• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

A couple more show impressions:

Twin Star Exorcists #2
So the council of the elders all knew about the legend of the chosen miko who'd save the world from the monsters, but not that it required two strong onmyouji to have a child together? Seriously? My issue isn't as much with the whole twist but the fact that it looks like there was a deep-rooted lore that the leader onmyouji just trampled on because he received some convenient vision.

Then there's the issue of the two main chracters being forced to fight against one another, and their fight basically hinging on both of them getting ridiculous power-ups from getting angry, and things being tied up by the head onmyouji going "oh, sorry for badmouthing your friends who had died in some horrible incident you witnessed, but I just wanted to see you fighting with your full power". Something even crazier is that the two kids were supposed to be the strongest onmyouji in existence , and yet the head priest effortlessly dispelled their enchantments, meaning that he's probably even stronger than both of them combined and yet nobody cares about him, praising the two kids for being the ultimate onmyouji and the one sliver of hope to put an end to conflict once and for all.

Dropped.
It was about their potential, not about their power right now. He mentioned that before they even started to fight. And so the praise and everything as well centers mostly about their potential as well.
I get that you don't like it, and you don't have to.
But it always irks me the wrong way when complaints about something are just completely wrong.

Cornbread78

Tamako Market
2l6LAhr.gif

Xz89Pbm.gif

I really enjoyed the tone of this series and how they held that tone throughout the whole thing. The central plot with the Prince was really unnecessary and they could have just focused the series on the great characters of the market and added the bird somehow. I’m going to go watch Tamako Love Story really quick and hopefully that adds a missing element to the TV series. The show was seriously pretty though.

Twin Star Exorcists #2 Something even crazier is that the two kids were supposed to be the strongest onmyouji in existence, and yet the head priest effortlessly dispelled their enchantments, meaning that he's probably even stronger than both of them combined and yet nobody cares about him, praising the two kids for being the ultimate onmyouji and the one sliver of hope to put an end to conflict once and for all.
They're not the strongest onmyouji in existence or anything near it, it's a potential thing. It's a battle shounen, you can't start the protagonists off as the strongest!

pbayne

Tamako Market

I really enjoyed the tone of this series and how they held that tone throughout the whole thing. The central plot with the Prince was really unnecessary and they could have just focused the series on the great characters of the market and added the bird somehow. I’m going to go watch Tamako Love Story really quick and hopefully that adds a missing element to the TV series. The show was seriously pretty though.

Something tells me you'll enjoy Love Story a lot more.

In work right now but the thumbnail for Ann Happy ep 2 suggests that show is going places I wasn't expecting from ep 1
evil Totoro looking places to be exact

There are certain elements in episode one that hinted at a darker story that could be explored maybe, hopefully...but i doubt itll be anything other than a comedy in the end.

Twin star exorcist has probably the weakest op purely in terms of visuals

Worse than Sakamoto's?

sonicmj1

So this is where sonicmj1's avatar is from, I suppose.

I need to check this movie. I haven't watched a lot of Hosoda's movies, and it actually seems I haven't watched the best ones yet, but I love how they look.
I switched to this avatar after I watched Wolf Children in theaters. I think about changing it every now and then, but I really love the movie.

The Hosodapocalypse's legacy shall never die.

Sheentak

Having so much trouble finding good shows this season, pretty weak season overall. First time since 2008 im watching less than 10 anime concurrently am i missing anything

Boku no Hero Academia
Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Stride Gate(I play the game so it shows upcoming cards)
JOJO Diamond
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Macross Δ

Well check out when they air
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken
Kuromukuro

Thinking of watching
Netoge no Yome
Bakuon!!

Anything else you guys think i should watch?

Ascheroth

Twin star exorcist has probably the weakest op purely in terms of visuals
No way. The OP is pretty neat.

I haven't watched the show proper so I can't say if they reused footage from the episode proper (though that's not what I've heard from anyone else who has watched it), and I don't know about "bringing the hype", but the OP is stylish, effectively edited, and well animated. It's the second best OP of currently airing shows behind Concrete Revolutio: The Last Song.
There's no reused footage in the OP, but most of the action scenes in there are similiar to what happened in episode 1, basically showing off Rokuros and Benios base techniques.
...Which I'd argue is far better then shoving in spoilery stuff about future fights or something. And I agree, some very cool transitions in there.

Puruzi

Banned
Having so much trouble finding good shows this season, pretty weak season overall. First time since 2008 im watching less than 10 anime concurrently am i missing anything

Boku no Hero Academia
JOJO Diamond
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Macross Δ

Kuromukuro

Thinking of watching
Netoge no Yome
Bakuon!!

Kiznaiver and Luluco

Cornbread78

Tamako Love Story
27njv4Y.gif

s5RHSZj.gif

Been killing it with visuals today; soma amazing gifs. Yeah, this was much better than Tamako Market outside of the constant stalling (typical anime, I know). It is definitely best to watch this right after the series so you have a good background into the characters and how they interact. You would be lost if not and would lose a bit of what makes a few of the moments significant. Now, can we get a college/post college anime of these two because I really like the characters in this show. Also, on the Midori thing; they never do properly address her true feelings for Tamako. It is heavily implied back from Market, but they never do go near that yuri bomb. I loved the way they incorporated her fathers story with her mother into this as well.... soo good. Overall, the moments were heartfelt and beautiful and this was a worthwhile watch as a continuation to Tamako Market. Good stuff.

I forgot to include it, but this is the gif that inspired me to watch everything from scratch..
SXLpS3H.gif

Love the black and white of this.

A couple more show impressions:

Twin Star Exorcists #2
So the council of the elders all knew about the legend of the chosen miko who'd save the world from the monsters, but not that it required two strong onmyouji to have a child together? Seriously? My issue isn't as much with the whole twist but the fact that it looks like there was a deep-rooted lore that the leader onmyouji just trampled on because he received some convenient vision.

Then there's the issue of the two main chracters being forced to fight against one another, and their fight basically hinging on both of them getting ridiculous power-ups from getting angry, and things being tied up by the head onmyouji going "oh, sorry for badmouthing your friends who had died in some horrible incident you witnessed, but I just wanted to see you fighting with your full power". Something even crazier is that the two kids were supposed to be the strongest onmyouji in existence, and yet the head priest effortlessly dispelled their enchantments, meaning that he's probably even stronger than both of them combined and yet nobody cares about him, praising the two kids for being the ultimate onmyouji and the one sliver of hope to put an end to conflict once and for all.

I dont understand the second paragraph, how can kids that have yet to really train (Rokuro hasnt really been all that active since his accident), and Benio still has some issues, be faulted for being weaker than an person much older and more experienced than them?

Ascheroth

Boku no Hero Academia
JOJO Diamond
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Macross Δ

Kuromukuro

Thinking of watching
Netoge no Yome
Bakuon!!

Kiznaiver
Re:Zero (the first episde is double length and the first half can be a bit slow, but it's worth it ;) )
Kagewani S2 (it's a 8 min anime, so you can watch season 1 in about 2 hours to catch up)
Joker Game
Bungo Stray Dogs

and maybe Sakamoto if you haven't read the manga

Line_HTX

Boku no Hero Academia
JOJO Diamond
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Macross Δ

Kuromukuro

Thinking of watching
Netoge no Yome
Bakuon!!

Kiznaiver
Flying Witch
Concrete Revolutio S2, or S1 if you haven't watched it
And yes, please watch Bakuon for the silliness, lol

JulianImp

It was about their potential, not about their power right now. He mentioned that before they even started to fight. And so the praise and everything as well centers mostly about their potential as well.
I get that you don't like it, and you don't have to.
But it always irks me the wrong way when complaints about something are just completely wrong.

They're not the strongest onmyouji in existence or anything near it, it's a potential thing. It's a battle shounen, you can't start the protagonists off as the strongest!

I dont understand the second paragraph, how can kids that have yet to really train (Rokuro hasnt really been all that active since his accident), and Benio still has some issues, be faulted for being weaker than an person much older and more experienced than them?

My bad, yeah it was about potential and not them being powerful from the get-go so that makes more sense... guess I just am not into most shounen battle shows anymore so I can't really appreciate them. I basically got stuck at the whole tragic past and great power thing and the anger-based power-ups, so I kind of noped out of the rest of the episode, and the random slapstick humor certainly didn't help things, either.

Forcing two characters with opposite personalities to interact with each other could make for some decent character development and all, and it'd probably take more episodes to see what they do with it, but I don't think I'll be following it week-by-week at all, at least not when I could be clearing my backlog and eventually come back to this show if it ends up looking like a good watch later on.

Ascheroth

Mawaru Penguindrum - 13

I think I got more confused this episode, haha.
So Himari was safed by... apple juice. Librarian guy is in love with Boushi-sama or something and he is the one who set everything in motion, since he wants the Penguindrum... for something to do with fate?
Redhair announces her next move. Flashback to the aftermath of the incident, pretty sad seeing Kanda completely in disbelief and everything. More revelations about Kandas businesses. So he's literally selling his heart/life it seems.
And where do Tabukis finger scars come from?
So many questions.

Kagewani S2 2

This season isn't wasting any time getting back into the overall plot.
Wonder what Kimura is up to. We didn't get a clear shot of his face, but it looks like there's been some mechanical alterations to it.

GranBlue Fantasy has my life under lock right now.

I'm playing it super casually here and there out of curiosity. I can't deal with these mobile games though, this game keeps throwing mechanics and stuff to do at every tap. I'll stick to the Division lol. I can wear "what are those" shoes there.

I was lying anyways. Hearthstone has had me locked in its tiny fingers since it was in Beta. :c I can't escape.

GranBlue Fantasy has my life under lock right now.

I'm playing it super casually here and there out of curiosity. I can't deal with these mobile games though, this game keeps throwing mechanics and stuff to do at every tap. I'll stick to the Division lol. I can wear "what are those" shoes there.

Mayoiga 2

I wasn't expecting the village to be so clearly modern in design. I'm bothered that no one is commenting on the obvious signs of past infrastructure, such as telephone booths and bus stops. They keep saying things like "How could they have built all this themselves?", as if this was the pyramids of ancient Egypt instead of looking like any typical rural Japanese town. It'd be neat if this were leading up to a twist akin to The Village, but the glimpses of flashbacks and the rest stops in the first episode would seem to preclude that.

Weird request but can anyone help me remember this anime. It aired recently, and I remember some amazing gifs posted in the anime thread. It looked super hero-ish, the scene I remember had this guy transform in an organic way and shoot a crazy light beam.

javac

Not sure if this is new, but you can request vendors to reissue DVDs and Blu-ray's including requesting English subtitles and digital versions on Prime Video on Amazon Japan.

DVD・Blu-ray Request

Tell the vendor your request of “Packaging”, “Out of Print Reproduction”, “Digitize as Prime Video” or “English Subtitles” for Anime and Japanese movie.

Request Form

Please submit your request titles of "Packaging", "Out of print Reproduction", Anime English Subtitles" and "Digitize as Prime Video".
リクエストの内容 / Request*
  • DVD化 / DVD Production
  • ブルーレイ化 / Blu-ray Production
  • 廃盤商品の再発 / Out of Print Reproduction
  • 日本語吹替版 / Japanese Dub
  • 日本語字幕版 /Japanese Subtitles
  • 英語字幕版 / English Subtitles
  • プライムビデオ化 / Prime Video
※You can check the ASIN in the product description of detail page.

※This request does not guarantee the productions.

※Please submit 1 request for each title.

※Please do not use comma " , " in the request form.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/l/2497387051?_encoding=UTF8&language=en_US

phaze

Weird request but can anyone help me remember this anime. It aired recently, and I remember some amazing gifs posted in the anime thread. It looked super hero-ish, the scene I remember had this guy transform in an organic way and shoot a crazy light beam.

Concrete Revolution ?

One Punch Man ? Maybe you're talking about Genos shooting his laser beam from his arm though I wouldn't call that an organic transformation.

Cornbread78

Netoge no Yome ep.2
I had a feeling yandere girl was going to be that way, lol. That conversation between yandere girl, tsundere girl and MC was pretty funny stuff and I like the set-up we have. This is gonna be fun, lol.

ibyea

Banned
Mayoiga 2

I wasn't expecting the village to be so clearly modern in design. I'm bothered that no one is commenting on the obvious signs of past infrastructure, such as telephone booths and bus stops. They keep saying things like "How could they have built all this themselves?", as if this was the pyramids of ancient Egypt instead of looking like any typical rural Japanese town. It'd be neat if this were leading up to a twist akin to The Village, but the glimpses of flashbacks and the rest stops in the first episode would seem to preclude that.

Remember, this is a comedy. :p

From the New World 11

We're back to episode 8 in both tone - less intense - and quality - lively but erratic animation, somewhat spastic but generally solid direction. I know the story wants to show the mental control the leaders of this society have over its youth, but it was still annoying to have a large part of this episode be devoted to the main cast trying to figure out what we just saw in the past three episodes. Mamoru is falling apart though; he's probably going to be gone soon.

Im still watching the Grimgar engdub and was shocked that Ranta voice actor changed suddenly. Im glad they still gave us the episode though and had another VA step in since the regular one was sick, hope he recovers and rerecords lines for the episode Ranta was easily best voice and performance in this engdub, helps balance out some of Manato's thoughts and cluelessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom