• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I keep hearing it goes through a huge tonal downshift pretty soon and poor Subaru...... Those lighthearted moments cannot last forever and if we thought episode 8 was suffering, then damn.......

T7Ut2Zu.gif

Yeah I heard the author is a sadist.

Then again I've read books written by Cormac McCarthy....

Szadek

I dropped RE:Zero after the first episode, mostly because I hate the main character and unless the game gets really good, I don't see myself coming back to it.

Eumi

I'm going to conduct an experiment here:

I asked indirectly the other day, but will put it straight out there now:

If I was looking for an anime that takes you on an adventure that:

- has good character development
- has some good action and.
- really gives you that fantasy feel
- has a very conclusive ending.

(Relationship Development/Romance/Comedy a plus!)

What would you recommend?

Hopefully, something that is under 100 or so episodes without a ton of useless filler, lol.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cornbread78

Guess I'll be the one to say Gurren Lagann has all that if you haven't seen it. Plus it's only 24 episodes.

Summer doesn't look particularly strong for me.

Mob Psycho 100
Soma S2
Berserk (lol)
Danganronpa 3
Love Live Sunshine

Only really expecting a whole lot from MP100 and Soma is a known quantity but I really hope (heh) Danganronpa 3 will be good. My expectations for Berserk are rock bottom. At least Diamond is Unbreakable will continue.

Hollly fuck Mob Psycho 100 is getting an anime? Fuucck yes.

phaze

For real.

I read the spoilers of the Re:Zero LNs.

There's being meguca is suffering, and then there's this LN.

Yeah, I keep hearing it goes through a huge tonal downshift pretty soon and poor Subaru...... Those lighthearted moments cannot last forever and if we thought episode 7/8 was suffering, then damn.......

Yeah I heard the author is a sadist.

untitled-2y8u65.jpg

You guys are making me excited.

Hollly fuck Mob Psycho 100 is getting an anime? Fuucck yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUWiQmGS-FU

Hopefully, something that is under 100 or so episodes without a ton of useless filler, lol.

Naruto.
Believe it.

Aki-at

Second Escaflowne and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood though the latter goes through at a blistering fast pace in the first dozen or so episodes whilst the original series took 24 odd episodes to get to that same point.

Grimgar from last season is pretty good, though the ending concludes one specific arc it's not a definite end for the series.

Cornbread78

Guess I'll be the one to say Gurren Lagann has all that if you haven't seen it. Plus it's only 24 episodes.

Thanks. TTGL was the second anime I ever watched, right after SAO.. I'm still upset at the ending; my man deserved true happiness.

I'm going with FMA:B and Katanagatari.

Aki-at

It's the same content as Brotherhood, right? Brotherhood appears to get a lot more praise. .

Nah.

Original follows the manga upto about episode 25 and then goes in it's own direction and has an anime original main villain.

Brotherhood follows the manga from start to finish.

Personally reading what you've asked for and what you like, I think you should stick with Brotherhood.

Just T

So, FMA or FMA:B?

I miss nothing either way, right?
They essential start off the same but FMA goes in it's own very different direction after a while and Bortherhood is the manga story in full.

Enjoyed Brotherhood more but they are both worth watching imo. The movies aren't bad either

It's the same content as Brotherhood, right? Brotherhood appears to get a lot more praise. .

I didn't enjoy Brotherhood much due to the fact it had unnecessary comedic moments during serious scenes.

The original's beginning wasn't rushed like Brotherhood and went anime original. The original is basically it's own different story that doesn't follow the source material.

Anyway like I said it's better if you watch the original first then Brotherhood. Plus it has a GOAT OST.

Ascheroth

Bungo Stray Dogs #8

Better then the last 2 episodes, but I dunno, now that I've read the manga I don't feel much need to continue watching.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hana to Alice - Satsujin Jiken

Watched this the other day - didn't think much of it, the story as a whole felt quite mundane and I found the character designs weren't distinctive enough that I had difficulties actually following what was going on. There's a few nice moments here and there, but honestly I was underwhelmed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Dennou Coil, the best anime of all time.

sonicmj1

Dennou Coil 1-3

I'm watching this together with a friend. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time!

The show's writing isn't particularly flashy so far. This first set of episodes basically establish the rules for the AR universe overlaying the town of Daikoku, in terms of what you can get out of it, how you can bend the rules, and what sorts of dangers await the unprepared. The nice thing is that it's pretty much all shown practically. The only things that are told are basically seeds of greater mysteries to come, like the source of the Illegal viruses, or the metas that make the town special.

But the real star of the show here is the animation, which carries the characterization along with everything else. It's a remarkably consistent show on the whole, and that consistency sells who these people are. Even the opening places a focus on how all the characters run differently. The dynamic movements of the characters imbue the whole show with energy, and sell the sense of adventure.

vOP8dPl.jpg
gSRpSu0.jpg

Hololens please give me a mojo.

I get the most animated pleasure from the show's non-human characters, however. All of them are adorable. The whole madcap comedy of Densuke's flight from the Mojos is an absolute delight, bright and expressive, cartoonish in all the right ways.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Yuko integrates into the rest of the town.

Dennou Coil 1-3
I get the most animated pleasure from the show's non-human characters, however. All of them are adorable. The whole madcap comedy of Densuke's flight from the Mojos is an absolute delight, bright and expressive, cartoonish in all the right ways.

<-

You're god damn right.

Did Funimation say they would be no broadcast dub today? Because no episodes show up :/

Edit: just as I post Netoge gets it's episode but still no Assassination classroom.

Wanderer5

Bungo Stray Dogs #8

Better than the last couple episodes. New girl has a pretty cool looking ability, while Yosano's ability is so fucked up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom