• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016: the year of Re[insert noun/verb here]

What really gets me is that there's one summer anime called 91 Days and another one called Days. I know 91 Days is called that because the events of the show take place over 91 days (One week per episode x 13 episodes); I'm not sure the reason for calling a soccer manga Days.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kanberi of the Iron Fortress Episode 9:

I am getting the sense that proceedings may be a tad rushed given that we went from zero to evil and child murder that fucking quickly.

pbayne

Martian Successor Nadesico 3

WHAT!

Martian Successor Nadesico 4

No wait seriously wtf? That ending lol.

Martian Successor Nadesico 5

2crazy4me. Holy shit the constant mood swings and meta in this are such a bizarre combination but its brilliant and so funny.

Kanberi of the Iron Fortress Episode 9:

I am getting the sense that proceedings may be a tad rushed given that we went from zero to evil and child murder that fucking quickly.

Zero to child murder shall now be used to measure every car's performance.

Listen here honey, the Toyota Corolla goes from zero to child murder in 10.5 seconds. My god, such value!

Does anyone know for sure if Twin Star Exorcists will continue airing through the summer?

They wouldnt have announced the new themes songs if it wasnt.

The July issue of Shueisha's Jump SQ. magazine revealed on Friday that Itowokashi will perform the new ending theme song for the television anime adaptation of Yoshiaki Sukeno's Twin Star Exorcists (Sōsei no Onmyōji) manga starting in July.

The Japanese idol unit i☆Ris revealed in a video message on Saturday that the group will perform a new opening theme song for the television anime adaptation of Yoshiaki Sukeno's Twin Star Exorcists (Sōsei no Onmyōji) manga starting in July.

Cornbread78

Netoge 10:
JGlLQap.gif

Some good comedy in this one and some interesting fan service.... The PvP section with all of them was hilarious, poor master, same for the siege attempts. Looks like this is just a build up for next weeks adventure, but the show was fun as usual and yeah, Schwein wants to jump on the D now as well.....

Also, the preview thread is almost done and It's too big to fit into 1 OP (needs 2 posts), but I could use some help editing it. Also, any tips, ideas, advice and/or coments on how to spruce it up or make it better would be much appreciated:

Below is how it will be posted

Post #1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193774886&postcount=15

Post #2
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191876853&postcount=69

John Blade

Just finish watching Macross Do You Renmeber Love. A very beautiful movie to watch and love almost everything in it. Would say, it will in the list of anime I can go back to watch without feeling tired watching it. Will post an impression of the movie sometime on the weekend. So beautiful.....

What really gets me is that there's one summer anime called 91 Days and another one called Days. I know 91 Days is called that because the events of the show take place over 91 days (One week per episode x 13 episodes); I'm not sure the reason for calling a soccer manga Days.

This is true aha. Could be as some sort of reminiscing, you know like "those days...". Can't think of anything else that'd be relevant. Maybe the author was just out of ideas.

Cornbread78

Nijiiro Days ep. 14-15
UdvoSJt.png

Oh man, things are heating up over the group outing, and looks like Mattsun's imouto is going to be hooking up with mr. sadist for reals, lol. This should be an interesting dynamic going forward... At least he might be getting a little closer to Marie, as long as she can slowly get over her yuri love for Anna....

Ascheroth

Yuki Yuna is a Hero #1-5 (End)

After being on a super robo spree recently, I figured I'd switch things up with the equally manly genre of magical girls for a change.

On a whole, this was a very pleasant show. I can't really think of a character I disliked, they were all fun.
The transformation and enemy designs were nice as well and it had some cool action with neat visuals, especially during the last episode. It also did a good job mixing it up with humorous slice-of-life.
A fun little show.

Oh wait, there's more.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero #6

And so the suffering begins. Or does it?

Kabaneri 10

Don't know what's edgier in this.

The sword. Or the grimdark episode. Mumei for worst character and dumbass of the century, Helen Keller saw this shit coming. They've seriously taken her character from badass to "I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR MY ONII-SAMA" levels of anime sister obsession.

kewlmyc

Does anyone know for sure if Twin Star Exorcists will continue airing through the summer?

Guaranteed. They're adding so many original scenarios and characters that there's no way for them to resolve everything before the end of the season. Especially since one major villain still hasn't shown up yet despite being pretty important.

Kabaneri 10

Don't know what's edgier in this.

The sword. Or the grimdark episode. Mumei for worst character and dumbass of the century, Helen Keller saw this shit coming. They've seriously taken her character from badass to "I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR MY ONII-SAMA" levels of anime sister obsession.

She's at least acting her age. She's being a stupid 12 year old girl right now and doing everything to impress the person she cares most about.

She's at least acting her age. She's being a stupid 12 year old girl right now and doing everything to impress the person she cares most about.

Isn't she supposed to be older than that, just stuck in a 12 year old body? Or are those just lies people are throwing around to justify themselves

EDIT: BIG LOL ^

Cornbread78

Guaranteed. They're adding so many original scenarios and characters that there's no way for them to resolve everything before the end of the season. Especially since one major villain still hasn't shown up yet despite being pretty important.

Wasn't sure if it was going to be split cour or not since they really haven't announced anything, lol.

DTL also pointed out the OP/ ED changes coming. I really like the OP right now though...

Yuki Yuna is a Hero #1-5 (End)

After being on a super robo spree recently, I figured I'd switch things up with the equally manly genre of magical girls for a change.

On a whole, this was a very pleasant show. I can't really think of a character I disliked, they were all fun.
The transformation and enemy designs were nice as well and it had some cool action with neat visuals, especially during the last episode. It also did a good job mixing it up with humorous slice-of-life.
A fun little show.

Oh wait, there's more.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero #6

And so the suffering begins. Or does it?

YUKI YUNA YUUSHA OOOHH.

I really liked Yuki Yuna. Out of all the Madoka derivatives I'd say it's the best one that manages to do its own thing.

Sterok

Yuki Yuna is the only good Madoka derivative. Maybe Wixoss if you count that.

Anne-Happy 10

Weird rap. Is that girl Botan's sister?

Netoge 10

PVP does operate under a different ruleset. Though if healers can manage surely mages can do something. Ako gets real life responsibility and surprisingly doesn't need too much counseling for her to agree to do it. And I'm still mostly wandering how Nekohime got a group of such devoted followers.

Here's what I'm watching next season and why:

Orange - This manga has a ton of praise so unless something goes horribly wrong, this is a strong AOTS contender already.
91 Days - Interesting premise and I want to see Shuka prove themselves. Their work on Durarara's second season was pretty good, far more interesting than season 1 ever was.
Fukigen na Mononokean - I want more of the blob. Give me the blob.
Handa-kun - Unsure if this will be a trainwreck or not since my favorite bits of Barakamon were the villagers. If it's shit, great. If it's not, great.
Mob Psycho 100 - I need to see the art style in motion. Badly.
ReLIFE - Well, it certainly looks more appealing to me than Rewrite.

and maybe Amaama to Inazuma. Slice of life usually bores me to tears but I'm a little interested in this one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anne-Happy 10

Weird rap. Is that girl Botan's sister?

Pretty sure it's Timothy.

Anne-Happy 10

I like how in a previous episode they do the usual joke about one of them being flat chested compared to the others and then in this episode when they decide to put them in bikinis suddenly they're all got knockers. Not the first time this show has decided to inflate the front. This show doesn't care.

Tim-Tim-Timothy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kabaneri got a lot fucking worse when Sephiroth-oniisama showed up.

Aki-at

Steins;Gate - 9

To recap, I'm surprised no one
was concerned Okabe's friend who wanted to be a girl wouldn't rewrite herself out of the timeline by that stunt.
It's interesting to see how the differences in the timeline might have towards the end and Okabe realising he needs to tread a bit more carefully. The fact he opted not
to check the maid girl's message to the past seemed a pretty risky move to overlook.

Cornbread78

Crescent Love ep.7
Oh wow, a confession scene already, and a pretty good one at that. MC has decided he is going to step up and go agaist her douchebag fiancé. Good move on him, but yeah, this is gonna start a heated battle. Well, still 5 episodes left, so maybe we'll get a kiss before the final two mins of the show.. Good stuff.

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm at the point where I now don't really mind watching a show subbed even if there's a dub available and it's all thanks to the "NANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" scenes. They're just the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom