• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

甲鉄城のカバネリ ‏@anime_kabaneri 51m51 minutes ago

【甲鉄城のカバネリ第2話放送情報】
昨日放送を休止した第2話の放送は4月21日(木)となります。
フジテレビ以外の放送局もそれぞれ1週間順延となります。
またAmazonプライム・ビデオでの配信も放送に合わせ順延となりますのでご注意ください。
#カバネリ

Does this mean that next week's episode is postponed as well or there will be two episodes running together? Bing translation is a Pile of poo, lol

I was just wondering of how they will make up for the delay.

Instro

Joker Game 1-2

I find this show more enjoyable than pretty much anything else I've seen this season. Great atmosphere, and this is my kind of genre so it works well for me. I don't expect much in the way of top animation, but the visuals are pleasing enough and the the overall direction and pacing so far worked well. Sounds like it's more episodic going forward, which I am totally fine with.

Also lots of close up smirking. That's the best.

Jintor

甲鉄城のカバネリ ‏@anime_kabaneri 51m51 minutes ago

【甲鉄城のカバネリ第2話放送情報】
昨日放送を休止した第2話の放送は4月21日(木)となります。
フジテレビ以外の放送局もそれぞれ1週間順延となります。
またAmazonプライム・ビデオでの配信も放送に合わせ順延となりますのでご注意ください。
#カバネリ

Does this mean that next week's episode is postponed as well or there will be two episodes running together? Bing translation is a Pile of poo, lol

Yesterday's postponed episode 2 has been moved to the 21st (Thursday). Apart from Fuji Television, every other station is postponing their broadcast by a week. Also, Amazon Prime/Video is also delayed, so please be aware of that.

why is concrete revolutio so dull? I'm not sure i can finish it without skipping episodes.

Yesterday's postponed episode 2 has been moved to the 21st (Thursday). Apart from Fuji Television, every other station is postponing their broadcast by a week. Also, Amazon Prime/Video is also delayed, so please be aware of that.

Thanks for the info. What's causing the delay?

Wanderer5

Every other station is postponing their broadcast by a week? So the season as a whole will be a week later?

why is concrete revolutio so dull? I'm not sure i can finish it without skipping episodes.

I suppose because you're not interested in thoughtful explorations of morality against the backdrop of 20th century Japanese political and cultural history? It's such a densely written show that if you feel like skipping episodes there's no point in watching any of it.

Line_HTX

I don't think it's dull, but rather the timeline is a little jumpy. If you watch the special episode before Season 2 they summarize the timeline very well that it's easy to understand everything that connects.

duckroll

Yeah i think it has to do with me expecting one thing (superhumans fighting) and the show delivering something else (morality issues).

Nothing really wrong with that.

Aside from the early namedropping of Watchmen, the main western property Aikawa keeps citing over and over these days in terms of inspiration for Concrete Revolutio is.... Wild Cards. :)

Narag

Aside from the early namedropping of Watchmen, the main western property Aikawa keeps citing over and over these days in terms of inspiration for Concrete Revolutio is.... Wild Cards. :)

Is that due to the world they're working with or more the shared concept with so many different writers contributing?

Quasar

Wow. Talk about obscure. Unless there's another wild cards thats not the shared universe superheroes thing that Martin was involved with?

Maybe it's a shared anime universe.

Tetsuro Araki Cinematic Universe

How many writers are on here? Given its presentation it feels like there are a lot of different people contributing.

Almost all Concrete Revolutio episodes are written by Shou Aikawa. One episode in season 1 was written by Masaki Tsuji, and I believe season 2 has been confirmed to have episodes written by Gen Urobuchi and Kazuki Nakashima. But it's Aikawa's baby.

duckroll

Wow. Talk about obscure. Unless there's another wild cards thats not the shared universe superheroes thing that Martin was involved with?

That's the one. The idea of alternate history, a realistic social approach to heroes, the anthology narrative format, and the exploration of pop culture and famous events with a superhero lens are all things which Aikawa was interested in. He also talked about League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Marvels. And The Dark Knight Returns. The inspirations on CR are very obvious I think. It's basically superheroes written as a reflection on contemporary society.

Line_HTX

WIT CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Titan -> Rolling Girls -> Seraph -> Kabaneri

Connect the dots people they're all post-apoc

You know, I actually would not mind this cinematic universe, lol

That's the one. The idea of alternate history, a realistic social approach to heroes, the anthology narrative format, and the exploration of pop culture and famous events with a superhero lens are all things which Aikawa was interested in. He also talked about League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Marvels. And The Dark Knight Returns. The inspirations on CR are very obvious I think. It's basically superheroes written as a reflection on contemporary society.

I must admit, I find this kind of superhero storytelling and its integration into society much more appealing than the society where heros are all the norm and a part of life in MHA. Not saying that MHA is bad, I just think there's something about CR that's more compelling than the whole "I want to be a hero" schtick.

Narag

Almost all Concrete Revolutio episodes are written by Shou Aikawa. One episode in season 1 was written by Masaki Tsuji, and I believe season 2 has been confirmed to have episodes written by Gen Urobuchi and Kazuki Nakashima. But it's Aikawa's baby.

I think the special said Masaki Tsuji was writing another for season 2.

Planetarian anime will be 5 episode+1 movie.
Director: Tsuda Naokatsu(http://myanimelist.net/people/15107/Naokatsu_Tsuda)

2jpVweQ.jpg
Uyzra3k.jpg

N4xKxpY.jpg
6RS8iDI.jpg

equQn8n.jpg

Concrete Revolution ?

One Punch Man ? Maybe you're talking about Genos shooting his laser beam from his arm though I wouldn't call that an organic transformation.

I don't think thats it. I can't find the scene in question ;___;
I know about OPM :)

Thanks for trying. Is there any way of searching gifs posted in a thread?

Arabesque

Seems like it will be promising, though seeing Inu Boku SS in his resume gives me a really difficult, sad feeling we won't ever get anymore from that series.

jgminto

I think this is one of the worst scheduled anime season for me in quite some time, everything I'm watching is in this weird block around the weekend.

Clov

I think this is one of the worst scheduled anime season for me in quite some time, everything I'm watching is in this weird block around the weekend.

Same for me actually, most of what I picked up is on the weekend, leaving me with little to watch on weekdays. Which I'm sort of alright with, since once my classes are over it'll give me time to work on my backlog.

DiGiKerot

Will the movie be some kind of recap thing or will you need to watch the movie to see the full story? :p

Now that I look at those slides above, the TV show is carrying the name of the original Visual novel, whilst the movie carries the name of a story from the later short story collection light novel (that apparently had an iOS version later, looking at the Wiki page).

The TV show should tell a complete story, and the movie should be something set a few years later.

Crocodile

I think a big sour point for me for CR is its aesthetic (use of color, character designs, etc.). A show trying to do what its doing straight up shouldn't look like it does. It's a really bad mismatch and I wouldn't be surprised if that hurt its reception.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 1

The first half wasn't too interesting. For being humanity's last stand, the sequence felt curiously weightless, lacking in impact. The design of the outer space elements made it difficult to follow visually, compounded by a jargon-heavy script. Yamato 2199 set a certain standard for science fiction visual design that I can't help but feel when other productions fail to live up to.

The second half fared much better. The section on the ship felt very lively, with strong animation and good layouts, the characters were immediately appealing, and the world setting was more attractive to look at. Ledo grabbing Amy and running was a particularly amusing sequence, and the reveal of where exactly he was was handled nicely. I appreciated the commitment to showing that they did not understand each others' language, and the foreign gibberish was handled better than the made-up fantasy language in Hataraku Maou-sama. Effective introduction.

Netoge 02

Why aren't the other two girls throwing themselves on him yet?

Kuromukuro 01

I went into this completely blind but I feel I know where this is headed and I'm not sure I'll like it. Props to the naked dude fighting robots with no suit, that was pretty cool to see.

Bungou Stray Dogs 02

I'm curious about how serious this series is going to be. Not that I have a problem with this episode, it was amusing enough. But I wasn't expecting them to be this light hearted.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 1

The first half wasn't too interesting. For being humanity's last stand, the sequence felt curiously weightless, lacking in impact. The design of the outer space elements made it difficult to follow visually, compounded by a jargon-heavy script. Yamato 2199 set a certain standard for science fiction visual design that I can't help but feel when other productions fail to live up to.

The second half fared much better. The section on the ship felt very lively, with strong animation and good layouts, the characters were immediately appealing, and the world setting was more attractive to look at. Ledo grabbing Amy and running was a particularly amusing sequence, and the reveal of where exactly he was was handled nicely. I appreciated the commitment to showing that they did not understand each others' language, and the foreign gibberish was handled better than the made-up fantasy language in Hataraku Maou-sama. Effective introduction.

Yeh that second half of the first episode and what follows in the near future had me enjoying the show. That said, it didn't take long before the decline started, though I can't recall when it specifically happens. Eventually I ended up disliking the show and I was surprised to find out it's rather well received here.

Sexual fanservice was also a major detriment to me, so I'm curious how you'll take that.

Thoraxes

Figured i'd mention it in here, but if anyone wants some uncompressed screencaps of anime bluray releases that I mention getting in here, or anything you want to see that I may have, just let me know. I ended up getting a bluray drive last weekend and can start doing that stuff.

But it's just me and Thoraxes!

I think you're right! It's weird cause I originally was kinda down on the ending too, and then totally did a 180 on that just a few weeks after.

I think i'm gonna give some of that a rewatch this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom