• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

d2bda33590b487ac77d19c835a17d6941459742770_full.jpg

http://www.metronews.ca/news/edmonton/2016/03/23/famous-anime-series-models-city-on-edmonton.html

LMAO, no fucking way...

Jintor

Sölf;200831084 said:
Regarding Love Hina, I loved the manga and after that I thought I would watch the anime. I dropped that after 2 episodes, I absolutely hated it.

the only good thing about the anime is the music

like someone said earlier there's something about the manga that akamatsu does that makes them way better than both their animes and than you'd think based on their descriptions. at least if they're translated well.

Narag

Joker Game 2

Really starting to become enamored with this. Objectively, it's nothing special but it feels so fresh given the usual fare we get.

Alright, I'm down with Hundred. Person who compared it yesterday to the pain of eating hot pockets is spot on. I've turned it into a drinking game, take a drink every time it hurts. Finished the last few minutes episode 1 and I'm already close to killing a bottle of wine from yesterday, not sure if it's safe to watch episode 2.

Just T

Bakuon: 2

Giving this one more episode.

Joker Game: 2

Not bad, they could cut back the recap just a bit imo but it was an interesting episode. Also I really liked the visuals near the end.

ibyea

Banned
Joker Game: 2
So Sakuma is not as stupid as I thought he was.

Anyways I really like it. Yes, it's not a thriller or a mystery, it's more about the "game" itself sort to speak. But I am personally fine with that. That said, this specific episode spent way too much time recapping what the audience already knew in its first few minutes.

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm (Four Rhythm Across the Blue) 6-12

Well, that was more unexpectedly good than I could have imagined. I didn't really know what to expect when they flipped the drama switch but here I am at the end and wondering how this turned out as good as it did.

People talk about anime-original endings but how about we just make an anime-original anime? Sure, why not, let's do this Gonzo. This show is a pretty serious sports anime by the end, though it's during flight mechanically much like the fictional mecha anime that's referenced throughout the second half. It's not a romance, that's for sure. There's a fan translation apparently starting for the VN, but I really wonder what it will be like trying to read the VN and it's an eroge. As a standalone this anime series is a real sleeper though.

In terms of taking a low budget and leaving it all on the screen, Gonzo didn't hold back. They didn't even have enough money or production time or who knows what to draw faces properly during non-flying sequences apparently, as there's an impressive amount of derpface throughout, but that's probably because every last bit of money they had was invested in making airborne tag look good. Which it does during the entire duration of the 12 episodes.

The OP and ED of this show are both really good.

I'm going to go listen to this now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc

ibyea

Banned
Kiznaiver: 1
First of all, what an awesome opening song.

Got to say, this episode made quiet an impression on me. The art was impressive and the premise is super intriguing. It's also quiet bizarre at times, reminds me a bit of Penguindrum, though not nearly as crazy as that show. Many of the characters are varying degrees of annoying but I get that the point is to bring these really disparate group of people together for the experiment. I just don't like Nico at all though.

So I was really excited and all, but then I remember, the writer is Okada. Fuck. Hopefully this is restrained Okada and this will be a legit great show.

IBO was pretty damn good, hopefully that wasn't her only hit wonder. Mayoiga is already starting off weird, but that's intentional I guess. Kiznaiver too is a bit of a bizarre show, but in a good way. It's too soon to be guessing. We are only now starting to get episodes 2 for every show.

Line_HTX

I'm getting a little impatient on Lost Village. Seems like no one is dying and I'm getting slightly irritated at this show. There better be some "eliminations" on the 3rd episode.

ibyea

Banned
IBO was pretty damn good, hopefully that wasn't her only hit wonder. Mayoiga is already starting off weird, but that's intentional I guess. Kiznaiver too is a bit of a bizarre show, but in a good way. It's too soon to be guessing. We are only now starting to get episodes 2 for every show.

I already consider Lost Village a so bad it's good to so bad it's annoying show. It really doesn't do my faith on Kiznaiver any favors. Although it would be great if she got it together like she did for IBO.

Ajinn 1
I really liked the manga and this episode was pretty good I'm just conflicted on a technical level.

While vastly superior to Knights of Cydonia, it still sometimes looks bad when the FPS are at like 8 frames or whatever it is. Art style is great and the OST is great too but that cgi is hit or miss. I'll probably get used to it but I wish it would have had traditional animation. Also the dub is pretty good even though it's Black ranger as the lead voice again.

I'm getting a little impatient on Lost Village. Seems like no one is dying and I'm getting slightly irritated at this show. There better be some "eliminations" on the 3rd episode.

Okada plot twist: not a single character dies. They all just go crazy. Some of them already are actually.

I already consider Lost Village a so bad it's good to so bad it's annoying show. It really doesn't do my faith on Kiznaiver any favors. Although it would be great if she got it together like she did for IBO.

Yeah I wasn't even planning on watching Lost Village, my friends roped me into it. Seems like she has a bit of range with her choices though. She went from mecha, to mystery out in the woods, to teenagers with powers. She is putting in quite a bit of work, so I'll give her props for that.

Quasar

Ajinn 1
I really liked the manga and this episode was pretty good I'm just conflicted on a technical level.

While vastly superior to Knights of Cydonia, it still sometimes looks bad when the FPS are at like 8 frames or whatever it is. Art style is great and the OST is great too but that cgi is hit or miss. I'll probably get used to it but I wish it would have had traditional animation. Also the dub is pretty good even though it's Black ranger as the lead voice again.

Funny I thought it was much worse than Sidonia. I think in part because this is set in an organic environment and so the CG was much more jarring.

Funny I thought it was much worse than Sidonia. I think in part because this is set in an organic environment and so the CG was much more jarring.
Yeah it's really hit or miss, the only thing I felt that was really better was the facial stuff, I should have said that first. And even then it depends cause generic characters look really poopy and it's only sometimes that the main characters get good face animation :/

Narag

Danball Senki 17

All the twists and turns in this one is the kind of thing you'd see to end something split cour. I have 27 eps to go though lol

Szadek

Mayoiga Ep. 1
The rapid fire character introducton gave me a headache and I was only halfway through.
That's a pretty awful way to start the show.
The op sucks,too. Almost all of it are just images of the charaters in front of boring backgrounds.
I'm starting to belive that the cast of this anime is way too big for it's own good.
What makes it even worse is that not single one of them is likeable or interesting.

On top of that, when the show tries to be eerie, it falls flat on it's face.
Sorry, but bus games are never scary, no matter how hard you try.

Line_HTX

My Hero Academia 02

LOL at All Might finally giving out. But man, those words of encouragement and the thumbs up are all that's needed. And the fucking salt from that other shitbag, still waiting for him to get beat up and burnt with his own Quirk.

zulux21

joker game 1-2
yeah, not feeling this one.
I'll likely revisit it if it gets dubbed, but with so many other shows I enjoyed more this season I don't see a point in continuing to watch this one.

What the fuck even was Another's ending. I need to talk to someone about this.

it was basically a group of people telling you repeatedly to go look for a black car, and then laughing at you when you can't find it because you were actually looking for a red car.

it's basically best to just watch the death scenes on youtube for their comedic value and skip the rest of another :p

Mailbox

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season [All]

Why did I watch this when I have a final tomorrow?
Because I'm a dumbass, that's why.But I don't regret it!

Either way, we need shows like this every season. There should be a mandate or something. It gives such a refreshing nice feeling while having characters that I really enjoyed on screen. I also noticed how we done the background animation is in a lot of scenes. Idk why I didn't notice before, but they really add to the atmosphere. The second season may have been a little kidnap happy at the beginning, but it was still nice.

My only complaint is that we are kind of blue balled with the relationship dynamics at the end. With Zen going
"Yeah I'll ask you to marry me... EVENTUALLY"
was kind of annoying to see and the constant Mituhide and Kiki hinting everywhere leads to nothing. It definitely doesn't feel like the end of everything, which makes that "Fin" at the end that much more painful to see.

Because of that last "Fin" I really don't expect another season.... though I really hope there is one.

~.... welp, back to finals prep...

Edit: Oh shit, Its my birthday now....
Well... okay then...

Szadek

My take on this season:

The Great:
Boku no Hero Academia
Joker Game
Kiznaiver

The Good:
Anne Happy♪
Bungou Stray Dogs
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Kuma Miko
Sakamoto desu ga?
Sousei no Onmyouji
Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season

The Ok-ish:
Bakuon!!
Endride
High School Fleet
Sailor Moon Crystal Season III
Shounen Maid

The Bad:
Ace Attorney
Flying Witch
Mayoiga
Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités
Terra Formars Revenge

The Ugly:
Hundred

zulux21

My take on this season:

Mine:

For sure going to watch:
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable(once I catch up)
Boku no Hero Academia
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Might continue to watch:

Sakamoto desu ga?
Ace Attorney
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
Bungou Stray Dogs
Sousei no Onmyouji
Super Lovers
Kiznaiver

Seen some of and have dropped:
Endride
Shounen Maid

anything else I think is just stuff I don't care enough to check out at all.
Joker Game

Qurupeke

Seems like a lot of people liked Kiznaiver. The reception on the first day was mixed. Well, it still is, but there are some really positive reactions.

zulux21

Seems like a lot of people liked Kiznaiver. The reception on the first day was mixed. Well, it still is, but there are some really positive reactions.

like is a really strong word.
I am more just willing to give it a second episode before dropping it as none of the cast was interesting at all.

Sölf;200850180 said:
Continue. The start is a bit rough and the first arc is the least interesting one, imo. But it only gets better with time.

and yes, it did.

Durarara! 05-12: First Arc END
Holy cow, what an ending. It's been some time since something has kept me on the edge of my seat. Everyone's really great here. And what a way to end this first cour.

Celty is bae
also she totally looks like makise kurisu, so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom