• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Kagewani #7-9

While I don't think those last episodes are bad per se and have some interesting stuff in it, this season keeps going in a direction I don't like at all.
The human vs human conflict is something I couldn't care less about and it has been getting more and more focus along with telling a more continuing storyline as opposed to the loosely interconnected episodic nature of the first season.

Honestly, everything I wanted were just more #fucktheocean episodes :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora 2nd Season Episode 9:

I am quite ready for the endgame battle at this point because things are starting to get tedious and boring now with all of the flashbacks and backstory.

Guilty Crown ep.20-END
dFIaYIC.jpg
PcCPJN6.jpg

I'm so confused at the endig of this one and nothing makes sense still... On one hand, I loved the production of it, especially the way they integrated the music into everything, however, What happened? WHAT HAPPENED? Explain something, not just through an entire episode 21 of backstory, but explain it through the story as it plays out so it makes some kind of sense.... The whole Shu x Inori thing was just a farse as I thought and they never did take the time to fully develop that relationship, until the very end when they had some emotional moments, but it almost felt like too little too late with very little substance to it. They could have written that ship so much better to give it soo much more impact, but instead it stayed convoluted until the end, when all the next set of nonsense happened.... I'm still up in the air on this one since it had so much potential with some really good moments, but, they left the story so convoluted by the end, and still didn't make is comprehensible to watch...

Ayane x Shu should have been the final ship....

Does anyone know if the OVAs are worth a watch?

You dont need to watch it. But it is cool.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 21

So this is how it all ends. Yutaka Nakamura returns to animated a pretty sweet action sequence, there are a bunch of robot characters and actual robots, big and small, fighting for different reasons. And then. Every gets together and talks things through. Because misunderstandings are boring and make for poor drama. Instead we find out what characters are thinking, what they're hiding from each other, and even if they don't agree, they can agree to disagree. And then. Because he asked really nicely. Jiro finally learns the truth behind his origin. Cue cliffhanger.

Good episode. Why couldn't Aikawa write E7AO like this? :(

Seeing the young Jiro flashback again and his Lovecraftian invisible monster form is so sweet. I just love the way that scene plays out. Scary, but yet somewhat grand and otherworldly. That reveal at the end though. I hope it's just the big bad being insane, and that they don't actually go in the direction of "multiple realities" with ours being the "right" one, because that would be the most boring way for this to end. Plus, parallel worlds is when Aikawa's writing always gets the weakest. Don't do it!

The Satomi in the HIgh Castle

I haven't been hyped for a KyoAni adaption for a long time.

However, after seeing the latest teaser pv for A Silent Voice it all changed (yeah I'm late). Holy crap does it look beautiful as well as the OST. The music from the pv really embodies the tone of the manga. Yeah I'm hyped.

javac

I haven't read the manga but it's highly regarded right? I don't care for KyoAni at all, but since it's a movie I might check it out...maybe. I'll might watch the PV when I get the chance.

I haven't read the manga but it's highly regarded right? I don't care for KyoAni at all, but since it's a movie I might check it out...maybe. I'll might watch the PV when I get the chance.

It's basically a story about redemption and its grounded in reality.

It deals with the topic of bullying and etc. If adapted well it will surely be a great movie.

pbayne

Its oddly paced at times as if the author wasn't quite sure how to deal with the subject matter at times but still good overall.

Itll be interesting how choose to Kyoani will adapt it.

javac

It's basically a story about redemption and its grounded in reality.

It deals with the topic of bullying and etc. If adapted well it will surely be a great movie.

Its oddly paced at times as if the author wasn't quite sure how to deal with the subject matter at times but still good overall.

Itll be interesting how choose to Kyoani will adapt it.

Thanks for the replies, I may check out the manga first, it was on my radar for some time after all!

Diamond is Unbreakable 09

tIDX4dS.jpg

get a feeling so complicated

Another fantastic episode. Echoes Act 2 is BY FAR the coolest Stand thus far and one of the coolest in the entire series. This has been such an amazing show that I don't know if my little fanboy heart will be able to handle the later stuff.

I have been waiting YEARS for this. Literal YEARS.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 9

Koichi's gone from "why is he in this show?" to "why isn't he in it more?" for me in record time.

javac

Fullmetal Alchemist - Blu-ray Ultimate Edition
Our Price: £124.99
Physical extras:
  • Unique packaging: Impressive replica of "The Gate" from Fullmetal Alchemist - made from Resin and limited to 970 in the world!
  • Artbook: 280 page large sized artwork artbook (26cm x 26cm) shipped along with the Gate in a custom mailing box.
  • Two Rigid Cases and digipacks containing the original full series, available on Blu-Ray in the UK for the first time. Each case contains 7 art cards from the series too making a total of 14 cards.
  • Pre-order bonus: Enrolment into the Amestris Army as a State Alchemist, with certificate for the buyer with their name and alchemist title as assigned by King Bradley showing their serial number for the release too. (Pre-order bonus offer concludes 1st October)

Runtime: 1,275 mins / 21.25 hours
Spoken Language: English, Japanese
Subtitles: English

On Disc Extras:
Episode Commentaries, The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside LookJapanese Commercial, L’Arc~en~Ciel ''Ready Steady Go'' Video, Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews, Textless Songs

PRICING NOTES:

SRP is £299.99

Our price from May 27th until July 5th is £124.99 + free shipping
From July 5th to release it will be £149.99 + free shipping

From release date onwards any remaining units will be £299.99 SRP with usual retailer discounts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That doesn't actually look like Arakawa's art?

phaze

Hope not the same staff because the one doing this PV is Kyoukai no Kanata director lol.

I fail to see a problem.

...So it's Persona 3?

im kidding. Mostly.

Well I'm not. Sounds like a perfect adaptation of source material.
---

As I'v been going through the movies recently (on 3rd), they're pretty bad but at least I can finally check the box called "experience this Persona thing" without subjecting myself to bane of my existence; ridiculously long, awful jrpgs.

Luloco

Imaishi needs to be stopped.

S2>S3>>S1

I've been waiting half a decade (which is short for this series) for animated Italian Food. I've always been waiting half a decade for animated Lost Children and Tower of Conviction arcs in Berserk. My expectations for these are at the complete opposite sides of the spectrum.

Cornbread78

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ep. 5-6
FY7IRCS.jpg
cYW6Aar.png

This show is pretty damn good, but man, does it have some serious emotional whiplash in its presentation. Edward getting beaten up by Al, was kinda funny, but t happens like a light switch. These episodes dug a little bit deeper into the lore of the world around them talking about the recent civil war when they were babies that took many families lives and painted alchemist's in a very negative light.

It was also good to see Winfry again. I'm sure she continues to play a small role as they go along. I just hope she doesn't get the "childhood friend" treatment that I expect them to give her since she has a good personality, same for gram. I hope we keep getting more and more tidbits of Edward and Al's backstory as they grow the world and lore of their mission to correct their wrongdoings when they were really young children....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 9:

All things considered that ended much better then I wold have imagined for all parties involved.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ep. 5-6
FY7IRCS.jpg
cYW6Aar.png

This show is pretty damn good, but man, does it have some serious emotional whiplash in its presentation. Edward getting beaten up by Al, was kinda funny, but t happens like a light switch. These episodes dug a little bit deeper into the lore of the world around them talking about the recent civil war when they were babies that took many families lives and painted alchemist's in a very negative light.

It was also good to see Winfry again. I'm sure she continues to play a small role as they go along. I just hope she doesn't get the "childhood friend" treatment that I expect them to give her since she has a good personality, same for gram. I hope we keep getting more and more tidbits of Edward and Al's backstory as they grow the world and lore of their mission to correct their wrongdoings when they were really young children....

Hope you are watching this dubbed!

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 21

I only started watching this show a few weeks ago, and somehow they've completely lost me. There's just too many characters in my opinion. The Jiro stuff at the end was cool though.

Ascheroth

I've been waiting half a decade (which is short for this series) for animated Italian Food. I've always been waiting half a decade for animated Lost Children and Tower of Conviction arcs in Berserk. My expectations for these are at the complete opposite sides of the spectrum.

Shit, we're already at this part?
Friday can't come soon enough.

Well I guess I can skip P3 the animation then! I'll pick up the game during the inevitable 'Vita is dying' PSN sale before they turn the lights out

Luluco 09

Huh, I didn't expect it to be Sex and Violence with Machspeed...but what else would it be, I guess. I liked Sex and Violence with Macspeed anyway but this was almost Teekyu levels of nonsense, Maybe I'm a sucker but I really like this show now and I want to see what the hell S4 will be like. Hopefully it involves more Lalaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom