• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

it's just a print set, so like 25 bucks. they were selling some real expensive shit there though.

i hope you like free because literally half the store was dedicated to it, with sound eupho the next biggest (probably because it's like three stops away from uji and the movie's coming up soon)

Ascheroth

Was really not expecting anything from Re:Zero but the action wound up being pretty nutty, and there's more going on with character dynamics than you'd normally see in something like this. It's way ahead of all the other garbage eating action shows this season. Bums me out to see stuff like Hundred getting so much more attention.
One of the rare times we actually agree on something, haha.
Hundred is mostly just morbid curiosity, I guess, but Re:Zero needs some more love here.

I couldn't even make it through the first episode of either Re:Zero or Hundred. I wonder if it's because I'm getting older or just the sheer amount of anime I've seen over the years but I seem to be getting more and more picky about what I watch in general.

Then again I'm still watching Asterisk so I guess in a way I like to have at least a little junk food in my diet as it where.

So far the only new shows I've liked this season have been Hero Academia and Luluco. Hopefully something from the shows that have yet to debut will grab my attention or I'm going to have a fairly light season.

I dont understand the getting older line considering one likes HeroAca.

Hundred actually had the best ep1 of the season so its sad to see people not like hiiro.

Jintor

yuyushiki 11

wow crunchy sub team putting in work on those puns, they got a lot of fairly decent ones out of the wordplay as far as I can tell

I should maybe rewatch this without subs? It seems a bit easier than non non actually...

Narag

It's like a checklist at this point. The whole "It's called Hundred because you've seen one hundred shows just like it" joke is kinda spot. Not even western young adult novels are this samey, and those are samey as fuck.

I dunno about that. https://twitter.com/dystopianya?lang=en

My persnoal favorite from that will always be:

I notice a group of strangers huddled around the bonfire.
"Who are those strangers huddled around?" I ask
"Oh them? We call them Arounders."

i hope you like free because literally half the store was dedicated to it, with sound eupho the next biggest (probably because it's like three stops away from uji and the movie's coming up soon)

It's popular and one of the most recent shows. They had lots of Phantom World and Chuuni stuff as well last week when I were there and some KnK (+ less of older shows).

Jintor

the poster board was "here's 26 free options, 4 phantom world options, 6 k-on options (all sold out), and 2 chuuni options" :(

they did have sound eupho banners and stuff on the walls, but they were like 5k each

I was very into the wall of movie posters all signed though.

it's just a print set, so like 25 bucks. they were selling some real expensive shit there though.

Depends on whether you are buying:
Originals or copies
The show itself (something popular will demand more than some obscure show no one cares about)
Where you're buying it from

I'd be fine with copies until I'm rich ;>

But yeh, figures that the prices vary widely.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I actually own an original cel, from the Bomberman spinoff anime, B-Daman; which is the most inspirational title in all of anime history.

All the shows I recognised were of course expensive so I just picked this since I had a vague notion of what it was.

Was really not expecting anything from Re:Zero but the action wound up being pretty nutty, and there's more going on with character dynamics than you'd normally see in something like this. It's way ahead of all the other garbage eating action shows this season. Bums me out to see stuff like Hundred getting so much more attention.

I agree with you, but I think it's because people didn't finish the episode. Everyone saying that they didn't like it say that they stopped watching halfway through. First half is generic while the second half, the one that sets the tone for what is to come ahead, is the one that is interesting and does different things from the norm. Don't worry, just like always there will be a few of us watching, we will post impressions, people will go back and watch the whole thing and realize what they missed aha.

I think I'm just gonna stick with the current shows I've got. I plan on checking out Sakamoto and Flying Witch, but other than that I need to continue igniting my mecha soul with KOTETSUSHIN JEEEEEEEEG, Turn A Gundam, Big O, and New Getter Robo.

BBK/BRNK

Hmmm I liked this a lot actually despite the MC feeling damnably bland the supporting crew were strong enough to make the difference for me and no fanservice crap either. I like the way the show seems to be trying for a Cold War feel with the titular Buranki's standing in for ICBMs and MAD, they didn't develop this too much in this stretch of episodes but as a theme that grew over the run ending with
national teams of kids from the UK, US and Russia trying to harvest Buranki hearts for their own national defense
. The ambiguity of the role
MC's mother
plays in the story is a great especially how it plays into our perceptions of the antagonist which evolves nicely over the course of the show.

MC was a bit of a bore and I'm hoping
his sister
is developed for season 2 if it happens but I loved the rest of the crew and the decision not to to make this another bloody harem title even if
the Russian team is trope hell, sadist leader, bro-con twin sisters for said leader rounded out with subservient and abused adopted(?) brothers for the rest of that team. Top marks for the US team though even if they marked an abrupt tonal shift into screwball comedy I loved that team lead and his crew although why any of them are working for Monsieur Guy is never explained. Guy's whole idea seems to be that Buranki's are bad so let's cause a global extinction level event by crashing 10km^2 of island into the surface from a few miles up?

I do hope we get more of this

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I actually own an original cel, from the Bomberman spinoff anime, B-Daman; which is the most inspirational title in all of anime history.

All the shows I recognised were of course expensive so I just picked this since I had a vague notion of what it was.
There was a Bomberman spin off anime?

It's like a checklist at this point. The whole "It's called Hundred because you've seen one hundred shows just like it" joke is kinda spot. Not even western young adult novels are this samey, and those are samey as fuck.

That last lines not true, so many new ones follow the same template. Ive already encountered no less than five Hunger Games x HusbandoRunner clones :(

SNAFU 1-13 & SNAFU Too 1-4

I'm really not too sure why I've already watched so much of this series. It had kind if a weak start and the whole premise of their club is kind of dumb, but the main characters themselves are oddly compelling to keep watching. But the more I watch of this the more it pisses me off, mainly because of how most of the side characters act. Like, if this show went full School Days on all their asses I would think that would be the greatest shit ever. That girl from the school festival (already forgot her name) was such a piece of shit.

Fuck this show, I like it and I don't really know why.

Sterok

Hundred 1

I don't watch generic LN drivel and I feel like I've seen this a dozen times already. Seems competent, but nothing special.

brawly

SNAFU 1-13 & SNAFU Too 1-4

I'm really not too sure why I've already watched so much of this series. It had kind if a weak start and the whole premise of their club is kind of dumb, but the main characters themselves are oddly compelling to keep watching. But the more I watch of this the more it pisses me off, mainly because of how most of the side characters act. Like, if this show went full School Days on all their asses I would think that would be the greatest shit ever. That girl from the school festival (already forgot her name) was such a piece of shit.

Fuck this show, I like it and I don't really know why.

I liked the first part but it felt stale in the second. Didn't really go anywhere and as you said that new girl is so annoying. GAF will disagree tho.

Cornbread78

2nd attempt, damn server issues....uugghh

Planetes ep.22-26/END
Qtb9ann.png

MVSEKiy.png

zriHv62.png

Damn, now that was the way to end a show, simply amazing.. The final four episodes shows great character growth for Hachi as well as Tanabe as they go through personal trials of despair and manage to grow new understandings of their surroundings. The moments of drama, suspense and heartfelt closure really put a stamp on the entire series. For Hachi, he finally woke up from being a complete self-centered dink while he reached for his dreams. He realized that there are people around him that he needs in his life to be happy and not alone. Tanabe also faces a traumatic experience and feels isolated from the world, but comes out stronger because of it; strong enough to endure the uncertainty lies ahead. That epilogue was beautiful as well and the surprises shown were beautiful even with the mixed emotions you feel as to what is happening..

The series was a treat to go through from start to finish even though there were times when it felt things were dragging a little bit. I'm glad I took my time to watch it bit by bit to absorb everything that happened in pieces rather than truck through it too quickly since there were so many little details as they went through Hachi's psyche' and everything that made him who he became by the end of the series...

This was good...

Well the series is traditionally about ordinary girls becoming super heroes. And the shows that focused more on the magic world have tended to be the weaker ones. I was very much enjoying the change in pace compared to the older shows though. Still, Maho Girls has been consistently good-great thus far, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now and see what direction it's really headed before making judgements.

We're dealing with Toei.

I'm not very confident that it gets messed up

Dayum, GuP mobie is now the third most succesful late-night anime based movie after it overtook K-On!. Only Madoka and LoveLive are ahead.

RIP K-On!!

They have a few pins and stuff of K-On. Probably more money in selling stuff they got more rights for though :p

They even had Air and Clannad pins, but no Kanon for some reason :/

seems like the cels are from the first few eps, so there's no shot of kumiko and reina in the same frame :(

Each collection got keyframes from 2 episodes, so if you got collection #3 or something it got episode 5/6 etc.

English subtitles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom