• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flowers of Evil 03

UJ9bCSr.png
rfH7Us4.jpg
1gLKAcW.jpg

Wondering how long this is going to take before it escalates into murder.

Cornbread78

Katanagatari ep.5
Excellent episode. Togame got wrecked when she found out about the whole "cheerio" phrase being wrong the whole time. Speaking of Togame, we finally have a little movement in their relationship through the challenge by the pirate sword holder. This was surprising because during the hot spring bath earlier, he had no idea as he still goes about oblivious to her advances due to his isolated upbringing. The fight was also well done with a great pep talk by Togame to get him moving forward and look, he used a "cool" quote
after he destroyed the pirate
Good stuff.

Geist-

It's a continuation with new voice actors. The Mangaka even said the adaption will be vastly different from the original anime.

The New PV

It seems like the new anime is more colorful like the manga judging by the color pages than the original anime.

Looks pretty good. I guess I can do a rewatch of that, I don't think I've seen it since it originally aired.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 8

The opening title gag was meta-humor of a style I didn't expect to see outside of Gintama. This show never fails to impress me with its creativity. With this show, I can safely say that Shinya Kawatsura (I guess it's that instead of Kawano? ANN has updated their Encyclopedia entry.) is one of my favorite active directors.

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou 8

I enjoy the clever twists to DJ-ing that this show finds, such as the use of tonkatsu frying sounds in Agetarou's previous DJ gig and his use of overheard Korean music in this one. It keeps things fresh.

ibyea

Banned
Kiznaiver: 8
Heh, episode confirmed what I was thinking the relationships were like.

Feels like a setting up the pieces episode for what comes next. I did like the final sequence of events where Kazuhira was starting to remember.

Has anyone here watched that animated/CG movie Dragon Nest?

As far as D&D animated fantasy films go, it's pretty decent. Second one comes out soon too. It literally is a movie based on a party getting together and going on an adventure.

zulux21

Fullmetal Alchemist; B ep. 10
gGRBxr2.jpg

Dammit. WTF. I was not expecting THAT to happen so suddenly and they had the balls to
kill off one of my favorite characters up to this point
uggh, I hope they kill that group a long hard painful and grueling death. That's not right at all man, not right at all..

i was curious if we has around enough to become a favorite in brotherhood. He has a lot more build up in the original series and is one of the major things that the original craps all over brotherhood in (keep in mind overall I think brotherhood is the much better series but he is done way better in the original)

The Devil is a Part-Timer - 01-13

As such I really look forward to sequel but I don't think it'll be coming as it's already been 3 years since it ended. Sad life is sad.

odds are no second season, but the light novels the series is based off of are at least getting an english release and are beyond what the anime covered in english already.

Honey and Clover 2

Hagu seems like the weak link here. Her excessively shy and childish personality is going to make it difficult for me to buy into the romance being set up with her. That she mostly only communicates in moans and other such noises with minimal use of words reminds me of Brandon in Gungrave, which is not good.

Otherwise, I really liked how the spinning wheel motif continues to be used to illustrate mental revelations and changes. And the backgrounds remain excellent, though there was some weaker character art in the second half.

Thoraxes

So, what is this picture referencing? ^_^

I'll spoiler it cause I saw someone watching Ano Natsu/Waiting in the Summer in here.

Tetsuro, Kanna, and Kaito in Ano Natsu have the same relationship triangle as Tenga, Chidori, and Kacchon in Kiznaiver.
What the likelyhood of this getting a international release?:/
Probably pretty decent. Hell, some import places may sell the CD too.

Line_HTX

Macross Delta 06

rgcOB91.png

I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah.
You don't wanna fuck with Mikumo~
But they can't do nothing to Walkure...

HH3HO7P.png

So many battlefield scars while driven in plush cars.
This life as Walkure star is nothin' without heart...

To be a soldier, must maintain composure at ease.
Though Var is complicated,
only what you make it to be...

Line_HTX

Macross Delta 07

Music is love.

Music is energy.

Music is logic!

Music is... hacking?? ROFL

Two hacker idols who are totally different from each other, yet have an insane combo, just like THEM APPLES and the water have a deadly combo!!

Cornbread78

i was curious if we has around enough to become a favorite in brotherhood. He has a lot more build up in the original series and is one of the major things that the original craps all over brotherhood in (keep in mind overall I think brotherhood is the much better series but he is done way better in the original).

Probably because he was the most "human" and normal character in the show up to that point and he is around a lot in a positive way.

Just T

Ajin 4-5:

Of course she is an Ajin too, that was a nice little fight in the room. The Satou scene was intense too, that guy has some skill. He's an interesting character too, it's obvious that he's desperate to get Kei on his side but I wonder how sincere some of his other actions are.

Necrovex

Has there been any must-watch anime released in 2016 (or late 2015) that I should watch? Been out of the loop, and have only used the AOTY 2015 thread as my reference.

Qurupeke

Has there been any must-watch anime released in 2016 (or late 2015) that I should watch? Been out of the loop, and have only used the AOTY 2015 thread as my reference.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, which aired the past season.
Kiznaiver, which is in this season.

Jintor

GirlPan 01

rewatching because why not. i'm in a rewatching mood these days it seems, apart from the new season

First thought: holy shit the framerate on the CG fps tank shot is incredibly bad. Incredibly bad! No wonder I thought the tank animation was shit the first time I saw it. That's actually totally wrong; the tank animation is fine (even if the blending with the anime girls is not really), but the fact that 90% of the frame is going by at 3 frames a second absolutely murders it. Did they fix this in the blu-rays? Watching on Crunchy.

Anyway the at-school animation is pretty cool. Miho is really fluffy and animates really excitedly. This artstyle has its problems (3-4ths angle shots I think they're called are really bad the way the eyes wrap around the skull) but the actual animation isn't too bad, though people always look a bit too small for their environments. The school is actually a lot more detailed then I remember, with a bunch of students around filling the space.

ApxksS1.jpg

UEOEqI7.jpg

Despair Miho is hilarious and the transition cut for that joke is pretty funny

I like that there's hints before the big 'reveal' about the school ship, like the seagulls, the fact that their school alarm is a giant naval claxon, the weird screens all over the school to broadcast things, the sea background to the student council room. The reveal is less cool than I remember, but still a good zoom out. (Though the CG REAAALLY stands out)

Cornbread78

As a follow up to my rec "experiment" last week. I asked MAL at the same time, what type of anime I should watch if I wanted to "Go on an Adventure," but it had to be a complete story... I've never even heard of half this stuff, which isn't surprising considering how little attention I've paid to the genre.

Below is a list of the shows thrown my way:

• Katanagatari (Anime GAF rec)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Anime GAF rec)
  • magi the labyrinth of magic (this is still ongoing, right?)
  • zetsuen no tempest (already watched)
  • Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
  • Seirei no Moribito
  • Kemono no Sou-ja Erin
  • Juuni Kokuki
  • Akame Ga Kill
  • The Vision of Escaflowne (watching from AnimeGAF rec previously)
  • Scrapped Princess
  • Guin Saga
  • Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
  • Takarajima
  • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
  • Fushigi Yuugi
  • Last Exile
  • Everything Record of Lodoss War related
  • Wolf`s Rain
  • Baccano (I have to watch this soon to make a couple people here happy, lol)
  • Haikyuu (Adventure huh?)
  • Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
  • Hunter x Hunter 2011
  • SAO (LOL)
  • Black Lagoon
  • Otogizoushi
  • Nanatsu no Taizai

I put some comments on stuff I've seen or heard of in "( )," but knowing my tastes, is there anything else here worth a watch when I'm done everything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom