• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Summer

Mob Psycho 100
BINAN KOUKOU CHIKYUU BOUEIBU LOVE! LOVE!
Cheer Danshi!!
KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV
Kimi no Na wa.
Koe no Katachi
Kizumonogatari II - Nekketsu-hen
Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito

javac

I should probably say, I asked Jeremy whilst he was sticking that up their wall'o licenses specifically if it was hitting BD, and he said something along the lines of "we hope so but don't quote us on that just yet".

Thanks for the info. It's the type of show that would benefit greatly from the BD treatment but it depends on what the committee allow I suppose.

Summer has more FFXV BroHood so its not a lose situation.

Also Cheer Boys, Battery, Servamp, Saiki Kusuo, Active Raid continuation, B project, Scared Rider Zechs, Puzzle & Dragons X, and Fudanshi make it a good season.

kewlmyc

I assume no one here is looking forward to Tales of Zestiria the X (what's with that title) or Danganronpa 3?

The plot to Zestiria was so much nothing, I figure all they can really do to it is improve it. Ufotable is doing the animation so at least it should look nice.

Danganronpa 3 is an odd one. It's the ending part of a trilogy of games, but instead of actually making it a game, they're making it an anime. And there's going to be 44 minutes of it a week, one part DR3, another part a prequel to DR2, a game that never got an animated adaption.

Im really looking forward to Handa-kun because the manga is hilarious.

DzuumBR.jpg

I just hope they competently adapt it because damn is it a solid manga.

Also looking forward to..

91 Days
Relife
DGrayMan
Sweetness and Lightning
Berserk
Mob Psycho
The Ancient Magus Bride

I assume no one here is looking forward to Tales of Zestiria the X (what's with that title) or Danganronpa 3?

The plot to Zestiria was so much nothing, I figure all they can really do to it is improve it. Ufotable is doing the animation so at least it should look nice.

Danganronpa 3 is an odd one. It's the ending part of a trilogy of games, but instead of actually making it a game, they're making it an anime. And there's going to be 44 minutes of it a week, one part DR3, another part a prequel to DR2, a game that never got an animated adaption.

I'll give it a shot depending on if its a recap of the game or continuation.

Girls und Panzer der Film

Didn't care that much about the drama but the battles were awesome again. Also felt national pride when polkka started playing and the Finnish team stated to kick ass lol (In reality though BT-42 was horrbile tank lol) . I don't know though was it intentional or not but it was pretty funny that all the names of Finnish crew were male names (maybe the staff thought that Aki and Mika are female names in finnish too like they are in japanese).

jediyoshi

Haifuri 8

9PcMytb.png

qRx5Yit.png

I'm glad they went with a more grounded explanation for the rats rather than them being supernatural or some complete mystery. I also like it now being treated like a virus that has to be contained per ship, has the stakes make sense in having to physically stop them and justifies there being combat at all.

Anime - Summer 2016

Voting for anticipated shows for the seasonal OP

Separated into TV Shows, Shorts, Movies, and OVA/ONA/Specials.

Reference: http://anichart.net/summer

Quote post to get voting form

Done! I had forgotten that Persona 5 was getting an OVA this season as well. Man I really need to start scrolling past the ending of the "Anime" section on Anichart and see all of the movies and OVAs for the season.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the odds are low that New Game will be at all as insightful as Shirobako but if it is even vaguely accurate it could be interesting...

Haifuri 8

http://i.imgur.com/9PcMytb.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qRx5Yit.png[img]

I'm glad they went with a more grounded explanation for the rats rather than them being supernatural or some complete mystery. I also like it now being treated like a virus that has to be contained per ship, has the stakes make sense in having to physically stop them and justifies there being combat at all.[/QUOTE]

Nothing justifies mind controlling rats.

Eumi

Wait, the Danganronpa episodes are 44 minutes? Christ, I was hoping to duffer through it just to finish of the story but I dunno if I can handle nearly an hours worth of crap a week.

V3 will save us, I hope. I pray.

And I just knew the anime would never be able to give this face justice
Horikoshi draws the best damn Hands

Not giving it justice is putting it lightly. Horikoshi's art is really good and the anime fails to give it any sort of bearing.

Weak.
Admittedly I've watched Wing in two distinct halves, 19 and then 30 episodes and I don't recall the first all that much but from what I remember, it really doesn't get proper silly until after ~#25 episode mark

It's fucking bad. Like I said, I can handle bad shows but not ones that actively piss me off. And Wing pisses me off.

Like I said before, My Hero Academia is the weakest shonen series this season. It airs right next to Diamond is Unbreakable, that's pretty sad. It seems like MHA has fallen into favor with the crowd who liked Naruto and Bleach 10 years ago, but at least MHA is better then those ever were (except Bakugou)

The last chapter was pretty good though, but the manga has to be embarrassed being released at the same time as Hunter x Hunter. JoJo on one side, HxH on the other. You just can't win, MHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom