• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

I was. Is that really the best? Man...

yes, like I said personally, there was controlled and consistent tension through out and it ended on a pretty insane note; Genthru and others had no idea what was coming

My Hero Academia has the most Rule 63 I've seen in such a small amount of time.

oh my god

Every sword of the stranger review:

Final fight was dope af 10/10

haha, the main narrative wasn't the least bit intriguing for me but it wasn't that it was bad either

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
One of the most amazing parts of Sword of the Stranger for me was

Major Spoilers

Both of the warriors that were a focus of the movie and dueled at the end were European foreigners.

The Sword of the Stranger indeed

Jarmel

Banned
ReZero-11
nN3X8VA.png

Rem's stuff was nice.
In some ways, this ending was amazingly unsatisfactory.
Yep the villain got away and we don't know who caused it
. For fuck's sake.

Feels like they could have easily trimmed this arc.

ReZero-11

In some ways, this ending was amazingly unsatisfactory.
Yep the villain got away and we don't know who caused it
. For fuck's sake.

Feels like they could have easily trimmed this arc.
This is as satisfactory as the ending is going to be for me cause this is where I'm stopping.

I'll just pretend that they all went to the moon and died after this.

Line_HTX

Kiznaiver 10

FFFUUcckk... Pain amplified 19 times, no wonder they had to give her all the drugs, which made her become deadpan.

I'm still waiting for the real purpose of this experiment. We finally got the flashback needed, but it has yet to say why was this established. I'm patient, but I hope the final two episodes deliver on both the drama and the objective.

This is one of those episodes where the ED should not have played at all. The cognitive dissonance was so great from the end of the episode that I almost felt sick hearing the ED come up.

Nico during the preview, ROFL... Hisomu-kun no... AHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

Flying Witch 09

Once again, I'm too lazy to post about past episodes at this point, so I'll just start now.

sHQeba0.png

#Bullying

FsBqlbG.png

Poor Al, blue in the face from Chito's bullying.

Kiznaiver 10

FFFUUcckk... Pain amplified 19 times, no wonder they had to give her all the drugs, which made her become deadpan.

I'm still waiting for the real purpose of this experiment. We finally got the flashback needed, but it has yet to say why was this established. I'm patient, but I hope the final two episodes deliver on both the drama and the objective.

Sonozaki stated the reason this project was established in the first episde:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SAO would be 10 times better if Kirito was a female.

Yep. All those arguing that Link should be a girl should really shift their focus on to this. Kirito has far less character than Link for starters.

Maybe BGBW puts the new thread up tomm, so it doesn't fill up over the weekend when everyone is busy, lol.

Nope. For starters there's basically no info on who is streaming what. That and I haven't finished all the art. But I have almost finished all the descriptions. Just a case of re-reading it for mistakes and what not. Remember Summer shows start in July so that's when my deadline is.

zulux21

So I got around to checking out the next anime season.

the following shows are the ones I plan on checking out.
Mob Psycho 100
Qualidea Code
91 Days
Rewrite
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
Battery
Orange
ReLIFE
Fukigen na Mononokean
Servamp

those are of the new IPs I plan to check out a few sequels as well.

there were a couple other slice of life shows that looked like they could be okay, but I will likely wait and see on those ones as slice of life tends to be far more miss than hit with me.

Squishy3

when's ian mckellan reads sao 16.5

i could also just take him saying kiss-shot acerola-orion-heart-under-blade

edit: here's the actual thing, it's back towards the end. he actually does 2 readings, one is the one where he stops halfway through and does the "what the fuck am i reading" and then the perfect read

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4984701/

Berserk 4

Guts' backstory is pretty ridiculous. The overbearing nihilism here would probably make me quit this if the production wasn't as good as it is. Lots of interesting visual choices.

Space Adventure Cobra 16-19
download.png

Great stuff.

This arc starts out simple, and slowly grows into this awesome mix of sports, espionage, and death. So Cobra is sent undercover to play a strange sport called rugball, imagine baseball with more elbow drops. (I think I speak for everyone when I say baseball could use more elbow drops. Really, that's how we save sports.) Rugball is a death sport, where it's completely legal to kill someone during the game. Cobra finds himself facing off a rugball team hellbent on killing him, both on and off the field. Cobra, being Cobra, handles it all with his cheeky grin, intellect, and physical prowess. I don't think he used his psychogun once in this arc either, which helps give this arc its own flavor.

Cornbread78

Nope. For starters there's basically no info on who is streaming what. That and I haven't finished all the art. But I have almost finished all the descriptions. Just a case of re-reading it for mistakes and what not. Remember Summer shows start in July so that's when my deadline is.

I was referring to Spring OT2 brotha... This puppy's gonna fill up in the middle of the weekend most likely. So you put the new one out there on your terns rather than waiting for that exact moment when you might be doing other things... controlled destiny, lol.

Well, I started Kiznaiver!

I'm kinda a bit backed up with shows I owe people lately, haha. I still need to get through Penguindrum and Your Lie in April.

Welp that was really the only thing from this season that I was going to tell you to watch, so yeah, you are good!

Get hype for a battle of the universe bruh!

As I told ninty on Twitter, I've been spoiled on quite a few things about this show, just due to how popular it is and how long ago it came out. I'm still excited to watch it nonetheless.

Cornbread78

Did you like it?

Also I'm aware that the show has a few OVAs/Movies. Are those just fluff or are they worth watching?

Overall, I definitely liked it, although it does go a little over-the-top a little towards the end, but that's part of its charm, I guess. Unfortunately, everyone but me likes the ending, but I'll say no more from that point for obvious reasons. I haven't seen any of the OVAs and/ movies.

Did you like it?

Also I'm aware that the show has a few OVAs/Movies. Are those just fluff or are they worth watching?

The Parallel Works OVAs are essentially just some extra fluff.

There are two movies, and they're both recaps that tell the same story but change a couple things. It's best to check these out after finishing the main TV series though.

We worldwide yet?

Overall, I definitely liked it, although it does go a little over-the-top a little towards the end, but that's part of its charm, I guess. Unfortunately, everyone but me likes the ending, but I'll say no more from that point for obvious reasons. I haven't seen any of the OVAs and/ movies.

The Parallel Works OVAs are essentially just some extra fluff.

There are two movies, and they're both recaps that tell the same story but change a couple things. It's best to check these out after finishing the main TV series though.

Gotcha thanks guys. Looking forward to this. I'll probably do an episode or two a day, we'll see. Sometimes I get sucked in and binge like crazy aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom