• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to forgot how to spell
tumblr_mhtytdzQiE1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wanderer5

Joker Game #2

Pfft ha ha that was quite interesting of how it was resolved. Talk about some amusing ownage and good thinking from Yuki too. The show is still quite compelling, and I believe the next episode is going to take place in another location.

Also this twitter came out: "After Episode 1 and 2, the members of the D Agency will change their names once more. As this is all part of being a spy, you’ll be fine if you don’t remember all their names. Lieutenant colonel Yuki will still keep his."

Kabaneri 01

Why have an impenetrable fortress if you're not going to check the one thing that comes in and out? Like even a voice check or visual signal. With the way stuff happens without reason it's sort of just like...wow...nobody has a brain. Not the characters in the show. Not the people making this.
Maybe not the people who wind up watching all of this.
There's a strong artistic eye that occasionally shows itself here, but it's lost when basic direction beats feel totally off. If we want to follow the questioning of "why?"...why draw some sick backgrounds if you're not going to properly establish scale? The tone of the main character just had an insulting naivety that soaked the show through with a sickly brand of cynicism and self-righteousness that can only possibly resonate in the mindspace of a misanthropic adolescent.

I have to applaud them for making a setting that makes less sense then Attack on Titan's.

I still need to finish Votoms now that I think about it...

Yes you do

Joker Game 2
This is oddly structured and paced. It's like they skipped the actual mystery and just decided to go straight to the reveal. Very little of the intrigue had any meaning because there wasn't sufficient set-up or build to it, and any questions raised are immediately answered. This episode gives me little confidence that they can handle these types of stories in 20 minutes.

Joker Game 02

For a thriller this isn't that intriguing. The structure is straight up weird. I don't know what they are going for. I'm going to drop this for now, if impressions are good later I might pick it up again.

Log Horizon Ep. 16

I can't think of a single time a show like this has ever made me feel anything in particular - besides maybe anger or dislike. The Rundel Haus story was everything that it should have been. We were shown how much work he had put in, the bond he grew with his party members, and that revelation pushed it all over the bar. Fantastic episode.

JulianImp

Gundam Thunderbolt Episode 3

download.png

I don't know a thing about this show, but that picture brought a smile to my face because it reminded me of Cross Ange's apple pie scene.

Also, Joker Game impressions aren't loking good... guess I'll watch ep 2 myself before deciding whether to keep going or drop it altogether, though.

Ascheroth

Joker Game - 02

This was great. I thought it would play out differently
(with the spies planting evidence themselves, like they've alluded in the first episode)
, but this works just as well.
Seeing Sakumas mentality shift and him investigating and things was great. The moment he asked the Geisha if the person was Yuuki, I immediately thought
that his stick and glove were just a disguise for his regular life, to make his spywork easier
and it was nice to get confirmation for that.

pbayne

Joker Game 2

I think they spent a bit too much time over explaining things to the point they really don't want to make people feel like they don't get whats happening at all times. I appreciated the reveal was at least straightforward and not overly convoluted for the sake of a big twist reveal. Following Sakuma's progression will probably be the driving force of the show and i want to see where that goes.

Also whats roids is Sakuma taking? Dude had like a 12-pac of abs.

Ascheroth

Joker Game 2

I think they spent a bit too much time over explaining things to the point they really don't want to make people feel like they don't get whats happening at all times. I appreciated the reveal was at least straightforward and not overly convoluted for the sake of a big twist reveal. Following Sakuma's progression will probably be the driving force of the show and i want to see where that goes.

Also whats roids is Sakuma taking? Dude had like a 12-pac of abs.

That's true. I think it makes sense that Sakuma is basically thinking out loud and confirming his suspicions, it's in his character. But leaving things a bit more vague and 'trusting' the viewers a bit more would have been better.

phaze

Gundam Thunderbolt 03

It sure is hard being a fodder. RIP all you people that I don't know and don't give shit about.

Thought this was the worst episode yet. I didn't really mind the writing all that much in the previous episode but the pathetic attempts at fleshing out the two female characters
before offing at least one of them grinded my gears.
I confess that I was confused during the battle, maybe it's my fault for not recognising the two main flagships at this point but for a such important players in the battle and story they were taken down in the blink of an eye with zero buildup. Generally speaking this felt rushed, I've no clue how long the manga is but this episode tried to handle way too much stuff within its 15 minutes.

Joker Game 02

Thought this was alright, certainly significantly better then the premiere and showcased well that our mc isn't just another Banzai ! army meathead as one could have thought after the first episode.

Tsuritama 06

What a twist.

I'm going to assume that wasn't Yuki acting like that but the big bad dragon that somehow took over him or something.

Cornbread78

Tamako Market ep.3-5
3YIEmpB.gif

I wasn't really expecting that summer episode to be about him trying to
confess to Tamako
and her bestie trying to stop him because she
secretly has a crush on him
. Tamako is so clueless in regards to other's feelings of love, even her own little sisters, as we got an episode about, but her friends sure pick up on that stuff quickly. Either way, this is a pretty fun show to watch and has a great tone and atmosphere to it.

Joker Game 02

The core of the plot was alright (
they were spying on the Colonel all along, how he was trying to cover up his previous failure
) but the execution made it dull. First the episode didn't really start until 4.30, after that the MC have a sudden incredible insight, totally
guessing where was the microfilm at the first try without even stepping in the house
, come on!. And the rest of the episode was too much exposition-heavy. Oh yeah and he suddenly turned into Sherlock Holmes with the spymaster.

But with what it seems an episodic nature the next stories could be better. Let's see.

Gundam Thunderbolt 03

This felt really disjointed. I've already complained enough about how bad the dialogue is but maaaaaaaaaaaaan was it something else in this episode. Trying to characterize people who will die in about three minutes is just the worst.

Qurupeke

Joker Game 2

Not much have changed since episode 1. It's still interesting but very boring. The situation on this episode had an interesting outcome, but we didn't see it as it was happening, so there isn't much to say about it.

e_i

Tamako Market ep.3-5
3YIEmpB.gif

confess to Tamako

Tamako's bestie
doesn't have a crush on him.

phaze

Tsuritama 07

SlapLand intensifies. Do Japanese peeps really slap each so other as much as anime implies ? The phenomenon is pretty foreign to me and I keep thinking this is a an over exaggeration but it really keeps coming back and back.

Listening to a playlist on Youtube, but when it finished it started playing a Oreimo/Eminem mashup.

Somehow Youtube learned about my power level. :l

Joker Game - 02

Now to the resolution of last episode's cliffhanger, will Sakuma actually commit Suicide?

Well, of course not. Instead, when he's put in his probably most stressful life situation yet, he's suddenly getting an epiphany and suggests that his troupe search the one spot people would usually avoid searching, even though that in itself makes it obvious?

Meh. Rest of the episode was flawed as others have pointed out and I have no idea how I'm supposed to be invested in either the characters nor this lousy mystery. I'll watch one more episode and see if the by-weekly story formula works out after all.

Tsuritama 07

SlapLand intensifies. Do Japanese peeps really slap each so other as much as anime implies ? The phenomenon is pretty foreign to me and I keep thinking this is a an over exaggeration but it really keeps coming back and back.

Yes, anime is real.

PKrockin

Tamako Market ep.3-5
3YIEmpB.gif

confess to Tamako
. Tamako is so clueless in regards to other's feelings of love, even her own little sisters, as we got an episode about, but her friends sure pick up on that stuff quickly. Either way, this is a pretty fun show to watch and has a great tone and atmosphere to it.
Wow, they look exactly the same as K-On characters.

Sölf

Joker Game 02
Damn, I love this show already. If it continues like this it becomes a really strong contender for my AOTS. And damn, the OST is great. And the opening is also a strong contender for best opening.

Sakamoto desu g? 01
Didn't like the first half that much except for the volley ball scenes which cracked me up. But holy shit, the whole bee scene just destroyed me. xD Only concerns I have so far is that it may be too boring after a while, but I need more episodes to really have an opinion on this.

Mayoiga 02
I like it and I like where this is going so far. I am really interested who or what the bus driver saw. I highly doubt those two missing are dead, but I wouldn't be suprised if the first people start dieing soon. Or the whole show is a giant troll and in the end absolutely nothing happens, which would also be hilarious. xD

Kiss x Sis ep. 1-3
gVj8Tc3.gif

This is probably the only safe gif I can find and this is of the stepdad. I know you all said this was trash, but I didn't realize it was complete and total trash, like hentai trash.... From chocolate covered bananas to chocolate lipstick antics and that is just scratching the surface..... Oh my, this is wrong on soooo many levels. But hey, they are not related by blood and daddy/mommy support it, so why not? I need to find a good story to watch and not this for the time being..

Why in the world did you decide to watch this series? Surely your standards can't be that low.

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied ep.7-9
hMFInRU.gif

I just can't get over how edgy this show is. I mean, that poor puppy, why anime, why did the puppy have to get slaughtered by the little boy? Those sounds effects were horrible and almost made me cry through the awkward laughter at just how friggen' crazy this all is. Yes, Lucy had a tough life and of course, she knew Kohta from their childhood, but damn, that was just brutal.... So many heads were lost.........

Why in the world did you decide to watch this series? Surely your standards can't be that low.

Anime was a mistake...

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 23

It's been a while since the show remembered how ruthless Mikazuki was in battle.
Carta stood no chance

Next episode: Edmonton gets its shit wrecked (probably)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Elfen Lied is the kind of thing you watch when you get into the medium because you came across its name from some clips on YouTube of gritty anime (I expect Parasyte to fall into this category). Once you've seen about say five shows there's really no excuse to watch it.

No excuse.

Cornbread78

Corn has watched everything there is to watch, now he is doing this to himself...

Yeah, I watched waaay too much crap today. It's time to play more Vita in my free time since my back-log is enormous...

When I do get Extra time, I plan on

Will finish up soon:
Tamako Market
Seto no Hanayome
Sankarea
Nagi no Asukara
Love Hina
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Elfen Lied

I'll slowly work on over time:
G Gundam
Kare Kano
Fairy Tail

Soon I'll start (as I finish the above):
Tenchi Muyou!
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
Maburaho
Higashi no Eden
Guilty Crown
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Mushishi

Elfen Lied is the kind of thing you watch when you get into the medium because you came across its name from some clips on YouTube of gritty anime (I expect Parasyte to fall into this category). Once you've seen about say five shows there's really no excuse to watch it.

No excuse.

Curiosity wins sometimes, ya know...

Meanwhile, Cornbread hasn't watched Gintama.

To be fair me neither, anything above 50eps for me is way too big of a commitment. Even though I've heard nothing but praise, I still won't do it. Same as Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. Way too many episodes.

Yeah, I watched waaay too much crap today. It's time to play more Vita in my free time since my back-log is enormous...

When I do get Extra time, I plan on

Will finish up soon:
Tamako Market
Seto no Hanayome
Sankarea
Nagi no Asukara
Love Hina
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Elfen Lied

I'll slowly work on over time:
G Gundam
Kare Kano
Fairy Tail

Soon I'll start (as I finish the above):
Tenchi Muyou!
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
Maburaho
Higashi no Eden
Guilty Crown
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Mushishi

Curiosity wins sometimes, ya know...
Goddamn. Plus the seasonal stuff right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom