• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind a wisecracking character but you have a second in Hunk and a third in Coran which is just ???????????????????????????????.

Secret showrunner is Joss Wheadon, everyone has to be the wisecrackiest motherfucker. Hunk is the odd man out though, Lance and Coran are essentially the replacements for Varrick and Bolin in Korra which were a fan favorite.

Rainy

Banned
Kiznaiver 10

That last scene with Katsuhira was so sad. I did like how he was paired up with Hisomu and Nico for most of the episode though, good trio. Chidori and Tenga need to both get over any romantic hardships they have, it's time to move on. Also I never really felt sorry for Sonozaki up to this point but now I finally do.

Fuck Yamada.

Narag

Voltron: Legenday Defender 11

ok start -> bad training ep & bad humor -> good space opera adventure starting around the bombing and finishing well at the end

Kiznaiver 10

ZFqWutx.jpg
Holy shit that was heartbreaking at the end. Katsuhira is actually one of the fucking lucky ones. Hell even Nori to a certain extent, but damn that last group of kids that that are operating of fucking auto pilot and borderline catatonic. Shit is too fucking depressing.

TUSR

Banned
What I took away from that last episode of Kiznaiver, was that Sonozaki isn't taking injections because she has some illness. Its because of the system, there is still a chance she can be saved.

Belive.

Wanderer5

Kiznaiver #10

First off, fuck that teacher lol.

And so we finally learn more of what happened to the kids, and man was that mess up, especially upon seeing those that just can't function and Katsuhira breaking down.:(

Nico was pretty adorable through.

Qurupeke

This moment at the end of Kiznaiver 10, when Katsuhira's black-and-white memories turn into color, wrecked me.

And first time we got kid Sonozaki's face. It was actually very different than I imagined, I expected a depressed child, but she was very cheerful, a total opposite to her current shelf. I think this actually tells the most about her situation, considering on the previous scenes they explained exactly how much pain she felt.

I was afraid that Katsuhira's and Sonozaki's past would be the low point of the series, as I didn't care much about them but this episode proved me wrong.

And first time we got kid Sonozaki's face. It was actually very different than I imagined, I expected a depressed child, but she was very cheerful, a total opposite to her current shelf. I think this actually tells the most about her situation, considering on the previous scenes they explained exactly how much pain she felt.

I was afraid that Katsuhira's and Sonozaki's past would be the low point of the series, as I didn't care much about them but this episode proved me wrong.
Agreed I was completely expecting her to turn around and still have that shadowed expression over her face and yet despite it all she felt she still had a bright smile on her face.

manfestival

is this new voltron really anime? I mean its style of course takes after its original but it looks more like american cartoons from what I have seen.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i just hope kizna can stick the landing, it would be pretty sad for it to be this good this far and then just fail at providing any sort of fitting resolution, which happens far more than it should in anime

Kiznaiver 10
Each week I expect Trigger to mess this up, and yet they keep on blowing away my expectations. This and Tanaka are my two big surprises of the season (Luluco would be also, but Trigger tends to do good when it comes to random shorts), really just a great job they pulled with this show.

Sterok

Kiznaiver 10

Nico and Hisomu continue to be the reasonable ones. Sonozaki's pain is never ending. Yeesh at that ending.

Haifuri 10

Boring festival episode. Get back to the explosions.

jonjonaug

Kiss Him, Not Me anime starts this Fall. I hope we get more than a single season out of this, I really want to see the Mutsumi confession arc animated.

EDIT: I hope they keep the drama CD cast too. It had Hanazawa as Kae and Sakurai as Mutsumi.

First five Berserk episodes -

EP01 The large Dragonslayer's sword
EP02 The Holy Iron Chain Knights
EP03 Night of Miracles
EP04 Revelations
EP05 Tower of Conviction

So not only does it look like shit, they're also straight up skipping the Lost Children and Count arcs and introducing the Dragonslayer when Guts fights the skeletons and getting to the Tower of Conviction in 5 episodes. Do they plan to cover the Tower of Conviction and Millennium Falcon Arc in 13 episodes? How the fuck is...that makes no...what is the point of this adaptation...

3737811-guts+vs+rosine.jpg

This is being skipped because fuck you

Whatever. I give up. This anime was made to spite me and I didn't even want it. Fuck everyone involved in this. Fuck you for watching it. Fuck me for watching it. I'm still expecting this to somehow get worse because I'm not dead yet.

putting-gun-to-head.gif

So what's with the two Danganronpa 3 anime shows broadcasting next season?

Future is a sequel to 2. Despair is a prequel to 2. They'll both tie into each other and are both under the End of Hope's Peak Academy banner. For OT purposes just list them together.

So not only does it look like shit, they're also straight up skipping the Lost Children and Count arcs and introducing the Dragonslayer when Guts fights the skeletons and getting to the Tower of Conviction in 5 episodes. Do they plan to cover the Tower of Conviction and Millennium Falcon Arc in 13 episodes? How the fuck is...that makes no...what is the point of this adaptation...

Whatever. I give up. This anime was made to spite me and I didn't even want it. Fuck everyone involved in this. Fuck you for watching it. Fuck me for watching it. I'm still expecting this to somehow get worse because I'm not dead yet.

putting-gun-to-head.gif

Future is a sequel to 2. Despair is a prequel to 2. They'll both tie into each other and are both under the End of Hope's Peak Academy banner. For OT purposes just list them together.

I've given up on there ever being a good adaption of the manga. I'll watch this show, but I'll probably hate it and myself for watching it.

Jarmel

Banned
Well they just explained how Inferno Cop met Luluco. He traveled to New Jersey and the Judge threw him in hell due to Gun Control laws.

putting-gun-to-head.gif

The stupid #$%&... Lost Children Arc is one of my favorite ones, after Golden Arc.

Line_HTX

アニメ「ふらいんぐうぃっち」 ‏@flying_tv 38m38 minutes ago

第10話ご視聴ありがとうございました!次週19日の放送は休止となり、26日に11話、12話連続放送となります。ご注意ください。引き続きふらいんぐうぃっちをよろしくお願いします!(担当N
#flyingwitch #ふらいんぐうぃっち

CksR44YUUAA4KU9.jpg:large

Alright, back to back episodes of 11 and 12 in two weeks. Though I'm curious as they never explained for the delay in the first place.

Macross 7 49 (End)

Fuck yeah, he moved that fucking mountain. This was really fun. A bit too much stock footage reuse, and probably had way more episodes than needed so pacing was kind of slow until Song Energy was actually introduced, but it was pretty good. As far as static MCs go, Basara was fantastic, and watching Gamlin grow past his early soldier self was great.

And the music was good.

I have to ask, why is everyone in the Asterisk universe working in the background to make sure these two are murdered or have their friends kidnapped or what have you? I'm just confused.

I have to ask, why is everyone in the Asterisk universe working in the background to make sure these two are murdered or have their friends kidnapped or what have you? I'm just confused.

LN protagonists: everybody wants to fuck them, kill them and/or fuck with them because power fantasies come from you being the most interesting person in the world

Wanderer5

Aw Flying Witch delayed? But Ep 10 is still today right, while in two weeks both ep 11 and 12 will be aired?

Also holy shit, they getting to the Tower of Conviction at Ep 5. So is the new anime only one cour then? Cause I thought it would only focus on the Conviction arc (with bits of black swordsman arc). It too bad the Lost Children arc won't be animated through.:(

Aw Flying Witch delayed? But Ep 10 is still today right, while in two weeks both ep 11 and 12 will be aired?

Also holy shit, they getting to the Tower of Conviction at Ep 5. So is the new anime only one cour then? Cause I thought it would only focus on the Conviction arc (with bits of black swordsman arc). It too bad the Lost Children arc won't be animated through.:(

No, the new Berserk anime is 2 cour.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The swimming gag in Tanaka-kun this week was ace.

The expression on the kids faces when floating became a meme in class.
laugh.gif

duckroll

Space Patrol Luluco - Season 4 Episode 2

Epic cameo, epic revival. Next episode gonna be good. All anime should be 5 mins long so I can just watch them between episodes of Breaking Bad.

Line_HTX

Space Patrol Luluco - Season 4 Episode 2

Epic cameo, epic revival. Next episode gonna be good. All anime should be 5 mins long so I can just watch them between episodes of Breaking Bad.

And once you're finish with Breaking Bad, all anime should be 40 minutes long.

;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom