• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Believe it or not, I do know how to laugh!

Of course you do, I'm just pointing out what I've observed and felt, no offence intended.

I can see how people big into Haruhi's lore would like the last section of the movie, but I was never much into that. It just felt like the main relational conflict of the film had reached a resolution, but the denouement had to be dragged out so it could play at Back to the Future II.

Yea, in hindsight I can easily imagine it being a drag to someone not interested in the lore.

pbayne

Clannad 14

Did i stick on Alan Titchmarsh by mistake? Lol why am i watching Tomoya do some gardening?
I know what it symbolized but it was pretty odd.

Uh the end of the arc felt a bit flat for me, i can almost feel the end of route VN scenes that are placed in. Because i like everything that leads up to those scenes, and then the drama hits and it just feels a bit anti-climatic. So i guess i prefer the show when it sticks to comedy/slowly building up Nagia and Tomoya.

Hanasaku Iroha 03

sqOQXuX.jpg

Da fuq?

Cornbread78

Netoge ep.8
25mQ3Jx.gif

Another good episode. Despite it's weak ecchi side, its got a giant heart attached to its story, as we saw again this week at the end of the episode. It also gave me this super-cute chibli gif, so I'm happy about that as well! The show has played out a lot more like a standard HS SoL series than I thought it would be, but it has been funny, entertaining and very cute at times.

Clannad 14

Did i stick on Alan Titchmarsh by mistake? Lol why am i watching Tomoya do some gardening?
I know what it symbolized but it was pretty odd.
Uh the end of the arc felt a bit flat for me, i can almost feel the end of route VN scenes that are placed in. Because i like everything that leads up to those scenes, and then the drama hits and it just feels a bit anti-climatic. So i guess i prefer the show when it sticks to comedy/slowly building up Nagia and Tomoya.

That is pretty much it, and why many people say the first season is a slog to get through at times. There is a clear purpose to all of these character arcs though and it is all important to endgame understanding.

Unlikely to be any competition. Zootopia is about racism framed with cute bunnies and foxes, so everyone can happily accept it. Moana is just going to prove that real racism still exists and the audience, and voters at large, don't give a crap about actual minority cultures. Just like Princess and the Frog!

Prove me wrong!

Watch it come November.

What I wish is to have bailed out earlier of the latest spoilery /ak/ thread! :-/

We obsessed people in general can't wait enough to enjoy the best quality experience, because any bad stream will suffice in the end... :p

My copy was shipped yesterday, so I hope I can enjoy the movie in best home theater quality this weekend.

Kabaneri 07

I liked this downtime episode, but I generally like those. Could've done without the conflict with the samurai dude but eh.

After some of the Evangelion talk recently I felt the need to watch it myself again and, god damn, that second episode is so good. Got legit chills two times.

I feel this way every month, but I think I just want to rewatch certain episodes like with Utena or Bebop. I recently rewatched Both of You Dance Like You Want to Win and maaaaaaaaaaan what a fantastic episode.

zulux21

small sentai anime sale on rightstuf

Damn, damn, damn. Although i would actually be somewhat interested in a live-action version too. I saw a manga spoiler the other day of +Massive spoiler*
Natsu and Ei-chan kissing and finally getting together
that i really want to see animated.

didn't they get together near the end of season 2? I mean I can't recall if they had the first kiss then but I thought they started dating then.

Suplexer

I haven't really been able to keep up with the anime community (or anime in general) over the last 10 months or so, but MAN My Hero Academia is fucking AWESOME.

It's like the best parts of HxH (the character designs, crazy fights, intense build-ups, and underdog moments) all condensed into a short story. Is the manga still ongoing, because I can't get enough of this shit!

I haven't really been able to keep up with the anime community (or anime in general) over the last 10 months or so, but MAN My Hero Academia is fucking AWESOME.

It's like the best parts of HxH (the character designs, crazy fights, intense build-ups, and underdog moments) all condensed into a short story. Is the manga still ongoing, because I can't get enough of this shit!
Yes. It's a shonen jump manga, so it'll probably keep going for a while too

Suplexer

Yes. It's a shonen jump manga, so it'll probably keep going for a while too

How have people been liking it so far? I heard a bit of excitement around it right around the time Naruto ended, but that was when I had to check out because I got a new job and moved twice and just had too much in general going on to keep a consistent eye on the current anime ongoings.

Cornbread78

How have people been liking it so far? I heard a bit of excitement around it right around the time Naruto ended, but that was when I had to check out because I got a new job and moved twice and just had too much in general going on to keep a consistent eye on the current anime ongoings.

Well, you might want to temper your expectations asking that in here, since it definitely has mixed reviews, lol. I'm enjoying it for what it is though.

You will find a much better reception in it's OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203630.

It's still really good imo. General opinion on the manga has been super positive

So it seems like Re:Zero's third arc will start from episode 12.

So the second arc will end at episode 11. They're probably doing that to have the new arc start during the summer season.

Cornbread78

So the second arc will end at episode 11. They're probably doing that to have the new arc start during the summer season.

When are they airing the second cour? It's not listed on MAL for Summer or Fall at this time....

javac

I've decided that I'm going to watch Wings of Honneamise over the weekend with my brother. Never seen it on Blu-ray but I bet it looks and sounds incredible, dat Sakamoto soundtrack. Will write a review once I'm done. Who knows where I'll go from there.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hanasaku Iroha 06

Some nice Engrish in this episode.

Thankfully nothing as weird as episode 3 has happened again, and even if they've started the school year now, it's still about the inn. So that's good.

Still don't understand why they made him a reappearing character. "We must support all our customers as best as possible" is good and all, but uh, there's still a line you'd draw?

It's just one of those "oh well, it's an anime series, so maybe the guy isn't supposed to be seen as creepy as he'd normally be." thing.

Cornbread78

Not everything is split cour :p
Yep, that checks out with 4 episodes/volume.

It's running through the Summer.

Hell yeah!!!!! Weird how MAL has Enride listed as a continual 25 ep., but not ReZero...

douches....

Nijiiro Days ep. 5-7
oE5INgH.jpg

This series has been pretty fun so far as the guys hang out and have some fun with their ships. I remember doing a lot of the same thing. I dies laughing at some of the stuff with the tennis match , as well as the cross dressing at the festival. And the beach episode that wasn't a complete ecchi fest was nice as well..

Line_HTX

I haven't watched very far, and I forgot where I left off, but hopefully that rope incident is a one time thing and no weird thoughts from that one guest?

Jarmel

Banned

lol what the fuck is this?????????????

Literally as long as Endless Eight. God damn.

lol what the fuck is this?????????????

From what I've read of the spoilers there
doesn't seem to be any more loops back at the mansion, if that's the main problem you have with this current arc.

Episode 11 honestly feels like a good stopping point, I think. I'm not watching the show so this is only an estimate, though.

I have been really slacking on Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but I need to be in the right mood to watch that show, because this is what it is -

6zqDUag.jpg

It's not something I can marathon because it feels like I'm watching a historical dramatization of stuff that is fictional, which I am into when I feel up to it. It's not well directed, but it looks pretty good for the most part and the character designs are stellar but I can really appreciate the kind of undertaking it is from the sheer amount of characters and voice actors.

So many games have come out recently (OVERWATCH) so I'm kind of slacking on backlogged anime in general. I'm not really in any rush to finish Legend of the Galactic Heroes anyway, although when I go to AX I might end up watching a lot of it with friends who have already seen it.

As for Gundam Wing...I'm barely 1/5th into it and I'm already not sure I can take any more. Watching a LoGH episode and a Wing episode back to back is an experience.

Jarmel

Banned
From what I've read of the spoilers there
doesn't seem to be any more loops back at the mansion, if that's the main problem you have with this current arc.

Episode 11 honestly feels like a good stopping point, I think. I'm not watching the show so this is only an estimate, though.

That's only part of it. This arc was nowhere near interesting enough to spend eight episodes on.

phaze

I've decided that I'm going to watch Wings of Honneamise over the weekend with my brother. Never seen it on Blu-ray but I bet it looks and sounds incredible, dat Sakamoto soundtrack. Will write a review once I'm done. Who knows where I'll go from there.
I ended up dropping The Tatami Galaxy in case anyone was wondering, didn't like it at all, so much so that what was supposed to get me back into watching anime again ended up putting me off further which is why I'm gonna pick carefully this time. I might revisit The Tatami Galaxy later down the road, but that's back on the back-burner for now.

I'm pretty sure the only place to go from here is up ...

Kiznaiver-7

The umbrella is also used at the end when Maki drops it, as a way of signaling that she's letting go of
Ruru's death
. I thought that was somewhat clever to tie in the same umbrella and that the ending isn't just the symbolism of Maki washing away her guilt.

This flew way above my head, nice pick.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kanberi of the Iron Fortress Episode 7:

This was a nice breather episode that allowed for some world building and expanding upon the character development of the entire group. Also, take note Attack on Titan, you can have characters beyond the one note you usually play them at, like we get Ikoma's version of "Kill All Titans" in this episode but the rationale is not only optimistic it is nuanced and layered and he therefore is actually likable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom