• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Teknoman

So when is the first GAF PS3 event, and how would we access it? Just have the person on our friends list?

Agreed. I am watching a stream and the music is terrible.

Custom soundtrack with the special remix effects to the rescue!

Dare you to blitz down the slopes with Skrillex's Reptile in the background or glide across chasms to Earth, Wind, and Fire's Getaway and not crack a smile.

i dont get how people are getting 16mil or higher when i can barely touch 5mil. What am i doing wrong? should i be taking my time and not use boost? I get tricky and i do a bunch crazy stuff but its never enuff...

Any tips?

Game is soooo good. And to counter act that, Im soooo bad at it so far! That said, I did manage to get a little over 21(k or mil?) on the Global Trick event which isnt great, but was a solid run for me! : )

Sothpaw

Really loved SSX on the PS2. The tracks in this game look so boring though. Not too sure why they abandoned the insane courses of the first few SSX games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So when is the first GAF PS3 event, and how would we access it? Just have the person on our friends list?

I don't have the game yet, but from what I understand there can't actually be any real "GAF events", since you don't get to choose which specific friends you invite to a global event - you can only choose between "friends", "friends of friends" and "all connected friends" (which means that once one of your friends has joined all of his friends can join, and if they join all of their friends can join, and so on).

So the most limited selection available is inviting everyone on your friends list, which is probably not limited to just GAF members for most people. To make a GAF-exclusive event, you'd have to delete everyone on your friends list who is not a GAF member first.

But I guess you could still try to organize it a bit here on the forum to at least make sure as many GAFers as possible join.

Most fun I've had so far is doing the Patagonia Wing Suit Deadly Descent without the wing suit to get the achievement. Took me 5 attempts to figure out the line, but once I did it was a blast. I couldnt imagine doing a race or trick run there without the wing suit though.

I havent been to too many areas, but I have been exploring my home country's Rockies tracks and there's a lot of great diversity there. I hate the deadly descent there (trees), but everything else is really good. People that are great at the game will probably hate it since it appears to be the easiest group of tracks, but it also has a great feel to it. Casual.

Dany

Banned
Yeah, they don't 'look' crazy but damn are they fun and just insane to go down on. I am having so much fun, Siberia is fun so far.

Teknoman

I don't have the game yet, but from what I understand there can't actually be any real "GAF events", since you don't get to choose which specific friends you invite to a global event - you can only choose between "friends", "friends of friends" and "all connected friends" (which means that once one of your friends has joined, all of his friends can join, and if they join all of their friends can join, and so on).

So the most limited selection available is inviting everyone on your friends list, which is probably not limited to just GAF members for most people. To make a GAF-exclusive event, you'd have to delete everyone on your friends list who is not a GAF member first.

Oh well any events in that case. Wouldnt want people to do anything that drastic just for some exclusivity.

so on my ps3 in order to get custom soundtrack I have to burn all my mp3s onto a disc and then copy them to ps3 HDD? Why can't I use SD card,psp, external HDD, or thumb drive to transfer the files to my HDD via USB?

Pancho

Qurupancho
so on my ps3 in order to get custom soundtrack I have to burn all my mp3s onto a disc and then copy them to ps3 HDD? Why can't I use SD card,psp, external HDD, or thumb drive to transfer the files to my HDD via USB?

I think that only applies for the xbox, unless I'm terribly wrong.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

No, that's on 360. On PS3 you can transfer MP3s to the HDD pretty much any way you want. I usually just copy them over the network from my computer (via DLNA).

BPK

Three things I definitely don't like so far:

1. The rumble feedback is really weak for some reason. When landing a big jump you barely feel anything. Weird.

2. Auto-rails fricking suck. Give me SSX3 any day and the challenge to actually balance on the rail. I hate how you are sucked into the rails. Not fun.

3. The controls seem loose. I remember SSX3 being far more precise. Here the games seems to put you on the right track half the time.

gate777

I just finished my first on-line event. It was a Trick it! event and I achieved a little over 8 million putting me in the "silver" bracket, funny thing is I wasn't even trying that hard so I probably could have scored higher.

This game is awesome.

What button is the wingsuit with classic controls. The game seems to not tell you.

Check the manual in-game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
whats DLNA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dlna

But basically, it lets different devices act as networked media servers and players. If you turn your PC into a DLNA server (there are many programs to do this - a good one is PS3 Media Server, but you could also just use Windows Media Player if you only need basic media sharing functionality), any DLNA-certified media player (such as a PS3) on the same LAN can access the media shared by the server. This way your PS3 can stream (and copy) music, photos and videos right from your PC.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Global Events are brilliant and the online components as a whole are performing beautifully on launch day.

Haha, yeah. Hope I get this 400k for platinuming this race on serenity. Was in the zone on those rails. 3:44 :D

tm24

First thing I did once I unlocked Explore was get back into Bulldog. Had do it. Also marked out for DJ Atomicka

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I really, really tried with Standard controls but I just suck at them and I'm miles better with the classic controls. I want to love them... maybe some day. I always forget that you can do all kinds of different moves with the stick and I end up doing the same moves over and over again.

-PXG-

This game is so addictive. Beating people's high scores is so much fun.

I have nearly 22 mil points on Serenity drop. If I can get around 23, I will be in the Platinum tier.

Tendo

This game is so good. SO GOOD. 2 questions though:

1) What is the point of leveling up? I think I missed that during the tutorial. Able to purchase better gear?

2) I'm missing something on the trick its. I can hit silver easily but come NOWHERE near the gold scores. Any tips or videos of good runs?

NYR

Anyone else having problems with the game freezing and taking a long time to boot? Launch PS3 here, can't get it to work.

-PXG-

This game is so good. SO GOOD. 2 questions though:

1) What is the point of leveling up? I think I missed that during the tutorial. Able to purchase better gear?

2) I'm missing something on the trick its. I can hit silver easily but come NOWHERE near the gold scores. Any tips or videos of good runs?

1) My guess is access to better gear for your characters

2) Keep your combos going. Don't cash in combos so soon. Mix up super ubers, sig tricks and grinds. Snow flakes and geos help too.

Anyone else having problems with the game freezing and taking a long time to boot? Launch PS3 here, can't get it to work.

Game locked up (XMB still worked though) once for me. I too have a launch Tripl3.

Just how bad is the soundtrack? Anyone out there enjoying it? Trying to decide if I should even give it a chance; I loathed the Hot Pursuit soundtrack.

This game seems to be selling out some places before it even hits the shelves. :O Can't remember the last time I had difficulty finding a game.

Top Bottom