• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I was trying to go for that Michael Jackson song...

Never mind. =___=

khRwEzu.jpg

nah, she wants big strong Tenga to protect that smile.

I called that ship if it happens, lol

Nico x Tenga
Maki x Yuta (they will finish what Maki started previously, lol)
Katsu x Nori
Chidori x alone, suffering as a childhood friend always does
Hiso x alone amusing himself through the other's painful experiences; the ultimate masochist...

Team RED will win.

What is going on?
Nico->Tenga->Chidori->Kachan->Sonozaki?

Looks like it. Pentagons.

I just want it to be Saturday so I can watch Kiznaiver again... Sigh.

EDIT: Shoot. I just took in that I most likely won't even be able to watch the episode until Sunday.

Line_HTX

Inafune made the scam of the century. MegaTwerp is forever tainted.

Thursday needs to be here already. I'm stuck listening to the Kabaneri OST and looping "Warcry" from the 2nd episode.

Cornbread78

I heard that some Japanese people dropped the series because it was extremely sad and depressing.

I can't wait to see it unravel lol.

Yeah, I keep hearing it goes through a huge tonal downshift pretty soon and poor Subaru...... Those lighthearted moments cannot last forever and if we thought episode 7/8 was suffering, then damn.......

T7Ut2Zu.gif

Cornbread78

I'm going to conduct an experiment here:

I asked indirectly the other day, but will put it straight out there now:

If I was looking for an anime that takes you on an adventure that:

- has good character development
- has some good action and.
- really gives you that fantasy feel
- has a very conclusive ending.

(Relationship Development/Romance/Comedy a plus!)

What would you recommend?

Hopefully, something that is under 100 or so episodes without a ton of useless filler, lol.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cornbread78

sonicmj1

If I was looking for an anime that takes you on an adventure, has good character development, (Relationship Development/Romance/Comedy a plus) has some good action and really takes you on a fantasy adventure with a very conclusive ending. What would you recommend?

Hopefully, something that is under 100 or so episodes without a tone of useless filler, lol.
Wolf's Rain.

Skip the recap episode.

tuffy

If I was looking for an anime that takes you on an adventure, has good character development, (Relationship Development/Romance/Comedy a plus) has some good action and really takes you on a fantasy adventure with a very conclusive ending. What would you recommend?

Hopefully, something that is under 100 or so episodes without a tone of useless filler, lol.
If you were looking for such a thing, I would recommend El-Hazard: the Magnificent World.

It has comedy, it has romance, it has character development, it has some butts being kicked, it has a conclusive ending (though it has sequels you can safely ignore), and it's only 7 episodes long.

Tuck

so its been one year since i started this anime watching thing and last month i decided to start watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, since it's pretty divisive and all

i finished it today:
What just happened? i watched the last 3 episodes in a row, but i don't think i got what the something instrumentality project was, and i think i was supposed to understand that

also:
actually i don't think i got the point of the ending, feeling really stupid now

EoE is the real ending. The last few episodes of the show are the ending they made because they ran out of money.

jman2050

Oh boy the stuff I'm hearing about these Kiznaiver episodes, looks like Okadabot was playing the long con and is now showing us what she can REALLY do.

Kiznaiver is an Okada's Best Hits.

We started with Black Rock Shooter and now moving into True Tears. Are we going to finish with Anohana or Toradora?

We already went full Anohana with Maki being haunted by the
imaginary
ghost of her first love who tragically died too soon.

Gundam Wing 11

oh my god this show is so fucking bad and Relena is the worst part. She is terrible and an idiot even amongst the Gundam series, but whats worse is that everyone likes her and commends her. Relena PULLS OUT A GUN and tries to shoot a military officer and misses horribly then runs off and gets captured. Everyone's reaction is

"Woah...what a hero...so brave..."

WHAT THE FUCK. Then whats her face comes in and shoots an OZ soldier's hat off then says she is here under Treize's orders and they...believe her? And don't say anything about her firing at them?

I'm so confused. Why does no one act like a real person in this. Gundam is terrible.

pbayne

Hopefully, something that is under 100 or so episodes without a ton of useless filler, lol.

Cardcaptor Sakura(pretty much perfect for what you want but its 70 episodes).
Berserk(not the actual end for the series but pretty damn conclusive)
Donten wi Warau(really under-rated show imo)
Escaflowne
Garo

Exalted

I see you haven't watched yet Fullmetal_Alchemist__Brotherhood, if you are looking for something longer for a change (64 episodes) i would give this a chance. Has a great story and nice action.

phaze

Bungo Stray Dogs 08

I want dr Yosano to lay her hands on me.

The new arrival wasn't really as interesting as I hoped her to be and both fights were of rather middling quality but this was still a return to form after a set of episodic stories centering on side characters. Lots of cool shots and Port Mafia back as antagonists and driving force of the story.

Jarmel

Banned

How have you not watched Fullmetal Alchemist?

You watching all this shovelware shit instead...

phaze

Fate/Zero ?

Ahh unless you just want something you haven't seen yet.

Katanagatari then. From the writer of Mono/Bakemonogatari which you liked a lot from what I remember. It's the greatest love story ever told. it has romance, it has comedy, it has relationship development, it has some great action. I disliked some things in the ending (on the script side)but still, it's a thing one really needs to see unfold. (And behold in awe at how they unfold.)
LOL. Do you have to watch FMA to watch Broherhood? Most likely, yes?

Not really though I'd honestly reccomend watching at least ~25 episodes of it. Brotherhood goes through that material in a 10 episode long massive rushjob.

I'd recommend One Piece since it meets all the main criteria (except the ending bit as it's ongoing still, but given it's super fucking popular to an absurd degree, the anime is guaranteed to finish the manga material once that's done), but I somehow don't see you watching a 700+ episode anime, even if there are a few easily skippable filler arcs with easy guides on where they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom