• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

The meat of the game is definitely in the global events. I just completed one on the track from the demo and it was cool seeing the same people going over and over next to me trying to better their time in order to get a bigger piece of the winnings.

So wait, if I have an iPod hooked up with playlists on that, I can't make custom soundtracks? The playlists themselves have to be on the 360? Or the music too?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The meat of the game is definitely in the global events. I just completed one on the track from the demo and it was cool seeing the same people going over and over next to me trying to better their time in order to get a bigger piece of the winnings.

Absolutely. Once I got sick of falling to my death in World Tour, I entered some global events and remembered why I bought this game. Those have a very addictive quality to them.

So wait, if I have an iPod hooked up with playlists on that, I can't make custom soundtracks? The playlists themselves have to be on the 360? Or the music too?

Music has to be on the hard drive.

I need some XBL friends. I don't have anyone to play with/against. Anyone hit me up! Bad people and good people, I don't care!

XBL: Leftover911

Absolutely. Once I got sick of falling to my death in World Tour, I entered some global events and remembered why I bought this game. Those have a very addictive quality to them.

Music has to be on the hard drive.

WTF that makes no sense. Well time to make some mix CDs likes its fucking 2002 or something

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does it matter if you're online or not when playing through the World Tour? Sony is doing another round of stupid PSN maintenance right about when I'm getting my hands on the game on Thursday afternoon, and the service will be down for the rest of the night.

(I can't believe Sony has to take down their entire service every time they need to do "maintenance" - just imagine if a company like Google did that - but that's another discussion.)

Tokubetsu

HAhaha! Little easter egg. Pause the game, and go to settings. If you're playing your own playlist/music, you can set it's volume to 11. It's the only audio setting that goes to 11 (SSX Music does too, sorry).

Does it matter if you're online or not when playing through the World Tour? Sony is doing another round of stupid PSN maintenance right about when I'm getting my hands on the game on Thursday afternoon, and the service will be down for the rest of the night.

(I can't believe Sony has to take down their entire service every time they need to do "maintenance" - just imagine if a company like Google did that - but that's another discussion.)

The timing of it makes me wonder if they screwed up Leap Year.

k i got a custom sound track issue on the ps3...when i try to set my playlist on the ingame menu, i get an error "Data type not supported" even tho their all mp3s & AACs...and they work just fine in other games

Halp me

Big Chungus

I've been adding people from the google doc list but most of the people on there havent played SSX or havent logged in a day or so.

Anyone playing now and wanna add me?

Gamertag is Ferny84.

Xander51

I picked this up on PS3 and I'm totally loving it. My PSN ID is Xander51 if you'd like to add me. I'm decent at the game, but not amazing.

Most of my first few hours has been spent weaning myself away from all my old SSX habits and onto the new controls. While I liked the classic controls in the demo, the game really seems designed around the new controls.

The way that you can easily hop between events thanks to RiderNet recommendations is a dangerous thing for my free time.

Xander51

Why is it that all of my early boards and equipment are better than anything in the store?

I think the online pass gets you a bunch of cool equipment. All of the Store equipment is based on your level, so if your level is lower than that of the online pass stuff, then most of the stuff in the store will suck.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I really can't get into this. The lack of trick transitions, winding being broken, and the loose control are just turning me off.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
SSX is my new video game crack. So good.

I'm just getting started on WT right now to Patagonia playing around with the wing suit which is freakin rad. Quick question I didn't see Fuji when I looked at the explore map does it unlock later or is a code needed.

OK bye. Need another hit now. ;p

Pancho

Qurupancho
Amazing game, will try some explore/ global events later.
Has anyone got problems with the eddie code from GameSpot? Mine doesn't seem to work
And seriously, for anyone lazy enough to not check the PSN list, please add me

PSN: Danny-kun

The more the merrier.

Bgamer90

Banned
I wonder if they'll ever bring back Freakstyle...

lol wow.

I had forgotten all about that game.

Me and my friend rented it a few times. Really fun. It was basically SSX with dirt bikes (it even used the same in game font as the first SSX).

I guess the game didn't sell well.

Salaadin

I always thought that SSX stood for Snowboard Supercross. Whats this "Surfing, Snowboard, and Motocross" BS :p

Anyways, fun game. Captures that thrill of old SSX perfectly. It still feels lacking in that personality and charm based on what Im seeing so far but its a nice step in a great direction.
So much fun to be had. I get the feeling that Im going to sink hours into this.

I always thought that SSX stood for Snowboard Supercross. Whats this "Surfing, Snowboard, and Motocross" BS :p

Anyways, fun game. Captures that thrill of old SSX perfectly. It still feels lacking in that personality and charm based on what Im seeing so far but its a nice step in a great direction.
So much fun to be had. I get the feeling that Im going to sink hours into this.

I feel the same here. Also, why did they make Moby fat?

Tokubetsu

I dropped 300k three times on the same event by accident earlier. So you shush with your 100k.

How are you making that kinda money? World Tour ain't giving me shit. I did take Diamond in some global event though but before anyone calls bullshit, I was in it with only like 4 other dudes and I beat the head guys time by a full 10 seconds L O L

Pancho

Qurupancho
What does the PS3 patch do? Anybody know?

I know one thing it didn't fix, the grinding.

Does the times/scores you make in WT apply to the explore mode? If not, I'll keep playing WT while PSN does maintanance since my runs are not gonna get recorded anyway

Teknoman

Holy shit, I was literally JUST talking to my brother about that game. We remembered playing it but we couldn't remember what it was called. God, that brings back some memories. I hope they make it again too!

lol wow.

I had forgotten all about that game.

Me and my friend rented it a few times. Really fun. It was basically SSX with dirt bikes (it even used the same in game font as the first SSX).

I guess the game didn't sell well.

What reminded me was seeing Zoe in the dirtbike comic scene. Game would be amazing if they revived it in a similar style, especially since there really arent that many side from the MX vs series these days.

JambiBum

How are you making that kinda money? World Tour ain't giving me shit. I did take Diamond in some global event though but before anyone calls bullshit, I was in it with only like 4 other dudes and I beat the head guys time by a full 10 seconds L O L

You make a lot more money once you get out of WT and start doing Explore. Getting gold on drops nets you a good sum. Also I made like 1.5 million from one global event because I got diamond and there were a lot of people.

Top Bottom