out how long I've been following HxH since it goes on hiatus so often.

Naruto is finished and I'd drop Bleach if I didn't hate it so much that I continue to read it out of spite. It's corny as hell but One Piece might as well be a part of my life now since I've been following it for so goddamn long through all the ups and downs.

kewlmyc

Kiznaiver 7

This was an excellent closure to Honoka's character arc. I'm really curious about how her character will act now. And I can't believe that Yuta has turned out to be one of the best characters of the show. Every episode since the start keeps making his character better and better.

Also, I liked the whole thing with Maki and Ruru. I didn't expect the story to be like that, their relationship was portrayed perfectly though. Ruru was a very interesting character and despite her little screen time she certainly left an impression to me with her bold decisions and her cheerfulness. She was certainly a very strange person.

Other than the Maki stuff though, the show continues to deliver as far as the group is concerned. I really like how close to each other they seem now, contrasting to the first couple of episodes.

Oh and next episode seems to be about Tenga and love. Is it happening!?

A lot of people seem to be expecting Tenga/Chidori or Tenga/Nico. I'm partial towards both.

Qurupeke

Flying Witch 6

rDJGswy.jpg
keG2pEy.jpg
izuPBOq.jpg

Hmm.......

Cornbread78

Nagasarete Airantou ep.5
Men must protect the women, huh Ikuto... Well, for once that was the case, so you get your gold star buddy! Cute episode with some decent relationship development.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm disappointed by how little Puck there is in Re:Zero. I usually hate mascot characters like that stupid bird in Tamako or Ruru in Phantom whatever but I desperately need more Puck and this anime isn't giving it to me.

FUCK EVERYTHING

Qurupeke

I'm disappointed by how little Puck there is in Re:Zero. I usually hate mascot characters like that stupid bird in Tamako or Ruru in Phantom whatever but I desperately need more Puck and this anime isn't giving it to me.

FUCK EVERYTHING

I'm patiently waiting for the reveal that he's the mastermind behind everything.

FUCK EVERYTHING

Well, there's the break time stuff which is actually kind of amusing and a bit informative on how certain aspects of the world work like telling time.

FUCK EVERYTHING

No need to worry, you'll get all the Puck you need next season

puck%2520faces.jpg

Eumi

How? How is this show getting better? The premise is crap. The characters are cliche. It's full of pretentious ideas and the whole thing makes no sense.

WHY IS IT SO GOOD?! WHY DO I CARE ABOUT THIS SHOW SO MUCH?!

Also hooray for gay characters in anime that aren't punchlines. Trigger seems to be pretty good on that front, considering their track record.

Mailbox

Kiznaiver Episode 7

uiR3sNh.gif

Damn trigger is knocking it out of the park this season.
I just hope they stick the landing with the ending.

Kiznaiver - 07
OH MAN IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

This is probably one of the first shows in a while where I really can believe that these guys are friends. I'm glad it's all starting to come together like this.

This was a good moment. Free at last.

QONVIyz.gif

L.O.R.D

Boku No Hero Academia

just finished watching episode 7,i like this show
but for fuck sake,why the bomber guy is too much asshole?
i mean,dude,chill out,he is making the show worse and worse,he is so generic.

I'm talking the manga. I have followed the Big Three weekly since about 2007 (and have never missed a week) and I've been reading Shokugeki no Soma since around chapter 40 and My Hero Academia since the first chapter. I give up on figuring out how long I've been following HxH since it goes on hiatus so often.

Naruto is finished and I'd drop Bleach if I didn't hate it so much that I continue to read it out of spite. It's corny as hell but One Piece might as well be a part of my life now since I've been following it for so goddamn long through all the ups and downs.

Yeah, I've been reading One Piece weekly since like 2004, so I can't imagine ever not reading it on a weekly basis. The same goes for Detective Conan and Hajime no Ippo, although those are more like since 2007 or 2008.

I did drop Bleach, but that was mostly because it had been so bad for so long that I couldn't even bother anymore (and this was like over six years ago, too).

Of course, keeping up with a weekly manga isn't generally a big commitment, since you can usually read through the week's chapter in a few minutes. Keeping up with a long running anime can be a bit more wearing if it goes into weak material for awhile, since it's like 25 minutes instead of 3.

pbayne

Giant Robo End

Or as it should be called "The amazing super friends, sometimes featuring Giant Robo."
Im a simple person at times. This was an orgy of awesome stuff and animation and i enjoyed it.

Its odd how sequel baiting it is but never got one and a lot of elements are left up in the air(That big fire tease). There were interesting ideas that felt wasted, like the fear and paranoia of Robo being nuclear powered. I thought that some of the character beats and developments were really good...but Daisaku's felt really off to me. Like he's a character that dosen't naturally fit into this story, and the importance placed on him and Robo feels forced at times(though that may be intentional.) In comparison, I found the Volger siblings relationship and their link to their father to be so much more interesting than Daisaku's.

So i dunno i hate something that feels unfinished and i did have a fair amount of niggles with it but i still enjoyed it overall.

Haifuri - 07
Another episode about smelling like seawater and the rain. Recommended watch after Kiznaiver.

This episode is about the Titanic.

K5lGB8z.png

def not a corpse

The girls in this show are surprisingly capable at their jobs.

Mailbox

Boku No Hero Academia

just finished watching episode 7,i like this show
but for fuck sake,why the bomber guy is too much asshole?
i mean,dude,chill out,he is making the show worse and worse,he is so generic.

No spoilers or anything, there are better characters that upstage him quite a bit in later arcs. I don't blame you for not liking him.

It honestly might might swing that way I think, after the last episode, it feels like we're out of named suspects for the poison /curse thing.

We've seen who are the likely candidates of murder are already, as for the poison thing, if you paid attention to how the food was delivered and made, figuring out the poisoning him isn't hard.

As for the curse, I don't think puck has much to do with that.
We need to know more about Emilia and the jealous witch connection before we can really say anything about it.

tuffy

Giant Robo End

Its odd how sequel baiting it is but never got one and a lot of elements are left up in the air(That big fire tease). There were interesting ideas that felt wasted, like the fear and paranoia of Robo being nuclear powered. I thought that some of the character beats and developments were really good...but Daisaku's felt really off to me. Like he's a character that dosen't naturally fit into this story, and the importance placed on him and Robo feels forced at times(though that may be intentional.) In comparison, I found the Volger siblings relationship and their link to their father to be so much more interesting than Daisaku's.
I thought the parallels between Daisaku and Genya were pretty straightforward. Both were given powerful devices by their fathers but with little instruction on how to use them. Genya mischaracterized his father's wish for the special samples and sought out revenge for his own sake. But Daisaku kept on believing his father's gift was a force for good - even as his allies demonized Giant Robo for its power source. Ultimately, Daisaku's faith is vindicated, and Genya learns the whole thing could've been avoided if he'd only understood his father's benevolent wishes from the start.

Cornbread78

Kiznaiver ep.7
Pretty good resolution to the Maki issues and a great show of solidarity by the crew. I'm surprised Okada didn't go full
yuri
with Maki andvRuru's relationship. I mean, Maki did sound like she would have been good to go with it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Comparing shit to turd but the dialogue in Re: Zero is noticeably snappier than, for example, Hundred, or Phantom World. I can almost believe these are real people or, at least, that the author is a real person and not some kind of LN generator algorithm.

Moaradin

I've been watching a lot of Bakuman lately and I'm about midway through the third season. This show is pretty great. I learned of this show after I finished Shirobako and I wanted something similar, but I like this a lot better.

I've been watching a lot of Bakuman lately and I'm about midway through the third season. This show is pretty great. I learned of this show after I finished Shirobako and I wanted something similar, but I like this a lot better.

You had never done the manga?

I wish the dub had continued and viz released it on disc. Im on my third watch of Bakuman.

And also, was so glad they got Yuki Kaji in the anime.

Cornbread78

Asterisk ep.20
I still hate this whole sub plot, but that was some pretty good action and teamwork by both Ayato/Julia and Karen/Saya. Pretty good stuff
I just hope they finish the battle on a good note next week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kiznaiver ep.7
Pretty good resolution to the Maki issues and a great show of solidarity by the crew. I'm surprised Okada didn't go full
yuri
with Maki andvRuru's relationship. I mean, Maki did sound like she would have been good to go with it.

Well, they did address that in the show.
The pain of losing Ruru would have been that much worse, perhaps truly unbearable.
I liked how nobody was hung up on the sexuality of the situation and the denial of feelings was due to a honest if selfish protection of oneself.

Just T

Tanaka: 7

Rino is similar to her brother just with a tad bit more enthusiasm.

Ushio and Tora: 34

What a backstory that was, didn't expect all that.

The Lost Village 8 What started out as an intriguing and interesting episode 1 has devolved into something really ludicrous. But you keep watching it because you know people will die. Just a matter of when.

The Lost Village 8 What started out as an intriguing and interesting episode 1 has devolved into something really ludicrous. But you keep watching it because you know people will die. Just a matter of when.

I dont know if people would die, would there just be a massive slaughter in a few episodes? I cant see how that would be written in a believable manner.

ibyea

Banned
Kiznaivers: 6-7
It's finals week so I have been holed up studying, but I have decided to check this out due to the good word of mouth here.

I think with these two episodes I can say that I truly love this show. What they have done with Yuta and Maki really impressed me, and I didn't think much about them before.

Gvitor

Saw the first Berserk movie.

It was pretty damn good. The CG was weird at the start but I started liking it as the movie went on. Music was also very nice.

Now I dunno if I'm remembering it wrong (I read it over 6 years ago, after all), but I was sure
there was some scenes with child Gatts (and him being raped) before all this happened. Maybe a flashback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom