• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

We should add Phoenix Wright to the OP's list of OTs for currently airing anime.

Sölf;200382982 said:
Aww, yeah, another happy customer! But have you seen episode 13?
I just did. Turns out it's just poorly drawn hentai for the nuts who actually like these characters.

My Anime List members are grading on the biggest curve ever for Green Green to be an average of 6.5.

Pokemon XY 8

7MMQWXi.jpg

Pokemon is back motherfuckers.

Serena is getting a lot of screen time and development, almost like Ash isn't the sole focus of this series.

VYsMMBM.gif

I actually got my sister into watching this when I saw on Google Image search how fucking cute it is these days. She loves it. It also surprised me how much better it is than the first season. If nothing else it has nice art and animation and it's paced quickly. For every battle resolved with shooting beams at each other and one breaking through, there's another more interesting one where trainers have to devise actual strategies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I dunno why people get so obsessed with the AoT's basement. Most shows of this ilk will have some kind of central mystery/plot point that will get dangled in front of you at one point and only get picked up on much, much later. From where S1 of AoT ended to where manga is at currently there has been a lot of new info revealed so it's not like the author put all of his apples into this mythical basement.
Well I didn't watch the show beyond like episode five so I could be talking out of my rectum, but unlike most far off goals, a basement is right there in the house. Just kick the door down one bored afternoon and the answer to what's in the basement will be answered.

I mean, The Trap Door had a mysterious basement as its central premise and the OP and Thing Upstairs kept telling our hero, Berk, never to open said trap door and yet it was opened every week.

phaze

Well I didn't watch the show beyond like episode five so I could be talking out of my rectum, but unlike most far off goals, a basement is right there in the house. Just kick the door down one bored afternoon and the answer to what's in the basement will be answered.

If you watched the show past its first 5 minutes, you would know why that wouldn't work.
tea5qkb6.png

I mean, The Trap Door had a mysterious basement as its central premise and the OP and Thing Upstairs kept telling our hero, Berk, never to open said trap door and yet it was opened every week

Nice plug.

Aikatsu Stars 01

There are many parallels to draw between Stars and the original series but tonally it feels completely different. It's a brand new Aikatsu world.

Quasar

Kabaneri 1 - Pretty decent first episode. Didn't actually know it was a zombie apocalypse show. The end seemed pretty dumb to me though. I wonder if that will ever be explained properly. I liked the steam-tech, even if it puts a crimp in their ability to fight the zombies.

phaze

Fine two bored afternoons, one to clear a bit of rubble and another to kick the door down.
There are those ... titany things prowling about the place, you know.

And you need another afternoon (or rather night)or two to first cross the 100 km to even get into the vicinity of the basement. Checkmate basementists.

Thanks. Thought this thread should have at least one decent show mentioned in it.
This slays Komugi-chan.

Naruto Shippuden 455

nGrQXM3.gif

Just awesome.

The massacre scene and Fugaku's visions were fucking incredible. I've seen Itachi take his parents down many times before and every time that scene gets me. It was nice to see Itachi's ruthlessness and how badass of a shinobi he was. I guess we will see more of his Akatsuki adventures going forward?

Fugaku was the man. This and Kakashi's mini series just solidifies Danzo's shittiness and the third hokages uselessness.
I haven't seen naruto in a long ass time due to fillers but this made me watch it and damn was it good. That OST works well too.

If this was really a go at AoT's casual fanbase then why would they insert this 13 year female kid in kimono, killing zombies with a ball on a stick[/strick] her edgy shoes into this. I'm pretty sure that part of Titan's appeal is supposed to be the relative grounded vibe of its cast.

already better then mikasa

Gvitor

Twin Star Exorcists 01

I liked the setting, but it seems this will go your typical cliché route. Will watch next week before deciding if I'll drop this. So many shows this season and there's still a couple more I want to watch ._.

I haven't seen naruto in a long ass time due to fillers but this made me watch it and damn was it good. That OST works well too.

That whole scene was so well done, especially since it was just death screams and sound effects against an eerie silence. Tobi and Itachi just effortlessly and stylishly flickering around and committing genocide. Just shows how they were in a completely different league from everyone. So fluid. Disappointed we didnt get to see Fugaku fight after that revelation, felt like a missed opportunity.

I live for Naruto sakuga. I've been going through the series watching all the awesome battles.

Kakashi vs Obito is definitely top 3. It always gets me emotional and the OST works beautifully there.

That whole scene was so well done, especially since it was just death screams and sound effects against an eerie silence. Tobi and Itachi just effortlessly and stylishly flickering around and committing genocide. Just shows how they were in a completely different league from everyone. So fluid. Disappointed we didnt get to see Fugaku fight after that revelation, felt like a missed opportunity.

I live for Naruto sakuga. I've been going through the series watching all the awesome battles.

Kakashi vs Obito is definitely top 3. It always gets me emotional and the OST works beautifully there.
I love the Kakashi vs Obito fight, it's so well done. I also rewatch the Obito scene were he tries to
save rin and massacres everyone

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Netoge 1

Eh, seems alright. As long as the cast interactions remain entertaining in and out of the game.
I'm currently watching this and am surprised how enjoyable it is. I read the first 4 volumes of the light novels, but I was afraid that they're going to make the anime all about the fanservice.

While some is still there, I'm happy that they didn't go all in with that. I'm also happy that Lucian isn't the narrator like in the books, because I feel like most LN based anime go straight for it.

kewlmyc

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 1

It's AOT, but way more Japanese and with steampunk guns. Unlike AoT, this first episode just bombards you with unknown jargan. Not really sure of how the world works since it's not as straightforward as AoT (which might hurt it's popularity in the west down the line), but it's interesting enough. Will continue watching.

VYsMMBM.gif

I actually got my sister into watching this when I saw on Google Image search how fucking cute it is these days. She loves it. It also surprised me how much better it is than the first season. If nothing else it has nice art and animation and it's paced quickly. For every battle resolved with shooting beams at each other and one breaking through, there's another more interesting one where trainers have to devise actual strategies.

Yeah its super cute and the battles are a lot of fun to watch. Its like a complete 180 from before. In the third episode I think Ash actually used the terrain to his advantage to do something and it was awesome watching it work out.

Its still a kids show but its been very entertaining so far.

Wanderer5

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress #1

Damn, impressive so far. Beautiful looking, great setup, even if things were going by quick, and man was Ikoma preventing the virus take over kind of epic lol. I just hope the quality will be consistent or close, and not something like Guilty Crown that was all over the place.

Taruranto

Attack on the Zombie from Resident Evil #1

Well, this was certainly interesting. It's certainly reeks of AOT, but not as much as I expected.

I can't decide whatever I like the protagonist or not, he's show to be forward thinking but also kinda of an obnoxious idiot. Couldn't they think of a more original back-story than "MY SISTER DIED AND I WILL BECOME STONG!"?

Given the nature of the setting I suspect I will have to suspend my disbelief a little. Shouldn't they stop trains before they allow them in town? Like, what's the point if any zombie-infested train can waltz in and kill everyone?

Cornbread78

Kabaneri ep.1
Did that zombie really just mimic and mock that child as it was eating her mother? That is some fucked up shit right there. That episode was a bloody mess throughout, but I guess that goes with the brutal society in which they live. That head sandle slice at the end was just the icing on the cake.

pbayne

Baby Steps 1-3

Great so far. There's a pretty good concerted effort to keep the tennis scenes as animated as possible, not much freeze time to show the characters thoughts. Which is weird because given Eichiro's personality doing that would make a lot of sense.

I look forward to seeing Natsu play as well.

Baby Steps 1-3

Great so far. There's a pretty good concerted effort to keep the tennis scenes as animated as possible, not much freeze time to show the characters thoughts. Which is weird because given Eichiro's personality doing that would make a lot of sense.

I look forward to seeing Natsu play as well.

Baby Steps is my all time favorite sports anime.

TUSR

Banned
How does a Canadian watch Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress #1?

Is it actually available on Amazon Prime Canada?

Kabaneri 01

So new yet so familiar. So many of the close up shots on the characters as they shook in fear reminded me of AoT. The whole art direction really (it is stunning by the way), but that was to be expected. The story itself is pretty interesting too, what was before a maybe for me turned out to be one of the best premiers of the season, really solid. Those last 5 minutes were insane.

Netoge 1

This uh

This actually was entertaining. I think it's one of the few anime shows about MMOs where they are playing it without being transported to it and being in life threatening danger. Don't get me wrong, the fan service is gross and the fact that the guy is conveniently
in a guild with 3 girls where 2 of them had guy avatars
is too convenient, but so far the banter isn't half bad.

Will keep watching as long as they don't shoe horn something really unnecessarily dramatic.

Gvitor

Cavalry 13

I wasn't going to watch this, even though I did see through all of season 1, but I'm kind of glad I did. That fight was pretty great. Everything else was shit though.

And look, another girl. With a green hair. Did we complete a rainbow already?

Sterok

Aikatsu Music Awards

Did people really pay for this? Did they buy tickets to see a bunch of CG dances that they had already seen on TV? With no plot or anything? And there was only 1 new remix and a spliced song. Hinaki didn't get her solo, and Shion was ignored yet again. At least Juri got to be awesome. I suppose to make up for not doing much in season 4. I guess this was better than last year's Precure CG fest, but that's really not saying much.

Oh, and Ichigo, Mizuki, and Yurika got voted into Aikatsu 8. Those 3 just refuse to lose.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kabaneri bringing back the FIVE TONE TEIKOKU.

Resident Choo Choo 1

Honestly a solid first episode. Lead is basically Eren but at least has the technical know how to back up his whining and crying, and his self righteousness can be backed up from the start.

Someone mentioned an issue with scale of the city before and I gotta agree, the train tracks and walls looked disproportionate compared to the size of the city. I'll continue watching for now, good show.

Netoge - Marriage is... uh, plastic. It's pragmatic. 01
I really enjoyed the manga for this when I first read it. Trashy stuff for sure, but it was funny enough. I don't remember *a lot* about what happened, but it's coming back to me, lol. Just reading the series description made me roll my eyes and laugh. This is going to be great.

Have I mentioned that trashy fantasy anime is my ultimate guilty pleasure?
I didn't watch Grimgar tho.

I once upon a time had a relationship with someone through online gaming. That was such a weird and exciting rollercoaster.

Okay, onto the anime itself:

I do like how the characters have this bluish outline when they're in game. It's a style that reminds me of No Game No Life (I miss this show.)

That poor, poor mechanical keyboard.

Clov

There's an Aniplex stream on Twitch right now. I'm in it, waiting for the Q&A so I can endlessly bug them about Mushishi.

Yeah, that was definitely Sawano lol. I'm pretty sure that track near the end of the episode is an exact rip from the AoT soundtrack. Same vocalist and everything lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom