• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Katanagatari ep.3
katana0301.png
Oh, how cute, he likes the princess carry, lol. That scene with them stuck together because of her hair was great, especially when then show the silloutte image of them through the window shade, lol.

The action was short again, but a nice resolution to the battle with really good dialog between the sword wielder and Shichicka. It's almost a shame she had
to die because of the battle and not just get injured so she couldn't fight back.
Togame appeared upset about it as well..

Cornbread78

Big Order ep.7
Imouto is a straight up hardcore gangsta, lol. Wasn't expecting that change in character, but hey, why not? Just adds to the standard nonsense and craziness of the show..

More confirmation that they are not blood siblings btw...

Was recommended Paranoia Agent so I'm going to make it my target to watch the series while we have this long weekend. What am I to expect? Shots I've seen look pretty great.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: 9

Not bad Koichi. Still don't like what they did to the opening.

I really like this remixed(?) opening, though the original is equally as good.

Good episode overall, Koichi rocking that cut hair. I need more Josuke though, last two eps haven't had nearly enough of him.

Big Order 7
Extremely bad pacing. I could barely follow along. It was amusing to see the little sister go all crazy manipulative at the end though

Just T

Was recommended Paranoia Agent so I'm going to make it my target to watch the series while we have this long weekend. What am I to expect? Shots I've seen look pretty great.

I really like this remixed(?) opening, though the original is equally as good.

Good episode overall, Koichi rocking that cut hair. I need more Josuke though, last two eps haven't had nearly enough of him.
It's always seemed pretty interesting, might watch it at some point.

But yeah he has taken a step back in these last episodes but I've enjoyed the focus on Koichi.

Shonen Maid Episode 7 Learning Does Not Happen in a Day

Best episode. The first half was so relatable. I remember going through all of that when circumstances happened. Madoka's reactions and everything was perfect.

Classroom scene was great and I laughed so much at the conference.

Cornbread78

Kabaneri ep.7
Alright, that was an odd change of pace for the series. I was good to get more backstory on endless rice belly girl and it looks like things may get dicey with Ikuma and her big bro next episode.

The Lost Village Episode 9
CjggIA0UoAADzD7.jpg

Speedstar backstory was good and I could see how it made him who he was. I wish Mitsumune didnt have that reaction considering they are kind of in a similar situation with relatable histories. Conflicts make relationships stronger so I imagine they will be great in the future.

sonicmj1

Mayoiga 9

This show is still ridiculous and everyone acts in ridiculous ways all the time, and they threw in two brand new ridiculous curveballs at the end.

I'm not sure why I'm watching it, but I can't really stop now.

kewlmyc

The Lost Village Episode 9
CjggIA0UoAADzD7.jpg

Speedstar backstory was good and I could see how it made him who he was. I wish Mitsumune didnt have that reaction considering they are kind of in a similar situation with relatable histories. Conflicts make relationships stronger so I imagine they will be great in the future.

Most people would be hostile after being told "I think of you as my puppet, continue doing what I say forever".

Also, looks like Misaki wasn't lying if that is who I think it is at the end of the episode.

JulianImp

JoJo #9
Still enjoying this, even though I've got to agree that the changes to the first few seconds of the opening made it much much worse than what we had before.

Big Order #7
What is that thing called 'pacing'? Show continues being stupid, now including a retarded characterization 180 courtesy of the MC's little sister. There was just too much set-up to actually enjoy myself this episode, and I think this show needs less set-up and more random ass-pulls for the sake of edgyness to be at least mildly appealing for me.

Expect a blurred line between reality and fantasy, lots of mystery and a good dose of horror (75% psychological, 25% physical). It's a great show that does many fairly unique things, so I hope you'll enjoy it.

Line_HTX

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 07

I love episodes like this one that have a break from the action. Really gives some time to take a breath and have some sense of normalcy, even for a moment.

Good thing I listened to the OST beforehand so I was a little prepared for the different insert song used in context of the scenes.

I really love how beautiful they make the night sky in this one.

umVWmpZ.gif

Delicious smell, gao gao~

Narag

Mayoiga 9

I like how the penguin was made whole after Mitsumune rejected the Tokimune role.

also lol @ the ending
Please be a hospital so my "everyone was dying after the bus crash" guess was right.

Link Man

Banned
Netoge 8.
Ako best girl, but man does this anime remind me of runescape for some reason. I remember just being really into my character and the world with my middle school friends.

Surprise of the season, this has actually turned out really good because it actually cares about the characters.

Line_HTX

Kabaneri ep.7
Alright, that was an odd change of pace for the series. I was good to get more backstory on endless rice belly girl and it looks like things may get dicey with Ikuma and her big bro next episode.

Yep, Suzuki-san says here that Ikoma is the only one who can't really BELIEVE in Biba.

As an aside, now that I know it's Mamoru Miyano that's voicing Biba, he's definitely using his Light Yagami voice, LOL

May karma smile upon him.

Future Card Buddyfight DDD [Triple D] Episode 9

Good Gaito episode
knew there was going to be some new impact to show up since there was no way he would win without one or have to have his old one

Lautaro

Mayoiga

This is truly Lost: the anime.
We had the smoke monster and now we have the Others (and apparently they just kidnapped the MC and took him to their facilities).

Kiznaiver - 07

Melodrama almost became unbearable at Nico's speech to Ruru's mom, other than that an enjoyable episode and looking forward to the next arc.

Re: Zero - 08

CAN WE BE DONE WITH THIS ARC?!?!?! In all seriousness I wonder if Subaru's
bawling to Emilia will prompt any future plot points considering the time resets and if he actually let slip that he was a time-traveler considering last episode or was it incoherent cries of struggling (to Emilia that is)

Just T

Concrete Revolutio: 21

Good episode and nice action scene. Looks like Jiro is at a standstill, should be interesting to see what he does next after these flashbacks, next episode should be really good.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis Episode 26 [END] [engDub]

And thus ends another epic season of cfvanguard. I loved how it put the best fight in the whole series in the final two episodes and filled it with tons of emotion and everything
nearly creying Kamui the Great even, so worth it. He and Chrono are the best
CjgsqNXXAAAL_tA.jpg

Chrono even pulled out the epic Interdimension Dragon Warp Drive Dragon, I was excited a lot.

I cant wait for G Stride Gate or whatever. Next week needs to hurry.

Jintor

Luluco 9

since i didn't get the reference this wasn't as funny but man the way they reuse cheapass animation to make something cool is really astounding sometimes.

also that shark jammed his drill horn into that gorilla's butt to turn him super saiyan and i thought that was pretty funny

jgminto

Mayoiga 9
The most Silent Hill episode so far. I really liked the design of Valkana's monster, the warped spirals of a wooden desk he couldn't look up from is an interesting visual choice. Speedstar seems like he's one of the crazier ones, but that was already obvious from the recent episodes.

Maiyoga 09

This show sucks ass now, and not in a fun way either. It should be about crazy people having nonsensical conversations and not about whatever the hell Speedstar's backstory was supposed to elicit.

Lovepon wasn't even in this episode. Where's the mascot, Okada?

Kiznaiver - 07

Melodrama almost became unbearable at Nico's speech to Ruru's mom, other than that an enjoyable episode and looking forward to the next arc.

Re: Zero - 08

CAN WE BE DONE WITH THIS ARC?!?!?! In all seriousness I wonder if Subaru's
bawling to Emilia will prompt any future plot points considering the time resets and if he actually let slip that he was a time-traveler considering last episode or was it incoherent cries of struggling (to Emilia that is)

Episode 11 will end the arc.

Maiyoga 09

This show sucks ass now, and not in a fun way either. It should be about crazy people having nonsensical conversations and not about whatever the hell Speedstar's backstory was supposed to elicit.

Lovepon wasn't even in this episode. Where's the mascot, Okada?

They've already wrung Lovepon's schtick dry.

Qurupeke

Mayoiga 9

Masaki is just so dumb. I don't get why she keeps acting on her own and hiding everything. Even if the witch hunt was dumber, it's not like people were wrong. Mitsumune is the biggest idiot for blindly trusting her.

The whole people are starting to get
apathetic thing
in Mayoiga...

I hope it's not moving towards a everyone is/becomes a ghost, stuck in the village forever ending.

Because then this show will be the Lost anime, because its ending will suck too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maiyoga 09

This show sucks ass now, and not in a fun way either.
It seemed pretty obvious that the show would be boring for its run a few episodes back. The people that consider it to be some kind of high form of intentionally bad are crazier than the fictional characters featured.

Qurupeke

It seemed pretty obvious that the show would be boring for its run a few episodes back. The people that consider it to be some kind of high form of intentionally bad are crazier than the fictional characters featured.

I really don't know what to believe about Mayoiga. The writing is terrible, it has to be intentional, at least a part of it. I can't believe that the people who make this consider it a proper mystery drama or a work worth investing time to watch for its plot, the characters or the atmosphere.

But I agree with the sentiment, it's past the point it can be considered "so bad it's good".

Starviper

I really don't know what to believe about Mayoiga. The writing is terrible, it has to be intentional, at least a part of it. I can't believe that the people who make this consider it a proper mystery drama or a work worth investing time to watch for its plot, the characters or the atmosphere.

But I agree with the sentiment, it's past the point it can be considered "so bad it's good".

Welp guess I can cross this series off at Episode 7.. I had a feeling it wasn't going to get any better. Episode 1 seemed like they had all the pieces for something fun, but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom