• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
MHA is on episode 10 of a 13 episode run. There won't be any more MHA for at least another year on the same time slot because ain't no one got time for inferior shit shows from BONES when they can be airing more important stuff like Gundam in the Fall.

Gotcha. I'll give it a shot then.

Russ T

Banned
?

Then maybe I'm confused. MHA isn't simply on episode 13 of a projected 400 episode run? It finished 1 cour that was planned for 13 episodes?

Because Naruto was at one point 13 episodes. The 13th week of its airing. But there's a difference between a show planned for 13 episode cours and one that happens to be on episode 13/980.

It's planned for 13 episodes. EDIT: beaten by a thousand miles

also it's better than all other BONES output

okay i can't even lie i actually like bones i apologize duckroll

Speaking of Rakugo I stopped watching it at episode 4 because I was busy at the time. I need to catch up with it.

Does the anime stay consistent in quality throughout its run? The first 4 episodes were fantastic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Three Leaves Three Colours is a pretty good pick for top anime of the season for those into that type of show.

duckroll

Can't wait for all the sales flop jokes.

Wish I had gone to the Oshiyama director's panel at Animazement. I wonder if he had talked about the show at all as he's in the middle of production.

Doubt it's going to be able to sell much unless it somehow goes viral like GuP. Really rare these days. Animation looks so good though. :p

Jarmel

Banned
Doubt it's going to be able to sell much unless it somehow goes viral like GuP. Really rare these days. Animation looks so good though. :p

Still not a fan of the character designs due to how absurdly large the eyes are. Looks much better in motion though.

e_i

Oh hey, KIZUMONOGATARI: Wound Tale audiobook was released. This the closest we'll ever hear of the Monogatari series in English.

All anime is shit. Where is Rakugo and Flip Floppers?

I'm really not sure when Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Fatatabi-hen intends to air. The first season aired in the Animeism block, but that's filled in summer and fall with 2-cour Berserk, 91 Days, and Ajin S2. So will Rakugo S2 switch timeslots or do they intend for it to air January 2017?

more like BADkugo and flip FLOPPEDers

Japanese anime sales seem really concentrated currently into a couple heavy hitters at the top and everything else way below, even more so than usual. Though I've heard from some sources that streaming revenue is picking up some of the slack from flagging disc sales. Not like I'm privy to the inner workings of the business, of course.

duckroll

I'm really not sure when Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Fatatabi-hen intends to air. The first season aired in the Animeism block, but that's filled in summer and fall with 2-cour Berserk, 91 Days, and Ajin S2. So will Rakugo S2 switch timeslots or do they intend for it to air January 2017?

I don't mind if they really take the time they need to make it good. The manga's over anyway, so there's no rush. Better good than rushed. But I don't think a timeslot change is really out of the question. This seems to happen on MBS more often than on other networks right? After all, they moved Haikyu even.

I don't mind if they really take the time they need to make it good. The manga's over anyway, so there's no rush. Better good than rushed. But I don't think a timeslot change is really out of the question. This seems to happen on MBS more often than on other networks right? After all, they moved Haikyu even.

A timeslot change is certainly possible. Looking back, I see the first season of Shokugeki no Soma was on Animeism but the upcoming second season is airing elsewhere. Of course, the whole Rakugo Shinjuu anime production has been deliberately paced, so they could just be taking their time to have the whole thing mostly done before it airs again.

Cornbread78

White Album ep24-END
IDwtoil.jpg

Damn, the pain is over..... I guess everyone was kinda happy in the end, well, outside of Mana, but what exactly WAS that ending? A reveal about
childhood friends and memory loss and a bunch of girls
. hmmm, he only slept with a few of them and didn't even get his girlfriend in the end; she
took off to make music with another girl
; the whole plot sucked, the characters sucked, the resolution sucked, the "romance didn't exist; sucked, the MC sucked... Well this whole show sucked, unless you really like watching emotionally scared characters for 24 episodes all trying to jump on 1 MC's D, just to have no
girl "win"
and a halfhearted stupid ending.

With this, I can completely forgive White Album 2 for ending 2 episodes early and not having a clear ending because this whole melodramatic piece of turd was a waste of 24 episodes.... The music was good, but even it couldn't salvage this.....

Can I just add, this show makes you feel bad for being a male because of broken piece of $hit MC's like this one that use and abuse woman mentally...

Sölf

Girls und Panzer der Film
Man, that was good. I am still amazed just how good the actual fight scenes in this show are. The movie just added more of them, which also added new locations that were different enough from the ones we already knew. Yeah, if you liked the show, you will also like the movie. It's more of the same in a good way.

And now I am sad that Haifuri doesn't have battles as dope as this.

Actually what I really want is a hipster anime. Something like Aku no Hana, Ping Pong, or Rakugo. Something that's beloved but only watched by like 10 people.

Actually what I really want is a hipster anime. Something like Aku no Hana, Ping Pong, or Rakugo. Something that's beloved but only watched by like 10 people.

Kyousougiga

One of Toei's best animated TV anime. Most people were watching Kill La Kill while this show was left in the dust.

Aki-at

Steins;Gate - 3

I didn't think they were going to reference real world organisations that were going to be central to the plot.

John Blade

Man...this episode just went to a very dark theme and make it feel bad when
the female lady who got kill is actually the main donor of her organ to her mom who need a new heart for this illegal organ trade.
Man....this illegal trade is depressing to watch and even more when
the father of the lady found out about the whole thing and can't believe it.

Still, we got to see Duke Tojo kill another enemies in a impossible method not once but twice for the same method. It's so stupid to watch but this might be what make the show fun to watch like a dumb show. Will continue watching even though the formula is the same but just different method.

Also, I am now going to watch a show which people here say it's suck and not the same from the manga call Gantz. I am so going in with no expectation and I think I will make a quick though of each episode if I have any to talk about. Man....will be fun to see what I think of the show and want to see if anyone want to join in to see this show as one of the worst way to get into the franchise. I am going in deep.

Evangelion rewatch - 15-17

These three episodes were fantastic, yet again. And I know I'm in for a treat with the next one, too. I'm not sure if there'll ever be another anime that'll make mecha battles as appealing to me. Not only does Evangelion give me ample reasons to feel invested thanks to the great characterization, but the Eva's are also by far the most compelling mechs and when the battles feel rather succinct and real nicely animated, I couldn't ask for much more.

I hope Hosanna watches the show soon, as I want to read some nice impressions.

Oh and this last episode I also recognized two voices from Rakugo. Kouichi Yamadera (Sukeroku / Kaji) and Tomokazu Seki (Yotarou / Toji). There was one distinct moment where Toji sounded so familiar and afterwards I noticed Kaji sounding like Sukeroku. I'm bad at that stuff so it's nice noticing and being right once in a while.

Kansoku

Aoi Bungaku
Casshern Sins
Gankutsuou
Haibane Renmei
Kaiba
Kemonozume
Kuchuu Buranko
Mononoke
Tatami Galaxy

Evangelion rewatch - 15-17

These three episodes were fantastic, yet again. And I know I'm in for a treat with the next one, too. I'm not sure if there'll ever be another anime that'll make mecha battles as appealing to me. Not only does Evangelion give me ample reasons to feel invested thanks to the great characterization, but the Eva's are also by far the most compelling mechs and when the battles feel rather succinct and real nicely animated, I couldn't ask for much more.

I hope Hosanna watches the show soon, as I want to read some nice impressions.

Oh and this last episode I also recognized two voices from Rakugo. Kouichi Yamadera (Sukeroku / Kaji) and Tomokazu Seki (Yotarou / Toji). There was one distinct moment where Toji sounded so familiar and afterwards I noticed Kaji sounding like Sukeroku. I'm bad at that stuff so it's nice noticing and being right once in a while.

Shinji's
"birth" scene
is an all time great moment.

Deadly

Sölf;205967881 said:
Girls und Panzer der Film
Man, that was good. I am still amazed just how good the actual fight scenes in this show are. The movie just added more of them, which also added new locations that were different enough from the ones we already knew. Yeah, if you liked the show, you will also like the movie. It's more of the same in a good way.

And now I am sad that Haifuri doesn't have battles as dope as this.
I was going to ask if Haifuri was worth watching :( Bummer

John Blade

You can now see Kyoko her true face when jealously sink in when she saw Godai with another girl. A very ugly side I have to say. Kinda funny as she is fine dating with Shun for the concert while not happy when she Godai go out with someone. Not wife material I would say.

Kinda feel sad a bit with Godai as he need to deal with this if he manage to marry her but will see if things change as I process during the show. I guess Godai is kinda safe a bit when Soichiro kinda stop Shun from trying to lay on her for now.

Also, an introduction of a new plot device for Godai (Kozue). Will see how she will be use to distant between Godai and Kyoko as Kyoko think Kozue is Godai girlfriend. Will be interesting to see the spark here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom