• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.33 may be a masterpiece for all I know, and maybe it will be once 4 drops. As a standalone piece in my opinion it had way too many issues and plot holes for me to enjoy it properly. I spent more time trying to make sense of what was in front of me than actually watching it, and it still made absolutely 0 sense. If 4 revisits these plot threads left hanging, maybe I'll go back and try to understand a little better. Otherwise I'll stick to rewatching the original show + EoE.

If you like Eva a lot I suggest giving the Eva manga a try. Will being more or less the same story it's different in a meaningful way that gives a good reason to give it a read. I.e Kaji now as a backstory, Kaworu personality is quite different, the ending, etc.

Cornbread78

Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV ep.2
oYDXUZZ.gif

So Prompt went through all of that training just to properly introduce himself to the prince? Is this Yaoi hinting in Final Fantasy? He definitely went out of his way to look good for the prince from puffy to fit in a short amount of time, lol. Entertaining stuff at least and should be a fun to watch the bromance in the show and the game.

Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV ep.2
oYDXUZZ.gif

So Prompt went through all of that training just to properly introduce himself to the prince? Is this Yaoi hinting in Final Fantasy? He definitely went out of his way to look good for the prince from puffy to fit in a short amount of time, lol. Entertaining stuff at least.

considering the way he kept sniffing that card and the question he asked at the end, seems like it's also partially for other reasons.

John Blade

Well...now I have a good idea of why the female Kei want to kill herself as the flashback basically tell me the reason. Very stupid reason I have to say. I guess knowing that they is another her now, she want to restart her life all over again. Unfortunately, this didn't end well for the male Kei as she basically reject him over his other friend. Shot down...

Now, new people who was in few episodes are now join into the game after they died from accident or attack by gang. Don't really like the gang team as they look like asshole and betting they will be 1st to get kill in the mission. The grandma and her nephew kinda suck for them as they're in this game without any choice. Kinda don't want to get kill in the gruesome way but at the same time will be interesting if they manage to survive or not. The other guy model and her ghost girl, can't say much of them.

Seeing Masaru trying to take the lead is interesting to see as his personality have change after the 1st battle. Will see if he will get more tough or will he break down during fight. Also, the creepy guy, Jouichirou, isn't happy Masaru is telling the new members of what to do in this game. I am guessing he want to keep it quiet so only the best will live while the rest die. I will wonder if he will do something which will take away any advantage the new people have in this battle.

Also, look like the creator bring in his naughty stuff in as you got to see the main male Kei fondle with female Kei breast around. I guess those don't get old quick.

Now, time for the 2nd battle and see what will happen to the main character and how they will fight in this battle as the main male Kei didn't bring his suit in this battle. Hope it get interesting...

If you like Eva a lot I suggest giving the Eva manga a try. Will being more or less the same story it's different in a meaningful way that gives a good reason to give it a read. I.e Kaji now as a backstory, Kaworu personality is quite different, the ending, etc.

I've tried it before, but it's just way too thick of a series for me. Like 14 or 15 volumes thick? For someone with the attention span of a parakeet, I can guarantee you that I wouldn't get through more than half of it, but I believe that it must be great. Hence why I stick to anime more than I do manga. It's easier to digest.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #11

Yet another fun episode about Rokuro and Benio getting closer with some neat action to top it off. Subaru and her shenangians are entertaining as hell.
And man is the facegame in this show strong.

So is the background art.

And was it just me or was the action more kinetic then usual, especially when Rokuro set up his Air Fissure Bullet.
I also need some gifs/webms about those attack name effects. They look so smooooth.

And yiss, the next 2 episodes are going to be awesome.

I've tried it before, but it's just way too thick of a series for me. Like 14 or 15 volumes thick? For someone with the attention span of a parakeet, I can guarantee you that I wouldn't get through more than half of it, but I believe that it must be great. Hence why I stick to anime more than I do manga. It's easier to digest.
Yea it's 15 volume. Heh well it's a good reason! But if you do one day consider it, know that it's a good read.

Twin Star Exorcists #11

Is anyone besides me and cornbread still watching this?

I tried the first episode.

Wasn't a fan. Pretty disappointed about it because a male and female duo action anime that isn't a harem sounds like it'd be fun, but I'd rather the show not have a dark, grim-and-gritty, super-serious atmosphere for its story and be a bit more lighthearted and colorful all around.

phaze

Bungou Stray Dogs 11

Well what do you know, I was expecting a return to the mediocrity this show displays mostly when in episodic mode but this was actually pretty good. Not elongating either of the parts into a full episode made the pacing brisk and the subject matter impossible to tire off. 2nd part's humour slayed me multiple times. Amish4lyfe

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists #11
Yet another fun episode about Rokuro and Benio getting closer with some neat action to top it off. Subaru and her shenangians are entertaining as hell.
And was it just me or was the action more kinetic then usual, especially when Rokuro set up his Air Fissure Bullet.
I also need some gifs/webms about those attack name effects. They look so smooooth.

Yeah, there are only a few of us watching it sadly. It's so much better than most of the other crap out there as well. Even the sudden comedic moments have started to grow on me a little because they have done an excellent job with character and relationship development since the beginning.

Wasn't a fan. Pretty disappointed about it because a male and female duo action anime that isn't a harem sounds like it'd be fun, but I'd rather the show not have a dark, grim-and-gritty, super-serious atmosphere for its story and be a bit more lighthearted and colorful all around.

It definitely has some darker undertones, but on the outside they have a good amount of comedy and lighthearted moments to balance things out. It's very similar to FMA:B in this regard, almost a blatant rip-off of sorts...

Ascheroth

It's actually more lighthearted then dark and super serious overall.

John Blade

Duke Togo vs the some South American mercenaries. So dumb like commando but so fun to see Duke destroy his enemies as a one man armies force. All because one guy want him to kill someone who kill his entire family.

javac

Just got back from watching When Marnie Was There at the cinema. Since I just got back I won't write a review just yet but I thought that I'd at least let you all know how much I loved it. The cinema wasn't packed but I was surprised by the fact that everyone other than myself was a lot older, it actually made me really happy to see the reach of Ghibli films first hand and how they resonate with everybody, and its obviously always nice to see older people there to dispel the notion that they don't appreciate animated films, so although it wasn't packed it was still nice to see. It was also easy to see that everybody there was touched by the film, with everyone wiping away tears by the end.

And yes, from the first scene I had tears running down my cheeks, it was a real pouch to the gut and by the end I was a mess. The film really hit really close to home and had me reflecting on myself in a way I didn't expect. A beautiful film inside and out, I'm really glad that I got to see Ghibli's last on the big screen. Visually stunning, a hauntingly beautiful score and a story that everyone can relate to, it stands with Ghibli's greats as a shining example of the studio and the industry at its best.

Ascheroth

Yeah, there are only a few of us watching it sadly. It's so much better than most of the other crap out there as well. Even the sudden comedic moments have started to grow on me a little because they have done an excellent job with character and relationship development since the beginning.

I went in with no expectations, because 50 episodes, mascot and all that, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
I might like it more then the Hero Academia anime, lol.

phaze

Ouran High School Host Club 26 END

Damn cheesy, abrupt, by the books, doesn't deliver on what I thought it was building up to. Yet despite it all, still pretty damn effective. The red alert lighting bulbs started buzzing in my head when, right up till the latter part of episode 25, there was very little that could tell you, hey this show is ending in 30 minutes. And in a lot of ways, though they managed to tie it surprisingly well with some continuous plotlines or recurring character issues (though I'm not sure how much of Tamaki's backstory fed to me here is faithful to the source material) this definitely didn't feell like a very conclusive ending.

While some of the plot choices here felt way too convenient or forced in order to deliver the protagonists where the story wanted them to arrive to, the unholy amount of cheese that is the last sequence was magnificently sold by the use of the show's ending theme. The lead in to it, was already one of my favorites, as expertly used to signal an end of a number of episodes as it was, but here, its use to underline Haruhi's new-found resolve was just sublime. 10/10. Rest of the ED proper also matched pretty well with what was happening at the screen and I'm pretty sure that part of the lyrics did too. While sometimes I feel the use of OP's or ED's track in a series feels forced, awkward and just not very warranted (khe :re khe zero), this to my mind was one of the finest examples of it.

I don't really have much to say about whole show as I always struggle to describe why a comedy does or doesn't work for it but while quite a bit of the episodic material didn't quite tickle my fance and while some of the humour did end up growing stale, Ouran High School Club remains a finely crafted piece of comedic content. Not quite up there with my all time favourites but not very far below.

John Blade

Well...nothing much really happen. All come to discussion of whether or not you need to wear the suit, another nude scene with female Kei, how dumb the people in the team are, and one of the team member is now death. Also, MC Kei don't have his suit or weapon and now he is the 1st one to pick up the alien. A 95% talk and 5% action. Meh....

Arabesque

Twin Star Exorcists #11

I'm still watching it, and liking it a whole lot, but it didn't wow me like it did in episode 1 so far. Episode 10+11 were good tho.

Cornbread78

Fullmetal Alchemist:B ep.29
Ok, so everyone is cornered with nowhere to run off to. I wonder how they are going to get out of this one. Those two Xian chicks fighting at the end was kinda hilarious like :
"I got 1 arm lil' loli ninja and I'll still kick your ass."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom