• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

YOU'VE FOUGHT WELL ASH

You may have defeated my Lucario

but here's MEGA SHADOW MEWTWO

AND THERE'S TWO MORE OF THEM, BITCH
I mean, if you weren't aware, that's literally what happened in the Diamond/Pearl anime. They trotted out this guy who had never been in the show before and he had a fucking Darkrai and Latios.

That was literally the only way they could think of to get Ash to lose the League, because his team was so fucking stacked.

They'll just trot out a guy who has a team full of legendaries again.

Remember that bullshit

UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Rememer that Ash brought his Torkoal for that fight? TORKOAL.

I hope he at leasts gets top 2 in the league, since his highest was top 4 where he lost against the fucking Darkrai guy. Though honestly, even if he won the league, it was established that you'd still need to fight the elite four and champion to actually become champion, and the league just qualifies you for the title fights.

He just needs to win the league and I'll consider it a step up.

Jarmel

Banned
Exorcists-1
gaDOhP5.jpg

Kinda reminds me of Inu Curry's work.
The art design for Maguro and the Kegare is really cool. I love the sketchy look it all has. I hate the character designs but whatever.
Ok I like her.

They'll just trot out a guy who has a team full of legendaries again.

Remember that bullshit

Motherfucking Tobias. There's always been a running joke about this asshole having his two legendaries, and his other four Pokemon are just Magikarp
250px-Tobias.png

Ash's fight against Paul is legit great, but damn did this piss me off.

Cornbread78

Nagi no Asukara ep. 7-9
It's been so long since I put this one on the shelf and I immediately remembered why.... My ship was already sunk and it just went further down the shitter with these episodes. It was actually pretty sad, Okada being Okada, I guess.. Which, ultimately, means this is gonna happen in Mayoiga at some point as well. damn drama... Poor Hikari, time to move on to your true lover that actually likes you and not thar awkward land boy.

Oh and I forgot just how damn beautiful this show is. It also has great music as well..

UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Rememer that Ash brought his Torkoal for that fight? TORKOAL.

He just needs to win the league and I'll consider it a step up.

I'm pretty sure they're setting Ash up to lose against his rival (shouta) in the league, because otherwise Shouta is going to be a pretty laughable rival whose main trait is getting constantly bodied. Plus his whole gimmick is learning and constantly taking notes even when defeated

ibyea

Banned
I'd watch it but I don't need my heart broken once again for Ash to find a waifu and then just like that

WGGhoFP.gif

she's gone

That's what's preventing me from watching it as well. The animation looks fantastic, don't get me wrong. But they seem to be pushing the romance angle more than they have before with Serena this season (which still isn't all that much, but still) and it's just going to make it all the more painful and depressing once Gen VII rolls around and the inevitable happens.

I mean is that stuff that important to the enjoyment of all cool stuff pokemon anime does now?

Nagi no Asukara ep. 7-9
It's been so long since I put this one on the shelf and I immediately remembered why.... My ship was already sunk and it just went further down the shitter with these episodes. It was actually pretty sad, Okada being Okada, I guess.. Which, ultimately, means this is gonna happen in Mayoiga at some point as well. damn drama... Poor Hikari, time to move on to your true lover that actually likes you and not thar awkward land boy.

Oh and I forgot just how damn beautiful this show is. It also has great music as well..

NagiAsu has fantastic art and music. I loved the show even though the story was kind of Okada. But the Ofunehiki is coming up and things start getting very interesting.

It was one of the few box sets I bought but the blu ray for NagiAsu was worth every penny. Just gorgeous.

I mean, if you weren't aware, that's literally what happened in the Diamond/Pearl anime. They trotted out this guy who had never been in the show before and he had a fucking Darkrai and Latios.

That was literally the only way they could think of to get Ash to lose the League, because his team was so fucking stacked.

Lmao no fucking way. Poor Ash.

Jarmel

Banned
That's what I said on Twitter. It's Ouran with more action and better art.

I think I like the overall look of Ouran more but I think it's because I wasn't a fan of the colors/processing during the sunset scene, as it reminded me of GoHands, and so rubbed me the wrong way. That said, the rest of the show doesn't really look like that.

I was aware and I laughed my ass off. They really don't ever wanna have the kid win, kids have gotten the message that winning isn't everything by now so now it's just a fuck you to Ash.

Grexeno

I was aware and I laughed my ass off. They really don't ever wanna have the kid win, kids have gotten the message that winning isn't everything by now so now it's just a fuck you to Ash.
They don't want him to win because then they'd have to change the main character and you can't do that because motherfucking Pikachu.

ibyea

Banned
Bungo Stray Dogs: 1
Got to admit, that gag at the beginning where he was going to steal the first person he was going to come across was pretty funny.

Not an exceptional show in terms of story, but it looks great and it's pretty fun. Also, I did a double take when Edogawa Ranpo appeared. I was like wait a freaking minute! And then I proceeded to google all their names. I don't know what is the point of this gimmick and that's probably all it is but I am okay with it.

Jarmel

Banned
Really was impressed with the Stray Dogs OST too. People have been hyping it up to heaven and turns out it actually is good. Good amount of variety and instruments.

They don't want him to win because then they'd have to change the main character and you can't do that because motherfucking Pikachu.

true. I mean you can have the character win one region's and then go to another. Most people wouldn't know who he is

the issue stems from that Ash is so basic he loves losing to random ass people/newbies so he'd get his ass beat and people would be like "wait so I beat the champion? LAWL" so then Ash would ALWAYS have to win or only get beaten by elite mofo trainers

But then again if he didn't keep sending his OP pokemon to fucking Oak, he'd always win.

"Oh you have a nice little bidoof? Bitch, here's my Charizard from like 20 seasons ago"

I mean, it wouldn't be too hard to give a new character a Pikachu that acts similarly (as in, no pokeball). You don't even need to make it the "starter", since you could do it like the Pokemon Special manga and just have the Pikachu be like a childhood Pokemon that he's always lived with

I mean, it wouldn't be too hard to give a new character a Pikachu that acts similarly (as in, no pokeball). You don't even need to make it the "starter", since you could do it like the Pokemon Special manga and just have the Pikachu be like a childhood Pokemon that he's always lived with

the best shit to come out of Pokemon, fight scenes in this aside, was that pokemon season where you followed all of these different trainers and their adventures. Like the Gold-type dude with his Typhlosion. I'd like to follow him but nope, let's follow beta Ash

Bungo Stray Dogs: 1
Got to admit, that gag at the beginning where he was going to steal the first person he was going to come across was pretty funny.

Not an exceptional show in terms of story, but it looks great and it's pretty fun. Also, I did a double take when Edogawa Ranpo appeared. I was like wait a freaking minute! And then I proceeded to google all their names. I don't know what is the point of this gimmick and that's probably all it is but I am okay with it.

It's not just a naming convention; aspects of the characters' personalities and their supernatural powers are based off the lives and works of their author namesakes. BluWacky noted a couple of the references here.

If I recall he actually managed to beat his Darkrai, and then Latios came out and it was like "are you fucking serious right now"

Yeah. He also did beat Latios, but it was a double ko, and Ash was on his last Pokemon so he lost.

But Ash was also the only person in the league to even beat Darkrai (Including the guy who lost to Tobias in the finals)

Yeah. He also did beat Latios, but it was a double ko, and Ash was on his last Pokemon so he lost.

But Ash was also the only person in the league to even beat Darkrai (Including the guy who lost to Tobias in the finals)

would have been funny if he revealed the rest of his pokemon and it was like

Mewtwo
Entei
WarGreymon

chronicles?

Yes that's the one. Though specifically I just liked the Gold dude.

Grexeno

Ash's Sinnoh team was kind of fucking badass.

His team this season is fucking stacked. Outside of Pikachu, he has:

1. A Greninja that literally has a special form that looks vaguely like Ash
2. Smogon bird
3. A Hawlucha that aerial dropkicks a FUCKING ZAPDOS
4. A fucking Noivern

I can't wait to see how he somehow loses this time.

2. Smogon bird
4. A fucking Noivern

Probably Mega Sceptile

Maybe Ash and Serena get married and Pikachu also finds his S support and the next series could be about their kids 10 years later.

Ash is too busy being the motherfuckin best like no one ever was so he always neglects his kid. His kid wants to surpass Ash and become the hokage so he sets off on his own adventure along with Pikachus kid. They are joined by Brock and Mistys daughter.

2. Smogon bird
4. A fucking Noivern

is it really that stacked? I just read about a lulzy defeat of his greninja. I clearly haven't watched it but the bulbapedia entry is hilariious it's like "greninja does this thing, the pokemon punches it, greninja does this other thing, the pokemon is faster and punches it" lol

is it really that stacked? I just read about a lulzy defeat of his greninja. I clearly haven't watched it but the bulbapedia entry is hilariious it's like "greninja does this thing, the pokemon punches it, greninja does this other thing, the pokemon is faster and punches it" lol

Greninja's main loss was to Alain's Mega Charizard. Said Mega Charizard beat an elite four member's mega Houndoom. Also it's one of those fights whose main purpose was to set up a rematch

Grexeno

It really is that fucking stacked. Also he had a Goomy that evolved all the way into a Goodra earlier in the show but it left because holy fucking shit that team could have beaten Our Lord and Savior Arceus.

Grexeno

Also hilarious is that, between the 4th gen anime and the 6th gen anime, where Ash and his team are colossal badasses, there's Best Wishes Ash.

In Best Wishes, during his fight with the Electric gym leader, Ash only brings one Pokemon (a Ground type), and has to go back to the fucking Pokemon Center in the middle of the fight to grab more Pokemon because he thought he only needed the one.

Don't watch Best Wishes. Ever.

It's fucking ass.

It really is that fucking stacked. Also he had a Goomy that evolved all the way into a Goodra earlier in the show but it left because holy fucking shit that team could have beaten Our Lord and Savior Arceus.

they give Ash a pseudo legendary dragon type pokemon and then due to plot reasons it has to leave.

See that's the proof you need that they want him to lose again haha

Also hilarious is that, between the 4th gen anime and the 6th gen anime, where Ash and his team are colossal badasses, there's Best Wishes Ash.

In Best Wishes, during his fight with the Electric gym leader, Ash only brings one Pokemon (a Ground type), and has to go back to the fucking Pokemon Center in the middle of the fight to grab more Pokemon because he thought he only needed the one.

Don't watch Best Wishes. Ever.

It's fucking ass.
Seriously? Oh my god that's pathetic. I heard Best Wishes was bad, but since I skipped it entirely, I had no Idea it was that awful

Lol, I forgot about that image.

There was actually an episode where Ash's Pikachu fights an insanely strong Magikarp.
magikarp_vs_pikachu_by_suga1313-d63tkpr.gif

Also, not to imply X and Y isn't quality on its own. It is. But it has the advantage of coming after Pokemon Black and White.
240px-Season_14_logo.png

The series that even hardcore fans don't like. Everything about Black and White felt like a step down from the previous series.

Ash regressed as a trainer, doing worse in this league than he did in previous seasons.
His team didn't develop, and at the end of the season, he had a bunch of undeveloped nothing pokemon. (His Snivy never learned a new move after he caught it.) Cilan's and Iris's respective goals were nothing, and as such, they never developed.
Ash had a bunch of loser rivals no one liked, and ultimately lost to this nerd in the league.
The animation quality was all over the place, even though the series constantly reused the same animation.
The gym battles were uneven, and Ash rarely used any form of strategy.
Team Rocket got a powerup that ultimately finally led to Ash meeting Giovanni only for nothing to really happen. They don't even have a battle.

Grexeno

Pokemon anime writers after Sinnoh: "Okay Ash got way too fucking strong. Let's actually remove his brain next series."

Pokemon anime writers after Best Wishes: "PUT IT BACK IN"

Cornbread78

NagiAsu has fantastic art and music. I loved the show even though the story was kind of Okada. But the Ofunehiki is coming up and things start getting very interesting.

It was one of the few box sets I bought but the blu ray for NagiAsu was worth every penny. Just gorgeous.

I figured it's been on my "currently watching" list way too long now, so I should finish it up.

Hey, you know what else happens in Black and White? Ash's main rival in the series is a beginning trainer called Trip, which is already stupid, but Ash straight up loses his first fight in Unova to Trip's first pokemon, Snivy.

He loses with Pikachu.

The Pikachu that just fought a Latios to a draw.

There's an episode in XY where Ash falls into another dimension, and meets that universe's version of himself. That Ash constantly cries, and gets picked on by his friends.The anime community likes to believe that Black and White just followed this wimpy Ash that no one likes for a season, and thus isn't really canon.

Personally I'd rather we have a Majin Bone Let's Watch as everybody here knows what Pokemon is while so many people in here don't know how about Majin Bone and how good it is.

I never played Black and White but my little brother told me that game had one of the best Pokemon game stories. Surprised the show was pretty awful. Did they have N in the show?

Also I wish Crunchy or someone streamed the Japanese Pokemon XY. I heard the dub removed a lot of the soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom