• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Fullmetal Alchemist; B ep. 10
gGRBxr2.jpg

Dammit. WTF. I was not expecting THAT to happen so suddenly and they had the balls to
kill off one of my favorite characters up to this point
uggh, I hope they kill that group a long hard painful and grueling death. That's not right at all man, not right at all..

blurr

Idolm@ster CG S2 01

More Producer-san shenanigans but wait hot Senior Executive from New York, she must've been an Idol at some point. The serious business woman personality in an atmosphere full of peppiness made for an interesting encounter and by the end of the episode, her presence had come to fruition.

But no worries we have a...

SHIMAMURA UZUKI DESU GAMBARIMASU

On another note, I get the feeling I'm being overly analytical as I watch the show, there's nothing much to dislike about it but there are moments it gets very good. It's just that a character drama of any degree triggers me to expect something very realistic, it has become a habit at this point. Maybe that's okay.

Dammit. WTF. I was not expecting THAT to happen so suddenly and they had the balls to
uggh, I hope they kill that group a long hard painful and grueling death. That's not right at all man, not right at all..

Oh boy.

Heroes never die.

for a price

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #9

Okay that was an awesome episode. They're still doing things out of order, but they nailed everything regardless. The truth behind the Hinatsuki tragedy, Rokuros anger and
Benios brother reveal
were great.
Whoever was responsible for the sound direction this episode was spot on as well.

Tuck

gGRBxr2.jpg

Oh good, you're at the point where Brotherhood stops being bad.

Aki-at

gGRBxr2.jpg

I've not gone that far but
Hughes death always got me in the original series, the original gave me so much feels between him and Nina :(

Cornbread78

Oh good, you're at the point where Brotherhood stops being bad.

Oh damn, so it keeps getting better then?

I've not gone that far but
Hughes death always got me in the original series, the original gave me so much feels between him and Nina :(

Yeah, that was not nice.... A couple of the characters are just so-so to this point, but I liked his personality....

It's summer finally which means its time to rewatch one of my favorite summer animes ever:

ano-natsu-de-matteru-season-2-1109439.jpg

The OVA was just released recently too and I haven't seen it either so I'm hype as fuck.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
gGRBxr2.jpg

It's a terrible day for rain

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh hey a new thing that looks KEY as fuck hmmmmmmm

Ninja Slayer season 2 is ready to YEART its way into my heart all over again.

Probably just announcing Kiznaiver is 2 cours though.

I always find it weird they don't announce how long something is in advance. But assuming they're planning to have arcs for everyone, I don't know how it wouldn't be 2 cours.

The Devil is a Part-Timer - 01-13

I always like finding good shows that I somehow missed over the years, but at the same time I would've loved to watch it while it was airing.

Anyways I really enjoyed this anime and it has kept me grinning/smiling like an idiot for atleast a good 9 episodes. During the ending when the "drama" picked up I felt is where the show was its weakest but it still pulled itself back up with the comedy sprinkled in during said "intense" fight sequences.

As such I really look forward to sequel but I don't think it'll be coming as it's already been 3 years since it ended. Sad life is sad.

Meesh

The Devil is a Part-Timer - 01-13

I always like finding good shows that I somehow missed over the years, but at the same time I would've loved to watch it while it was airing.

Anyways I really enjoyed this anime and it has kept me grinning/smiling like an idiot for atleast a good 9 episodes. During the ending when the "drama" picked up I felt is where the show was its weakest but it still pulled itself back up with the comedy sprinkled in during said "intense" fight sequences.

As such I really look forward to sequel but I don't think it'll be coming as it's already been 3 years since it ended. Sad life is sad.
Absolutely!!! After it was all over I couldn't stop looking for anime that had similar slice of life type qualities with action and obligatory love interests...of the recent ones I stumbled across the best I could do was Ben-to. I recommend at least looking at it as it scratches the itch for action, comedy, love troubles :)

As a side note about Ben-to, part of what drew me to this anime was the fierce battling for 1/2 price lunch. Believe it or not, when I was in my early teens my family was a little financially depressed and would go to the Supermarket (Canadian Superstore) early to "raid" the discount bin. Now this was actually a bit of a contest as you had to be early, assertive in your line position, and damn quick enough to race the other shoppers to get the best deals. There was definitely a little "jostling" between you and the others to get the goods. Lol So we "did the bins" on a regular basis this way, often times friending or despising some shoppers, sometimes sharing the spoils. Anyways... A small nugget of my early teens, helping my mom like this, loosely reminds me of Ben-to. Only...Ben-to is way more fun lol.
Edit: and of course Ben-to is way more martial artsy ;)

It's summer finally which means its time to rewatch one of my favorite summer animes ever:

ano-natsu-de-matteru-season-2-1109439.jpg

The OVA was just released recently too and I haven't seen it either so I'm hype as fuck.

Would love to re-watch it. I still have my DVD collection sealed up. Hell... I didn't even know there was a Blu-Ray version. I'd still love a Blu-Ray version of Onegai Teacher too :).

Absolutely!!! After it was all over I couldn't stop looking for anime that had similar slice of life type qualities with action and obligatory love interests...of the recent ones I stumbled across the best I could do was Ben-to. I recommend at least looking at it as it scratches the itch for action, comedy, love troubles :)

As a side note about Ben-to, part of what drew me to this anime was the fierce battling for 1/2 price lunch. Believe it or not, when I was in my early teens my family was a little financially depressed and would go to the Supermarket (Canadian Superstore) early to "raid" the discount bin. Now this was actually a bit of a contest as you had to be early, assertive in your line position, and damn quick enough to race the other shoppers to get the best deals. There was definitely a little "jostling" between you and the others to get the goods. Lol So we "did the bins" on a regular basis this way, often times friending or despising some shoppers, sometimes sharing the spoils. Anyways... A small nugget of my early teens, helping my mom like this, loosely reminds me of Ben-to. Only...Ben-to is way more fun lol.
Edit: and of course Ben-to is way more martial artsy ;)

"Struggle is real" and comedy thrown in it is pretty much why I enjoyed Devil is a Part-Timer so much that I binged it last night, the complete relation to the characters struggling with minimum wage and saving up plus the comedy thrown in was great akin to reminding me of Daily Lives of High School Boys. But thanks for the recommendation, will definitely check out Ben-To.

Charlotte was an "original" story by Maeda, but ReWrite is one of their best VN's (from various online sources, lol) and Maeda is only doing the music, which he is amazing at.

Maeda needs to stop doing 12-episode anime and having his ideas completely ruined by pacing ala Angel Beats with forced romances and Charlotte with forced wrap up in the last episode.

TrueBlue

Yuki Yuna Episodes 8 - 12

Hmm.

I had been warned about the ending, and I agree that the show didn't really stick the landing. It all feels a little too neat and tidy, while at the same time feeling strangely anticlimactic. I dunno.

Like, how did Togo find out that she was a hero beforehand? Why do the actions of Yuna heal Sonoko? Hell, why did they heal anyone?

Not horrific by any means, but the final third was a little disappointing after the second third.

Togo still da best, even if the last episodes made that difficult. :lol

Clov

RightStuf and Sunrise's next Gundam releases are BDs of Build Fighters TRY and Char's Counterattack. I remember enjoying Char's Counterattack when I watched it years ago, but it seems to have a pretty bad reputation in the fanbase. I should probably give it another watch to see if I still like it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom