• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister and I agreed that I would pick a harem show for her to watch, and she would pick a reverse-harem show for me to watch. We thought it would be fun. It was a terrible mistake.

Knowing there is a vast array of shitty harem shows I could have thrown at her, I had mercy and chose Absolute Duo. Mercy is not in her vocabulary. I had to watch Diabolik Lovers. In one sitting.

It was the most disgusting and off-putting show I've ever seen. Not because it's a reverse-harem, but because it's about a half dozen or so vampires mercilessly physically and mentally abusing a dumb, helpless girl. That's ALL it is about. That's almost literally all that is contained in this anime. Most of the episodes go like this: The stupid girl wanders into a room, one of the vampires drowns/chokes/etc. her while calling her livestock/bitch-chan/etc., then she wanders into another room for another of the vampires to degrade her, and then it all happens AGAIN to top off the episode.

I kept expecting one of the vampires to show some remorse for how they treat her, or try to fight their bloodlust, but no. All of the male characters have identical personalities: egotistical, sadistic, 2cool4school, possessive dickbags without a speck of humanity. There is no character development, nor is there even a hint of a plot until the last few episodes. It's a continuous barrage of rape scenes, essentially. My mood never changed from a mixture of annoyance, disgust, and frustration. Keep this garbage in the hentai section. Don't try to pretend it has any value whatsoever besides spank material for people with an S&M fetish.

Diabolik Lovers is, forget anime, one of the most disgusting things to come from motion picture technology I've ever seen. Fuck this shit, fuck the visual novel it's based on, fuck whatever studio made this, fuck my sister for making me watch it, and fuck you. fuck

But DiaLover is really good, Ayato Yours Truly Sakamaki is the best one for pancake. Raito is good too. Also Mr Sadistic Night is a great song and the engdub is one of sentais best.

The lead is best in the genre, strong independent and very faithful to her faith. The antagonist, Cordelia is well done too. Its rare that we get series with both strong male and strong femchars.

I rewatch every now and then. I wish you could have liked it.

PKrockin

I've only got this to say about the three "best friend" characters

wkUUSNI.jpg

dZNHMcR.jpg

mjTCGgw.jpg

phaze

I think I'm just gonna stick with the current shows I've got. I plan on checking out Sakamoto and Flying Witch, but other than that I need to continue igniting my mecha soul with KOTETSUSHIN JEEEEEEEEG, Turn A Gundam, Big O, and New Getter Robo.
What happened to watching Escaflowne anyway ? 2shoujo5you ?

Fantastic Children 15

I still can't bring myself to care about Greecia and am a bit loath to see how Thoma is going to be brought into this.

Well you better brace yourself cause that's an extensive flashback sequence.

A show that starts good and just degrade as it went along IMO.

Everton sucks.

Ask and thou shalt receive

Defuser

According to chinese official stream site, Sousei no Onmyouji is 4 cour show.
http://i.imgur.com/L9oHWfN.jpg

I don't seem to see any that say it's 4 cour.

Damn. This one is ony watch list too. 4 cours is a long time to follow. I wish Heavy Object and Gate got that.

4 cours is a alarming sign because it's gonna be filler and because it's pierrot we know the filler will be utter shit. Naruto suffers,Bleach suffers,Beelzebub suffers. No doubt this will suffer.

Cornbread78

4 cours is a alarming sign because it's gonna be filler and because it's pierrot we know the filler will be utter shit. Naruto suffers,Bleach suffers,Beelzebub suffers. No doubt this will suffer.

Damn, I wasn't thinking of it like that. Is there enough source material for 4 full cours without the filler?

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists - 01

This was better then I expected. It looks good, the comedy is on point, has good faces, and the action was pretty neat. Rokudo and Benio already have some fun dynamics.
I love the visuals for Magano and the creature designs.

Although I'm a bit worried if it's truly going to be 4 cours, but I'll stay cautiously optimistic for now.

The mascot anime original character already sent off alarm signs that it would have the potential for anime original content, also was the first episode even 100% follow the manga.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Damn, I wasn't thinking of it like that. Is there enough source material for 4 full cours without the filler?

There's an anime original character, so it won't be 100% following manga contents. Could be good though... maybe, seeing the director past work not really giving me confidence...

Joker Game 1

Well, this one started out great. A spy playing a game to out spy each other is great. And of course poor military dude will receive the end of the stick.

For those that have watched kagewani answer me this: on the episode with the mountain climber, when she finds the body shouldn't it be largely composed/maintained due to the cold ass weather and very low temperatures? I recall it it being largely a skeleton. We've seen plenty of instances in Mount everest of bodies maintaining frozen flesh and hair and being used as landmarks.

Jintor

it's been like, what, 6 hours since the first day of the new term ended here in japan and the new middle school english textbook has new art

and

japanese twitter is MEMING THE SHIT OUT OF IT

top: old and busted
bottom: new hotness

For those that have watched kagewani answer me this: on the episode with the mountain climber, when she finds the body shouldn't it be largely composed/maintained due to the cold ass weather and very low temperatures? I recall it it being largely a skeleton. We've seen plenty of instances in Mount everest of bodies maintaining frozen flesh and hair and being used as landmarks.

It's certainly possible for a dead body to be well preserved in freezing conditions for a long time. The implication here, though, is that the monster that killed them devoured everything but the bones.

Mokoi

Banned
it's been like, what, 6 hours since the first day of the new term ended here in japan and the new middle school english textbook has new art
and
Jintor twitter is MEMING THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Don't lie we all know it's just you.

ReZero 1
Just jumping right into things i see. The second part made if seem kind of interesting, and I think it's ts nicely animated. Want to see more fight scenes for sure; however i get the feeling this dude is just going to die a lot because the writer said fuck lets make him suffer.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcist ep.1:
ou3pGrl.gif

vSFvQwk.gif

OK, that was best opening of anything I’ve watched so far this spring season, MHA was good, but this one was just a lot more exciting because it didn’t focus as much on background; more trial by fire approach. The MC, Rokuro is your typical HS dweeb, but there is something a little different about him where he is not a complete shut-in or introvert, he has a really high skill level but carries some burdens from prior bad experiences. Benio, the heroine is highly skilled, but is more of the introvert and doesn’t like to talk much. The conversations between the two were funny and entertaining and that battle at the end was damn good even when it takes your stereotypical turn
and Rokuro finally uses his power to protect Benio and demolishes that giant beast with his mutant arm
The background music was spot on and the tone was spot on and there was some funny comedy mixed in at the beginning of the episode. I wonder how close this was to the manga, but damn, that was good!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FUCKING A!

FUCKING A!

and

japanese twitter is MEMING THE SHIT OUT OF IT

I expect an anime next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom