• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
So those who saw that link that I posted a few days ago with the killings order for The Lost Village will be able to confirm (maybe) whether it was accurate or not. Someone is gonna get cut in that show, I know it.

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied
Pqcryin.gif

Not really any other safe gifs, this part was stupid.

I am now going to play some SAO on my Vita to cleanse my soul from this show. WTF was that ending even supposed to be? We have an OP, handicap, loli
diclonius that is the chief researchers real daughter
that comes out of nowhere to try and kill Lucy and Nana, Kouta finally remembers that
Lucy killed his sister and father right in front of him
(I saw that one coming…) More heads rolling and bodies exploding in complete nonsense towards the end. Nothing was revealed on what the Diclonius’ even are, where they came from, why Lucy is
the queen to the virus
, why is the
president also have fu(king horns
and what was that ending oven supposed to be? Are they saying that
Lucy didn’t get herself killed by everyone? Or was it that assistant that knew who Kouta was from school
Does Kouta hook up with his cuz? Does he start a harem with all the woman in the house? Why is the clock fixed? Who is at the door? WHO is at the door.... no horns.... WHAT WAS THAT ENDING? uugghh

Also, the OVA is set during the shows original timeline. I’m guessing around ep. 10 and does not really have any relevance to the plot (plot…. lol) of the series other than adding a little additional background on Lucy and Nana…

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Season 2, Episode 3:

So in this episode we learn perhaps the true nature of Tora, though he doesn't seem quite in alignment with the other Azafuse and we are certainly building towards endgame here.

Narag

Kagewani -II- 3
This one would have been right at home in the first season of Yamishibai. The big question is if Banba's in custody, who the hell was that?

phaze

I don't think thats it. I can't find the scene in question ;___;
I know about OPM :)

Thanks for trying. Is there any way of searching gifs posted in a thread?

Not that I know of. And how recent is "recent" ? If it was here that you saw it then maybe it's some older show ? I think someone posted Noein gif a while ago.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 1

I swear, you're literally watching about a dozen of titles right now.

Elfen Lied
Does he start a harem with all the woman in the house? Why is the clock fixed? Who is at the door? Who is at the door.... no horns.... WHAT WAS THAT ENDING? uugghh

Also, the OVA is set during the shows original timeline. I’m guessing around ep. 10 and does not really have any relevance to the plot (plot…. lol) of the series other than adding a little additional background on Lucy and Nana…
bv2_vv5z_cyaamu_mv8oqg.png

Elfen Lied is a masterpiece only surpassed by Mirai Nikki.
Can anyone fill me in on what this season's highlights are?

Thanks guys.

I don't really think there's any standout but there's a suprising number of fairly decent shows that haven't shat the bed yet.

Bungou Stray Dogs
Boku Hero Academia
Kiznaiver
Jojo
Joker Game

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolution 15

Wow. Stellar. One of the best episodes so far, and a great tease on Jiro's power. Both of the stories shown had some really thrilling moments, great action and the animation was very, very good. Fantastic music too. Just really impressive all around. Moreover, it was really nice to see old characters back and how much they changed. Ahi Harako had serious character development, and she proved to be quite strong too, now that she graduated from being a one-dimensional idol.

It's interesting that the Fumers are actually gone, even though we'll see more of their race, considering one of the most mysterious characters, Ultima, is one of them, partially.

The best thing on the episode, even better than the Jiro scenes, was definitely the tag team of Kikko and Emi. Jiro should have left the Bureau earlier.

I swear, you're literally watching about a dozen of titles right now.

A few more than a dozen. But yeah, I've got the backlog commitments I made at the beginning of the year, a pile of unwatched DVD/BDs I'm working my way through, my attempt to go through the lists I've kept of 2013-2015 anime I need to see (picked up Gargantia once I finished Gintama Enchousen here), currently airing shows, and then whatever random other anime pique my interest.

Qurupeke

Space Patrol Luluco 3
Man, Nonon's voice actress for Midori. This killed me. BASED TRIGGER. I can't wait for her to join the station, she's great.

ΑΩ has such a smug face. I can't.

Edit: She joined post-credits. lol I shouldn't have posted impressions when it's not over...

A few more than a dozen. But yeah, I've got the backlog commitments I made at the beginning of the year, a pile of unwatched DVD/BDs I'm working my way through, my attempt to go through the lists I've kept of 2013-2015 anime I need to see (picked up Gargantia once I finished Gintama Enchousen here), currently airing shows, and then whatever random other anime pique my interest.

I am curious hosanna, with that many shows to watch do you have time for anything else, like gaming, etc on your free time? You see last season I was watching 12 shows, and between classes and assignments, work, gaming and life general, I was struggling to keep up with the season. Hence why I decided that I needed to cut down heavily on how much stuff I watch. How do you do it?

phaze

Ashita no Joe 2/79

Urutsei Yatsura 22/195

udyesey8ojek.png

Also, if you substract the currently airing shows I was almost right !

------------------------
wait

Wait

WAIT

That Big Order thing Cornbread was shilling about few days back is that one manga adaptation from Mirai Nikki's author ? Picked the hell up.

Puruzi

Banned
I am curious hosanna, with that many shows to watch do you have time for anything else, like gaming, etc on your free time? You see last season I was watching 12 shows, and between classes and assignments, work, gaming and life general, I was struggling to keep up with the season. Hence why I decided that I needed to cut down heavily on how much stuff I watch. How do you do it?

If you don't binge and you watch shows at your own pace it's not difficult at all.

If I tackled that many shows from my backlog consecutively I'd never finish any of them. It never works out for me when I try to spread myself that thin.

Cornbread78

If you don't binge and you watch shows at your own pace it's not difficult at all.

Exactly.

Mobile Apps and slow work pace make this possible. Well, my real "busy" period in the office is done, so the next few months are rather slow for me and I plan on taking advantage of that, but definitely more Vita time this year and less anime. I went a little crazy last summer.....

If I tackled that many shows from my backlog consecutively I'd never finish any of them. It never works out for me when I try to spread myself that thin.

It works really well for some shows like "My Bride is a Mermaid" because I would probably get bored/annoyed with that show if I binged it. Same for shows like G Gundam that are episodic in nature are much easier to manage that way.

Netflix has spoiled me. If you give me the choice between watching one episode or a bunch at a time when I am free, I will totally do it. Watching as they come out is better because really, I have to wait for the next episode to air in a week. I have Penguindrum, Baccano, Berserk, Garo, etc to watch. And that's not even counting other stuff like me re-watching Hyouka, or real life shows like Sherlock, Vikings, Billions, Better Call Saul, etc. My life is a huge backlog of all kinds of shows lol.

Narag

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 3

Feels so weird to be able to watch modern JoJo for the production values and not just the bizarre happenings.

Just T

Concrete Revolutio: 15

That was a really great episode. The flashback scene with Jiro was crazy and got some more info there, kinda surprised it went down like that. It's pretty cool to see how some of the other characters are doing now, wasn't expecting a focus like that on Aki but it turned out good. Also I thought Kikko and Emi's dynamic was pretty entertaining.

JulianImp

Bungou Stray Dogs #1-2
Don't know where this is going yet, but I love that Rudolph's VA is playing the cool big boss character yet again.

Netoge #1-2
Comedy-wise, I think KonoSuba was way better than this show, since it did have a guy surrounded by girls but didn't go out of its way to ship them together, and the comedy didn't amount to little more than harem hijinx. I did laugh when the tsundere tried to stop the dumb main girl from using her friends' in-game names in class and the tables were turned on her, but that's the only part that I actually found entertaining.

Master threatening the tsundere with her getting left behind reminded me about back when I was playing Diablo 2 with friends in high school because they often played until late at night and internet access at home was cut off slightly before midnight, so they eventually got really ahead of me level-wise and I had to drop the game since it wasn't fun to play like that anymore.

Also, blonde twintail tsunderes are getting boring, but I guess that's an industry-wide phenomenon anyway. I actualy almost liked Michiru in the Grisaia anime because she voluntarily used that getup in order to play the role of the group's tsundere, even if the cast as a whole (including her) was rather meh.

Cerberus #1
Right into the "maybe watch later if impressions end up being good" list it goes, since the first episode was kind of generic with regards to the general setting, characters and plot.

Can anyone fill me in on what this season's highlights are?

Thanks guys.

Seconding
-Flying Witch (Non Non Biyori-style slow comedy)
-Kabaneri Iron Fortress (AoT turned up to 11, but with a main character who you can stand)
-Re:Zero ("Time travel" fantasy world anime that will probably be less than I hope for)

Netflix has spoiled me. If you give me the choice between watching one episode or a bunch at a time when I am free, I will totally do it. Watching as they come out is better because really, I have to wait for the next episode to air in a week. I have Penguindrum, Baccano, Berserk, Garo, etc to watch. And that's not even counting other stuff like me re-watching Hyouka, or real life shows like Sherlock, Vikings, Billions, Better Call Saul, etc. My life is a huge backlog of all kinds of shows lol.

How do you find chunks of time to sit and watch a whole bunch of episodes in a chunk like that. Its easier for me to watch them as they come out weekly since its easy to fit 23 minutes in version 12 episodes in . Last show I did that was I think Devil is a Part Timer when it was added to netflix.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable: Episode 3:

SO at last we are introduced to one of the more important bits of Jojo mythos and that still isn't making up for the fact that these starter villains still kind of suck.

How do you find chunks of time to sit and watch a whole bunch of episodes in a chunk like that. Its easier for me to watch them as they come out weekly since its easy to fit 23 minutes in version 12 episodes in . Last show I did that was I think Devil is a Part Timer when it was added to netflix.

See I did Daredevil S2 during my reading week from school. I was home, with nothing to do, so I just watched 3-4 50min episodes a pop until I finished it. With these shows it's harder because they are double-length. Anime is easy with its 20min episodes.

Another earthquake so wouldn't' be surprised if there's more delays.

7.0 this time. Damn.

Fuck. Hopefully no casualties this time around.

Kyuur

Not caught up on Pt3 of Jojo yet so I'm not watching Pt4 yet, but I just watched the opening... It's a fucking travesty. Why the hell didn't Kamikaze Douga do it (or if they did, why did they drop their signature style)?

Qurupeke

Not caught up on Pt3 of Jojo yet so I'm not watching Pt4 yet, but I just watched the opening... It's a fucking travesty. Why the hell didn't Kamikaze Douga do it (or if they did, why did they drop their signature style)?

Yeah, it's bad. I loved how unique the previous OPs were, such a shame.

Ascheroth

The part 4 opening is pretty great and completely fitting for the style of part 4. And it also indicates it will be updated over its run.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The part 4 opening is pretty great and completely fitting for the style of part 4. And it also indicates it will be updated over its run.
Maybe it's a thematic fit for Part 4, I don't really know, but the music itself sets a tone that feels like a very different era from when Part 4 actually takes place. When Jojo Pt. 4 is taking place the style of music in the OP would've been largely reviled.

Kyuur

No, it's awful by any standard for any series. A million generic stills and quick dancing animations of characters over static backgrounds. The first 5 seconds and the can kick are the only acceptable bits.

Tons of anime have shit OPs like this, but it makes me especially mad given how amazing the first 4 were. I'd be similarly angry if it happened to Gatchaman Crowds.

Edit: I have no problem with the relaxed mood and music of the opening. My problem is with the quality.

Narag

Expectations were set and not met. People would be just as disappointed if the ED didn't have some licensed song everyone's familiar with even if a different bit of music was appropriate for it.

Strike Witches ep 1

Put on some pants, this show is what I feared Girls und Panzer would be when I first started watching that in terms of relentless exploitation of it's early teen cast. Watched the whole of this dreck in the hope something would redeem it but nope it's trash all the way down excepting that it is fairly well animated even if I'm not a fan of the suits or enemy designs. I thought Kancolle was shameless but it's a a model of restraint next to this thing.

I have an irregular schedule as a musician, so it's not hard to fit in half-hour episodes or gaming periods here and there throughout the day. Plus I've been dealing with some health issues that prevent me from being very active with my free time. And it's not as if I'm watching every show every day.

Ashita no Joe 2/79

Urutsei Yatsura 22/195

http://abload.de/img/udyesey8ojek.png

Also, if you substract the currently airing shows I was almost right !

One episode at a time! I'm in no rush.

It's not Kamikaze Douga. The Diamond is Unbreakable OP is in-house at David Production with Tsuda himself directing it.

convo

Jo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable: Episode 3:

SO at last we are introduced to one of the more important bits of Jojo mythos and that still isn't making up for the fact that these starter villains still kind of suck.

I'd say it's not unpopular to say that the villains of the week in Stardust Crusaders were mostly jobbers that people didn't care for with a some exceptions with the main villain always being someone you could always look forward to.
Now with this thing that can make Stands happen, weird shit is gonna happen in this town.
Also from your impressions you seem constantly annoyed by characters, i'd like to know what sort of expectations you have for what this cast is gonna do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom