• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

it's probably along the lines of dark horizon if i had to guess

(the textbook everyone is freaking out about and the ones we currently use at school are called New Horizon)

Back when I was teaching (oh my god it's been two years everyone I taught in middle school is in high school now), we used New Crown at my school. I wonder if that book has changed at all.

Ascheroth

I'm down to watch anything really. My highest rated shows are typically shonen animes, but I've watched most genres.

I've recently gotten into sports animes so I'd like to watch some of those.
- I've watched Kuroko's, Haikyuu and Ping Pong the Animation.

Here is myanimelist which shows what I've watched so far.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/keffri

I completely missed this, welcome!

Selfishly, I'll point you directly at Clannad and Clannad After Story, just because it's an amazing experience and from your list, you can appreciate good drama / Romance. Same with Cross Game with is a good sports/drama series.
Barakamon, which is a really good SoL series. D-Frag is a really funny comedy, Eureka 7 has a little bit of everything, Golden Boy(Crunchyroll) is a short ecchi comedy. Little Busters(Crunchyroll) is a good conedy/drama, and if you don't mind sone fanservice and a lot of dialog, some action and some comedy start the *Monogatari series with Bakemonogatari and enjoy the ride.

A few others:(all on Crunchyroll)
Toradora
Blast of Tempest
Working
Usagi Drop
Kokoro Connect
Yamada-kunand the Seven Witches
ef-A Tale of Memories
Sabagebu!

I don't watch a lot of your action Shounen series, but I'm 50 episodes into Fairy Tail and it has been really good so far.

That should keep you busy for a while, lol.

Don't watch Fairy Tail, it's not worth it. (Sorry Cornbread)
Can't comment on those others as I haven't watched most of them, besides Blast of Tempest, D-Frag and Eureka 7, but I can recommend those.

If you want a really good longer shonen anime, maybe give Gintama a try. It's usually a hilarious comedy, but also features action, plenty of emotional moments, etc (I doesn't go into serious mode often, but when it does, it really does..
It's 316 episodes. The beginning is mostly regarded as a slow burn and it's starts getting really good for most somewhere in the 20ies, but after that it's consistent greatness.

Or you could also try diving into JoJo, where its 4th part is currently airing. It's a campy, over-the-top, bizarre and fabulous action shonen.

Glancing over your Plan to Watch list:
Another - I just watched that last weekend, and I can recommend it. It's hilarious as a dark comedy with an eerie undertone, not sure how it holds up if you watch it as a 'serious horror' show. It picks up steam somewhere in the 3rd episode iirc.
Code Geass - Judging from the other shows you enjoyed you're most likely going to have a lot of fun with this one. It's a very entertaining ride.
Grimgar surprisingly turned out to be something that really grew on me, even though I was also initially very offput by the stupidly unnecessary LN trash dialogue it had at times. Also has probably one of the best action episodes of last season.
Tokyo Ghoul - If you're even remotely interested do yourself a favor and forget about the anime, read the manga instead. The anime is an abomination.
Can't comment about the others.

No rush in 'catching up'. There's way too many good anime out there.

DiGiKerot

I guess Funimation have finally put their years of unused UK streaming rights to good use and actually launched their much-delayed UK streaming service now.

Can't say I've used it yet, since I'm at work and all, but they do have a 30day free trial running right now to apologise for launching two months late, and also Puchimas, so go knock yourselves out.

brawly

@keffri

Watch Hajime no Ippo and Slam Dunk. Those two are among the best sports anime ever. After that give Ace of Diamond a go.

edit: we have the exact same Kuroko no Basket scores :eek:

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is Kuromakuro going to be garbage aka should I go to bed or stay up 1 hour and 1 minute to watch it. Please respond.

Defuser

Meanwhile in pokemon.....
1460024617259zfqzk.jpg

1460024618736k5p2b.jpg

1460024622243v5oh3.jpg

1460024623522b6qe9.jpg

This is gonna give some shippers a heart attack.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can't say I've used it yet, since I'm at work and all, but they do have a 30day free trial running right now to apologise for launching two months late, and also Puchimas, so go knock yourselves out.

Well it looks like you can watch Puchimas even as a guest so no one has an excuse not to watch it now.

Well unless they are allergic to Funimation which is perfectly understandable.

kewlmyc

Kabaneri hype. Please be good.
I wonder if Amazon will do the same thing as Netflix and wait until the series is over to put it on Amazon Prime.

Is Kuromakuro going to be garbage aka should I go to bed or stay up 1 hour and 1 minute to watch it. Please respond.
No one knows. You're probably one of the few who will be able to watch it on here since Neflix has the streaming rights and won't be putting out subs until it finishes.

Can't wait for her to leave at the end of the current game gen like every Pokemon female. :p

pbayne

This gets me more interested in pokemon than any of the cool action stuff.

Also what elixer of life is Ash drinking? Dosen't look like hes aged at all from the original series.

BluWacky

PROS:

- Tensai Okamura!
- we know very little about it other than there is a mech and a ninja

CONS:

- PA Works :(
- we know very little about it

You be the judge!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I wonder if Amazon will do the same thing as Netflix and wait until the series is over to put it on Amazon Prime.

No one knows. You're probably one of the few who will be able to watch it on here since Neflix has the streaming rights and won't be putting out subs until it finishes.

Can't wait for her to leave at the end of the current game gen like every Pokemon female. :p

PROS:

- Tensai Okamura!
- we know very little about it other than there is a mech and a ninja

CONS:

- PA Works :(
- we know very little about it

You be the judge!

I don't like these odds. A lot of the material has mechs but the PV was lacking in it, hmmMMM. Oh well, we'll see.

Jintor

well i grabbed my copies of new horizon today. I actually get teacher copies this year. bizarre.

the internet has already screenshotted all anime content out of the books, but there's like 12 illustrators listed, so I wonder who among them is very happy their design has suddenly memed the world

Black Hat

Have a feeling this is going to be a rough season. MyHeroAca and Re:Zero is all that has hit some sort of cord early days for me.

Will cross my fingers that Ace Attorney gets to watchable levels also.

Why did Gintama have to stop. :'(

Jarmel

Banned
Joker Game-1

Clumsy. The whole thing just comes off as clumsy. If you're going for an intelligent spy work, you have to trust that your viewers are not semi-brain dead.

Ascheroth

Mawaru Penguindrum - 07

So Project M (at least according to Ringo) doesn't stand for Marriage, it's one step beyond..
Aniki is knee-deep in all this stuff, huh. I wonder if this is only because of the stuff Boushi-sama did to him in episode 1 or if it started before that already.
Yuri moves fast. Ringo continues to be reeeeally obsessed. Damn. Takakura junior has it rough.
I didn't mention it the last couple times, but the penguins continue to be hilariously hilarious and I like how all the metaphors are either related to penguins or aquatic life. Pretty neat.

Mawaru Penguindrum - 08

Ringo goes full assault mode, but Takakura junior prevents her from accomplishing her twisted 'goal'. Harsh words are exchanged and Takakura junior gets a glimps of her reason and reasoning.
And then at the end
someone tries to steal the Diary and rips it apart while trying. I wonder, was that Aniki, Redhair or a new contestant?
I really like how the info displays in the subways are always relevant to something that's currently happening.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Damn, first clip stopped right before it got hype, how good is the katana guy? 1000x folded tier?

He comes out of a black cube and unsheaths a LazKatana. Chuu2 overload

Hm. I like that the CG mechs seem to have some weight to them as apposed to the usual floatiness, but I'll wait until I watch the whole episode.

I think it looked alright. It's obviously CG when they move but it's not an eyesore.

Ascheroth

It airs in 2 hours. Nobody knows if that is when it starts streaming.

It airs in 2 hours with a 2 hour delay by amazon according to the chart. Of course, doesn't have to be true, but earlier today the +2 wasn't there, so the information has to come from somewhere, I think.

well i grabbed my copies of new horizon today. I actually get teacher copies this year. bizarre.

the internet has already screenshotted all anime content out of the books, but there's like 12 illustrators listed, so I wonder who among them is very happy their design has suddenly memed the world

Now all your students will be disappointed that you're not a cute anime girl ;p

Aki-at

Was wondering what announcement broke GAF, but with everything, it's always that one little letter in a random piece of code.

People actually like Ash to want to ship him with someone? He's like the ultimate failure of a trainer :p

Jintor

Now all your students will be disappointed that you're not a cute anime girl ;p

hell, i'm disappointed

yuyushiki 12 -END-

thus ends one of the most relaxing series I've ever had the pleasure of watching. will we ever get another season? I don't know if I need one, but it'd be a nice treat.

Aki-at

Ash was good in Sinnoh and he's very good now.

Not sure if I can get by my past dislike of him.

Rather have the male/female lead of whatever current game as the main character than Ash and his Pikachu (which also happens to be one of my least liked OG Pokemon too.)

Crocodile

Does MetroidPrimeRib have the Attack on Train OT ready to go? I'm really curious to see if this show can succeed where Attack on Titan did (in terms of being a Western hit) and did not (in terms of having good pacing, non-shitty characters, a consistent production, etc.)

Does MetroidPrimeRib have the Attack on Train OT ready to go? I'm really curious to see if this show can succeed where Attack on Titan did (in terms of being a Western hit) and did not (in terms of having good pacing, non-shitty characters, a consistent production, etc.)

It will succeed in jack shit.

It already succeeded in having better character designs though!

Nope, can't even agree with that. Not a fan of characters being dressed up in gimmicky stuff, even if that in theory makes them more unique. Also the 3DMG and uniforms from AoT are kinda neat, wonder if there's going to be anything equivalent here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom