• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls Und Panzer 01

A friend of mine recommended the movie so I decided to try out the show beforehand. I played a few rounds of World of Tanks so I consider myself an expert in tank warfare, so I'm not really sure what the purpose is of having a bright pink tank. The student council president is also the biggest asshole I've seen in anime since Griffith. Did they really need to bully the poor girl to do the one thing she traveled to another city to avoid?

Wasn't sure I was gonna continue this series but after that stinger? I MUST KNOW MORE.

Kiznaiver Whatever-number-today-was
This episode felt really long. We basically learned everything we already knew over the course of a twenty minute episode. Watching the characters make those same realizations and seeing their reactions made the episode still worth watching, but the whole series has felt fairly slow in the last couple of episodes. How long is the series planned out to be?

Does anyone else have Facebook buttons at the top of each thread? ._, Really starting to bug me.

Ah, so this is what Hell looks like. Are they Chibi characters though? They'd better be Chibi.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listlesss 09

That look from Ohta for the the tile card and beginning of the OP was just priceless

I feel like I might be repeating myself but this has really grown on me to an extend I absolutely would not expect considering I nearly dropped it after first two eps. And Ohta's sister looks like yet another good addition to the cast.

One thing that slightly bothers me is Rin's obsession on the point of her brother, which, while fairly restrained and used for humor only still feels a bit out of place for a show likes this. But maybe it's just my trauma from having seen too many stories were that angle was plain disturbing.

Yeh, I pretty much mirror those thoughts. I actually did initially drop it after episode 2 but it's now grown to be my favorite anime this season I think.

Having yet another infatuated imouto, though, sure is lame. Especially since Tanaka-kun isn't what you'd normally describe as a particularly attractive character with his supreme laziness listlessness, I didn't expect this boring "parents never home, little sister, of course, loves him" route.

Now I just hope Otha's sister doesn't fall for him, too.

But yeh, other than that it's very enjoyable.

Eumi

Fuck Tenga

Fuck Chidori

Fuck Katsuhira

Nico's alright I guess

Fuck Maki

Fuck this show

It hurts

HOW IS IT STILL GETTING BETTER? HOW IS IT SO GOOD DAMN IT!?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The mystery of the chocolate, finally revealed!!
Girls Und Panzer 01

A friend of mine recommended the movie so I decided to try out the show beforehand. I played a few rounds of World of Tanks so I consider myself an expert in tank warfare, so I'm not really sure what the purpose is of having a bright pink tank. The student council president is also the biggest asshole I've seen in anime since Griffith. Did they really need to bully the poor girl to do the one thing she traveled to another city to avoid?

Wasn't sure I was gonna continue this series but after that stinger? I MUST KNOW MORE.

One of us, one of us.

Gundam Build Fighters 22

I saw John Ayers Mackenzie's name on the tournament bracket (and thought that it was a name that might be better suited for Australia than the UK), but if the show was planning to make him a focus character this late I would have thought he would have appeared or at least be mentioned in some capacity instead of showing up out of nowhere. The fight itself kind of boiled down to who could pull out the bigger magic nonsense, which isn't particularly satisfying compared to Fellini vs. Reiji or Yuuki vs. the Renaldos. Still, the episode did a good enough job at its main purpose, building up Yuuki even more in preparation for the final rematch showdown.

Also, Aila munching popcorn was cute.

Sterok

Kiznaiver 9

I wonder if that hurts. Chidori definitely pissed off some elder god. Katsuhira isn't handling anything well, though he's got the excuse that he doesn't know what's what. Poor Nico trying so hard, yet failing at everything. Tenga breaks down. Somehow Yuta and Hisomu of all people come out the most sane.

Haifuri 9

So they're experts in both naval warfare and raiding. Okay. Spee will probably be back for the finale.

Ascheroth

I really wonder what they're going to do with Hisomu. I don't think he hasn't done much if anything compared to the rest of the cast.

John Blade

Episode 07
a92de528f354.jpg

Godai, you sick minded person. That's not how it work.

Episode 08
f45907be7d34.jpg

Man...the only time Goadi confess
his love
, he was drunk and have no clue at all. The people who stay in Maison Ikkoku are asshole to the point he misunderstood what just happen. So much feel when the big incident came at the end. Suck for Goadi and feel sorry for Kyoko.

Episode 09
05eaba114d20.jpg

The classic love rival in anime. Great introduction of him and I can see he is those guy who will stick with it in the long period. Hate that smile.

Episode 10
26bc6d8d5039.jpg

Woof....the main weakness for the love rival. Also, I don't want to be in the car with Kyoko when she is driving. They is a joke in here but it will banned me if I spoke it.

Episode 11
Puppy love with Yousuke and Ikuko. Might go further based on how long the show is.

pbayne

Kiznaiver 9

Lol these shipping wars, its like watching Nagi no Asakura but at 500 times speed. I remember saying shipping would kill this show...but i didn't mean it in this way.

So now they've seen the worst of each other, i guess the only way from here is up right?

Deadly

Girls und Panzer Movie
I'm half way through the movie and I just couldn't contain all the HYPE. Very very excite! Just had to post.

To me it seemed like the anime wanted to be Kayo's story the whole time, so I don't really see it as being either.

Y;know what that's true, but it seemed to me like the director chose to highlight and strengthen that part from the manga because it was the best part already

Fafner 10

Aside from the obligatory purple prose at the end, this episode was notably better executed than the series has been up to now, in both writing and direction. It handled character drama surrounding Kazuki and thematic exploration of this cage of an island fairly well, integrated a heretofore absent sense of humor smoothly, and even had a few interesting visual ideas, particularly in the stark style of Kazuki's flashbacks. Since Ubukata hasn't come on board yet, I'm not sure if there's a reason I can ascribe this change to, aside from noting that the episode was storyboarded and directed by Akihiro Enomoto, chief director on Yamato 2199.

Cornbread78

The Lost Village ep.10
Did they really have him picking his nose? The show needs more dark and crazy comedy. I guess they are shedding more light on what Nanaki is, but....

Of course the Eva rights are locked up, its the most valuable property in Japan and one of the most valuable in the West. It took funi three years to bring out 3.33 in the West, so you know something is wrong.

Tanaka 09

LMFAO at Tanaka losing his appetite because of the toy being gone. And the scene when he's trying to have his drink?! Holy this episode cracked me up. Also as soon as I say Saya, I knew it ahaha.

Wanderer5

Okay I know this is really nitpicking, but during the scene in the latest Flying Witch ep when they are talking about animal fortune telling, Makoto is "raccoon" according to the subs even through she actually looks like Tanuki.<.< Granted could be that they wanted to shorten Raccoon dog, but bleh lol.

Okay I know this is really nitpicking, but during the scene in the latest Flying Witch ep when they are talking about animal fortune telling, Makoto is "raccoon" according to the subs even through she actually looks like Tanuki.<.< Granted could be that they wanted to shorten Raccoon dog, but bleh lol.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but isn't a Tanuki a Raccoon? The subs would be correct.

Qurupeke

Beyond the Boundary [END]
3WjsHVh.png
YuEuFRw.jpg

Inverse ET was glorious.
After Kiznaiver, I was absolutely destroyed by this, it killed me inside. The ending was so over the top that it actually reminded me of stuff like Madoka, or even Gurren Lagann. It was crazy, and I think I liked it for the most part. But it was also an emotional rollercoaster, especially the last 5 minutes or so. Very sad. And I have no idea what happened to the last scene.
I'd be more content if the last minute hadn't happened. It didn't really ruin the ending, but felt unnecessary. Still, I'm happy Mirai is alive. Well, at least I think she's alive...

It's really nice when you watch a show with the absolute lowest expectations and it turns out that you end up loving it. Spoilers, of course, and I wouldn't recommend clicking these links if you intend to watch the show, but some sakuga:

Cool Scene 1
Cool Scene 2
Cool Scene 3

Pretty much every action scene was great actually...

Raccoon is the standard way of translating "tanuki" in English, if you're not going to leave it untranslated.

Wanderer5

Saturday continues to be awesome this anime season. Kiznaiver and Flying Witch are pretty much AotS for me (with Kiznaiver being on the top).

Beyond the Boundary [END]

After Kiznaiver, I was absolutely destroyed by this, it killed me inside. The ending was so over the top that it actually reminded me of stuff like Madoka, or even Gurren Lagann. It was crazy, and I think I liked it for the most part. But it was also an emotional rollercoaster, especially the last 5 minutes or so. Very sad. And I have no idea what happened to the last scene.
I'd be more content if the last minute hadn't happened. It didn't really ruin the ending, but felt unnecessary. Still, I'm happy Mirai is alive. Well, at least I think she's alive...

It's really nice when you watch a show with the absolute lowest expectations and it turns out that you end up loving it. Spoilers, of course, and I wouldn't recommend clicking these links if you intend to watch the show, but some sakuga:

Cool Scene 1
Cool Scene 2
Cool Scene 3

Pretty much every action scene was great actually...

I just put this show into my Crunchyroll queue a few days ago. Put it off for a long time because of how people talked about it. May start this when I have more time.

Saturday continues to be awesome this anime season. Kiznaiver and Flying Witch are pretty much AotS for me (with Kiznaiver being on the top).

Although I am watching a few shows I only really look forward to Saturday for Kiznaiver and Sunday for Re:Zero. All of the other stuff is great, but nowhere near these two in terms of how excited I get to watch the newest episode.

Gundam Build Fighters 23

This was nice as one last frivolous episode before the finale. The festival was a good excuse to bring in cameos of just about every significant character from the whole show, as well as cameos from a bunch of characters from various Gundam series. I'm not well enough versed in Gundam to know who everyone is, but I saw people I recognized even if I don't know their names (and of course, a few whose names I do know, such as Char and the 0080 main cast).

The ending does make me a little anxious as to where the show intends to take the last two episodes.

Line_HTX

Kiznaiver 09

Bah Gawd's name, can that Okada be from this planet? How many... Does she have no conscience? Does she have no heart?! DO YOU HAVE NO SOUL, YOU SOB? You realize what you've just done?!

Good God, this is beyond ether... So much ether I'm suffocating.

jgminto

Tanaka-kun 9
Wac and Me
That was definitely one of my favourite episodes of the show so far. Tanaka and Ohta's relationship is so entertaining, even when they're visiting a fast food restaurant, I can't help but enjoy their low key antics. Ohta's sister seems like she will be a fun character too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom