• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Seeing someone talk about Yuki Yuna a couple of pages back, and I see it available on UK Netflix.

Is it any good? For reference, the only real title I've watched in the whole magical genre is Madoka Magica - if that can be even used as an example.

As far as post-Madoka dark magical girl shows go, it's probably the best. Which says more about MG shows than Yuki Yuna honestly. It's mostly good with nice action, good development, and interesting twists. Ending sucks though, and there's all sorts of little flaws which may or may not bug you. I'd say it's worth a watch.

Are we sure Definitely not Attack on Titan is a one cour show? At the pace its going, it seems like it'll need another to wrap things up, unless things escalate like mad in the next few episodes.

When they introduced the survey corps I thought the same but since the leader of that is that oni-sama and he's obviously the key to some bigger revelations, that might be done with in the remaining episodes.

I mean we already got the ED song inserted twice this episode, you can't just do that when the show isn't about to end in due time!

We're going to get a Kabaneri on Kabaneri fight and its probably going to be Ikoma vs Onii-sama and Mumei until Mumei switches sides. Although at this point Ikoma would get his ass wrecked by just habanero alone

Gundam Build Fighters 11

This Meijin Kawaguchi business is nonsense. At least there wasn't any needless "who's in the mask?" drama.

The Battle Royale was really neat, well chereographed and animated. The format allows the fight to be more complex and on a larger scale than the typical one-on-one fights, which I appreciated. There's always so much love put into the depiction of the mecha. It was hilarious how Fellini got ganged up on by a group of guys whose girlfriends he stole.

The twist just before the ED was interesting.
I'm not sure if the PPSE CEO is supposed to be a native of Reiji's world or aware of it and him for some other reason. I guess I can assume Plavsky particles are technology imported from this other world?

Anne Happy 08

dRQWMxT.jpg

Sensei too stronk and evil. See the girls fight each other as generic RPG classes was great and probably one of my favorite episodes of this show

Are we sure Definitely not Attack on Titan is a one cour show? At the pace its going, it seems like it'll need another to wrap things up, unless things escalate like mad in the next few episodes.

Noitamina already announced up to Spring 2017's show, so even Kabaneri have season 2, at least it will be 2017 Summer.

Steins Gate 7

Man this anime is getting interesting.

Also who is this John Titor fellow. He seems shady unless he ends up being the Protagonist's future self.

Girls und Panzer: Der Film

This was really really fun. More than worth the wait. It is basically about 90 minutes of tank battles with 20 minutes of plot to facilitate them. It was pretty much everything one could have possibly wanted out of a Girls und Panzer movie and they deliver on both the new characters and in giving most familiar characters ample screentime to shine. Parts of it are outright hilarious as well.

Really liked the new score as well. Some familiar tracks and some new ones, some more re-arranged hymns are also presented for the new teams. If there is one theme this movie likes to play it's familiarity. It doesn't reboot the franchise instead it gives fans of the series exactly what they wanted in which case one would say it's a fanservice film. But it manages to do enough to be worthwhile. Perhaps if you aren't a fan of GuP (what is wrong with you) this is a skip. But if you are WATCH THIS FILM.

The only bad thing about this movie is that it ended. :(

I need to watch this. Now.

I also forgot to mention but Steins Gate's opening is pretty catchy.

After watching it a couple times its gotten progressively better for me. It's really damn good.

Gundam Build Fighters 12

So not only is Reiji being actively opposed by the tournament organizer stacking the deck against him behind the scenes, but he also has a random wrist injury that will affect his battle performance? I'm not sure how I feel about all this.

Just T

Netoge: 8

Surprised he said friends when Ako asked what they were now but everything ended well, felt like a last episode tbh. Also, thought the chat censor was funny.

blurr

Super excited for these two Blu-rays!

It's been a long time coming, never thought that I'd see Only Yesterday released on Bu-ray in the west.
Best Ghibli film.

Wow, I adore Only Yesterday and although I have not seen Belladonna I love the cover art for it which means that I will watch it now.

On the Steins;Gate discussion: I liked Rukako's arc a lot, very moving.

Aki-at

Kabaneri - 7

A nice breather episode that helps flesh out the characters, has a few cute moments (The samurai guy interrupting the princess' eating) and sets up the future conflict Ikoma is (I presume) going to have with the hunters.

Cornbread78

Katanagatari ep.2
So much going on in a 40 min. episode and the funny part is that about 85% of it is straight dialog between those two, lol. I love how she tries to act all high and mighty with her intelligence, but tine and tine again, he figures out how to do things his way and he's right. Especially, that final kill shot using
her face
As a leaping pad to spring off of; soo good. I kinda hope she does let go of that semi-tsundered attitude at some point though..

Oh, I just remembered how hilarious the beginning of the episode was when she was making him wrap up in her hair and lick and sniff her all over so he can always tell who she is. It was funny, but also cute at the same time... good stuff.

Steins Gate 9

Wtf did they just
erase the culture of Akiba?

Damn the butterfly effect can be a major pain in the butt.

It seems like Okabe is fearing the consequences that come from changing the past. Maybe this will lead to his eventual insanity.

Cornbread78

Aqua is hooked, there is no hope for sleep in his future, lol.

I had to watch it all in a couple days as well. It just gets better and better..

Defuser

Attack on Train ep 7

Wow we're already in more than half a cour and they still haven't reach the basement and now they probably gonna pick a fight against the hunters in the next few episodes. Ikoma suspicious right off the bat against Biba means something must have happen at his own village to warrant it.

Steins Gate 10

Lol Ruka
is a girl now.

Yo who was that stalker or whatever that sent a anonymous message to Okabe. It was really freaking creepy plus it amplified Okabe's paranoia.

I wonder what ended up changing due to the dmail.

I had to watch it all in a couple days as well. It just gets better and better..

Yeah I'm hooked, it's getting real good.

Mailbox

You saying that reminded me of the time me and 2 other friends straight up binge watched all of Steins;gate in one day last year. That was a good day.

You saying that reminded me of the time me and 2 other friends straight up binge watched all of Steins;gate in one day last year. That was a good day.
One day?! A 24 episode show?? Damn. Doing the math that would have been something like 9hrs of anime straight. I feel like if I watched that much anime in one day I'd turn into an anime character myself.

Cornbread78

Steins Gate 10
Lol Ruka
is a girl now.

Yeah I'm hooked, it's getting real good.

Now you know what all thise comments were about earlier, lol..

Oh, i'm pretty sure you already know, but don't forget to watch the OVA right after you finish the show. The events take place shortly after the ending, so don't read the description of it beforehand, lol.

Gvitor

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 2.5 (Bonus episode)

What in the world have I watched, hahaha

This episode in a few words: ecchi went too far.

It's a perfect parody of this series, and it's official, lol.

One day?! A 24 episode show?? Damn. Doing the math that would have been something like 9hrs of anime straight. I feel like if I watched that much anime in one day I'd turn into an anime character myself.

I watched all of Kaiji S2 in one day because when you watch 8 episodes about pachinko balls moving through the machine you might as well watch 8 more

Steins Gate 11

Holy fuck did this episode scared me the fuck out. When Okabe received
a message that said you know too much and had a pic of a bloody head?
It sent chills down my spine and it didn't help I watching it in the dark.

Did it just turn into a horror anime like seriously. I'd definitely be extremely paranoid if I were Okabe. I really loved when the screen went white and black because you knew during that moment that they were basically doing stuff that can get them killed.

I believe there's someone who's associated with Sern and playing as a spy. The question is who is it? Man is this anime getting really damn good. I'm completely hooked at this point.

Kabaneri 7

With Ikoma's character we've seen so far telling Mumei to stop fighting Kabane is super forced. He should have said something more along the lines of "Thanks to what we have we can fight better". Like wtf was that whole forced romance thing.

Defuser

Kabaneri 7

With Ikoma's character we've seen so far telling Mumei to stop fighting Kabane is super forced. He should have said something more along the lines of "Thanks to what we have we can fight better". Like wtf was that whole forced romance thing.

Ikoma is seeing his sister in Mumei which is why he says all this.

Narag

Space Battleship Yamato 3
oSaIugnl.jpg
golOf0Pl.png

TV ep 3, 2199 ep 2

SmVGShNl.jpg
tL0YPw2l.png

TV ep 3, 2199 ep 2

RnthxHOl.png
ysXLMqUl.png

TV ep 3, 2199 ep 2
TkhBUNUl.jpg
cs5p3OZl.png

Both ep 3 of their respective series but I can't stop laughing at how they worked Dessler's bigass face communicator from '74 into something decorative in 2199.

Seems like ep 2 of 2199 rolled the events of 2-3 of the TV series together for something a little more seamless. Makes sense too as 2199 didn't need the history lessons that ate up run time as in last ep.

I am finding that it's becoming harder to keep up with this thread as work starts to ramp up. Anyways...

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 7

Some interesting character development for Lelouch after being cornered and his motivation seemly taken away from him. His revelation comes as a shock. What's his angle...? Surely he wouldn't do anything to sabatoge Nunally's plan or harm her in any way...

Mailbox

I think we actually watched the last couple of episodes in the morning. But we also watched the OVA, so yeah. 25 technically.

We plan on seeing Black Lagoon next time like this, since none of us have actually seen it. Its been sitting on my shelf for when we can all have a whole day to get together and drink and binge.

Damn... well, for awhile last year I was watching almost a cour a day, so...

Dammit, I think I skipped it again..

Trust me cornbread, you really don't want to compare that kind of stuff with someone with (regrettably) as much free time as I did when I started watching anime (in 2014). I watched FBA Brotherhood in 2 days and all 3 seasons of Bakuman in 3. To be fair though, I was only going to university and didn't have a job or anything else to really do, and I just got into anime at that point so... yeah...

I had a problem then (I'm better now, though I still binge. Just not as much or in as messed up of a way)

Line_HTX

I am finding that it's becoming harder to keep up with this thread as work starts to ramp up. Anyways...

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 7

Some interesting character development for Lelouch after being cornered and his motivation seemly taken away from him. His revelation comes as a shock. What's his angle...? Surely he wouldn't do anything to sabatoge Nunally's plan or harm her in any way...

Eh, I find that even if I'm not here the majority of the day, I find that I'm at most 3 pages behind as opposed to 10 or more in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom