• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Netoge

sGYwG2x.gif

Are you interested in the Rebellion Movie: Part 2? ;)

It's more or less morbid curiosity. Madoka Magica is my second favourite anime of all time that got chewed up and spat out in the form of Madoka Rebellion.

I'm wondering if they're going to use the newest project to clean up the mess that they left on the floor for two years or if they'll make an even bigger one.

TUSR

Banned
"Madomadomadomadoka-san, make a contract with me and become a vampire minion!"

"Don't say my name like it's some sort of JoJo battlecry."

"Sorry, I stuttered."

"It was on purpose!"

"I stuttered! &#65295;&#20154;> &#8255;&#8255; <&#20154;&#65340;"

ya id buy like 20 box sets of this

Sölf

Bungou Stray Dogs 01
Meh, that wasn't good. The humor doesn't really work for me and because there is so much humor I also can't really take the show seriously, even if the setting is somewhat serious. With this agency it somewhat reminds me of Hamatora, but Hamatora was actually good in comparison. The action near the end was also good, but most of the rest was mediocre at best. It's not a complete trainwreck, but if this doesn't improve I will drop that after 1-2 episodes.

Does MetroidPrimeRib have the Attack on Train OT ready to go? I'm really curious to see if this show can succeed where Attack on Titan did (in terms of being a Western hit) and did not (in terms of having good pacing, non-shitty characters, a consistent production, etc.)

here ya go

"Sorry, I stuttered."

"It was on purpose!"

I would watch this.

Pokemon XY 4-6

Bonnie and Dedenne are adorable. Dedenne is just this stupid fat rat that just goes neh neh neh and it cracks me up every single time.

Vivillon sounds like an old woman trying to scare little kids during Halloween. Amazing.

Ash got his first badge too.

JulianImp

"Sorry, I stuttered."

"It was on purpose!"

That reminds me I grinned a whole lot during Koyomimono when
Hachikuji showed up in its final episode. I actually didn't know how much I wanted her back until that happened.

Cornbread78

Netoge no Yome ep.1
66OaKrE.gif

She's a man baby, lol
eE5RpEC.gif

I loved those gifs, lol. Pretty decent intro, but wasn't as funny as I was expecting, I think I was spoiled last season by Konosuba. I'll definitely keep watching this one as she is gonna go Yandere at some point in real life and that will be fun to watch. Oh and I already hate the blond tsundere chick.... uugghhhh. This should be good enough tto have fun with throughout the season though...

Been watching hunter x hunter 1999. Finished the hunter exam final phase episodes, this show is phenomenal but goddamn it's tough to watch in certain spots. The episode where Gon is
paralyzed and needed to survive by eating grass then throwing up and soiling himself
fucked me up and of course the fight with
hanzo
was heart wrenching.
war_1020.jpg

pbayne

Aria 5-6

I think episode 5 brought up something i was thinking. If this show can always add another little expansion to its setting or show it from another perspective every episode, it could theoretically last forever especially since Alicia said a lot of Neo Venezia is still unexplored. So i guess the only thing that would prevent that is how imaginative they can get with expanding the setting without making it feel too cluttered.
Also lol I can't believe they managed to concoct a beach episode on world that is 95% water.
Starting to really like the ED, it's so easy to transition into it and it's just a lovely song too.

Sölf;200413670 said:
Bungou Stray Dogs 01
Meh, that wasn't good. The humor doesn't really work for me and because there is so much humor I also can't really take the show seriously, even if the setting is somewhat serious. With this agency it somewhat reminds me of Hamatora, but Hamatora was actually good in comparison. The action near the end was also good, but most of the rest was mediocre at best. It's not a complete trainwreck, but if this doesn't improve I will drop that after 1-2 episodes.

Been watching hunter x hunter 1999. Finished the hunter exam final phase episodes, this show is phenomenal but goddamn it's tough to watch in certain spots. The episode where Gon is
paralyzed and needed to survive by eating grass then throwing up and soiling himself
fucked me up and of course the fight with
hanzo
was heart wrenching.

Yes, those are very memorable episodes due to the intensity of the pain they depict.

Ascheroth

Mawaru Penguindrum - 09

W-w-whoa.
It took me a while until I realized that this was actually a flashback, detailing the events from their aquarium visit from Himaris point of view. I felt something was off when Himari didn't recognize 3-chan, but I chalked it up to a dream/illusion/something like that. I wonder what relevance that little girl with the hat at the beginning will have.
Didn't expect those 'mascots' from the subway infoscreens actually being her former friends who are now idols - and that she would have been part of that too if not for her illness (whatever it was). Really liked her backstory, and the way it was told in this 'library annex'.
Also some more information about the role of Himari and the hat, but it gave more questions then answers, haha.

Mawaru Penguindrum - 10

I'm still not sure what Redhairs endgoal is.
She seems to be one of Kandas former girlfriends, who still loves him? or wants some kind of revenge? Don't tell me her 'Project M' is the same as Ringos, lol. Speaking of Ringo, it looks like Shoumas harsh words and his heroic sacrifice have made her overthink her actions.
It was fun seeing Kanda mention the items he would hate getting from girls to Hiromi and then immediately backtracking once he realised his bluinder. And then he got all those items navigating through the floors.
So the little girl with the hat that appeared at the beginning of last episodes flashback appears again.
I'm still fairly confused, but I'm still looking forward to see how the hell everything will come together at the end.

So far there's only one 'problem' I have with this show. And that is that the amount of screencaps I take keep growing each episode. Seriously, you could screencap every single scene and shot and it looks good and interesting. It's insane.

phaze

Madogatari can go on forever if they keep making Mami pics like that.

What, in particular, do you find so enticing about this one drawing of ~10 years old character ?
picturen6p3j.png

Mawaru Penguindrum - 09

W-w-whoa.
It took me a while until I realized that this was actually a flashback, detailing the events from their aquarium visit from Himaris point of view. I felt something was off when Himari didn't recognize 3-chan, but I chalked it up to a dream/illusion/something like that. I wonder what relevance that little girl with the hat at the beginning will have.
Didn't expect those 'mascots' from the subway infoscreens actually being her former friends who are now idols - and that she would have been part of that too if not for her illness (whatever it was). Really liked her backstory, and the way it was told in this 'library annex'.
Also some more information about the role of Himari and the hat, but it gave more questions then answers, haha.

Shibireru darou ? One of my favorite eps in Mawaru.

"Redhair" (isn't she brown haired ? lol) stuff gets revealed eventually, don't worry about it.

Naruto Shippuden 455

I tuned in only for the ED but having heard tales of actually decent filler episodes, I bravely ventured into the pitch black darkness ...

And hey this was pretty decent, especially considering this part has been done to death in anime 10 times or more already. They couldn't really write themselves out of Kishi's canon nonsense aka Itachi being the dumbest dumb nut in Naruto verse but they managed to make his father seem more reasonable at least. It almost makes me want to check the earlier stuff from this arc.

New ED is pretty decent, though mostly just nostalgia evoking stills from past scenes, feels like a companion piece to OP16. Song is good.

I mean, I find it hard to imagine that the Naruto filler could possibly be worse than the canon endgame stuff anyways, which was absolutely fucking terrible

jonjonaug

When exactly is this Madogatari thing going to end?

I'm wondering if they're waiting until it finishes before they reveal more information about that new Madoka project.
I keep getting the feeling from reading interviews that Urobuchi wants out but Aniplex doesn't want to make a proper continuation without him. So maybe when he's finished playing with Taiwanese puppets.

phaze

I mean, I find it hard to imagine that the Naruto filler could possibly be worse than the canon endgame stuff anyways, which was absolutely fucking terrible

Clearly, you're an uncorrupted soul that didn't wade its way through the mud of Tsunade's dream within a dream within a book within Infinite Tsukuyomi. I too, was once pure like you.

Clearly, you're an uncorrupted soul that didn't wade its way through the mud of Tsunade's dream within a dream within a book within Infinite Tsukuyomi. I too, was once pure like you.

I mean, have you read the ending of the war stuff? Shit was fucking garbage. I'm sure plenty of the filler was terrible. But so is the canon stuff from here on out (Final chapter was decent I guess though)

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 01

Wow, the show looks pretty great. I actually liked the first episode quite a bit, I didn't expect it to be so gory. If people compared Attack on Titan to a zombie flick, then this is actually a zombie flick.

That the main character knows how the infection works yet no one believes him is pretty stupid tho.

I burst out laughing when the Sawano started to play.

There were some bad fillers but those two were pretty solid since it was during times were ninjas actually did ninja things instead of crazy God level stuff during the last war.

You bastards managed to get me to download Pokemon XYZ or whatever. :l

tumblr_n00cquptFP1tot49lo1_500.gif

There were some bad fillers but those two were pretty solid since it was during times were ninjas actually did ninja things instead of crazy God level stuff during the last war.

Again, I can believe the fillers were awful. But I still can't imagine they'd cause me the same level of HATE AND RAGE as the canon stuff that should be coming up

I keep getting the feeling from reading interviews that Urobuchi wants out but Aniplex doesn't want to make a proper continuation without him. So maybe when he's finished playing with Taiwanese puppets.

Where are you reading these? I'd like to check out these interviews too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria 5-6

I think episode 5 brought up something i was thinking. If this show can always add another little expansion to its setting or show it from another perspective every episode, it could theoretically last forever especially since Alicia said a lot of Neo Venezia is still unexplored. So i guess the only thing that would prevent that is how imaginative they can get with expanding the setting without making it feel too cluttered.
Also lol I can't believe they managed to concoct a beach episode on world that is 95% water.
Starting to really like the ED, it's so easy to transition into it and it's just a lovely song too.

There's actually a lot more material in the form of drama CDs that isn't covered in the anime. Unfortunately the majority of that is not translated.

phaze

I mean, have you read the ending of the war stuff? Shit was fucking garbage. I'm sure plenty of the filler was terrible. But so is the canon stuff from here on out (Final chapter was decent I guess though)

I did, I hated it, I still detest it, (fuck you Tobi) and yet still; the few ending eps of the previous filler arc were much worse. Just ... plain incoherent. Though I guess they were funny at least.

Again, I can believe the fillers were awful. But I still can't imagine they'd cause me the same level of HATE AND RAGE as the canon stuff that should be coming up

I was so mad during the last 30-40 chapters but when it was all said and done I ended up really missing it, even when it was shit.

I was so mad during the last 30-40 chapters but when it was all said and done I ended up really missing it, even when it was shit.

I honestly don't. The early parts were good, but I kind of wish that after it ended Kishi would've let it stay dead instead of keep making more and more new material. I mean, I'll probably still read the Boruto manga since I get in English WSJ anyways, but I still wish we could just move on. And this is from somebody who got into manga and subbed anime through Naruto, and who refused to accept it had turned to shit until the Pain invasion ending fucking broke me

KABANERI OF THE IRON FORTRESS Episode 1

Good ost especially when the one vocal song kicks up when out lead character is being all cool and epic and even
godly when he manages to thwart the virus's efforts
. Also the female character who gets a role, gave one of the coolest moments. Shes so much better than Mikasa even if we compare this to Shingeki.

I wish Yuki Kaji had a larger role, as best friend character, please dont die.

ED of the season. Egoist forever.

BluWacky

Shounen Maid 1

This is far, far better executed than it has any right to be. It has a competent director and some kind of budget so it actually looks tolerable, unlike most shoujo adaptations! It even has a moment in its OP that I would consider vaguely creative, where the main character has a proper fight sequence with some personified items of rubbish!

With that said, its downfall is that it's achingly sincere. The first ep looks like it must be two chapters of the manga, and in both we get some silly comedy and then some very, very straight-laced heartwarming drama, underscored with emotional piano etc. While the humour works okay thanks to the actors' delivery, there's no real art to the plot construction. If it wasn't for the fact that its central conceit is a little boy dressing up as a maid and cleaning his uncle's house, it reminds me very much of all those low-popularity dramedies that populate US networks and usually die after a season or two in that it hits all the beats you expect it to without it ever surprising.

Aside from the ED, however, which although nothing special features three characters who have had nothing to do with anything that went on in the episode itself as idols. That was odd.

I suspect the show will get more sitcom-my, and it has of course got a "serialised" element tacked on at the end of the first ep, but although this was perfectly harmless it's not something I'd watch again.

brawly

Monster | 3

No wonder this has 74 eps, because after three episodes I still don't know where the hell this is going. This is the one instance where I would have loved a german dub.

That was actually highly impressive, the world set up makes a lot more sense then Aot or Seraph ever did, the one thing this series needs to do in the next episode or two is better explain the origin of the Kabaneri virus along with who our leads are. Hype train literally delivered here :p

That was actually highly impressive, the world set up makes a lot more sense then Aot or Seraph ever did, the one thing this series needs to do in the next episode or two is better explain the origin of the Kabaneri virus along with who our leads are. Hype train literally delivered here :p

How? Owari no Serafu had excellent reasoning behind its premise.

I honestly don't. The early parts were good, but I kind of wish that after it ended Kishi would've let it stay dead instead of keep making more and more new material. I mean, I'll probably still read the Boruto manga since I get in English WSJ anyways, but I still wish we could just move on. And this is from somebody who got into manga and subbed anime through Naruto, and who refused to accept it had turned to shit until the Pain invasion ending fucking broke me

The Pain arc ending was pretty deflating but Kishi also wrote himself into a corner during the course of it. The lead up was legendary and its a shame it couldn't end better.

That being said, I didnt think Naruto got terrible until the Infinite Tsukoyumi stuff towards the end.

Deadly

Netoge 01
Didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did, seems great. I knew about Ako being an actual girl but I didn't expect this to be a harem and the other two to be girls also.

Someone said Konosuba was better? I'll definitely have to watch that then.

The shows revolving an MMORPG when not taken too seriously like SAO seem to be generally rather good.

Not sure if that makes it less anime logic ;p
I think it does. It's one thing to have weird aging/ art or the "I'm not Human so I age super slowly" that most anime use, and another to have a character who intentionally uses super powers to appear far more youthful than they actually are because they have a complex about their true form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom