• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-at

Steins;Gate - 1

If I knew this starred a crackpot wannabe scientist and a redhead I'd have checked this out sooner.

Welcome to the NHK - 16

Ah the age old
there are no girls on the internet
turned out to be true.

John Blade

I'm glad that you're enjoying Maison Ikkoku, I ended up getting the second Blu-ray set so I'm going to watch it when I get the chance, probably after this. In all honesty, I think that you should post your impressions in this thread whenever you get the chance. Not only would I enjoy reading the impressions but many others would too and I think by doing so you might inspire others to check out the shows and vice-versa. For example, even though my posts on Takarajima didn't encourage anyone in here to watch it, I'd like to think my Cobra posts did and even if they didn't I still enjoyed posting about them, because the show was fun. Even-though everyone is watching the current crop of shows, you do get people posting about older shows too very often in this thread, Junkers Come Here is on this very page for example and it's a great film.

You post more often in here and I will too, promise =)

Thanks for the response. I will try to post more but as of now, work is kinda slow me down here and my last impression, I don't feel to write a long impression of Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino which is an okay show but isn't as great like the original show. Did post a quick impression of Maison Ikkoku for Ep 01 to 06 of what I feel during this part of the show.

I manage to got myself a custom blu-ray package for the 1st half of the show which basically someone took the blu-ray of the original release, add subtitle and original Eng dub for the show. Watching it this way and liking it so far. I do own the original DVD release but kinda don't want to open it right now. I do hope to finish this show but how big it's and other show I am going to watch, I betting it might take a while to get it done.

Cornbread78

Steins;Gate - 1

If I knew this starred a crackpot wannabe scientist and a redhead I'd have checked this out sooner.

Quite the treat you are in for. Just do yourselfa favor and stay away from AquaWateria's posts as he finishes up the series.

Man, just came across the Fairy Tail OST. I need to continue watching it. Time to purge the 20 shows I'm watching right now and focus on Brotherhood, Fairy Tail, Katanagatari, Vision of Escaflowne, G Gundam and the simulcast shows.

Space Adventure Cobra 8-12
download.png

"I'd really like to have sex with a tall woman. I mean really tall, like a giant."

Well that arc came to a pretty abrupt end. Gotta be honest, after following Crystal Bowie/Boy, Sandra felt like a pretty limp villain.

Clov

There was an anime classics release a few years ago which has some early 1900s anime which are in B&W, silent or originally intended to be viewed with live narration.

I remember hearing about that! I might give a few of those a watch at some point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
motocross bikes get quite dirty
No more cleaning scenes please~

---

So the most frustrating part of Macross Delta remains the Russian Space Nazis. On the one hand they're supposed to be sympathetic because of this massive void thing on their planet, but the problem is that they did it to themselves and all their actions seem to be based on completely irrational racism - particularly the douchebag with the red hair. So why should I care? Have the Giant Macross fly into space and shoot some Death Star lasers at Windamere and blow it up and nothing would be lost.

And it seems like this is building toward a "This was all a big misunderstanding let's sing together and harmonize our fold powers to save the universe!" ending, which would be fine except that it just makes the entire conflict seem pointless particularly when this plot literally involves the syfy version of a "fluoride in the water" conspiracy.

I dunno. At least the songs are good. But I find it weird that I think I like Frontier more than Delta at this point.

Oh yeah, and this is absolutely ridiculous. lol
m93O9ANl.jpg

Walkure Engineer 1: So, Mikumo hates tying up her hair.
Engineer 2: Why is that a problem?
Engineer 1: Well, the entire team has to go underwater and we need to find a way to design a helmet just for her that allows her to not drown but also let her hair out.
Engineer 2: Maybe I should have gotten that Liberal Arts degree after all.

javac

Space Adventure Cobra 8-12

Well that arc came to a pretty abrupt end. Gotta be honest, after following Crystal Bowie/Boy, Sandra felt like a pretty limp villain.

You're getting close to the real good stuff, seriously the next few episodes are going to blow your fucking mind.

Harmony

Wow I could really use a hug about now.

Otherwise yea I enjoyed this. I do find it strange that so many people in this world seem to be okay with some program that's basically rooted itself to their very subconscious being and can fuck with their free will not to mention it recording everything in their lives and what they see. Just think someone can pull up a recording or her spanking it, taking a dump or eating those doritos off the floor. That said I did love the augmented reality tech.

I'll also echo dresden in mentioning I had issue with the program knowing so much about them yet can't figure out when they're about or having a fucking mental breakdown. Also the the whole thing about
Micah being raped as part of her backstory ticked me off a bit because too many fucking stories in 'deep' anime have that as part of a female character's tragic backstory as if that makes the character more interesting or something. Her just being fucked up by the horrors of war would have been enough.

Searching for Re:Zero merch has led me down a deep and dark dakimakura-shaped rabbit hole. I just wanted a poster of Ram and Rem. I did debate buying this for like 2 real-time seconds until my brain started functioning again. Dodged that bullet.

Props to the merch industry for making so many naked pillowcases for so cheap, I guess?

This season is really good. There aren't any 5 star AOTY shows this season but there are a surprisingly large number of 3 or 4 star "pretty good" to "pretty great" series. Even a lot of bad shows that are entertaining to watch car crash. I'm watching a hell of a lot this season. Re:Zero and Jojo are vying for top spot; Jojo's direction is fucking excellent and fun to watch and Re:Zero is competent and written well enough to escape the LN quagmire that those shows get dragged into, dodging it's problems left and right by excelling in it's good areas. Just both very very good shows.

Aki-at

Quite the treat you are in for. Just do yourselfa favor and stay away from AquaWateria's posts as he finishes up the series.

I noticed someone posted it but I quickly glanced away without reading who it was, thanks for the heads up!

Always heard great things about it and I love me time travel stories but for some reason I thought it was going to be deadly serious without such an eccentric lead.

Crocodile

Weekend Anime in Review (that I've gotten a chance to see)

Luluco 9

Sex, Violence and Machspeed is terrible and thus cross-overs are terrible. A weak end to a strong "season". Let's see what the next season holds.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - DIU 9

Koichi is a strong supporting characters is this arc. I'm getting the sense there are more Acts to this play too if you catch me drift. Apparenlt next episode adapts some super hype chapters so lets see if the show delivers.

Kiviniazer 8

combofiend-o.gif

Chidori got WWWWRRRRREEEEECCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEEEEDDDDDD

Interesting video I came across: 10 Best Things Happening In Anime This Decade
10 - Twitter (Social Media in general)
9 -Film and Web serials
8 - New Release Schdule Experiments (Monogatari and Gundam being prime examples)
7- Digital Effects
6 - Remakes
5 - Anime Studio Diaspora
4 - Japan Animator Expo
3 - Young Animator Training Project
2- Crowdfunding
1 - Online Streaming

javac

I'll probably watch it in the next few days, I love the TV series and I know you do too so hearing your very positive impressions on the film has me very excited. I'm a big Dezaki fan, love all of his work. If the movie doesn't have any postcard memories however I'll have to deduct a point :p

Steins Gate 22

Lol
Kurisu actually kissed Okabe. So they finally expressed their feelings to each other.

Seriously though this episode was depressing as fuck.
Everyone will forget Kurisu but Okabe will be the only one to remember her. Poor Okabe has been through some tough shit with Mayuri's repeated deaths and Kurisu's incoming death.

LMAO ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WITH THAT END CREDIT?
Okabe has to deal with WWlll after dealing with Mayuri's multiple deaths, Kurisu's death, and Sern's bullshit.
Yeah apparently the World fucking hates Okabe's guts.

Cornbread78

Crescent Love ep.4
episode%204%20-%2003.jpg

Lol at all the Indiana Jones parodies in the episode. His dad sounds like a fun guy. Too bad, he is gonna be pissed when he comes home now, lol. This was a straight up comedic episode, but I love it for that. Good stuff.

Narag

Space Battleship Yamato 9

Little in the way of interesting visual comparisons this ep. Guessing the Goer character, the mist monster, and maybe the sun were elements I'm not yet to that were rolled into the sinking of the Shultz fleet in order to expedite the action and to free up the character time that 2199 is so good at.

duckroll

m93O9ANl.jpg

Engineer 1: Well, the entire team has to go underwater and we need to find a way to design a helmet just for her that allows her to not drown but also let her hair out.

This is amazing!!!

blurr

Steins Gate 22

Lol
Kurisu actually kissed Okabe. So they finally expressed their feelings to each other.

Seriously though this episode was depressing as fuck.
Everyone will forget Kurisu but Okabe will be the only one to remember her. Poor Okabe has been through some tough shit with Mayuri's repeated deaths and Kurisu's incoming death.

LMAO ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WITH THAT END CREDIT?
Okabe has to deal with WWlll after dealing with Mayuri's multiple deaths, Kurisu's death, and Sern's bullshit.
Yeah apparently the World fucking hates Okabe's guts.

The ED hits hard during these moments.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Boy and the Beast
bts_lina.gif
Currently shipping Kyuuta and Kaede so fucking hard.
bts_lina.gif

Just T

Bakuon: 9

Such a mystery Raimu is. As for that performance, guess it was creative thinking on their part since they couldn't bring their bikes but still wanted to mute it, the rant too.

ReZero: 9

Whew what an episode, got some answers and those Rem scenes were dope. Subaru might be fine this time though, he got some bites but they ain't fucked him up like they could have, maybe he just passed out.

Ajin: 1

Also started this, not bad so far.

zulux21

those who are fans of any of the following prepare to be a little sad.

Bounen no Xamdou opening
Kiznaiver opening
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn ending 5

Masayuki Nakano, bassist for the band Boom Boom Satellites, announced on the band's official website on Tuesday that the band's "Lay Your Hands On Me" EP release will be their last work, as vocalist/guitarist Michiyuki Kawashima (top in image right) is suffering from partial paralysis as an after-effect of his fourth brain tumor relapse.

boom boom satellites to call it quits after Kiznaiver opening EP releases.

Narag

Space Battleship Yamato 10

I didn't realize the communicating with Earth & party episode was from the original show either. Felt like something that 2199 would have added in for the sake of characterization. It's a much needed ep as stuff has kept happening nonstop for 9 straight eps and we were due a breather. It also helps with rounding out the crew. The original show suffers from "bridge crew syndrome" as firehawk said to me and up until now even they haven't been given much in the way of characterization with that being the exclusive realm of Okita and Kodai until now. Amusingly, those two are still in their own isolated sphere in this episode as they have the mutual tragedy of no family left to call home. Both just wander the ship while everyone's celebrating or waiting to call their loved ones with Okita finally returning to his cabin and waiting for Kodai to seek him out so they could celebrate in their own way. While he's wandering the ship, Kodai kept dodging his turn to call home. He's finally cornered by Yuki when he's the last one and he plays along, going to sit in the communicator room for the allotted time to placate her. She follows him upon realizing she didn't give him instructions, watches him sit there, and then wonders why he doesn't call home. Realization sets in and she's visibly upset at the truth of the matter. Kodai couldn't tell anyone because no one else could understand, except for Okita.

Narag

m93O9ANl.jpg

eldirtch space goddess/idol singer at work

Gundam Build Fighters 17

This was kind of like the Fellini battle, only worse. I still don't like Mao's voice acting. At any rate, next episode looks like it could be good.

If I squint at this hard enough, can I pretend it's a Yona of the Dawn movie?

Heh. Fortunately we have an actual Yona of the Dawn OVA on the way!

Gundam Build Fighters 17

This was kind of like the Fellini battle, only worse. I still don't like Mao's voice acting. At any rate, next episode looks like it could be good.

Heh. Fortunately we have an actual Yona of the Dawn OVA on the way!

The Fellini battle and Bloodhounds are probably the two best fights in the whole series

Line_HTX

Fuck... I love the Kiznaiver OP so much because it compliments the visuals and its spinning patterns, but hearing this just breaks my heart. I feel real gloomy from this as if the song and the character's sad emotions jumped out and hit me...

T__T

Who will be the first to share animegaf on facebook?

HA! Too bad I stopped using Facebook altogether.

Defuser

*Looks at JP dub info for Overwatch waifus*

TRACER - Emiri Kato
WIDOWMAKER - Shizuka Ito
PHARAH - Romi Park
MEI - Lynn
D.VA - Risa Taneda
SYMMETRA - Hitomi Nabatame
MERCY - Sayaka Ohara

...oh my...

Defuser

who is reaper

For the husbandos

GENJI - Yoshihisa Kawahara
HANZO - Shuhei Sakaguchi
SOLDIER 76 - Toru Okawa
WINSTON- Atsushi Imaruoka
REAPER - Ryota Takeuchi
McCREE - Jurota Kosugi
JUNKRAT - Hiroki Goto
TORBJÖRN - Binbin Takaoka
REINHARDT - Kenji Nomura
ROADHOG - Naomi Kusumi
ZENYATTA - Mammoth Nishio
LÚCIO - Kazuyuki Okitsu

Strangely they drop the ball for casting the guys. I thought that would be at least one popular male seiyuu like Sugita or Kamiya.etc

Line_HTX

*Looks at JP dub info for Overwatch waifus*

TRACER - Emiri Kato
WIDOWMAKER - Shizuka Ito
PHARAH - Romi Park
MEI - Lynn
D.VA - Risa Taneda
SYMMETRA - Hitomi Nabatame
MERCY - Sayaka Ohara

...oh my...

Looks like I found the three characters I'll be using the most.

I'm picturing JP D.Va as Rory Mercury, aaaAAAaaa

What do Genji and Hanzo say when they ult in the JP dub

Hanzo should still be the same, I think.

Ryuu ga waga teki I hate this fucking ult.

Gundam Build Fighters 18

Now this was a real battle. I liked the back-and-forth of strategy that defined the fight between the Renaldos and the Meijin; it's exactly the sort of thing that gets me interested in fighting, and it was backed up by solid visual execution. It's nice to see Yuuki/Meijin in a fight where he has to struggle to come out on top.

I wonder what the fallout will be when Reiji finally realizes who the girl he likes really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom