• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Cerberus episode 1

Yeah, uhm, that was quite bad.

Not Lance 'n Masque bad, but I got very similar vibes here. Really don't like the super-eyeliner character designs. Just feels really dumb and boring to me. Animation was pretty bleh too.

The first minute or 2 was pretty fun, but once they go to the present stuff it got very very boring and annoying.

:/

sonicmj1

Bakuon! 1

This just feels like a very... lazy adaptation. They pick the path of least resistance every time. Even key scenes don't really stand out. I feel very little desire to watch more if it's like this.

It's disappointing to see this happen to a mangaka of Mimano Orimoto's caliber.

Yd1JLS0.png

Check out some of his doujin work! (May not be work-safe)

Hundred Episode 1

r_ltl7zkWeLh1qjhp1jo1_r1_500.gif

We've all seen this anime and main character a million times before. There's literally nothing different and I swear I actually saw the beginning of this episode nearly scene for scene in another show like this.

Gunslinger Girl 3

I'm calling shenanigans. There's no way a beginner on the violin would be able to get intonation and vibrato like that.

Anyway, the revelation that the girls get academic lessons in such things as Shakespeare makes me wonder what the agency's long-term plan with them is. That is not the kind of thing that is necessary to create and refine killing machines, so what is its purpose? I could understand if it was an individual initiative like what we've seen with Henrietta's handler, but this seems to be a systematic and general practice. It's not as if these girls are ever going to be released into the outside world.

And Rico's interactions with Emilio in this episode show what an impossibility that would be, even if it were to be attempted for some reason.
I could see Emilio's death coming once Rico's handler told her that she would have to eliminate anyone who saw her during a mission, but it was still rough to see. The way Rico reacted to seeing him - the searching, then the deliberate lift of the gun and that sick smile - was particularly disturbing. It had all the more effect because the episode cut away before the moment of the killing and instead moved to close the circle by returning to the material that opened the episode: Rico grateful for having a working body and proclaiming her happiness with life at the agency.
The situation is so painfully messed up.

Quasar

Hundred episode 1

Oh my god.

I tend to like school battle anime (I liked IS and Mahouka for instance), but this is apparent one bridge to far. So bored I was and no character attracted me at all.

I guess I have Asterisk S2 for this season.

jbug617

Banned
Does a girl with large breasts challenge the MC to a duel in Hundred? Does the MC later walk in on her/fall on her in the bath?

he wins by a miracle. He scares and excites the student body president. She then joins the harem where the childhood friend tries to assert herself as the leader.

Man at least Joker Game airs tomorrow. So far for me, I'm only watching Re:Zero. I did say I wanted to trim the fat, so this is me doing that. I'll also most likely check and continue watching Bungo, Kiznaiver, Attack on Trains and Flying Witch. 6 shows in total, which is half of what I watched last season.

Chindogg

Hundred - 1

Let's see here:

Angsty MC with tragic childhood: check

Silverhair waifu candidate pretending to be a guy: check

Oujo-sama challenging MC to a fight: check

Catgirls: check

Loli looking scientist girls with lolipops: check

Little sister with a slight complex: check

MC staring at massive tits: check

Giant monsters: check

Too serious military vibe: check

This is gonna be my AoTS isn't it.

kewlmyc

Does a girl with large breasts challenge the MC to a duel in Hundred? Does the MC later walk in on her/fall on her in the bath?

• Yes.
  • Soon.

he wins by a miracle. He scares and excites the student body president. She then joins the harem where the childhood friend tries to assert herself as the leader.

It's like a checklist at this point. The whole "It's called Hundred because you've seen one hundred shows just like it" joke is kinda spot. Not even western young adult novels are this samey, and those are samey as fuck.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kuma miko 1
That was beary fun. Natsu not being unbearable is a plus. Kiddo need to get their mind out of a gutter. lmao, doing it with bear

Line_HTX

Yuri Bread 01

I feel like eating chocolate croissants now.

CERBERUS 01

Kirito is a wandering swordsman that wants to be the best, except he's a jobber with a Short Sword that can't cut through shit, let alone trying to defeat the WORST, most annoying mofu of them all.

On top of that, Kirito looks like he's bounded to the evil dragon by a scar on both of their hearts?? I'm just waiting for Kirito to scream and power yell some more.

Thoraxes

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda
also I'll never get Be Mine! out of my head someone save me please BEEEEEEE MIIIIIIIIIIIINE
I'd love to own it on Blu-ray someday. I think it'd be fun to rewatch it wh--
0s9wsLr.png
Best song.
Also they didn't even do a bluray release. I would've bought it if they did.
It's DVD only.
It's still a mystery to me why you guys like Samumenco so much.
Surely you can solve that mystery with an avatar like that.
How is that different from, say, Cross Ange?
I thought the crazy genre shifts that Samumenco had were a lot of what made it so fun. I literally had no idea where it was going to go next, right from the start.
And when I thought I had a good idea, I was wrong.

Stage On

I couldn't even make it through the first episode of either Re:Zero or Hundred. I wonder if it's because I'm getting older or just the sheer amount of anime I've seen over the years but I seem to be getting more and more picky about what I watch in general.

Then again I'm still watching Asterisk so I guess in a way I like to have at least a little junk food in my diet as it where.

So far the only new shows I've liked this season have been Hero Academia and Luluco. Hopefully something from the shows that have yet to debut will grab my attention or I'm going to have a fairly light season.

Szadek

Cerberus - Ep. 1
It has a cute pet dragon and a cute evil loli cat girl. These are the only good things aboout this show, everything else sucks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Was really not expecting anything from Re:Zero but the action wound up being pretty nutty, and there's more going on with character dynamics than you'd normally see in something like this. It's way ahead of all the other garbage eating action shows this season. Bums me out to see stuff like Hundred getting so much more attention.

brawly

Yu Yu Hakusho 2

"GUESS WHOOOO" lol. Great episode. Enma cracked me up aswell. They don't make 'em like this anymore, music and charme off the hook.

Branduil

FLCL was a practise in digital animation or something like that right?

Funny to hear studios still haven't done the transition.

Then again Japan still uses fax machines and mini discs like they're the latest thing.

When talking about digital animation, it's important to specify what you mean. I believe with FLCL, it was digital in the sense of digital inking(no physically painted cels) and digital rendering, i.e. it was rendered as a digital video file rather than being put on physical film. But the actual animation drawings would have been done on paper.

What people are talking about now is moving the entire production process to digital, including animation. So drawing the actual frames of animation using a tablet and computer software, with no physical paper involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom