• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one cour would have been so unsatisfying. It feels like the series is 4-5 episodes long.
I shudder to think how badly butchered this show would have had to have been to make it a 1-cour. For me the show's pace has been perfect as we've seen the moments that Subaru has both experienced and lost with each reset. I know the current arc has grated for some but I wouldn't have had it any other way (I struggle to think what I would have cut at least).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean there's no way this dude is gonna figure out the entire plot by even 25 episodes.

Sakamoto Episode 9
Ckq8fQfWkAAeria.jpg
Ckq8fKfWgAAYATT.jpg
Such a BL episode, the first skit with the ring and Sakamoto and Kubota, but then the classmates. lol. Not even the bl school manga I read have the boys touching each other excitedly.

Ascheroth

And thank [insert deity here] that Re:Zero is going to be 25 episodes.
White Fox have also shown that they care a lot about this show for whatever reason, with a double length first episode, repeadetly skipping OP, ED or both to have more time and even that chibi short that does more worldbuilding and gives more details for some things.

phaze

Araki could have explained everything that seemed inconsistent upfront or he could just leave it to the reader to accept the differences and come up with their own reasoning to create more enjoyable pacing.
He couldn't cause he himself doesn't have a clue how Stands work. As for pacing, Jojo is already filled with minute long monologues explaining powers, strategies or mindgames.
I also don't know what you're talking about with characters acting stupid this episode. Okuyasu is stupid, that's part of his character.
Jojo nr 1 and 2 + Koichi taking their sweet time getting to their friend Okuyasu. Jotaro not stopping time when in close proximity to RHCP, Koichi not using his own long range stand. Them calmly walking, standing in place (!) or talking when their friend was supposedly in mortal danger.
Tanaka-kun 10/The Suffering of Miyano

9.21/10 Miyano faces.

The waterpool segment did nothing for me ( though I hope the Wac worker/lifesaver will continue to make appearances) but the Yukata/festival part was a return to a strong form this show accustomed me for a while now. lol at Ohta/Echizen and Tanaka/Shiraishi moments + that damn ending.

listless-kun - 10

Okay-ish episode. Didn't need more kids treating Tanaka as some master. Pool part should've been more fun, especially with notMcD girl being present.

Blues1990

Korra's odd seasons were pretty great.

The even seasons not so much.

Season 4 was such a rush job and the ending ship felt so forced especially after Korra's conversation with Mako I couldn't buy it at all. It was as if they pushed it to appease their hardcore shipping fanbase.

So disappointing after season 3 was arguably the best animated season that year.

That was the biggest problem that I had with Korra & Asami's friendhship transitioning into a relationship. Or rather, the lack of one. There wasn't really a build up between them going to that point, and it seemed more like "Eh, the fans like the idea of the two sucking face, and everyone hates Mako as a character, so let's go with Korra and Asami being a cute couple."

I'm all for the writers deciding to make them a pair. Representation is important. It's just that relationship parenthesis seemed to be just slapped together as a last minute idea & they seemed to have a very hard time to depict character development. Not once did it feel believable. The concept was there, but the execution felt unnatural.

Just T

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless: 10

Thought the first half with the pool was pretty boring, didn't like it. The second half with the festival was pretty enjoyable though. Miyano trying to help was nice, if only they asked sooner. And nice moment with Echizen before shaved iced came into the picture.

KIZNAIVER Episode 10 – You Knew Very Well That Your Romantic Feelings Might Be Unrequited, Right?
Needed more Yuki

But finally having the origin story stated was emotional.
when Kacchon saw his friends in that state :( :( :(

Qurupeke

Kiznaiver 10
Well, talk about a change. I actually feel really bad about Sonozaki now and I hate Chidori's attitude. The final scene was brutal in its own way. The expression on everyone's face. :(

Also, some really good voice acting in this episode.

Aki-at

Steins;Gate - 15

Glad to see time is finally making a bit more of a play on the plot even if it's mostly linear in execution. Though
everytime CERN keeps being touted as the supreme evil dicatorship always leaves me giggling a bit.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 23

The Alphonse and Shou Mei scene was incredibly cute and funny haha. Glad to see Bradly's role has been expanded in this series too.

TUSR

Banned
Kiznaiver

One of my favourite aspects of Kiznaiver is how comedy is tied in to reduce the seriousness of scenes.

But dropping that ending scene like that with nothing comedic to quell it felt so haunting.

Narag

Voltron: Legendary Defender 9

Really dig stuff like this where it's equipment turning against the characters coupled with some psychological attacks.

Tanaka10

Eh. Not the strongest episode, but at least they seem to have the summer festival and pool episode done in one go.

Now I won't have to deal with a girl entering the scene blushing "d-does it look good on me?" as the camera like oggles her tits.

Voltron: Legendary Defender 9

Really dig stuff like this where it's equipment turning against the characters coupled with some psychological attacks.

Yeah I liked this episode. Duckroll called it a white man's yamato 2199, he isn't far off lol

Narag

Yeah I liked this episode. Duckroll called it a white man's yamato 2199, he isn't far off lol

I wouldn't go that far given they're both reboots but the comparison stops there as 2199 has inextricable ties to the '74 series while this is just borrowing the core concept and characters then doing its own thing.

I wouldn't go that far given they're both reboots but the comparison stops there as 2199 has inextricable ties to the '74 series while this is just borrowing the core concept and characters then doing its own thing.

I meant it more as a reboot of a sci-fi series and ending up being fairly solid. I won't put this in the same ranking as Yamato 2199 which i consider an amazing sci-fi series, but Voltron was more fun and entertaining than I was expecting. For both shows I thought it'd be non-stop robot/ship battles, but it also ended up having on-foot action, solid characters too.

Also it has Rhys Darby as a character. Murray ftw

gdjml9l.gif

edit: and now I'm depressed that yamato 2199 isn't fully available on blu-ray for the west at an affordable price point

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kiznaiver Episode 10:
I think I can safely say that this was episode was very emotional as we have learned one of the big questions, the what of the Kizna Experiment and its full implications and holy shit how are people not in prison over this?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am shocked they actually pulled off a new Voltron series because I have seen previous, well not reboots, but rather sequel series and less said about The Third Dimension and Force the better.

Just T

Kiznaiver: 10

Chidori stay being shit, that moment wasn't even really about her but of course she can't take the second to realize that. Nico on the other hand had a pretty good scene this episode, the effort to be friends with Katsuhira and Hisomu was a really nice moment. Good luck to Yuta and indifferent towards Tenga, he still a bitch for the last episode but Yamada did him too dirty.

As for Nori, wasn't expecting her to have it that tough, that's a lot to deal with. Also sad scene with Katsuhira and his friends, explains his hair. I wonder if this can all be fixed, more so if it can be fixed without any lasting damage happening to someone.

Kiznaiver

One of my favourite aspects of Kiznaiver is how comedy is tied in to reduce the seriousness of scenes.

But dropping that ending scene like that with nothing comedic to quell it felt so haunting.

Yeah, but Nico in the preview made me laugh, felt better.

Ascheroth

Kiznaiver #10

I will not be satisfied unless this show ends with everyone taking turns punching the shit out of Yaamada.

And holy shit, that ending was powerful.

kewlmyc

KIZNAIVER Episode 10

Wow, what a way to end an episode. That sucks for all the kids involved and makes the government seem like monsters for trying the Kizna system again after it failed so horribly last time. Hope Chidori can move on soon, not for her sake, but so we can stop focusing on her being sad for being a typical childhood friend.

I wouldn't be surprised given the other mecha/space opera references but I try to remember as little of the prequels as possible.

Yeah. I also remember a scene that seemed straight out of Gravity (the zoomed in space helmet as he was uncontrollably flying around space). And the alien bounty hunter girl almost seemed like a Twi'lek.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get Inferno Cop and Over Justice meeting.

Yeah, Missed opportunity by Imaishi, or maybe he's saving it up for the final.

Mayoiga 11

Well, that just happen. The first part was hilarious, when the cast simply don't give a single fuck even when both Jack shooting fire arrow on them. Out of all cast, Yotsun and the driver are the one that get proper resolution to their nanaki. Bravo Okada and Mizushima, bravo.

Narag

Emperor secret weaboo

I appreciated the nods more than I expected tbh. The biggest downfall of the show is Lance needing to make a bad joke but I expected as much from the people who brought me Bolin.

Don't mind a wisecracking character but you have a second in Hunk and a third in Coran which is just ???????????????????????????????.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom