• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-at

WG3tOgc.png

Fairly useless Pokemon in the games too, a glass cannon if I ever saw one. Charmander 4 lyfe yo.

I'm ready for armshouse bruv ;:^)

The pacing for Kabaneri should almost certinaly be better than AoT just due to being an anime original.

And only having 11/12 episodes means Kabaneri won't have the time to futz about like Titans did. But I'm sure Kabaneri will feature Araki's usual turned up to 11 style, so I don't have high hopes of enjoying it myself.

Jarmel

Banned
And only having 11/12 episodes means Kabaneri won't have the time to futz about like Titans did. But I'm sure Kabaneri will feature Araki's usual turned up to 11 style, so I don't have high hopes of enjoying it myself.

Supposedly the first three episodes are part of a big prologue so I'm worried about the pacing being too quick in the later parts.

Its not a split season anime?

No. Noitamina is booked until Summer 2017.

Cornbread78

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun ep. 3-6
This is pretty fun, but really weird at the same time. I almost want to punch big sister and brother in the face myself because their antics are just stupid. On top of that we have these constant flashbacks to when they were little kids. Is it succubus #1 or 1/2 succubus tsundere maid rich check?

The Kabaneri designs are definitely way more attractive than the rather stale designs of Titans.

Yeah, I'd hardly call those designs "gimmicky". Like, they're all varied enough to make each character identifiable. There's nothing bad about them.

What I'm wondering about Kabaneri is if it'll end up being the Log Horizon to Attack On Titan's Sword Art Online. A show that has a similar feel to the latter, but has a better critical reception in here.

I don't foresee that happening, but who knows.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Twin Star Exorcist 1
1st half is anime original (to be specific, Benio fighting on a train), while the 2nd one are taken from manga. It's kinda weird in the 1st half Benio unseen companion keeps talking, but suddenly not talking at all during 2nd part.
As far as direction and animation goes, Its decent. Will probably keep watching to see if the anime original content is good or not.

Cornbread78

Yes, I just remembered that the true AOTY candidate airs in about an hour from now:

Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta?

9IJQrZX.jpg

I feel like I got a good dose of comedy on the previous season, so I'm not dying to watch another one. I have to admit though, what seemed like a stacked season doesn't seem that daunting anymore. I'm burning myself out on some genres. I'd be all over that show Corn, but I just don't have the will to do it lol.

Crocodile

Yeah, I'd hardly call those designs "gimmicky". Like, they're all varied enough to make each character identifiable. There's nothing bad about them.

What I'm wondering is if Kabaneri : Attack on Titan :: Log Horizon : Sword Art Online. A show that has a similar feel to a popular "predecessor", but has a better critical reception in here.

I don't foresee that happening, but who knows.

FTFY so that it reads better. But yeah I'm interested to see how things play out.

Cornbread78

I feel like I got a good dose of comedy on the previous season, so I'm not dying to watch another one. I have to admit though, what seemed like a stacked season doesn't seem that daunting anymore. I'm burning myself out on some genres. I'd be all over that show Corn, but I just don't have the will to do it lol.

There is a ton to watch this season, but within the next couple weeks I'll be able to drop shows as needed to make sure there is enough time for everything. I've already dropped a couple shows after the first week and reactions here will keep me from watching a few others, so I'll find my happy medium. There is a big lack of Romance this spring with only 1 show airing that is tagged for it (12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki ) and that is about a 12 year old, so I'm good there. (Netoge, Hundred and Astrix do not count as "romance" lol) I need me some more Shirayuki or Ore Monogatari, lol.

Gvitor

Bungo Stray Dogs 01

It seems like this'll be a formulaic show - supernatural being of the week. That said, I enjoyed the first episode. Will keep watching for now.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bungou Stray Dogs 1
A supernatural battle with reference to literature classic. Boy, that Osamu Dazai reference though, since the real person repeatedly try to kill himself many times, i'm not sure if i'm supposed to laugh or not...

Slow clap for Funimation.ie

1) Pricing in £ Sterling - way to push exchange risk onto me Funi!
2) SSL cert isn't registered for funimationnow.ie just www.funimationnow.ie - A silly goof this one but the same cert manages to cover www.co.uk and .co.uk so they at least realised this was a thing
3) Asks for postcode on the sign up page - We only just launched proper post codes in Ireland and no-one's c/c billing details has them
4) Doesn't like my Visa Debit - Seriously I can use chuffing Discover but not Visa Debit what the hell?

So the old trend of the stapling .ie onto the end of .co.uk without doing any actual work continues! Still saves me a few quid for a couple more weeks

There is a ton to watch this season, but within the next couple weeks I'll be able to drop shows as needed to make sure there is enough time for everything. I've already dropped a couple shows after the first week and reactions here will keep me from watching a few others, so I'll find my happy medium. There is a big lack of Romance this spring with only 1 show airing that is tagged for it (12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki ) and that is about a 12 year old, so I'm good there. (Netoge, Hundred and Astrix do not count as "romance" lol) I need me some more Shirayuki or Ore Monogatari, lol.

Yeah that's what I mean, my tolerance for show like those is gone. I went a little too crazy with how many shows I had to watch in total. It got to a point that missing just one day would mean having a bunch of episodes piled up to watch on the next. I really don't want to fall down that rabbit hole again lol.

pbayne

Unhappy 1 (Anne Happy!)

No expectations for this going in and turned out I really enjoyed it. Love the soft pastel backgrounds they use and just lots of funny visual moments already.
There were a few "Wait wtf" moments of dialogue and actions but if anything the show need to ramp them up more. But one of the few shows ill gladly watch another episode of.

I don't think I've ever been burnt out on currently-airing anime, per say. I'm pretty picky when it comes to the shows I watch, but I have to say there's more I want to watch this season than there has been in any other season:

Diamond is Unbreakable: Stardust Crusaders ended up being one of my favourite shows from last year, and I hear DIU is an improvement in every way.

Ace Attorney: One of my favourite video games is now getting an anime, of course I'll watch this.

My Hero Academia: Upbeat shounen superhero story that's super popular and apparently seems to get really good in the later chapters of the manga. I'm game.

Sakamoto: It's an anime basically all about Yu Narukami's swag. I think I'll get exactly what it says on the box.

Cerberus: I originally wasn't planning on watching this one, but I surprisingly enjoyed the first episode because it reminded me of a Tales game and their fun little JRPG stories. I'll probably stop watching if it really drops the ball and goes full harem anime fanservice though.

Flying Witch: Slice of life shows aren't really my thing, but the premise behind this one catches my eye in that happens to be about the everyday life of a witch doing magic, which I don't really see that often. I also hear people say good things about it, so I think I'll give it a shot.

Ascheroth

I like to watch things the day they come out, but if I miss something, I just miss something. I'll either watch it sometime later or forget about it, where the latter just means I wasn't that interested to begin with.

I'm sorry but anyone that hates Pikachu is wrong. Especially with Pikachu Libre being the best thing to come out of Pokemon. That little electric luchador rat stole my heart in pokken

Twin Star Exorcist 1

Rather surprised by this, even despite the fairly positive comments I was still expecting something dumb but the leads have decent chemistry and the action is pretty exciting. Girl is the best character gonna have to check out the manga for this one.

Is Kabaneri supposed to be out today or no? I think I'll have enough time once I get home to watch it before I have to head out to dinner with the family.

Mailbox

Surprised by the amount of pokemon talk last few pages.

I think i'm gonna spend a good chunk of this season working on my backlog. Other than my hero academia, not much has interested me, but i'll give other shows a try. I have a good deal to finish up from past seasons as well as stuff from past seasons i wanted to binge on but forgot about. Want to bet those done asap.

That and i have finals coming up...

Qurupeke

Netoge 1

So, is this anime any good?

A 4-people party in an online F2P game is consisted of a guy and three characters(2 male, 1 female) that are revealed to be girls irl, and of course, they all go to the same school! The characters are the protagonist, the main girl, the tsundere girl, the School Council president. Tsundere girl is Cloud, School Council president is semi naked mage that relies on the premium aspects of the game. And then you have the protagonist and his in game wife, who are beyond terrible. The protagonist is boring, typical main character in this kind of anime. The main girl is a nerd, that hates real life and when she's not clingy to the protagonist, she's busy being too shy or ranting about how real life sucks. I didn't expect the characters to be interesting, but the main girl is very annoying and offensively bad.

The worst offender in this show though, are the terrible filters they use for the "in game" effect. And I really didn't like the humor so far, maybe except a couple of jokes. I don't think I'll stick with the show, especially in the prospect of having an entire arc around main girl's antisocial behavior. I think I'll watch 1-2 more episodes to see if it can change. The tsundere is the only redeeming quality so far.

When exactly is this Madogatari thing going to end?

I'm wondering if they're waiting until it finishes before they reveal more information about that new Madoka project.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Madomadomadomadoka-san, make a contract with me and become a vampire minion!"

"Don't say my name like it's some sort of JoJo battlecry."

"Sorry, I stuttered."

"It was on purpose!"

"I stuttered! &#65295;&#20154;> &#8255;&#8255; <&#20154;&#65340;"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom