• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hundred may be the breaking point of AnimeGAF, as we are sucked into a vortex and emerge on the other side on the MyAnimeList forums.

Not as long as a mecha fan like myself sticks around and continues to promote good shows.

Watch Giant Robo, Shin Mazinger Z, Eureka Seven, Getter Robo Armageddon, G Gundam, Majin Bone, etc. etc.

Majin Bone isn't mecha, but I'll put in this post anyway as a plea for you all to watch reminder that you should all be watching Majin Bone as it's the best show that nobody watches.

KanameYuuki

So ろん is singing GomaChan's opening, thank God I decided to take a look at it, she is one of my favorite singers, I hope she starts to get spotlight just like Claris did.

Cornbread78

Woah, just took in that Re:Zero is 25eps long. 1 hour intro, 2-cour... White Fox is going all out.

I'm down. I'm a sucker for these fantasy worlds.

I know, I know. It's not a priority right now, plus I'm trying to rewatch a couple of things alongside the new premieres in preparation for Concrete Revolutio Last Song.

You can rest assured that I will not watch Angel Beats.
;)

Little Busters, not Angel Beats ( both are really good though, lol)

Hundred may be the breaking point of AnimeGAF, as we are sucked into a vortex and emerge on the other side on the MyAnimeList forums.

We all need a little Hundred in our lives. It's great that we get Hundred instead of Calvary and still Asterix this season

Gvitor

Joker Game 01

Meh. Too much convoluted stuff not presented well, imo. Some stuff along the middle was okayish, but overall I didn't care. Dropped.

Bakuon 01

I don't really know why I decided to watch this. Dropped 5min in when the girl did motorcycle sounds.

Joker Game 01

A little slow at the start, giving us exposition. I thought it was really cool, and I dug the whole atmosphere coming off of the agents. I do find the lead a bit annoying, he's one of those thick headed patriots that believe in nothing but that their country is the greatest. The ending of that episode however was what grabbed me and I'm curious to watch more. The name of the show is Joker Game, and we saw it happen twice in this episode. I'm imagining the show having a lot of deceiving stuff going on, with unexpected turns. I can fucks with that.

Hamst3r

I'm up to the Buu Saga of DBZ, and little things keep changing about the videos on Funimation. The latest change is that it's now using the Bruce Faulconer music. It was all original score in DB, and original score in DBZ all the way up until episode 195, then suddenly, it became like Looney Tunes Z. Everything has a music cue now. The music changes styles depending on which character is talking, and the music never quits, it's wall-to-wall. It's weird.

Also finished Gintama°. Good stuff overall, but that last arc wasn't really as impactful or emotional as I was hoping it would be. It also seemed like
they just sorta flew away at the end? Did I miss something? Odd Jobs and friends are in the airship, they're being pursued by Yoro, they get hit with cannon fire as whatshisname falls to his death, and...they get away? They didn't show any of that. How'd they get away? Did Yoro just give up? No one's interested in pursuing them after all that?
I guess that just seems weird to me. Like a huge chunk of info is missing.

jonjonaug

I watched the first episode of Luluco and Imaishi's back. I'm so happy. ;_;

KOTETSUSHIN JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG - 2

Yes yes yes yes yes yes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

This anime is good. Super robot anime is good. Please watch good super robot anime.

Seconding this opinion. Jeeg got incredibly overlooked because it had the misfortune to air in the same season as Gurren Lagann, but it's a great show. Only gets better as it goes along too, the last two episodes are some amazing stuff.

My Love Story 1-4

I probably have the dumbest smile on my face every second I'm watching this, it's fucking great.

In the end I couldn't stomach any more of the drama in SNAFU so I moved onto this, really glad that I did.

Seconding this opinion. Jeeg got incredibly overlooked because it had the misfortune to air in the same season as Gurren Lagann, but it's a great show. Only gets better as it goes along too, the last two episodes are some amazing stuff.

I think I've seen a few glimpses of what happens near the end due to a screencap and some footage I saw in AMVs, and I have to say I'm super hyped.

Mecha shows like this are great.

Cornbread78

Sankarea ep.1-2
Now this is some weird shit. So the dude only likes zombie chicks (that don't exist) but he comes from a very normal family background and has a super hot cousin that digs him.
The main girl is nearly perfect, but has a perverted creepy, over protective father that takes a nude picture of her every year on her birthday and tries to keep everyone away from her. She’s so distraught that she
drinks a potion to reincarnate herself a.k.a turn into a zombie
This is some messed it up stuff in just the first two episodes...

Quasar

Sankarea ep.1-2
Now this is some weird shit. So the dude only likes zombie chicks (that don't exist) but he comes from a very normal family background and has a super hot cousin that digs him.
The main girl is nearly perfect, but has a perverted creepy, over protective father that takes a nude picture of her every year on her birthday and tries to keep everyone away from her. She’s so distraught that she
drinks a potion to reincarnate herself a.k.a turn into a zombie
This is some messed it up stuff in just the first two episodes...

Yeah. Its weird.

Cornbread78

My Love Story 1-4
I probably have the dumbest smile on my face every second I'm watching this, it's fucking great.
In the end I couldn't stomach any more of the drama in SNAFU so I moved onto this, really glad that I did.

That dumb smile won't leave your face the entire time either. It's super sticky sweet and avoids any kind of drama 95% of the time.

What do you guys use to keep track of your animes? I just found out about hummingbird and while its more visually appealing its not as responsive as Myanimelist so I'm just going to keep using that instead. hummingbird is so slow that i change my avatar and it just stays processing, I tried to go from the smilie rating to stars and it won't switch cause it just sits there loading, anime recommendations don't show up... its like that site is completely broken. i even turned off my browser plugins and it still extremely slow. don't know why anyone would use it over MAL

My Love Story 1-4

i want more animes like this. its so goofy and cliche but it has its own charm to it, plus like you, it keeps me smiling.

What do you guys use to keep track of your animes? I just found out about hummingbird and while its more visually appealing its not as responsive as Myanimelist so I'm just going to keep using that instead. hummingbird is so slow that i change my avatar and it just stays processing, I tried to go from the smilie rating to stars and it won't switch cause it just sits there loading, anime recommendations don't show up... its like that site is completely broken. i even turned off my browser plugins and it still extremely slow. don't know why anyone would use it over MAL

I use Pocket MAL on my phone, connected to my MyAnimeList's account.

Clov

I use Hummingbird. Used to use MAL but it was slow on updating the total time of anime that I watched. Sometimes I think that it would be nice to go back to MAL, but I don't think it would let me import my Hummingbird list, and I don't want to start everything over with the amount of anime I've watched. Would take way too long.

Narag

Tuck

Joke Game - 1
Damn, that was a good ending. Rest of the episode was a bit slow, but overall engaging. I like the setting.

Kagewani S1: End

KmYWOHT.jpg
pjMw6Uy.jpg

Absolutely breathtaking visuals accompanied by a group of fantastically written horror shorts dealing with monstrous creatures that all tied neatly together in a theme at the end. I wasn't left yearning for more, but a second season is welcome. Shame I didn't watch it when it aired as I could have voted for it in the season/year.

Will watch the other horror show Narag mentioned, I'll probably wait till closer to end of season before I binge watch the second season of Kagewani, since it wouldn't take long to do so.

I'll give it 9/10 Woofs, highly recommended and it has the seal of approval.

Narag

Kagewani S1: End

Absolutely breathtaking visuals accompanied by a group of fantastically written horror shorts dealing with monstrous creatures that all tied neatly together in a theme at the end. I wasn't left yearning for more, but a second season is welcome. Shame I didn't watch it when it aired as I could have voted for it in the season/year.

Will watch the other horror show Narag mentioned, I'll probably wait till closer to end of season before I binge watch the second season of Kagewani, since it wouldn't take long to do so.

I'll give it 9/10 Woofs, highly recommended and it has the seal of approval.

Yeah the announcement for S2 came out of left field but the first ep picked up where it left off so here's hoping it doesn't fucking suck. animeeeeeeeeeee

Hummingbird is the microsoft zune of online anime tracking websites. One is better off sticking with mal as its legacy and support imply it will be around for the long haul and has an strong database for both anime and manga.

Animeplanet and ann are both alternative options.

Keeping a google docs sheet is also viable if youre a spreadsheet mastermind and detail oriented it could be the best service.

Jintor

Wow, why I didn't keep up on this news. It turns out Emi Nitta, the seiyuu for Love's Live Honoka was accused of doing AV.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...voice-actress-appeared-in-adult-video/.100664

The av pics in question......yeah even if the agency denied the moles on her body, her teeth structure is exactly the same which nobody can deny. Sad to see her career is gonna get killed off even if the rumors weren't true.

idol culture

right after the final concert too. jesus.

keffri

As someone who just recently go into anime it feels overwhelming trying to keep up with everything.

I want to watch all the great shows from the past, but I also want to keep up with what's current.

So much to watch but so little time.
1x

Joker Game 1
It was a nice opener, but it remains to be seen whether they can establish the characters needed to keep this compelling. Naive narrators and smirking mystery men won't cut it for long.

Cool, any difference between the two series?

Yes, the 1999 and 2011 have big differences in presentation. The 1999 is easily superior from the beginning up through the Heavens Arena arc, taking a much more sensitive character-focused approach than the 2011's rather standard adaptation of the same material. The following Yorkshin arc has good qualities in both versions. The 1999 version only covers Greed Island in some mediocre OVAs and doesn't cover the Chimera Ant or Election arcs at all, so if you're interested in those 2011 is your only option.

Cool, any difference between the two series?

The 1999 version from what I understand does a better job than the 2011 version regarding the first two arcs.

Everything after that, the 2011 version does better. I haven't heard anyone mention how the 1999 version of the subsequent arcs is better than the ones in the 2011 version.

EDIT: What hosanna said as well.

Fantastic Children 15

As the show pulls back on the curtains on its central mysteries, I unfortunately feel my interest slipping away. It feels like the writing is getting clunkier in how it's delivering its exposition. I still can't bring myself to care about Greecia and am a bit loath to see how Thoma is going to be brought into this. There were some really pleasant backgrounds this episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom