• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Uggh, not my favorite archtype at all.... Actually, probably my most hated after the loli..

Shana was like... the first time I was exposed what became known as the Rie Kugimiya virus.

Not to say that she was bad, but man that show and other shows like Aria of the Scarlet Ammo were sort of grating, lol

When your drawing a new avatar, but you forget to backup your files and of course they get corrupted because why wouldn't they as soon as you forget to backup a single time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What do people think of Joker Game? The final bit with all the close up of the faces made it just feel so campy and melodramatic that I couldn't really take it seriously.

duckroll

Bungo Stray Dogs - Episode 1

After 400 long years, Igarashi and Enokido are finally working on a non-mecha show again. Yay. Kinda humorous so far. Didn't find the script super funny. Too many fish eye lenses. Good use of arrows and comic faces. Good music. Stylish designs. Nice animation. Decent OP. Great ED. Typical BONES D Studio first episode. Hopefully this doesn't go the way of Captain Earth.

Cornbread78

Kimikiss Pure Rouge ep.1-3
I thought this was a harem comedy, but so far it's a SoL, School, drama, romance, blah, blah, blah... I can already see the potential love triangles and drama incoming in future episodes. I though this might take my mind off Love Hina, but....

When you coming back to Twitter?
Start Aikatsu and I'll think about it.
Wow, why I didn't keep up on this news. It turns out Emi Nitta, the seiyuu for Love's Live Honoka was accused of doing AV.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...voice-actress-appeared-in-adult-video/.100664

The av pics in question......yeah even if the agency denied the moles on her body, her teeth structure is exactly the same which nobody can deny. Sad to see her career is gonna get killed off even if the rumors weren't true.

RIP Honkers.

Havent gotten a chance to look up any of the new shows this season so I'm just gonna watch Pokemon XY. Pretty surprised how good the first two episodes were.

Erased end

I think the final confrontation was actually better in the anime, but everything leading up to said confrontation and the entire 2005 arc in general was MUCH better in the manga. Omitting the culprit's backstory is also REALLY shitty considering it was legit fascinating and dark and probably one of the best written things in the series.

Re: Zero 1

20 minutes of boring followed by 20 minutes of slightly less boring followed by a few minutes of maybe interesting.

Mayoiga 1

What makes this believable is the fact nearly every single character is a crazy cultist, so no matter how outlandish their dialogue is, it's completely in line with their setup. Genius! Which of course means the actual plot is what will make or break this, but I'm interested so far.

But of course, I found Another unironically engaging, so what do I know.

Hero Academia 1

Not even covering chapter 1? Eh, this is going to be a very weirdly-paced show, and 13 episodes won't do it justice at all even as a starter. Nothing happens.

Space Patrol Ludicolo 1

Yep, this is Imaishi. In for the whole run.

Ace Attorney 1

Awful. Not enough energy at all to be worthy of AA. Even wind-blasting points aren't enough if the intensity isn't cranked up like it should be.

Unbreakable Diamonds 1

I can't put my finger on it, but something about the art style is throwing me off. I think it's the backgrounds, but I'm not sure what the issue is.

Either way, happy to see my favorite part animated finally.

What do people think of Joker Game? The final bit with all the close up of the faces made it just feel so campy and melodramatic that I couldn't really take it seriously.

I think that ending was supposed to end the episode on a tense note.

But I didn't feel anything to be honest.

Still, I'll definitely check out the next episode. I mean, anime about spies don't come around very often.

ibyea

Banned

I liked it. Yes it is typical anime kind of thing but hey I am a sucker for that sometimes.

I guess I have Prime.

ARMqyUS.jpg

Having not seen the show I'm having a hard time reconciling the scale differences here between the town, the rails, the cliffs, and the river below. All of it seems incredibly out of scale with one another.

duckroll

Some of the shots are pretty cheesy, the "gotcha" tone is really on the nose, and there's a ton of cheap exposition, but I dig it. Reminds me of live action stuff actually, which might explain the cheese. Animated characters still have better acting than the typical J-Drama though. :p

ibyea

Banned
I was thumbing through ANN's season guide or whatever and one of their Joker Game reviews seemed like a new low:

Hmm, I understand the reviewer's hesitation, heck I am Korean, I would know. That said though I thought the show made a point to demonstrate how in the large scope of things, nationalism and patriotism was pointless in the world of the harsh and cold realpolitiks. Heck, that is the whole point of showing the card/mind game and of course the name of the show is the game, the Joker Game.

ibyea

Banned
Havent gotten a chance to look up any of the new shows this season so I'm just gonna watch Pokemon XY. Pretty surprised how good the first two episodes were.

I have only watched a few episodes but yeah I can't believe how much improved Pokemon is. Gone are the streaky backgrounds and now the camera is all dynamic and stuff.

Clov

I really liked the first episode. Favorite new show out of the new ones I've watched so far. I just found it really interesting, and I want to see where it will end up going. Honestly, the only bit of camp that I felt from the episode was the over the top foreigner.

Jarmel

Banned
Just watched Stray Dogs. Don't really get why people are bringing up Kekkai Sensen, it's much more reminiscent of Ouran High School Club in direction.

Puruzi

Banned
Pokemon X and Y is so much better than every previous series that it's jarring.

Like the step up in quality in all areas is insanely huge

jesus christ, just watched the first ep of Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, what is up with these subtitles, i can't keep up, i have to keep pausing it. I don't think I'm going to continue this anime unless i can find it with the subs at a readable pace.

I'd watch it but I don't need my heart broken once again for Ash to find a waifu and then just like that

she's gone

That's what's preventing me from watching it as well. The animation looks fantastic, don't get me wrong. But they seem to be pushing the romance angle more than they have before with Serena this season (which still isn't all that much, but still) and it's just going to make it all the more painful and depressing once Gen VII rolls around and the inevitable happens.

That's what's preventing me from watching it as well. The animation looks fantastic, don't get me wrong. But they seem to be pushing the romance angle more than they have before with Serena this season (which still isn't all that much, but still) and it's just going to make it all the more painful and depressing once Gen VII rolls around and the inevitable happens.

Honestly, most of the shipping is relegated to a few unimportant and skippable episodes. It's worth watching if you like Pokemon

Ash wakes up from the hospital a grown man, having been passed out since the bike accident in S1.

A grown old ass pikachu with a beard is holding his hand and sleeping on a chair by the bed.

"It's been PIKA hundred years" he says

Puruzi

Banned
jesus christ, just watched the first ep of Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, what is up with these subtitles, i can't keep up, i have to keep pausing it. I don't think I'm going to continue this anime unless i can find it with the subs at a readable pace.

This is only really an issue in the first episode. I recommend you continue, it's a great series.

Moaradin

Only the first episode goes at that pace. It's a lot easier afterwards.

Honestly, most of the shipping is relegated to a few unimportant and skippable episodes. It's worth watching if you like Pokemon

As long as they're not treating it like a super-important aspect of the season's plot, then I guess I'll probably check it out someday.

I'll be mad if they make Ash lose the Pokemon League again though. Like, he's got a Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame, and a Greninja this time around.

He's never been more OP. Seriously, look at this:
lnupdu.gif
3ad.gif

This is only really an issue in the first episode. I recommend you continue, it's a great series.

Only the first episode goes at that pace. It's a lot easier afterwards.

thats good to hear cause its no fun having to constantly pause it. just want to sit back and enjoy.

As long as they're not treating it like a super-important aspect of the season's plot, then I guess I'll probably check it out someday.

I'll be mad if they make Ash lose the Pokemon League again though. Like, he's got a Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame, and a Greninja this time around.

lnupdu.gif
3ad.gif

still salty no hawlucha in pokken but they put fucking libre pikachu. because its such a smart thing to do to put another pikachu when you literally have more than 700 choices to pick from, one of which is already a real god damn luchadore pokemon

I have only watched a few episodes but yeah I can't believe how much improved Pokemon is. Gone are the streaky backgrounds and now the camera is all dynamic and stuff.

Yup. The battles are more interesting and Clemont and Bonnie seem like cool side characters so far. I watched a video about XY on /r/Anime and that convinced me to give it a shot. I havent seriously watched Pokemon since season 1 and the Origins mini series that came out a while back, which was fucking amazing.

I mean theres stupid Team Rocket shenanigans as well but the battles and occasional sakuga looks hype. Its a nice show to watch while you eat or clean as it doesnt demand 100% of your attention.

I'll be mad if they make Ash lose the Pokemon League again though. Like, he's got a Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame, and a Greninja.

lnupdu.gif
3ad.gif

I hope he at leasts gets top 2 in the league, since his highest was top 4 where he lost against the fucking Darkrai guy. Though honestly, even if he won the league, it was established that you'd still need to fight the elite four and champion to actually become champion, and the league just qualifies you for the title fights.

ibyea

Banned

lnupdu.gif
3ad.gif

Did I just see Hawlucha kicking Zapdos's butt?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom